Nega Maluca Guesthouse Reviews

Rua dos Marchantes 15, Santo Antonio/Pelourinho, Salvador, Brazil

Very friendly and clean hostel with a great atmosphere and nice chill out areas. It's located 5 minutes walk from the Pelourinho and does a very nice breakfast.

I was at Nega Maluca during Carnival, where everything is up side down in Salvador. Anyway, I was a bit disappointed when I arrived at the hostel and found out that instead of having a bed in a dormitory as I had booked on Hostelworld I had a hammock at the rook of the hostel. For the rest, everything was fine.

Sorry, but the reservation was for a hammock and not a bed. This is the reservation: 28th Feb '14 2014-02-27 12 hammocks on the roof 1 BRL 170.00 1st Mar '14 2014-02-27 12 hammocks on the roof 1 BRL 170.00 Not fair to make false accusations Inbal (Owner)

Nicely located very near the main touristic area....pelourinho. The staff is very helpful and even in the beginning of carnaval a briefing of what to do/don't do during this period. One thing though if you are alergic to pets, do not go there. Dogs and cats are walking freely in the hostel.

• 25th Feb 2014

Conveniently placed in a quiet area of Pelourinho, right next to a supermarket. They have a nice balcony deck with hammocks to relax and hang out. The kitchen is small but well equipped. Internet is fast. Overall I enjoyed my stay here

Loved the atmosphere here, has a boho travelling vibe with great music in the common area. Great travellers, excellent staff who I made great friends with (the best being Mininho!). Good location, close to samba bars on weekends and next to the centre. Good breakfast and great common area. Very informative. Downside: their dog makes the bathroom and some hallways stink!

I enjoyed my stay at Nega Maluca very much. The athmosphere is chilled out, and the staff is very friendly and helpfull. The terrace is a nice place to hang out and the hostel is well situated, close to the historic center.

I don't have the words to describe how much I loved my stay here at Nega Maluca. The staff are friendly, awesome guys, always willing to help, and the ambiance is just... like nothing else I've encountered. The memories I've made, the friends I've made here are priceless. Stay here, stay a few nights, stay a week. You won't regret it.

We'd stay in Maluca Hostel for one raining week, and was really great! The true expression of an hostel. There you can find a lot of people who are travelling and very good personal that all days show you wait to do. Sometimes they even organize barbecue!! Finally breakfast is one of the best that I tried in Brasil!!!

This hostel is the best you can find to visit easily the not great historic center of Salvador, which, as the city does not offer much more ... Maybe the cleaning could be improved and the malfunction of one out of two broken computer, such as keyboard very bad! But all in all it is a hostel dignified, with a great breakfast and a great owner, ready to provide any help to the traveler ...

Very friendly staff, but the guy with the night shift could'n speak enlish. The guy during the day did and thats the most important one. Showers had no hot water during our stay, but it was hot outside so it was not a big problem. The breakfast was one of the best we ever had. The private double bedroom was small, with a little window. But it was clean with a lock on the door and safe inside. Overall, we had a nice stay there.

Instead of staying the 2 nights we booked at the hostel we extended our stay to 5. The staff is helpful and friendly, the location great (just a few minutes walk to Pelourinho, but still quiet), delicious breakfast & caipirinha, warm water, rooftop terrace.. Would definitely go there again!

Double room very dark, common area not very comfy feel that they didn't quite deliver everything they promised on hostel world.

A very comfortable stay with friendly and very helpful personal, who can help you a lot to choose what to do in and around Salvador!

• 10th Aug 2013

Hostel is great, specially the staff which is very friendly. Location is also a pro: out of the Pelourinho craziness, but still close to the main attractions. Recommended.

Ideally located near the Pelorinho and lots of bars and restaurants. The staff couldn't of been more welcoming and helpful in advising places to go and things to do in Salvador. Would thoroughly recommend it.

キッチンも使えて洗濯もできた。 洗濯は頼んでも格安でした。 タブルのシェアバスルームタイプの二階の部屋にとまったが狭かった。エアコン付き。トイレは二階にはなく一階もしくは地下に降りなければいけない。 近くにスーパーあり。地球の歩き方に載ってる。

Nice hostel that fits in its enwironment, althoug it may look shaby on first glance. Breakast is good (the houskeeper always makes something else to spice it up), rooms are ok, bathrooms are clean. There is always hot water. Location is nice - close to old town center and Tuseday celebration. The bar next to it is damn cool :)

Lugar bem legal, pessoas simpaticas, três noites que nao vou esquecer !! Cafe da manha muito bom. Really cool place, people was really nice and helpfull, free internet. I spend a really nice time there. Really good breakfast.

• 17th Mar 2013

Great location for Pelourinho. Beach 15 mins on bus. Decent breakfast. Friendly staff.

Nicest staff ever seen in a hostel:) I liked everything...from breakfast to the "rede" with the marvelous view!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7