Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

Lovely staff. Very friendly and helpful. Efficient processes made check in straightforward

• 24th Apr 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. Also very knowledgeable about the area.

We stayed in a double room, but it had a huge skylight with no curtains. Not fun at 6:30am on a spring/summer morning! When we asked to change to another room, we were informed that all non en-suite double rooms had no curtains! The only option would be to upgrade our room for €10 more a night to get an en-suite equipped with curtains. Surely curtains are relatively inexpensive? Other than that it was a nice hostel. It was in a good location and had a good breakfast and common room.

great place, all round value

• 18th Apr 2015

Pretty standard hostel - nothing bad to say about it. Location was excellent and kitchen was large (albeit not the cleanest we stayed in). Breakfast was standard (tea/coffee, toast, cereal) and the room was quiet with lots of bathrooms on the floor.

Very good experience here. Staff were friendly and helpful. Super close to tour locations, the park, shopping and restaurants.

Nice hostel close to centre of Killarney. Really helpful staff, laid back and stress free!

A great place to stay and explore Killarney and the surrounding area. The staff are extremely nice and helpful, and will give you all the local advice you need to enjoy your stay. Good facilities, nice common space and kitchen, and free breakfast. Highly recommended.

very simple but very accommodating hostel. Great location right near the Main Street and across from a tesco. The rooms were perfect in terms of size, warmth and noise level for what we wanted. Standard free breakfast. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Unfortunately there were no lockers in our room. Bit of an inconvenience as I had to carry my valuables around with me when I left the hostel (passport, iPad etc). Highly recommend this hostel!

I stayed in a bedroom with 8 beds, and it didn't have a locker to put our bags!

• 9th Apr 2015

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The location is perfect and there is a nice and cosy lounge that reminded me of a living room. The breakfast room was small, so some guests had to eat in the lounge. You should never leave the hostel at night without a mobile phone, because it could happen that the door code doesn't work, which actually happened to me. I had to call the hostel and the staff opened immediately and apologized. I wonder what I should have done without my mobile phone...

I got there late at night and had trouble getting into my room. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. I was given a new key and accompanied to my room to make sure I was able to get in. Very nice location and not too loud at night.

We stayed in a double bed room. The bed linen weren't clean, there were hair. Showers and toilets were clean.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Drunk people coming in from 2-5am running around and smashing things made it difficult to get sleep. Woke up very tried. Breakfast was subpar.

Bad Wifi connection Small kitchen

• 1st Apr 2015

Thekitchen wasn't very clean. Most of the tables were dirty. They turned off the heater too early and it was very cold inside the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Great hostel! Only whine is the lack of clean tea towels to dry dishes :)

found everything good for what we needed,handy location in town center,close to tesco ,room simple but effective and clean. Reception informative and friendly

• 27th Mar 2015

Great hostel. Especially enjoyed my power shower! Print outs of recommended hikes and cycling tours were a nice added extra touch - thank you! Amazing value for money.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at, without question. The staff was very kind and the security is organized without being too strict. My friend and I stayed in a private double room at a very low price and were very comfortable. A free towel for the shower was also a welcome amenity. If I am ever in the area again, I will definitely stay here.