Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

The new rooms are awesome and clean! I will definitely come again to this hostel.

Big skylight windows without blinds in all private rooms makes sleeping well difficult but excellent hostel apart from that .

You should go just for the absolutely lovely guy at reception in the evenings!

The breakfast was very simple with just bread and jam or butter and for drink there was coffee or tea, no chocolate. They could improve a little bit this meal.

The receptionists were AMAZING!! Most helpful receptionists I have ever encountered. Had to look to find any faults with this hostel, the beds were a little hard and no lockers in rooms.

Very good hoatel, great localization neat city center and good restaurants

The hostel was wonderful. Look for a sign on New Street and the actual building is a bit in the back. The new set of rooms is absolutely lovely and my suite bathroom had a a rainfall shower head. Only complaints would include: shower needs a place to hold toiletry items, the door into building didn't shut well or lock and the door to the room didn't unlock well; and the wifi needs to be able to hold more visitors. Twice I wasn't able to join.

This place is brilliant. The shower in our suite H21 (sleeps 3) was always as warm as we wanted. Directions from staff. The only tricky bit was no WiFi in our room (which is understandable)

Perfect location, staff was always really helpful.

• 9th Jun 2015

The best hostel of our whole trip! The staff were amazing and super helpful. We were given an upgrade and I can say the "Haven" at Neptunes Town hostel is exactly that. It felt more like a hotel, with amazingly comfortable beds, plush comforters and the best bathroom and shower of our trip (big points from me). The atmosphere was great, with the best kitchen "share bin" as well. Great staff, great location, great vibe. We will come back here next time for sure.

The hostel is in a very good location, the staff was extremely helpful. Only down side I can think of was one two plug sockets in our room of six but there are lounges and plugs all over the hostel so it wasn't too much of a struggle.

• 8th Jun 2015

It's a great hostel! The staff is very friendly and has an answer to every question you might have. Also the rooms (at least in the new part) a very nice - modern, good bathrooms (if en suite) and the cleanliness was ok. Also the kitchen is well-equipped and the breakfast is of course nothing special but absolutely enough. Would definitely recommend it, also the location is perfect to to some hiking tours, it's three minutes to the national park.

• 7th Jun 2015

The hostel is great; I stayed in the new part and its absolutely great- in particular the bathroom. The staff are wonderful and really helpful- Mike was always available with really excellent ideas and options for guests! Kitchen is wonderful; so much so my friend and I were able to bake cookies. Only downside, there is only wifi in the common areas, and my building was actually separate so I couldn't get wifi in the rooms.

Only stayed there a couple of nights and everything was perfect the only cons I can think of is the bathroom. I think I was on the second floor and the bathroom is pretty small with only one sink and mirror. Not if they are all like that though But it is very good place to stay anyway :)

Great location! Would definitely recommend

was good for a basic and old hostel

Great hostel! The room was brand new, best shower I've had in Ireland and the staff was very friendly and very very helpful! The wifi wasn't so good though.. Hard to log in at night and no wifi in the room.. But like I said, brand new room so that could be why... Would definitely stay there again!

• 1st Jun 2015

Tiny bed in a small room. Not very social. Good location is really the only thing the place has going for it. Good enough for a place to sleep for the night.

why are the showers and toilets not separate? or clean? almost all of the doors are broken, for instance mens bath- restroom door stays wide open. the whole place needs a handyman overhaul and a good washing.

This was by far the best hostel we slept in throughout our two weeks in Ireland. Staff is friendly, rooms are amazing and quite updated, extremely clean. Location is perfect- bars , restaurants all within walking distance