Nega Maluca Guesthouse Reviews

Rua dos Marchantes 15, Santo Antonio/Pelourinho, Salvador, Brazil

It was a nice location and good breakfast but it was run down and dirty. Staff was very friendly.

They have the best staff! SO friendly and inclusive. Great breakfast. The location was farther from the bus stop/center of town than I had realized - a little intimidating because the roads were dimly lit at night. I felt safe at the hostel, but made sure to walk back with a group of people after sunset. It's an old building so it wasn't as luxurious as some of the hostels I've stayed at, but some things such as dim lighting in the bathrooms are easily fixable. Overall had a wonderful stay! =]

Great location

Nice place with friendly, very helpful staff. A little run down, but dorms were large with air-con, there's an OK kitchen, and good breakfast. Nice terrace for enjoying a beer from the bar. Not much atmosphere when we stayed, but it was off season, so quiet. Bit of an uphill walk to get there, but easily walkable to all of Pelo's sights. Nice good place to relax for a few days.

We loved staying at Nega Maluca! The staff were all very helpful and provide lots of information about Salvador. The rooms were great--each bed with personal electric outlet, light and a shelf. There are lockers to put your personal things. The breakfast in the morning is delicious-bread, cheese, tomatoe, fruit coffee and tea. The atmosphere is very good and many times we all went together in the evening to samba or just to have a beer. There is a lovely balcony with hammocks to enjoy reading!

I stayed here for a week in April. Great location for access to the Pelourinho with bars and cafes close by where you sit in back and look over the bay. The hostel had average bathrooms with good water pressure. Breakfast was ample in the morning. Wifi average. Staff is excellent about helping with outing information, helping me get to Morro de São Paulo and Project Tamar. The staff (English, Portuguese, Spanish) made this an above average stay.

Come and be a part of the family! Definitely the best Guesthouse/Hostel in Salvador! Why? Because of the lovely staff, they are just amazing. They'll give you the best tips to make your trip in Salvador and surroundings unique!!! They know the best places in town and the places to be in every single day. We went together to the Barra beach and had a great time. They also have air conditioning rooms which makes your nights comfortable,I slept every night perfect and I still miss my room. Eva ma

We were greeted as soon as we got out of the cab. The two guys working were super friendly and helped us feel welcomed. We booked a room with a private bathroom, but the bathroom was without water. The hostel manager apologised for the inconvenience and did what he could to remedy the situation. This place seems more geared towards groups of friends and individual travelers, couples will feel at home but the activities are better suited for groups of single people.