Neill-Wycik Summer Hostel Reviews

96 Gerrard Street East, Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada

Rooms here should cost $5. So, first off, everything is dirty in this Hostel. The breakfast is small and terrible. Great location, terrible everything else. $6 to get wifi for a day (?!) Employees are unhelpful. (Entering my card information wrong, getting mad at me because it's not going through. ugh.) Obviously should have got a hotel room. I usually like to stay in hostels over hotels, to make friends with other travelers and for the fun of it. This place does not offer a similar experience.

• 27th Jun 2015

Something about this place makes me nostalgic. I think it might be the combination of linoleum and quilt covers from the 80s. This place is budget accommodation that covers your basic needs without raising prices to funnel funds into unnecessary renovations. It feels straightforward and simple.

I really enjoyed the first week I stayed here. I was in a nice, clean apartment and liked it so much I booked another week and a half. I even talked with staff about staying for an extra month, that was how happy I was with it. And then yesterday I was moved to a new apartment which is FILTHY. I asked 3 times for the apartment to be cleaned over a 24 hour period. Finally on the morning of the 2nd day came to "clean". Was not properly cleaned, absolutely disgusting and unacceptable!

Great place for the what you pay for. Nice lounge on the 22nd and terrace on 23rd.

It is personal to stay in the room, in a high building. The common rooms have a good view.

• 22nd May 2015