Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

I had such a lovely time at this hostel! It's not the Ritz, but it's clean and perfectly serviceable. The price is more than right and the staff was amazing. They were friendly and helpful in every interaction that I had. I extended my stay by two nights once I discovered how awesome Killarney was! Thanks to everyone at Neptune's Hostel for making my stay fantastic, I will definitely be back!

• 18th Jan 2015

Very old decoration. Courtains, furniture, walls...all was very old and sometimes broken. I had a shared room ensuite, the shower was broken in some parts. The bedroom was warm. Free parking near the Hostel, around 200 mtrs. Staff very kind. I think they need to renovate the style of the Hostel, it really need change some chairs, paint walls and give it a new look.

The staff were really nice and helpful. Location was really good. Had a small basic breakfast available which was nice. Only thing was the bed I stayed in was very worn out I felt the springs and the shower leaker all over the bathroom floor whilst in the shower. But overall okay place to stay, pretty chill.

Staff very helpful after issues with other people in my room and a very late check-in. After clean-up in room (unclean only due to other stayers) was of good standard. Very knowledgeable. Would stay again. Thanks for you assistance.

Neptune's is a lovely hostel, I can recommend to evryone without any hesitation. The staff is friendly and helpful at all times, and patient even with people like me who ask a lot. Everything's tidy there. They run their socks off for the well-being of their guests.

• 31st Dec 2014

Had a great stay. Clean and comfortable beds, friendly staff, and great location. My only "complaint" is that the wifi didn't work in the room. But the room is for sleeping anyway, right? So not any real problems. I'd recommend.

Great hostel enough said :)

Our stay at Neptunes was great. We appreciated the private room. The location was good since it was in the center of Killarney but didn't have too much noise. Even though we asked so many dumb questions the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 17th Dec 2014

This was a great hostel except for two things. It was very cold and the bathroom was never dry. The living areas and the bedrooms were in a constant state of freezing. The sink sprayed water and for some reason water dripped from the ceiling all day. But it was very clean and very comfortable otherwise. Wi-Fi wasn't great but the breakfast was better than average. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Excellent receptionist, very friendly, upgrade room, big kitchen-dininfroom, wifi at rooms too

A great hostel in Killarney. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Also, a great kitchen, though they do need to clean out the refrigerators every once in a while.

We were attending the Hozier concert in the INEC and had forgotten to bring our tickets: the lovely lady behind the counter was very obliging and printed them out for us! The room was clean and the hostel itself was in a good location and quite secure. All in all, I was satisfied with the stay.

A great hostel, I appreciated the tips for the trail in Carrauntoohil

• 29th Nov 2014

Nice hostel, clean and friendly.

OK hostel , but i have reservations about long term guests being in tourist hostels , as people who are travelling and short stay generate a completely different kind of atmosphere to those who have made the place 'home' and I think long termers cause the vibe to become less spontaneous and less open ...

It's a good place in the city,in the center, enough closed from the station and enough far from the street ( so quiet). People who work there are very kind , and except for the sheets, it's very clean. I spend easely 7 nights.

10€/night and you get a Relaxed, cool accomodation, breakfast and the Chance to get to know Other freindly People. Placed in the Centre of Killarney, the Neptunes Hostel isn't far away from Pubs, Supermarkets etc. Best whishes :) Victoria

• 23rd Nov 2014

This hostel was quite nice. I went in low season so not a lot happening but it was a good break from Dublin chaos. Great location but the heater sometimes worked n ssometims didn't. The carpets in the rooms were quite stained n dirty n the beds were not the most comfortable. No activities at Neptunes but the staff r very helpful n friendly. You can't get any better location wise n with Neptunes u can book all 3 tours that are a must. Ring of Kerry, Gap of Dunloe n Dingle.

The hostel staff were extremely helpful!

• 17th Nov 2014

We stayed in the hostel's new building (right next to the old part) and the standard was excellent. It felt like a modern hotel, with spacious rooms, well designed, warm, and comfortable. Since it's the off season we only met one staff member, he was very helpful and made us feel right at home. The breakfast the next morning was a typical selection of tea, toast and jam, cereals etc. Overall, great place to stay and highly reccomended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7