Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

Really nice hostel with even better staff

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

This hostel needs to let the doors open passed 3am...we are young, we party, we do not want to be locked out of the hostel at 3am...

• 21st Jul 2014

Very noisy during the weekend, even at 3am. We would recommend it for youth but not for people looking for calm break. But overall clean and very nice staff.

The location of the hostel was excellent and the staff were very nice and helpful. The kitchen had good facilities and the hostel felt very safe. The 8 bed dorm I was in very small and very cramped however I did notice that other the 8 beds rooms on our floor were much bigger. The was only two men's showers for the whole floor. The beds very very comfortable.

lovely place and lovely town super stay

Staf was great, helpfull and very friendly! Location is super and the rooms were very clean. Would stay here again if we got the chance.

Although the rooms were fairly clean, I can't say that about the bathrooms. They were really dirty, the showers didn't have any shelves to put your things on and after a few people showered, water was everywhere in the bathroom. Also, there are only two showers and two toilets for the whole floor.

Was disappointed mostly due to the construction, did not like the 8am wakeup call of construction noise.

• 15th Jul 2014

Staff is AWESOME! No internet in the rooms, but my guess is that you didn't go to Ireland to sit in your room all day.....right? It is awesome there. Very helpful staff, large kitchen. Right in the middle of town, but it is quiet so that you can sleep at night if need be.

The reception staff was excellent but the rest was a mess. Stayed in a private room, which was filthy and had a bad smell. The madrasses had yellow stains and the bedlinnen was filthy aswell. The kitchen was messy and saw the kitchenstaff licking at the porceline(!?!?) and then put it back in kitchen shelf. Wouldn't recomend this place to anyone.

Location of this hostel is the best thing about it. Our room didnt have a window and was very stuffy. Bathrooms were clean but there was a bit of mold (no windows in bathrooms either). Staff are friendly. Doors are swipe key accessible but everytime we came home the front door wasnt shut properly anyway. Wifi only works in reception area. Breakfast is only cornflakes and toast. If you want a simple no frills place to sleep at night in a great location this is a good choice. Staff are great.

• 13th Jul 2014

Nice hostel with friendly people and a very great staff. Was one of the highlights of Kilarney for us

Our room was quite noisy and the mattress was very hard. We didn't really have a good night's sleep unfortunately. Good thing is that you can check in late and the staff is nice.

Only one night stay in a 8 bed dorm. Good location but very noisy, constuction noise from 7:30 am, you can hear everything at night, people talking outside or in the hallways. Bathroom smells like urine. Lockers inside the room could be useful. Some fruit for breakfast would be nice for healthier food options.

Very friendly and helpful staff and a great location inside a lovely town. Bus drivers will pick you up in front of the hostel for the Ring of Kerry and other bustours, which is great. Hostel was clean. Would be nice if there was wifi outside of the kitchen and reception area in the future. Anyway, would definately stay here again!

Everything was great, the staff was really friendly and helpful as well, they had tons of recommendations for things to do around town. The rooms were pretty small, but everything was kept clean and nice. The location is awesome, right in the center of town and easy to find. The building itself is pretty cool as well, they have a sitting area in front where you can get wifi, but also a lounge-type room that is nice to hang out in a catch up with fellow travelers .

It is not easy to have a good internet connection

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was great was a good hostel to go to. Only problem was a huge group so had to wait ages before we could use the kitchen. Cooking equipment wasnt the best maybe a few new frying pans. But would deffiently stay again.

The Hostel is in great location to the Killarney town centre and access to the Ring of Kerry. All facilities were clean and the staff were helpful with any queries. The rooms were spacious enough and the free simple breakfast was good too. The only downside was that the wifi only connected on the ground floor so you could not have internet in your room. However, overall I would recommend this place to stay in Killarney and would return there again myself.

My stay was bad, but not because of the hostel itself. There was a freight train of a snorer in my dorm and I could not sleep, despite ear plugs, despite earbuds w/ music. And, I was to cycle 112 miles around the Ring of Kerry the next morning. The night desk manager let me sleep in the tv lounge on a couch (that was actually more comfortable than the bunk beds), allowing me 4 hours total sleep. I was grateful I could sleep. They kindly upgraded me to a private room for free the next night.