Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

Great hostel. Especially enjoyed my power shower! Print outs of recommended hikes and cycling tours were a nice added extra touch - thank you! Amazing value for money.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at, without question. The staff was very kind and the security is organized without being too strict. My friend and I stayed in a private double room at a very low price and were very comfortable. A free towel for the shower was also a welcome amenity. If I am ever in the area again, I will definitely stay here.

Great little place, I love the central location, my friends and I shared a 3 bed private and it worked wonderful. Thank you!

NO HOT WATER FOR SHOWER !!!!!!! Critical issue !!!!!!!

• 14th Mar 2015

The free breakfast featuring Fruit and Fibre cereal was much appreciated and there was no shortage of cool people to talk to during meal times. The toilet in my dorm was leaking during my first night there, but they got a plumber to fix it. It still leaked a bit but they were very prompt about addressing the issue. The six-person dorm room only had two electrical sockets, which proved problematic when we all wanted to charge our gadgets at night.

Neptunes staff was accommodating, the rooms were clean, the location was great. I think the only improvements would be lockers under the beds and perhaps individual lights for the bunks! Love it though.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Not a bad word to say.

• 1st Mar 2015

Fantastic Hostel.Very high standard.Great location and great value for money..Will be back

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The only criticisms I have with this hostel is that on two occasions the vending machine in reception vended unsweetened dishwater rather than sweetened hot chocolate. This showed to me the machine was not being serviced properly and to my mind as it was a franchise should not be there. Also, there were no dedicated lockers and this fact removed ones ability to store or retrieve valuables conveniently. Otherwise it was excellent, so this was a pity.

Staff are really helpful and happy to help. Good vibes throughout the whole hostel. I highly recommend!

• 24th Feb 2015

Wonderful staff! Went above and beyond for our trip.

• 24th Feb 2015

Neptunes was such a lovely place, my favourite hostel that I've stayed in! The atmosphere was awesome, the location and services were great, and I felt totally safe and at home! The room was really clean and quiet and all the facilities were really great as well. Overall, LOVED it and will be recommending to everyone heading that way!

• 23rd Feb 2015

A little pricy but still OK.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Slovenia

I stayed at different hostels already. And Neptunes is not that good. My sheets were dirty and cleaning a bathroom shold take longer than 2 minutes (in my opinion!!). The WIFI at the reception didn`t work at all...and the staff wasn`t that great either...

was all fine but to be considered as a "party hostel" at least during weekends. It is noisy even though it is in a quite cul de sac. One more surprise was to find out it is not possible to come back in after 3am at night... rooms were good and comfortable, toilets and kitchen not perfect.

• 20th Feb 2015

The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the young man working the desk was very nice. He kindly set me up with a few girls who joined me on the Ring of Kerry drive and gave a great tips for where to eat and catch a soccer match. The atmosphere was lively and buzzing most of the time and always new people to meet hanging out.

Very close to everything, and the rooms were a comfortable size. Having the ensuite was great, but the bathrooms do fog up really easily after a shower. The hostel only turns on the heat at night, which was frustrating, and meant that it was cold in the rooms during the day with no way to adjust the radiator. The staff at the desk were helpful for offering places to go and what to see in town and in the National Park.

Fantastic staff willing to help out and go the extra mile to make sure guests are informed and able to take full advantage of the city and surrounding area.

I was in a 8 beds dormroom but it was like i was in a 4 beds dormroom because there was a nice division in the middle of the room. It was cold at first but i asked the guy at reception and he fixed it really fast. The shower was cold and no pressure. The breakfast was ok : toasts, cereals, tea, coffee.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5