Neill-Wycik Summer Hostel Reviews

96 Gerrard Street East, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Great place to stay to explore Toronto!

• 27th Jul 2015

I don't recommend to stay here in summer l. there is no fan and air conditioner so it is too humid and hot to stay. I couldn't sleep during I stay here. but the staffs and breakfast are not bad. especially staffs are very friendly.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

I was disappointed with the fact the wifi is availabe in lobby or lounge area only The room was too small with no air condition Too hot to sleep.

The only good thing about this place is the location, other than that the places is terrible; not clean at all, dark, no activities, and the stuff seems like they dont like their jobs..

+ A personel room named "a dorm" is awesone! (Appartment with kitchen, living room, 2 bathrooms, 7-8 bedrooms) Everything is very clean. The roof top view is wow! - The check out time is really early (10:00). A secure baggage room would be appreciated (maybe lock it and send a staff with clients).

• 18th Jul 2015

I only stayed here one night but that was long enough. It seemed more like a place people come and stay long term than a hostel, it was a bit strange. There was not a lot of atmosphere and there was only wifi in the cafe and on the top floor of the building. On the plus side, the rooms were quite spacious and the soap, cup and towel on your bed when you arrive is a nice touch.

The white guy with a long hair and the Chinese guy are very helpful. They even recognize my name and call me by my name.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

We stayed during July which is there summer period and as a result our room was very hot all the time as the window was only able to be open a very small amount. There was not even a ceiling fan in the room to try and cool the room down a bit. For budget accomodation it would be much better if the rooms were cooled. On the upside staff were friendly helpful and knowledgable, the free breakfast was good and the place is only let down by the lack of cooling.

• 12th Jul 2015

Accept this is not a travelers' hostel, it is a bed in a room with all types of possible room mates and you'll have an ok stay. System requires giving you card details at check in even though you give them when booking through hostelworld. Staff are as motivated as you'd expect in a building as big as this. Breakfast is reasonable but stale. Just hope you've got ok room mates and don't intend to spend any time here and it's reasonable enough.

I wish you had bigger lockers and that you had access to Wifi from your room for free.

Rooms here should cost $5. So, first off, everything is dirty in this Hostel. The breakfast is small and terrible. Great location, terrible everything else. $6 to get wifi for a day (?!) Employees are unhelpful. (Entering my card information wrong, getting mad at me because it's not going through. ugh.) Obviously should have got a hotel room. I usually like to stay in hostels over hotels, to make friends with other travelers and for the fun of it. This place does not offer a similar experience.

• 27th Jun 2015

really good stay, there was breakfast every morning which was nice, my only issue with the breakfast was that if you are gluten intolerant you can't really eat much but despite that the food was still good, the location was perfect for where i needed to be and i barely needed to use the subway or any bussing which was great, they have washer/driers which was a life saver because it ended up raining. my only issue was they wanted me to show them a credit card but i dont carry one on me

• 26th Jun 2015

Something about this place makes me nostalgic. I think it might be the combination of linoleum and quilt covers from the 80s. This place is budget accommodation that covers your basic needs without raising prices to funnel funds into unnecessary renovations. It feels straightforward and simple.

Pretty decent hostel for a short vacation. What puzzled us was that the toilet doors have no locks? There were 2 toilets in a flat, one had a lock that did not work and the other didn't have a lock at all! Also, shower area is really tiny. We wonder how a big guy can fit in! The other inconvenience was that there is no WIFI in rooms, that is why I mentioned good only for short vacations.

Hello. Thank you for your comments. The washrooms do have locks - there is a button in the middle of the door handle that you press to lock the door.

I stayed in a single room. There was a shared kitchen...but no pots, pans, utensils etc, and so was impossible for someone travelling to actually use. The shower was filthy and wasn't cleaned the 2 nights I was there.

I really enjoyed the first week I stayed here. I was in a nice, clean apartment and liked it so much I booked another week and a half. I even talked with staff about staying for an extra month, that was how happy I was with it. And then yesterday I was moved to a new apartment which is FILTHY. I asked 3 times for the apartment to be cleaned over a 24 hour period. Finally on the morning of the 2nd day came to "clean". Was not properly cleaned, absolutely disgusting and unacceptable!

Great place for the what you pay for. Nice lounge on the 22nd and terrace on 23rd.

It is personal to stay in the room, in a high building. The common rooms have a good view.

• 22nd May 2015