Neill-Wycik Backpackers Hotel

Very Good 704 Total Reviews

• Canada, Male, 31-40
16th Jun 2017
6.3

You get what you pay for. It's an okay place but the elevators are slow, the beds well used, and it's way to big to get that usual feel of a hostel.

16th Jun 2017
5.7

Staff was super friendly and nice. Really wonderful. The property, however, left a lot to be desired. I've stayed in a lot of hostels and this one was by far the most depressing. The location is pretty good, but there seems to be a large homeless population all around. I felt slightly uncomfortable walking outside the hostel. And at night there were screaming crazy people. It was very unnerving. There is also no AC or fan, so be prepared to be VERY warm while you sleep. Rooms are very depressing

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
15th Jun 2017
4.0

No air conditioning on a very hot weekend, window only opened about 4 inches so no air circulation, asked for a fan and there were none. However each staff section in lobby had fans and that was one of the only places with air conditioning. We were sweating entire time spent in room. & sleeping was not really an option because it was to hot to be comfortable. & im from Texas so I know hot. 4 Elevators and 2 were down entire stay. I won't be recommending this hostle or staying there again.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
15th Jun 2017
4.3

The staff didn't help us at all. My room was dirty and my 'fresh' towel was full of stains and smelly. Only one elevator of four was working. The washroom had no toilet paper all the time and the sink was dirty all three days long.

• Portugal, Male, 31-40
12th Jun 2017

I had a good night here. I stayed in Toronto one night longer than my friends who were travelling with me, so I booked a single room here a bit last-minute. Not disappointed. Room was bare but of nice size and clean, and the view was amazing. There didn't seem to be many people staying on my floor, so it was very quiet compared to what I'm used to in other hostels. Staff was very friendly. Considering the price included breakfast, I think this was great value.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
11th Jun 2017
6.9

Basic hostel that was good for one night however both vending machines in the dining room were broken, as was the drinking fountain so there was no water available unless you got a bottle from the breakfast crew earlier in the day. Room was very hot and stuffy even with the window open. Bathrooms were clean and kitchenette was clean also.

10th Jun 2017
6.9

Not bad. Hostel is a little old and dirty but the location is great. If all you want is a bed for a few nights, it's great. Longer stays may want to look elsewhere though.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
8th Jun 2017
2.3

Hostel was appalling -- So bad I checked out 10 mins after checking in & swallowed the $50 loss. I've hosteled around Europe & the US, & I've never felt I needed to leave a hostel. This place felt unsafe (3 security guards in the lobby?!) and my room was disgusting. I didn't even want to put my bag down in the room -- there were body hairs all over the quilt as well as in the bed. Even more alarming -- there was dried blood down one of the walls. Staff were unphased when I wanted to checkout.

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
8th Jun 2017
6.3

The cleanness could be better specialty in the shower, there was some green mold. Staff is ok, anything special. It sucks that you have to check-in until 4pm and check-out before 10am. We arrive to early and they didn't let us stay there, we were tired for our trip and they kick us out. In other hostel they at least let you stay in the common areas. This place is ok as a last choice, but if you can find something better don't stay here.

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
7th Jun 2017
6.6

The mood is pretty awkward, not super friendly. Not the place to make friends. But the services work fine, the location is good and close to the bus station. It's a little expensive for what they offer.