Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

no in room lockers

The hostel was great. Homey atmosphere and full of energy. Clean accommodations and fully equipped kitchen for use. Breakfast available each morning. Lovely. Only two problems: no lockers for your bags, and ONE bathroom per floor of dormitories. Yuck.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in..very friendly and helpful staff, they let us store our luggage in the luggage room after we had checked out for the day while we explored the town. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast was good, and the atmosphere was really nice. It was also located a little off the main street, so it's in a central location but not super loud so you can actually sleep. The only (very small) downside was the Internet is not throughout the hostel.

Such lovely and helpful staff. Great location.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Very good value for money, friendly and helpful staff. The hostel is situated within a central and convenient location in the town.

• 26th Aug 2015

The hostel is located in a very good position. Bathrooms were cleaned and during the breakfast there was a member of the staff keep cleaning, however room's smell was terrible. Staffs member were welcoming and gentle, except for the blond girl checked us in. Wifi did not work properly at all, difficulties logging in and while logged in sometimes didn't work too.

Room (no 20) too hot and only a small window. Couldn't sleep as a result of this and being in the town was too noisy for me at night. Unfoturtunately although there wasn't anything wrong really I will have to book somewhere where I can sleep, even if it means paying more.

We stayed in a private double room with an ensuite in the new section of the hostel which was basically a four star hotel room but cheaper! Great location, staff were brilliant and the tours offered through the hostel were great. We did the Ring of Kerry and it was wonderful.

Great atmosphere, friendly service.

not only was the hostel a great place to stay, the staff was excellent as well. we needed to print out bus tickets but had no access to a printer and the staff allowed us to email the tickets to them and printed them out for us at no charge. very friendly people and such a great location.

• 20th Aug 2015

very good place, clean and nice people. secure enough to let whatever you want in your room (still depends no who is in your room!) great emplacement

Very good but à bit noisy sometimes.

• 19th Aug 2015

No wifi in the rooms and couldn't get on even in the lobby because so many people were on. Otherwise good hostel in a fun area and clean rooms

I had a very nice stay at this hostel! It was a little hard to find at first, but besides that its location was perfect, due to its centrality in the town. The breakfast was fairly good as well, maybe the only down side I would say is the fact that you couldn't regulate the temperature of the water in the shower (way too hot!!!!). I would definitely go back though!

The location is great - but the rooms and facilities were NOT clean. We had a private room, there was stains on the sheats, no windows (i.e. Horrible air circulation) and it smelled bad. I would not stay here again.

• 16th Aug 2015

Great location, but very few bathrooms and plug ins. Staff is cool, kitchen was busy but well stocked

Very friendly and helpful staff.The location is great,so close to all the bars and restaurants. The showers are a little weak but I guess in a hostel that gets everybody in and out as quickly as possible, and using less water. The room was spacious. However,maybe lacking a chair and table, even if it were small. On mentioning a shortage of plugs the staff promptly gave us some extension cords. Didn't use the other facilities at all but they seemed decent. The wifi was patchy. Nice lounge areas.

Great location & great staff! I had really good time at the hostel. Of course there always is something to improve: in the kitchen you need more _small_ pots and pans as it's not really nice to cook pasta for one person in a 5litre saucepan(or maybe I just need more friends to eat the pasta with me :D)...

Great location, very helpful staff and good atmosphere. I was less impressed with the room. I stayed in an 8 person dorm with an ensuite bathroom. Some of the bunks were cramped against the slanted roof (making them hard to get on and off of in the night), the bathroom faucets had mold in them and my morning shower was ice cold.

We were four Girls in a very very smal four Bedroom. It wasnt even enough space for all of our Bags. Though, we staight only one Night and it was ok back then. The Badroom on the floor was clean, but not really nice. It took five to ten minutes to get hot water and when it was finally getting hotter it was too hot. So you couldnt adjust the temperature. All over, I saw bedrooms through windows that looks quite nicer (With "metal" beds instead of old wooden ones).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7