Neill-Wycik Backpackers Hotel Reviews

96 Gerrard Street East, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

This rating is just to inform HostelWorld I have not received my reimbursement due to my reservation cancellation. I was kindly informed by Hostel Personnel that the Hostel serves only students during the time I reserved and that they would contact HostelWorld about the problem. However, HostelWorld has not reimbursed me my reservation payment. My reservation was cancelled by the Hostel Personnel. HostelWorld has not reimbursed me my money. Please contact me to my

• 19th Oct 2015

Très cher pour le peu de facilités proposées. Pas de wifi dans les chambres. Le déjeuner est correct. Mériterait un bon rafraichissement.

A lot of facilities seemed to be broken down, the water fountain in the lobby, the lockers for storing bags and my room didn't seem to have been cleaned properly as their was old cigarette butts on the floor. However the staff were very friendly, the wifi was excellent, good sized breakfasts thrown in with the room and good discounts available for local tourist atractions

Good hostel, a bit basic and the rooms were not too clean. Also annoying that there's no free WiFi in the rooms. On the other hand, the location is excellent and the free breakfast was nice.

The young staff worked well with what they had to work with...BUT the hostel is in dire need of an overhaul, which is long overdue! I only stayed one night in a private room which was OK, but NOT at $50.00 a night. The cleaning staff need to actually CLEAN!

• 20th Aug 2015

good staff, nice breakfast

Sincerly, do not go there. The rooms are without air condition and unbelieveable hot. The bathrooms weren't clean nor cleaned at all. There is no hostel feeling at all, no community. No wifi in the rooms. I left earlier...

The location and staff were great. But then you get to your room and find the kitchen filthy and the bathrooms not any better. They say you can get a towel if you leave it outside your day and sheets are changed every three days. I didn't get either even though I left my towel outside my door. The wifi is free if you go up to the 22nd floor or down in the cafe. If you want it in your room you need to pay for it and that can be expensive.

the room was very clean and neat and the people who work there were really nice. the location was perfect. the only thing that bothered me was some people sining in their room. they were too loud so I found it hard to go to bed.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Why there is no air conditioner in my room?

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

They had a surprisingly clean bathroom. Their lounge and kitchen room not so much. The only huge gripe i have is how humid and sweaty it was in my room 24/7. I guess it's good because it forced me out of my room.

• 13th Aug 2015

화장실과 욕실 지저분해요

It is student housing, without wifi in the room. It has very good breakfast in a hall kind of room. Not very much the idea of a "small hostel", but it is in a very good place.

The staff is very nice. The person who took care of my check-in just forgot to let me know and give me the breakfast vouchers. As my reservation was done at the last minute I didn't know that the breakfast was included in the price. Now I know!

• 11th Aug 2015

La habitación estaba muy sucia. Habia cafe derramado en el suelo y mucha suciedad en general. Las sabanas no estaban limpias, habian sido usadas por otro huesped anteriormente. Lo unico bueno es la wifi y la ubicación. En el storage room habia comida y ropa sucia tirada. No habia ningún control sobre las maletas allí dejadas, qué minimo que un resguardo y que la puerta este cerrada para que nadie entre! Las zonas comunes como los baños y la cocina asi como el pasillo muy sucias.

• 10th Aug 2015