Neill-Wycik Summer Hostel Reviews

96 Gerrard Street East, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

A lot of facilities seemed to be broken down, the water fountain in the lobby, the lockers for storing bags and my room didn't seem to have been cleaned properly as their was old cigarette butts on the floor. However the staff were very friendly, the wifi was excellent, good sized breakfasts thrown in with the room and good discounts available for local tourist atractions

The young staff worked well with what they had to work with...BUT the hostel is in dire need of an overhaul, which is long overdue! I only stayed one night in a private room which was OK, but NOT at $50.00 a night. The cleaning staff need to actually CLEAN!

• 20th Aug 2015

Sincerly, do not go there. The rooms are without air condition and unbelieveable hot. The bathrooms weren't clean nor cleaned at all. There is no hostel feeling at all, no community. No wifi in the rooms. I left earlier...

The location and staff were great. But then you get to your room and find the kitchen filthy and the bathrooms not any better. They say you can get a towel if you leave it outside your day and sheets are changed every three days. I didn't get either even though I left my towel outside my door. The wifi is free if you go up to the 22nd floor or down in the cafe. If you want it in your room you need to pay for it and that can be expensive.

the room was very clean and neat and the people who work there were really nice. the location was perfect. the only thing that bothered me was some people sining in their room. they were too loud so I found it hard to go to bed.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Why there is no air conditioner in my room?

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

They had a surprisingly clean bathroom. Their lounge and kitchen room not so much. The only huge gripe i have is how humid and sweaty it was in my room 24/7. I guess it's good because it forced me out of my room.

• 13th Aug 2015

It is student housing, without wifi in the room. It has very good breakfast in a hall kind of room. Not very much the idea of a "small hostel", but it is in a very good place.

The staff is very nice. The person who took care of my check-in just forgot to let me know and give me the breakfast vouchers. As my reservation was done at the last minute I didn't know that the breakfast was included in the price. Now I know!

• 11th Aug 2015

It was very difficult to find the parking area, the windows were coated with filth, the threadbare carpets had not been vacuumed, neither had the floor in my room and the floor was dirty. The common room counters on my floor needed washing down and there were no cloths or soap to do so. On top of that, I was awoken at 2:30 a.m. by 2 ambulance and police car sirens that came to my building. The police were still there when I was checking out in the morning - this did not help me feel safe.

• 5th Aug 2015

There is no wifi in the bedroom, only if you pay. You can use the internet in the lounge at the first and 22nd floor though. Staff members were nice! It's close to subway stations and in the hear of downtown!

nice hostel, however even tho you book a dorm you are still put in a individual room. apart from that no complaints

The roof patio is great. The staff is really great. The Lobby is too cold. The rest is average, a little too expensive though.

This is normally a university residence so is well set up to work as a hostel. The compact mini-flats have good kitchen and bathroom facilities. I also had great views from my 18th floor room! The downsides: rooms too warm, beds a bit uncomfortable, and lack of wifi in the rooms was a pain. Common area was very quiet and had a weird atmosphere. But this is overall a good place to stay close to the city center, and the bus station. Very secure too - one of most secure hostels I've stayed in.

The overall experience was very good. There was a heatwave when i was there and the room faced the sun. The room was very hot and difficult to sleep. The staff helped by giving a fan which was very generous.

• Cliac
  • South Africa

NW should provide, or maintain an adequate number of fans for guests who are assigned to rooms without an AC unit.

• 31st Jul 2015

Only reason why I have an average in cleanliness cause I saw dried gum on my comforter and brought it up during check out and nothing was done about it or not even a "sorry for the inconvenience"

• 31st Jul 2015

This location was very convenient to stay at, the staff was very friendly and I met a lot of nice people. Only thing I didn't like was there was no air conditioner and the small fan wasn't adequate for the hot room.

• Ecuador

no air conditioning,mattresses very bad,noise level unacceptable.fourth stay here but this was the first bad experience.I will never return there

• 29th Jul 2015

Great place to stay to explore Toronto!

• 27th Jul 2015