Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

The water in shower was cold... s really bad in winter. For the rest that was perfect. I love the sitting room

Very good stay in this hostel where you can meet people and enjoy the big kitchen. But rooms are very minimalist and due to all the people staying there it is very hard to get hot water. Which is a massive drawback.

• 4th Feb 2016

Excellent! Keep up the good work!

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Croatia

There was a large group when I was here and the hostel did an amazing job keeping the place clean. Everyone was so helpful with suggesting ideas on what to do do in the national park. They also have a great book at the desk with a list of hikes and discriptions. The showers took a bit to warm up but they did have the ability to give you a hot shower.

I was very happy with our stay! Just what we needed, a safe and warm place to sleep! we stayed in a private room with an ensuite and were very satisfied with our accommodations. The only issue we had was that there was only one plug in the entire room so we had to be smart about charging phones etc.

It is really close to the park entrace and had hot showers, but it was very cold at times and the wifi was not great.

Very nice hostel and great location. One issue that we had with our stay was the shower was clogged which resulted in the basin filling with water when you took a shower.

We had a private room with an ensuite which was lovely, clean and very good value for money. However, the room was absolutely freezing. We asked for the heating to be turned on twice but it was still never warm in the room. Other than that we had no issues with the place.

• 31st Dec 2015

We stayed in H3 a beautifully spacious room. My only recommendation would be to supply an extra blanket.

• 31st Dec 2015

Staff were lovely location good but the room was freezing we were in the bed took to go to sleep due to cold were in a and they were frozen said it to staff said on timer they said they boost it but made no spoke to staff again next day and they said look into it cold made stay miserable

• 31st Dec 2015

Very pleased with my stay at Neptune's. The accommodations were excellent and the staff was very friendly and had so many resources to help me out on my stay.

The reception is awesome. Weakness is the space of six female dorm room en suit is too small. For six big suit case or backpack, there is not enough storage space. Also the bathroom inside the room is quite small.

It is an amazing hostel, we stayed in delux private. It is well worth the money, Staff were lovely and friendly, could not do enough for us. So enjoyed our stay. Thank you. M.

• 15th Dec 2015

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Period. The facilities and cleanliness was good, not amazing. But the staff was off the hook! Mike is the man and was incredibly helpful. Every staff member I interacted with went far beyond their normal duties to help my group out. Super rad people. If you're going to Killarney, don't think twice about this place. They know the town, make great suggestions, and will help in any area you need. Huge thanks to Neptunes Staff!!

Very well located. Parking around is difficult but doable, for a price. Staff was kind enough and rooms are big (at least, the private ones). However, isolation on top floor is weak. When heating turns off it takes half an hour to be literally cold.

it was our second night at the Neptune, the first one was perfect (except the double bed which was really damaged), but during the second night I couldn't sleep thanks to Iris drunk guys shouting and drinking at the reception desk from 1.30 to 4.30. I had to tell them to be quiet, the smell of alcohol was horrible and they looked at me as if I were some kind of alien. So could you tell the night receptionist to be careful about the noise after midnight, thank you !!

• 21st Nov 2015

Honestly the best hostel in Galway. I Stayed at others but this one was simply the best. Not only is the location and facilities & staff amazing, the people and atmosphere are the best. The staff is so helpful. They're so friendly and make sure everyday everybody is happy & satisfied.

• 20th Nov 2015

Not enough power points in the room. Staff know the town and can direct you where you want to go

I have to say that it was well worth staying there. We had a private room with a set of bunkbeds and a double bed plus our own bathroom/shower. The price was more than reasonable for the two days we were there......great for sleeping and relaxing, also the staff was excellent. The WiFi is a little sketchy at times in the bedrooms, but it was great in the common areas. I would highly recommend staying here

• 17th Nov 2015