Nega Maluca Guesthouse Reviews

Rua dos Marchantes 15, Santo Antonio/Pelourinho, Salvador, Brazil

Awesome atmosphere that attracts a lot of laid-back travelers. The staff has great vibes and are always asking for constructive feedback. I stayed during the world cup, so didnt have too much time to see the rest of Salvador, but they make it really easy to find what you want to do, or give you suggestions if you dont already have a plan. Great job guys!

Very friendly and helpful staff. I loved sleeping in a hammock on the rooftop!

• 28th Jun 2014

Price gouged for World Cup. Not very clean. Not enough bathrooms and showers for full house. Staff was very helpful.

Hostel in a good location in Pelourinho (the historic district) also has a nice breakfast. Staff very helpful

Nice location, nice staff which takes all time to explain you where to go.

Great location, fantastic vibe which all begins will the staff and owner! Had a great stay during the world cup! Would def recommend staying t this hostel. Great breakfast also if u manage to wake up in time for it!

• 19th Jun 2014

This place is an absolute rip off. People arrive to be told they don't have beds but they can sleep in hammocks despite making bookings through Hostelworld, after booking you are told you need to pay in full but they don't accept credit cards so you have to use PayPal and the 6% fee for the hostel gets added to your bill. The place smells of damp, the bathrooms are disgusting and despite saying there is power with each bed most don't work.

This comment is a little strange. 1. She slept in a bed for the 9 days she was in the hostel. Some people booked a hammock and paid cheaper and got a hammock. 2. In the description on our site it says that for the world cup full payment needs to be made in advance beside the 12% you pay to HW. ALSO, in the confirmation mail she recieved under special conditions it says the same 3. Here on the site its specifically specified we don't accept credit cards. Using paypal is only an option

This hostel is a nice place in at a great location. The facilities are kind of average but the staff is nice and helpful. it was not very busy during my stay but the few people staying there, were pretty nice. And the price is definitely fair. Thanks.

Very friendly and clean hostel with a great atmosphere and nice chill out areas. It's located 5 minutes walk from the Pelourinho and does a very nice breakfast.

I was at Nega Maluca during Carnival, where everything is up side down in Salvador. Anyway, I was a bit disappointed when I arrived at the hostel and found out that instead of having a bed in a dormitory as I had booked on Hostelworld I had a hammock at the rook of the hostel. For the rest, everything was fine.

Sorry, but the reservation was for a hammock and not a bed. This is the reservation: 28th Feb '14 2014-02-27 12 hammocks on the roof 1 BRL 170.00 1st Mar '14 2014-02-27 12 hammocks on the roof 1 BRL 170.00 Not fair to make false accusations Inbal (Owner)

Nicely located very near the main touristic area....pelourinho. The staff is very helpful and even in the beginning of carnaval a briefing of what to do/don't do during this period. One thing though if you are alergic to pets, do not go there. Dogs and cats are walking freely in the hostel.

• 25th Feb 2014

Conveniently placed in a quiet area of Pelourinho, right next to a supermarket. They have a nice balcony deck with hammocks to relax and hang out. The kitchen is small but well equipped. Internet is fast. Overall I enjoyed my stay here

Loved the atmosphere here, has a boho travelling vibe with great music in the common area. Great travellers, excellent staff who I made great friends with (the best being Mininho!). Good location, close to samba bars on weekends and next to the centre. Good breakfast and great common area. Very informative. Downside: their dog makes the bathroom and some hallways stink!

I enjoyed my stay at Nega Maluca very much. The athmosphere is chilled out, and the staff is very friendly and helpfull. The terrace is a nice place to hang out and the hostel is well situated, close to the historic center.

I don't have the words to describe how much I loved my stay here at Nega Maluca. The staff are friendly, awesome guys, always willing to help, and the ambiance is just... like nothing else I've encountered. The memories I've made, the friends I've made here are priceless. Stay here, stay a few nights, stay a week. You won't regret it.

We'd stay in Maluca Hostel for one raining week, and was really great! The true expression of an hostel. There you can find a lot of people who are travelling and very good personal that all days show you wait to do. Sometimes they even organize barbecue!! Finally breakfast is one of the best that I tried in Brasil!!!

This hostel is the best you can find to visit easily the not great historic center of Salvador, which, as the city does not offer much more ... Maybe the cleaning could be improved and the malfunction of one out of two broken computer, such as keyboard very bad! But all in all it is a hostel dignified, with a great breakfast and a great owner, ready to provide any help to the traveler ...

Very friendly staff, but the guy with the night shift could'n speak enlish. The guy during the day did and thats the most important one. Showers had no hot water during our stay, but it was hot outside so it was not a big problem. The breakfast was one of the best we ever had. The private double bedroom was small, with a little window. But it was clean with a lock on the door and safe inside. Overall, we had a nice stay there.

Instead of staying the 2 nights we booked at the hostel we extended our stay to 5. The staff is helpful and friendly, the location great (just a few minutes walk to Pelourinho, but still quiet), delicious breakfast & caipirinha, warm water, rooftop terrace.. Would definitely go there again!

Double room very dark, common area not very comfy feel that they didn't quite deliver everything they promised on hostel world.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7