Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

I found this place to be awesome. I stayed in a different hostel every night I was in Ireland (2 weeks), and the staff at Neptune's was by far the nicest and coolest. The room was great for the value. Also, you can't beat being in the center of the city. Something about the place, and the city of Killarney radiated good vibes. Pretty quiet too.

The hostel is very good located and the staff very kind and helpful. We stayed in a double bed with a private bathroom and it was not very big but perfect for us: clean and with windows.

Terribly oisy during the night I spent in the room situated street side, but I guess this is like this in any hostel, people banging doors and yelling all night...otherwise very nice staff!

Not recommended: big and tends to be loud, and feels shabby and dark. *The front desk staff were fantastic, every one!* The only lock to get to your room is the one on your door, and that didn't feel very tight. Things smelled clean but felt dirty, and the sheets were so worn out they were translucent and pilled up. Things were quiet at night but the construction is RIGHT there: bring earplugs! My room was right over the entrance and the giant safety light and noise and smoke came right in.

The Neptune is in a great location, and the staff were extremely helpful and guest oriented.

Cute and cozy hostel in a great location to pubs and restaurants and the national park, but unfortunate;y there was construction going on right outside the hostel starting very early in the morning every day except Sunday, and as such the outdoor cafe tables pictured on the hostelworld site were gone. Hopefully this will not be going on for long. Bummer it had to be going on while we were there.

Very helpful and nice staff. Very good value for money, excellent location!

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the Location in Killarney Centre is excellent, good value for Money.

Very nice and clean. The staff helps organize tours of the ring of kerry and dingle. It would be nice if the wifi reached further than just the lobby and kitchen, didn't even reach the common room. Also lockers in the room would've been helpful

The construction is really a pain in the butt...But I know you can't do anything about it...

Friendly staff. Would definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• 1st Jun 2014

very easy with a bike and safe( motorcycle)

• 31st May 2014

Felt that the infrastructure on the 2nd floor was not ideal. There were only 2 plugs for a 6 bed dorm, and there was only one sink in the washroom

The hostel was well keep and the staff were very helpful. we had a group of 14 men all in their 40's & 50's and all had large motorcycle's with them . The big thing for us as group was some were to put the motorbikes and the Hostel had off street parking for the motorbikes and storage for all the bike gear we had with us.

• 31st May 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

We really enjoyed our stay at Neptune's town Hostel...Especially the kitchen was great! Thank you!

My wife and I stayed a week and didnt have any problems at all. The staff were friendly, helpful and honest and treat you with the same respect you show them. We totally enjoyed our stay and would gladly come back again.

• 29th May 2014

Very helpful staff and good information on what to do around Killarney.

Awesome hostel! One of the best I stayed at. Killarney is a really great town to spend some time in, and we were having some trouble figuring out what we wanted to do because there is quite a bit of options here. This hostel and their staff told us everything we needed to know and answered every single one of our questions, letting us know what activities were the best in their opinion and all of the options we had. We ended up doing a boat and bike tour, I would recommend. Recommended!!!!!

The pillows were rather flat and the beds rather firm and the duvet was rather thin and felt really worn. The whole hostel has a semi-rundown feel, definitely a place to bring shower shoes around. The shower pressure was like a light sprinkle and there was not enough ventilation in the bathroom. The gas hobs we could use had to be lit with a match after the gas is turned on.

Had we known there would be no wifi in the rooms, we would not have booked here. The construction going on right outside of our window started around 5 am, making it impossible to sleep in to a decent hour. We were told the parking was a 2 min walk away when we e-mailed months ago; it was instead a 10 min walk. The lady that checked us in the first night, however, was so nice and hospitable. I told her my boyfriend was sick and she provided tea and hot chocolate and anything we needed.