Neill-Wycik Summer Hostel Reviews

96 Gerrard Street East, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

The staff were really helpful even though it was really busy, I appreciate that a lot! I also like that even the "shared" rooms have a lot of privacy in the individual dorms. The internet situation was really annoying because there were never any seats in the 2 rooms with free wifi. Also, the breakfast selection could be better. Overall I had a good time though :)

Pretty awful as you'd expect for the price.

I would not visit it again! Like a prison!

A nice, basic, economical place to stay in Toronto. I stayed in 4-bed dorm room, which was very clean and quite acceptable. Security to building, amenities, staff, etc are all very good. My ONLY complaint is that it can get hot in Toronto in the summertime, and there was no A/C and only one window in this dorm room. So it was quite hot and stuffy with no cross ventilation, which made for restless sleep. I would recommend to the facility that they at least provide portable fans in each room.

Decent place, looks like college dorms , the atmosphere is alright, breakfasts are pretty good. Other than that it wasn't clean enough in my opinion but overall a good hostel to stay at.

The staff/concierge were very friendly!

• 9th Jul 2014

A positive to this place is that it is only a 20 minute walk to the main shopping area. Around the immediate area of the hostel though there were some characters that Made me feel uncomfortable. As for the cleanliness on my last night I found a mouse in my room(I was in a private dorm), and the shared kitchen is grose. The only other upside is that breakfast is ok. Am going back to Toronto in a few days and will not be staying here.

Private room offered for hostel use was dark and filthy, with dated furnishings and paint. Backpacked 4 continents, sad to find home in Canada the dirtiest room/bathroom/hallway combo I've seen. - bed was half made. Make it, or leave me clean folded sheets. - sheets had many short and curly hairs :S - dust, dirt, stains, allover Loved the roof-top access, great view from my room, staff were helpful and friendly staff.

Hostel staff very helpful and kind. The most important is I can afford to pay for the room. thank you

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

more expensive than expected- $300 for 4 nights. we were on a budget and this was all we could find downtown- uncomfortable single beds, no soap not enough towels. we could have paid a little more and stayed in a nice hotel. The complimentary breakfast wasn't much either- we had to go buy another elsewhere. short staffed too so we waited a long time at the front desk for service. clean and livable for a night, but will try to stay somewhere else next time.

• 3rd Jul 2014

The bathroom was not clean. No A/C, it was way to hot. The bed was totally uncomftable and bedclothes were dirty. I will not recommend this hostel. We payed way to much that it wasn't this good!!!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Austria

It was not really clean. Not having air conditioning kid a big minus, especially as the tiny fans they provide are not up to the task.

stayed there for 3 nights during world pride (late June). The location is really central. its only a 5 minute walk to the gay village, and 10 minute walk to Dunas square (the main square in Toronto). The room itself was high up on the 16th floor, with excellent views of downtown! The room itself was very average. We stayed in a two bed room with shared bathroom. The bathrooms was in ok condition. The hallways were a little dirty. You get a free breakfast. Bit pricey at $40/bed. Would stay again.

Almost all hostels that I have been before offer free wifi also in rooms.

• 13th Jun 2014

The sheets were dirty. I had only booked for one night otherwise I would have had to move out as the facilities were really poor. This is not a hostel or hotel it is a university hall of residence that opens to the public during the holidays. The services and facilities reflect this.

Get wifi for all rooms by including it in the charge.

• 30th May 2014

It's a big hostel, but the logo is so difficult to be noticed. The lobby looks so nice, but the dorm taken poor facility (I lived in a single dorm), Everything in the dorm looks so clunky even old. It's not value for the price completely.

• 17th May 2014
  • China

It was decently priced. The staffs were friendly and helpful. I stayed in a female dorm room which have individual rooms for each person so you get your privacy. Sharing bathroom was not a problem. I can't say it's clean to the top notch yet if you are expecting to see a regular dorm room, then it would be perfectly fine.

• 17th May 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful which made my stay a little bit more bare able. However this hotel is not very clean or appealing to the eyes. I was very cautious not to walk around with out shoes on even in my room. In addition I did see a rodent wondering around in the common area. There is housekeeping but I'm not sure where their main focus is. Great staff but I would not stay here again

• 13th May 2014