Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

Location of this hostel is the best thing about it. Our room didnt have a window and was very stuffy. Bathrooms were clean but there was a bit of mold (no windows in bathrooms either). Staff are friendly. Doors are swipe key accessible but everytime we came home the front door wasnt shut properly anyway. Wifi only works in reception area. Breakfast is only cornflakes and toast. If you want a simple no frills place to sleep at night in a great location this is a good choice. Staff are great.

• 13th Jul 2014

Nice hostel with friendly people and a very great staff. Was one of the highlights of Kilarney for us

Our room was quite noisy and the mattress was very hard. We didn't really have a good night's sleep unfortunately. Good thing is that you can check in late and the staff is nice.

Only one night stay in a 8 bed dorm. Good location but very noisy, constuction noise from 7:30 am, you can hear everything at night, people talking outside or in the hallways. Bathroom smells like urine. Lockers inside the room could be useful. Some fruit for breakfast would be nice for healthier food options.

Very friendly and helpful staff and a great location inside a lovely town. Bus drivers will pick you up in front of the hostel for the Ring of Kerry and other bustours, which is great. Hostel was clean. Would be nice if there was wifi outside of the kitchen and reception area in the future. Anyway, would definately stay here again!

Everything was great, the staff was really friendly and helpful as well, they had tons of recommendations for things to do around town. The rooms were pretty small, but everything was kept clean and nice. The location is awesome, right in the center of town and easy to find. The building itself is pretty cool as well, they have a sitting area in front where you can get wifi, but also a lounge-type room that is nice to hang out in a catch up with fellow travelers .

It is not easy to have a good internet connection

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was great was a good hostel to go to. Only problem was a huge group so had to wait ages before we could use the kitchen. Cooking equipment wasnt the best maybe a few new frying pans. But would deffiently stay again.

The Hostel is in great location to the Killarney town centre and access to the Ring of Kerry. All facilities were clean and the staff were helpful with any queries. The rooms were spacious enough and the free simple breakfast was good too. The only downside was that the wifi only connected on the ground floor so you could not have internet in your room. However, overall I would recommend this place to stay in Killarney and would return there again myself.

My stay was bad, but not because of the hostel itself. There was a freight train of a snorer in my dorm and I could not sleep, despite ear plugs, despite earbuds w/ music. And, I was to cycle 112 miles around the Ring of Kerry the next morning. The night desk manager let me sleep in the tv lounge on a couch (that was actually more comfortable than the bunk beds), allowing me 4 hours total sleep. I was grateful I could sleep. They kindly upgraded me to a private room for free the next night.

Neptunes Hostel is the place to stay in Kilarney. The Eco-Conscious vibe is fantastic, the staff is beyond excellent, and the facilities are kept in great condition. The wifi is a bit spotty throughout the hostel, but that's a minor complaint. Superior staff, perfect location, comfy place. Highly recommend.

The staff was great and very helpful in making arrangements to the Kerry airport on a Sunday morning when there would be no public transportation, and they also saved me a little money in the process. The hostel was nice and very close to the national park which provided some beautiful views for my short stay, and was very close to some very comfortable pubs.

Amazing staff! A bit too tiny rooms.

Wonderful hostel! Very clean, good amenities, and helpful staff. Would stay again!

• 26th Jun 2014

The man who was at the check in was very helpful and recommended some very good places to eat. He was kind and in good humor even though it was busy and he had several other people looking for his attention. The only down side was there was no official parking area, but the man at the desk was again very helpful and told us we could park in a lot next to a church down the road, there was a sign that said no overnight parking but he assured us there would be no problem and he was right.

I found this place to be awesome. I stayed in a different hostel every night I was in Ireland (2 weeks), and the staff at Neptune's was by far the nicest and coolest. The room was great for the value. Also, you can't beat being in the center of the city. Something about the place, and the city of Killarney radiated good vibes. Pretty quiet too.

The hostel is very good located and the staff very kind and helpful. We stayed in a double bed with a private bathroom and it was not very big but perfect for us: clean and with windows.

Terribly oisy during the night I spent in the room situated street side, but I guess this is like this in any hostel, people banging doors and yelling all night...otherwise very nice staff!

Not recommended: big and tends to be loud, and feels shabby and dark. *The front desk staff were fantastic, every one!* The only lock to get to your room is the one on your door, and that didn't feel very tight. Things smelled clean but felt dirty, and the sheets were so worn out they were translucent and pilled up. Things were quiet at night but the construction is RIGHT there: bring earplugs! My room was right over the entrance and the giant safety light and noise and smoke came right in.

The Neptune is in a great location, and the staff were extremely helpful and guest oriented.