Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

Comfy bed, could do with refurb, but dated. Need more bathroom, showers etc and wifi slow and not available throughout the hostel on even the common areas...

Really need to invest in some new pillows & cases - slats missing off the bunk room we stayed in so upper bunk dipped at the end. The hostel was conviently located and equiped just in need of some investment as very tired. We weren't allowed to collect the keys or pay for our whole party when we arrived even though we had private rooms which made it a bit of a pain.

Good place to stay to visit the national park as well as Killarney.

Very nice place. Can be hard to find sockets, but other than that a great stay! Close to everything.

The bathrooms weren't that clean and the facilities were old and often broken. It was an okay place to stay for a couple of nights.

No WiFi in double bedroom

There were no wifi facility at rooms.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • India

facility update needed.

very friendly and helpful staff, prime location, nice and quiet room, poor breakfast

Pros - great location, very helpful and accommodating staff cons - feels a bit run down. no lockers. as it is so big, it can get very noisy (I had a rowdy group of teenagers on a class trip on my floor that kept everyone awake)

Didn't have a great time here as some people in the room had a party and were very noisy and rude.

Our room was in the new part of the hostel and the room was the biggest and best room i have ever stayed in a hostel anywhere.

The location was great--10 mins walk from the Killarney train and bus stations, 15 mins walk from the National Park. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel had a separate lounge, a relatively quiet space for people who wanted to read. The downside was that the window glass was thin and it was impossible to sleep when people were talking outside, which was the case almost every night during my stay. The ventilation of the ensuit was poor so the room often got really stuffy.

Excellent place! Everything about it was perfect, except the WiFi which only worked in some places in the hostel.

I had never stayed at a hostel before Neptunes so I wasn't sure what to expect. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Everything seems pretty clean and homey. Location is great for sure. Definitely no complaints. I would definitely recommend Neptunes to a friend!

• 10th Jul 2015

The woman working the desk, I don't know her name I'm sorry, a petite woman with brown hair- she was infinitely helpful. Every time I came down from my room she was running around bending over backwards to help every person staying with the hostel. She helped us find the city link stop and was helpful recommending ways to travel between cities during our stay in Ireland. We also really enjoyed that games were available. Lots of fun. So professional.

The room I stayed in was so lovely more like a hotel than a hostel! Bed mattresses felt hard but I'm just picky when it comes to that but still had a lovely sleep. Everything else was top notch :)

• 5th Jul 2015

A great hoste right in the centre of town. i don't know why people would pay enormous prices for hotels in Killarney rather than just stay here. staff were very helpful and accommodating. we were there for the ROK cycle and everything from complimentary breakfast, bike storage, phone charging to bag storage they had it all covered. well done Neptunes. well done.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Cold shower!! and not enough fresh air in eight bed dorm. Had to put shoe in door to hold open. Others in room seemed to be happy that I opened the door but otherwise excellent.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great Hostel, great location. Stayed in deluxe room in new section and it was so clean and functional. Shower was lovely and towels, sheets provided were really clean also. Will definitely recommend to others.