Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

The main problem was wifi didn't reach our room and the wifi in the common area was not great. The location is in the heart of the town and they directed me to free parking close by.

Had a great time wished i could have stayed longer.

Nice place, but lacks cleanliness in bathrooms and kitchen

• 23rd Jul 2015

Overall, a great hostel. Fantastic employees, comfortable dorms, and nice breakfast. The shower in my room, however, didn't have a full partition, so water slipped out onto the bathroom floor. There were also no lockers in my dorm, although the office could have stored my valuables. Finally, the Internet connections were very temperamental, even in the main building. Nonetheless, the atmosphere of the place made up for it all, and I found the staff to be informative and helpful.

Great location, walking distance to restaurants, bars, shopping. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. The only thing is there is no parking on the premises, they tell you to park quite a distance away for free, but we found a large lot 1 block away near the tourist center that stops charging after 6pm and starts charging at 8am I think so we parked overnight for free.

I do recommend!

Comfy bed, could do with refurb, but dated. Need more bathroom, showers etc and wifi slow and not available throughout the hostel on even the common areas...

Really need to invest in some new pillows & cases - slats missing off the bunk room we stayed in so upper bunk dipped at the end. The hostel was conviently located and equiped just in need of some investment as very tired. We weren't allowed to collect the keys or pay for our whole party when we arrived even though we had private rooms which made it a bit of a pain.

Good place to stay to visit the national park as well as Killarney.

Very nice place. Can be hard to find sockets, but other than that a great stay! Close to everything.

The bathrooms weren't that clean and the facilities were old and often broken. It was an okay place to stay for a couple of nights.

No WiFi in double bedroom

There were no wifi facility at rooms.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • India

facility update needed.

very friendly and helpful staff, prime location, nice and quiet room, poor breakfast

Pros - great location, very helpful and accommodating staff cons - feels a bit run down. no lockers. as it is so big, it can get very noisy (I had a rowdy group of teenagers on a class trip on my floor that kept everyone awake)

Didn't have a great time here as some people in the room had a party and were very noisy and rude.

Our room was in the new part of the hostel and the room was the biggest and best room i have ever stayed in a hostel anywhere.

The location was great--10 mins walk from the Killarney train and bus stations, 15 mins walk from the National Park. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel had a separate lounge, a relatively quiet space for people who wanted to read. The downside was that the window glass was thin and it was impossible to sleep when people were talking outside, which was the case almost every night during my stay. The ventilation of the ensuit was poor so the room often got really stuffy.

Excellent place! Everything about it was perfect, except the WiFi which only worked in some places in the hostel.