Naza Hostel Reviews

No. 318 Baoding Rd, Shanghai, China

Public areas are nice, so is staff. Rooms were relatively clean, but somewhat worn out.

This hostel was very dirty, nothing seemed to have been cleaned for a long time (except fr the public toilets which were okay), even the sheets were stained and torn. No lockers for all guests in the room, and none could be locked securely, no space for luggage or personal stuff in the room. Only a couple electric sockets in the whole room. The shower drain was completely blocked. We booked beds in a mixed dorm, but when we arrived they claimed that they had none and we had to be separated.

The hostel looks great from the outside and has certainly great potentials.The common room looks cozy but the restaurant has only 2 choices of food. Unfortunately the bed was probably used by a cat or a dog and was full of fleas or other jumping insects. The staff was reluctant to change the bed sheets. When finally they changed it, there were fleas again in the evening. The bathroom in the twin room has a glass door and doesn`t allow any intimacy.

I booked a bed in a 4 beds female dorm but when i checked in, the staff told me they could not guarantee that my roommates would be only female. After I refused this condition, they agreed to give me an individual bedroom without extra charge. The room was OK, although not perfectly clean. I found some mouse poop on the table. And the AC was leaking a little bit. Anyway for 1 night it was OK. The location is good, close to Dalian Avenue station (line 4).

Nice place to stay, great location. Not that clean however it has a great atmosphere. Stuff is friendly but don't speak that much of an English.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Poland

good hostel, metro 5 min walk, good room, daily housekeeping,friendly common part.

Booked a 6 bed room, Hostel had a 4 bed room and 2 beds in a 6 bedded room to offer me.

• 18th Apr 2014