8.5
Fabulous 523 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 523 Total Reviews
Nega Maluca Guesthouse Located at Rua dos Marchantes 15, Santo Antonio/Pelourinho, , Salvador.
Brazil
Salvador Bahia 40301-430 Rua dos Marchantes 15, Santo Antonio/Pelourinho
85% 523
-12.9676849 -38.5058569
    Rooms available

• Germany, Male, 25-30
12th Aug 2016

Really nice place to stay and to discover Salvador. Totally recommended!

• Australia, Female, 41+
1st Aug 2016

Lovely place to stay all the staff were so helpful. When my luggage went missing for a few days I was lent some cloths until they arrived. Take usual precautions and the is safe to wander.

• USA, Female, 18-24
1st Aug 2016

I went to Brazil for 7 weeks and stayed in Salvador for about 2 and a half weeks total. I would not recommend any other place more than Nega Maluca. The staff here is so warm and welcoming, while the Pelourinho is full of music and culture. I have made some wonderful friends in the pelourinho and I particularly owe it to the inviting staff here! I highly recommend this to anyone interested in getting to know Brazilian culture beyond the tourist sites and general budget travelers!

30th Jul 2016

nega maluca has a great location, the staff is young and friendly, the breakfast has a different home made addition to it every morning, and facilities work well, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back

• somlodavid232
  • Hungary, Male, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016

The Naga is a very homey place, I felt very relaxed here from the first moment. It has great communal spaces and it is in a great location. Recommended.

• England, Female, 18-24
17th Jul 2016

Absolutely loved it! Very friendly, made me feel right at home from the first minute i walked in. Lovely team! They even let me leave my bags there on the day i was leaving untill almost 10pm and let me come back and leave bags on the other end of my journey when it was only a day i had, no nights sleep. And they didnt charge me. Let me change my booking various times. Wonderful. Loved it and will definately be recommending it to any future travellers. Thanks Nega Maluca

• England, Female, 31-40
15th Jul 2016
8.0

Good Staff nice No water one night which was annoying Wifi good

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2016

Staying in Nega Maluca is just like staying in a very close friend's home. The staff is always helpful, the breakfast quite ok and the facilities work just fine. The house is located near the best bars and showplaces in pelourinho, so it is possible to walk to parties at night - if you are careful, because pelourinho is not so safe at this time. Definitely a hostel worth its price!!

29th Jun 2016

Everything was great. Staff is the best I've ever had

22nd Jun 2016
5.7

The staff here were extremely nice, but that's where my compliments stop. It was difficult to find this place because there was no signage outside, no obvious house number. Thank goodness we were only here for one night, because the private room that we were given smelled horrid and did not appear clean in the slightest. Breakfast was really, really bad. We did come during the off-season, though, so we didn't get to experience the "awesome atmosphere" highlighted in other reviews.