Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

We stayed in a private double room with an ensuite in the new section of the hostel which was basically a four star hotel room but cheaper! Great location, staff were brilliant and the tours offered through the hostel were great. We did the Ring of Kerry and it was wonderful.

• 26th Aug 2015

Great atmosphere, friendly service.

not only was the hostel a great place to stay, the staff was excellent as well. we needed to print out bus tickets but had no access to a printer and the staff allowed us to email the tickets to them and printed them out for us at no charge. very friendly people and such a great location.

• 20th Aug 2015

Very good but à bit noisy sometimes.

• 19th Aug 2015

No wifi in the rooms and couldn't get on even in the lobby because so many people were on. Otherwise good hostel in a fun area and clean rooms

The location is great - but the rooms and facilities were NOT clean. We had a private room, there was stains on the sheats, no windows (i.e. Horrible air circulation) and it smelled bad. I would not stay here again.

• 16th Aug 2015

Great location, but very few bathrooms and plug ins. Staff is cool, kitchen was busy but well stocked

Very friendly and helpful staff.The location is great,so close to all the bars and restaurants. The showers are a little weak but I guess in a hostel that gets everybody in and out as quickly as possible, and using less water. The room was spacious. However,maybe lacking a chair and table, even if it were small. On mentioning a shortage of plugs the staff promptly gave us some extension cords. Didn't use the other facilities at all but they seemed decent. The wifi was patchy. Nice lounge areas.

Great location & great staff! I had really good time at the hostel. Of course there always is something to improve: in the kitchen you need more _small_ pots and pans as it's not really nice to cook pasta for one person in a 5litre saucepan(or maybe I just need more friends to eat the pasta with me :D)...

Great location, very helpful staff and good atmosphere. I was less impressed with the room. I stayed in an 8 person dorm with an ensuite bathroom. Some of the bunks were cramped against the slanted roof (making them hard to get on and off of in the night), the bathroom faucets had mold in them and my morning shower was ice cold.

We were four Girls in a very very smal four Bedroom. It wasnt even enough space for all of our Bags. Though, we staight only one Night and it was ok back then. The Badroom on the floor was clean, but not really nice. It took five to ten minutes to get hot water and when it was finally getting hotter it was too hot. So you couldnt adjust the temperature. All over, I saw bedrooms through windows that looks quite nicer (With "metal" beds instead of old wooden ones).

We loved everything but the shower wouldn't drain and our door broke, resulting in waiting an hour while staff reassembled the lock on our door! The bathroom looked so nice but I almost knew it was too good to be true! Loved the staff and everything else

• 12th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We stayed 2 nights and really liked the hostel. Staff is very friendly. Location is perfect. The room was comfy. Breakfast is cereal and toast, with coffee and tea, like most hostels. The price is fair. We cannot complain at all. The coffee in the vending machine is delicious; one never expects vending machine coffee to taste nice. Staff give plenty of info of what to do and where to go. If I go back to Killarney (which I intend to do) I will probably look to stay in the dame hostel.

Great place!! Quite big, but still a good atmosphere. Awesome chill room with couches and TONS of books. Friendly, cool and helpful staff. Really close to everything in town (even though it's tiny) and close to national park! Overall great experience.

The location and staff were great but the facilities could use some improvements. I stayed in a 6 person dorm and there were only two outlets, no personal lights. Also the wifi wasn't very reliable and would cut out intermittently. Many young kids randomly staying there, the atmosphere isn't the greatest for solo travelers. The bathrooms were awkward with the toilets being directly next to the showers. The beds were relatively comfy. Also the showers were scorching (only one temperature).

Without a doubt the best hostel in Kill Arnie, very accommodating for all ages, family-friendly and all-round with bicycle hire and tour offers. Make sure you don't miss out the GAP of DUNLOE hike/boat trip, that has been one of the most spectacular scenic hikes I have done in years! After a while it was hard to leave and the staff may know who is in the hostel and who isn't, as they are very good in remembering faces even with that many guests staying. Yes, I have found that out somehow! :-)

Great hostel in a really easy and central location in town. A really good stay with the exception of 2 things- - there was a school group or younger teen group of some sort stay at the hostel with us and they were very loud morning and night. Being 22, noise isn't usually an issue or something I really mind but this was a bit excessive. I guess you can't choose the other guests though and that is just something you get lucky on or not! - only 2 outlets in the room for 8. Difficult to charge.

A very noisy place, difficult to sleep. Crowded kitchen. Sheets were dirty and the room was tiny and it was impossible to open any window in order to let fresh air come in.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Spain

We arrived in our room, and it was moist and smelled bad. The window had a lock on it so it couldn't open more than a few centimeters. The bathrooms are shared with everyone and they were really dirty and messy. Also, everything that happened in the building, you could hear. A moving chair downstairs was hearable in our dorm on the 3rd floor. I've stayed in a lot of hostels but this one was absolutely the worst one. We booked for three nights, but we cancelled the 2nd and the 3rd night.

• 4th Aug 2015