Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

Excellent location. Very friendly staff. Good installations, the bed was great. Very clean and quiet.

We got a free upgrade to a room with bathroom included. It was quiet and the staff was very friendly. We would stay there again. It is in the centre of killarney and there are possibilities for free car parking near the hostel.

My room was a en-suite dorm with 6 beds. The room looks very trendy, new and clean. The beds could have been more comfortable, pretty hard. But the bathroom made up easily for it: it was way better than in any hotel that I stayed so far. The kitchen however could use some work, quite old but clean, which is the main thing. The breakfast an average continental breakfast. Friendly and helpful stuff. Neptunes is definitely a great deal. I will surely stay here again.

Great stay! A very nice place)

It was exactly what we paid for clean and easy access . Staff v nice . Would stay there again for 22 euro we were v happy.

• 26th Oct 2014

The ventilation in the bathroom is very noisy, it's very hard to fall asleep with it, I find it strange that it couldn't be turned off. Also, the heating should be checked cause it didn't work and we need to use additional duvets to sleep.

The Hostel was very good, directly in town, te staff was very friendly and helpful! The breakfast was a bit poor but evrything was clean! Also for youth groups very good! If i go to Killarney again, i will only visit this hostel!

• 25th Oct 2014

Our room was exactly what we needed. It was a great quality, our bathroom was superb, the bed was comfortable, perfect location and overall just a great stay.

• 24th Oct 2014

The host was very nice and welcoming. The kitchen was not so good. Killarney is a popular place; Neptunes is very busy; so the kitchen was not so clean as it is busy. The freshly ground coffee was very nice!

Mike and Peter were great! We got upgraded to a private room suite at no extra charge. The tourism office was always closed so they were also very helpful with directions and tours. The hostel is very clean and the beds comfortable. They also have free blankets and breakfast. I wish we could have stayed longer. We will definitely be back to stay at this hostel!

Good hostel, would definitely stay here again. Also Neptunes has partnerships with other hostels in ireland where they can get you a discount! I took advantage of that :) when I stayed in Galway. The staff were decently friendly - there could be more of a community culture, that's the only improvement I suggest.

Such a lovely, good atmosphere hostel right in the heart of killarney town.

• 18th Oct 2014

Best hostel in Ireland!

• 15th Oct 2014

Although near the main roads, I did not like this hostel. No lockers in the room, front door always open, WiFi only worked in the kitchen/front room, only one outlet in the bedroom to share with everyone, freezing cold, no shelves in the shower, shower stalls right beside toilets so the water ends up running by your feet. I'm a reasonable person and have stayed at various hostels, but it was just too much. The staff were nice but didn't offer a map or any advice on arrival.

Really incredible for a single room, felt like I was in a hotel. Good staff and awesome location. Will definitely stay again!!!

The location of the hostel was fantastic because it was right in town. We upgraded to a private room in the just built portion of the hostel so it was very clean and new. Breakfast was fine. Free wi-fi and a nice common area with couches and tables. The staff were friendly and helpful and laid back. Overall, it was a great place.

Neptunes' was excellent. The one challenge was messy room mates

thanks mike, for all the grand tips and the warm welcome. you do a great job!

Everyone is super friendly! The bedding did have a hole in the comforter, but it was clean.

If you get the new wing than this place is closer to a very nice hotel than a hostel.