Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

Neptunes was such a lovely place, my favourite hostel that I've stayed in! The atmosphere was awesome, the location and services were great, and I felt totally safe and at home! The room was really clean and quiet and all the facilities were really great as well. Overall, LOVED it and will be recommending to everyone heading that way!

• 23rd Feb 2015

was all fine but to be considered as a "party hostel" at least during weekends. It is noisy even though it is in a quite cul de sac. One more surprise was to find out it is not possible to come back in after 3am at night... rooms were good and comfortable, toilets and kitchen not perfect.

• 20th Feb 2015

Very close to everything, and the rooms were a comfortable size. Having the ensuite was great, but the bathrooms do fog up really easily after a shower. The hostel only turns on the heat at night, which was frustrating, and meant that it was cold in the rooms during the day with no way to adjust the radiator. The staff at the desk were helpful for offering places to go and what to see in town and in the National Park.

Fantastic staff willing to help out and go the extra mile to make sure guests are informed and able to take full advantage of the city and surrounding area.

I was in a 8 beds dormroom but it was like i was in a 4 beds dormroom because there was a nice division in the middle of the room. It was cold at first but i asked the guy at reception and he fixed it really fast. The shower was cold and no pressure. The breakfast was ok : toasts, cereals, tea, coffee.

Thanks for a great stay!

Pros: price, location, friendly staff, and their breakfast Cons: Needs city maps, bathrooms smell a little moldy

Highly recommendable. Very helpful staff that would happily inform you about any questions you may have, like things to do and visit all around Kerry!

Sweet, peaceful, cosy hideaway with good customer service.

Stayed in a double room for one night in the new apartments in the building opposite the main building. The room was as good as a hotel room, except that the heating could have been better. Very nice bed. Excellent shower! Only problem was that it was a bit cold, possibly due to the building being newly opened at the time. Great location i the center of Killarney. And definitely good value for money

• 31st Jan 2015

Double bed rooms are great

Enjoyed this hostel very much... great stay! The staff were super friendly and helpful. Rooms and bathrooms also very clean!

• 29th Jan 2015

Great place to stay! Convenient location (though a little hard to find at first), friendly and helpful staff, and free simple breakfast included! Most of the pubs and restaurants we went to were suggested by the staff and they all were lovely. Only downside was the WiFi was only available on the first floor.

We had a great stay in Neptune's, the room was clean and comfortable along with a clean bathroom except the towels weren't the best. We had wifi in our room, which was great and the staff were very helpful. The location is perfect for viewing Killarney and the kitchen was very well stocked and clean. Neptune's is ideal for viewing Killarney, it's cheap and comfortable.

I had such a lovely time at this hostel! It's not the Ritz, but it's clean and perfectly serviceable. The price is more than right and the staff was amazing. They were friendly and helpful in every interaction that I had. I extended my stay by two nights once I discovered how awesome Killarney was! Thanks to everyone at Neptune's Hostel for making my stay fantastic, I will definitely be back!

Very old decoration. Courtains, furniture, walls...all was very old and sometimes broken. I had a shared room ensuite, the shower was broken in some parts. The bedroom was warm. Free parking near the Hostel, around 200 mtrs. Staff very kind. I think they need to renovate the style of the Hostel, it really need change some chairs, paint walls and give it a new look.

The staff were really nice and helpful. Location was really good. Had a small basic breakfast available which was nice. Only thing was the bed I stayed in was very worn out I felt the springs and the shower leaker all over the bathroom floor whilst in the shower. But overall okay place to stay, pretty chill.

Staff very helpful after issues with other people in my room and a very late check-in. After clean-up in room (unclean only due to other stayers) was of good standard. Very knowledgeable. Would stay again. Thanks for you assistance.

Neptune's is a lovely hostel, I can recommend to evryone without any hesitation. The staff is friendly and helpful at all times, and patient even with people like me who ask a lot. Everything's tidy there. They run their socks off for the well-being of their guests.

• 31st Dec 2014

Had a great stay. Clean and comfortable beds, friendly staff, and great location. My only "complaint" is that the wifi didn't work in the room. But the room is for sleeping anyway, right? So not any real problems. I'd recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6