Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

Part of furniture in the common room is up for renewal

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

My brother who works at Coach Station in Galway booked my bed in this hostel. I was really happy with the location, Customer services and the staff were amazing. Really nice place to stay and I had really good time in Killarney. A bigggggggggg thanks to all the staff of Neptunes Town Hostel.

Awesome hostel! People at reception are so friendly and helpful. I stayed in one of their newer rooms and it was beautiful. Clean, modern and spacious with comfortable beds. The bathroom was amazing as well. Great location, close to everything in town. Only thing is there were no lockers in the room, but I never felt worried about my things being stolen. One of my best hostel experiences so far! Would definitely recommend!

Great location, super nice staff, very secure and comfortable. Thank you and we will return.

• 24th Jun 2015

We booked a double with shared bathroom but were upgraded to a double en-suite. The part of the building we were in was new and we were happy with our room. Sometimes we could hear doors being banged at night or people talking outside but usually it stopped by midnight. The kitchen was decent, although when we were there, there was only one oven and the door wouldn't close. The only thing that really bothered us was the heavy duvet, it was summer and way too hot, also there was no top sheet!

This hostel was pretty average! The location was perfect, and it was inexpensive for the two nights we stayed. However, the Internet was bad, and there were no lockers in the rooms. The room we stayed in also only had one plug outlet which was pretty annoying as well. The water pressure in the showers was non-existent. I believe it's the only hostel really in Killarney so there isn't much choice. For sleeping, it's definitely an okay place.

Good location, but missing some key features. There was one plug for a room of 8 people. Also no personal lights for the beds and no lockers in the rooms. And the wifi was horrible and could only be accessed from one room. On a positive note, the kitchen was big and the breakfast was decent. I also liked their Eco-friendly initiatives.

Really enjoyed my stay here, the staff was excellent and the location was ideal! When I'm back in Killarney I will definitely stay here again! Thank you!

Neptune's Hostel was a bit dirty and the free breakfast was just bread. It was in a good location and was nice to have an en suite bathroom, but I wouldn't stay there again.

Not very clean, only one working plug in a room for 6, needs updating.

Stayed here in June 2015 and had a good . Staff so welcoming and lovely relaxed atmosphere. Great thetou . Would definitely stay here again.

• 19th Jun 2015

The new rooms are awesome and clean! I will definitely come again to this hostel.

Big skylight windows without blinds in all private rooms makes sleeping well difficult but excellent hostel apart from that .

You should go just for the absolutely lovely guy at reception in the evenings!

The breakfast was very simple with just bread and jam or butter and for drink there was coffee or tea, no chocolate. They could improve a little bit this meal.

The receptionists were AMAZING!! Most helpful receptionists I have ever encountered. Had to look to find any faults with this hostel, the beds were a little hard and no lockers in rooms.

Very good hoatel, great localization neat city center and good restaurants

The hostel was wonderful. Look for a sign on New Street and the actual building is a bit in the back. The new set of rooms is absolutely lovely and my suite bathroom had a a rainfall shower head. Only complaints would include: shower needs a place to hold toiletry items, the door into building didn't shut well or lock and the door to the room didn't unlock well; and the wifi needs to be able to hold more visitors. Twice I wasn't able to join.

This place is brilliant. The shower in our suite H21 (sleeps 3) was always as warm as we wanted. Directions from staff. The only tricky bit was no WiFi in our room (which is understandable)

Perfect location, staff was always really helpful.

• 9th Jun 2015