Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at, and it was a very welcoming experience into the backpacking world. I appreciated the recommendations and directions the staff provided to my friends and I! Also, Mary from the bike rental was very sweet and helpful! A great recommendation to make our trip that much better!

There is construction directly outside of the hostel, which starts fairly early in the morning and is impossible to sleep through. The kitchen has recycling and composting options. Also, the staff was very helpful.

Somehow this hostel is ranked 5th in Ireland?! I have no idea how. I have stayed in quite a few hostels in Ireland over the years and this one isn't even in the top 10. The staff was not personable and had no concept of customer service. I had 3 people walk up after me and get helped before me, unacceptable. The walls were so thin we could hear our neighbors 3 doors down. We immediately found new accommodations before sleeping there even 1 night, though we had to stay 2 nights due to policy.

• 23rd May 2014

No luggage lockers in rooms and wifi only works downstairs in common areas. Other than that this place was great everything you need. The stuff was super helpful too!

Peter (I think he owns the place, or just runs it) was so helpful! Neptune's provided to be an excellent resource for hiking routes, cycling, and walks. Best time I had in Ireland!

• 23rd May 2014

Great hostel with fun and nice staff. Good location, easy to go and explore the national park etc. I liked the strong beds where you can move without making horrible noise!

Neptunes Town Hostel was great! It was pretty quiet so we got a great night's sleep. The front desk staff were friendly, and very helpful. The location was ideal for exploring the National Park nearby. This hostel was actually a better value than one of the hotels we stayed at a few nights later.

• 21st May 2014

Very nice hostel.nice staff, large kitchen and common area.basic breakfast.car parking is 10 min walk away.would stay again.

This hostel had an excellent location and the staff were amazing. The only downside is that the wifi was pretty useless during my stay.

The staff was super friendly, felt safe, they're building another building so adding more rooms so the construction was a little inconvenient but necessary and understandable. Look forward to seeing it when that's finished. Lovely place...Will stay again! :-)

• 18th May 2014

There was two computers with Internet, but it is the slowest Internet I have ever tried, so there was somethings that I was not able to see. Except that I really liked the hostel, and if I have my own smartphone or computer with me, I would stay there again :)

• 17th May 2014
  • Denmark

The hostel has friendly staff and a warm environment. However, my room has stain of chewing gum on the carpet, and the carpet is smelly. The bed sheets and table cloth in the dining room gets stains as well. The kitchen sewage from the sink is connected by pipe just to the nearest drainage pit instead of directly away, causing sewage remained at the cap of drainage pit which could be improved. Nevertheless, the bathroom is tidy and clean. The stay would be perfect if the hygiene can be enhanced.

Very nice hostel! Clean bathrooms, nice kitchen, friendly staff and very good location! Would definitely stay again!

Could not fault this place, excellent location, facilities and value for money.

• 10th May 2014

The atmosphere at this hostel was great and I talked with all of the people who stayed in my room. The facilities weren't the cleanest, the one sink on the hall would not drain. Other than that though, the rooms were clean and nice for a hostel.

Pros: The staff at Neptunes were informative, fun, and friendly. They helped us pick a tour of Killarney that was weather appropriate, inexpensive, and turned out to be amazing. The hostel is centrally located, but not that close to the bus stop. Cons: The WiFi was horribly inconsistent and we couldn't get it in our room at all. The bathrooms were worse than dorm bathrooms and the showers didn't have a temperature setting. The breakfast was nothing but toast and one choice of cereal.

Wide sharing room and a very clean bathroom

Very nice hostel - great location in the center of the city and close to Killarney National Park. Staff is amazing and gave great tipps for excursions. Clean rooms and facilities, kitchen was great.

Helpfull staff, clean & nice hostel in the very center of the town. highly recommend

Friendly staff but appalling condition in private room. The floor had sticky stuff beside bed. The sink had mould, as did the walls of the main room. Shower sprays in all directions and with no mat the water is trailed throughout the rooms. Floors were not clean. Bed was worst hostel bed ever, thin and uncomfortable, mattress is too small for the bed frame. Pillows coarse. Dirty towels given (full of other people's hair!) Grateful for the loan of a baby's cot but very wary that cot was clean.

• 5th May 2014