Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

The hostel has the perfect location to go into the city or to the nationalpark. It's clean and you feel safe in it. I would definitly go there a second time!

There was no wifi in the room and in the main building was not working properly. The rest was perfect.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Good location and very helpful and friendly staff. Nice common area, only problem is that there were not enough toilets and showers for each floor, and the kitchen was too small for everyone.

As my stay was so brief it is difficult to give a realistic view......but what comes to mind is you super welcoming and helpful guys at the desk....John, Mike and a lass whose name I don't recall.Even calling thru to Sheila's hostel in Cork when my mobile was on the blink. The kitchen was x10 more organised than at Sheila's, and the 3 bed dorm v adequate with a window that opened. The sitting room looked very attractive ....and peaceful too! My one concern:DID THE LUGGAGE ROOM KEYS REACH YOU?

we had room in the new wing. beautiful building, everything new and clean! the staff were polite, helpful and friendly!

• 10th Aug 2014

This hostel is a good choice to spend little money, but it was no clean and the bathrooms were very small and dirty

We enjoyed our stay and would come again. Only the kitchen isw a little small for the big amount of guests but this really is not a big deal. Thank you!

Nice new room. Quality place.

• 7th Aug 2014

We were lucky enough to be one of the first guests in their new building (3 bed dorm). It was lovely inside with very comfortable beds, however there was no door in the shower so every time you shower water goes all over the bathroom (it isn't a wet room). Staff were great and there is a big kitchen and common room. Central Location.

Of all the hostels I stayed at in Ireland, this one was my least favorite. The wifi was so overloaded it didn't work (even in common areas), there was no wifi in rooms (common many places), and the dining area was filthy (tables, sinks, floors). The common area did not have enough comfortable seating. Tons of loud, under 18 guests. Things I liked here were that the rates were reasonable, and the front desk staff was very helpful. Also nice that parking was available down the street.

Great location for exploring Killarney. A basic breakfast is provided which is great. The WIFI is generally poor and many people had trouble logging on when I was trying. The staff were very helpful and friendly. A pretty good backpackers. Only really annoying thing was that our room did not have a window which made it stuffy. Overall though I would recommend staying here.

the location is in the city center, the crew is really nice, the room was new in the new building, big, clean and nice.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Israel
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Stayed in the new building. Rooms were nice, but the place had a really strong smell of the new varnish that was recently applied throughout the building! Bit dusty too... To be expected with the new building work being done I suppose. Great hostel, really great people and excellent location

a good stay and i have refered other travellers to them

• 30th Jul 2014

Excellent Hostel!!

There are few sockets our room. But good atmosphere and good location.

The hostel is very central in the town center of Killarney. The rooms are clean and practical. The double rooms are located in the neighboring building. For 6 double rooms, there are 2 bathrooms and toilets. Very good! The staff were very nice. Right now is a construction site in front of the house. Did not disturb us. I can recommend this hostel.

The room was like in a jail.A smal room only one bunk bed and nothing else.Only one dirty bathroom for all rooms. Very horrible.We didnt stay at this hostel.we spend the night in another Bed&Breakfast.

Spent three nights here. Room had a weird smell and matrasses were dirty. They claim all rooms are ensuite, this is not true. There are main bathrooms/toilets in the hallway. WiFi only worked downstairs. Staff was really nice and common room was cosy.

Really nice hostel with even better staff

• 22nd Jul 2014