Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

I got there late at night and had trouble getting into my room. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. I was given a new key and accompanied to my room to make sure I was able to get in. Very nice location and not too loud at night.

We stayed in a double bed room. The bed linen weren't clean, there were hair. Showers and toilets were clean.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Drunk people coming in from 2-5am running around and smashing things made it difficult to get sleep. Woke up very tried. Breakfast was subpar.

Bad Wifi connection Small kitchen

• 1st Apr 2015

Thekitchen wasn't very clean. Most of the tables were dirty. They turned off the heater too early and it was very cold inside the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Great hostel! Only whine is the lack of clean tea towels to dry dishes :)

found everything good for what we needed,handy location in town center,close to tesco ,room simple but effective and clean. Reception informative and friendly

• 27th Mar 2015

Great hostel. Especially enjoyed my power shower! Print outs of recommended hikes and cycling tours were a nice added extra touch - thank you! Amazing value for money.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at, without question. The staff was very kind and the security is organized without being too strict. My friend and I stayed in a private double room at a very low price and were very comfortable. A free towel for the shower was also a welcome amenity. If I am ever in the area again, I will definitely stay here.

Pretty friendly staff, our booking was made based on price, but we still got a pretty decent hostel and we stayed ina pretty new room with private bathroom without paying extra, courtesy of the staff because it was low season. Great!

Hi I have very good experience stay at neptunes hostel for a night. My bro booked previously for a female mixed dom for me but cos I had kneecap surgery done recently I can't climb up/down the stairs. The kind staff there made arrangement for a private suite for me without any top up charges. I'm deeply appreciative of their kind guesture.

This was definitely not a youth hostel!! The bathrooms were not very tidy and the rooms were dingy and there was only one socket in our 8 person room. There was no security for your bags in the rooms. The beds were comfortable. The kitchen was lively but a little unclean. The location was pretty good. The wifi did not reach the rooms. The breakfast was fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Great little place, I love the central location, my friends and I shared a 3 bed private and it worked wonderful. Thank you!

NO HOT WATER FOR SHOWER !!!!!!! Critical issue !!!!!!!

• 14th Mar 2015

First off all, we had a warm welcome by one of the staff members at the reception. Even though it looked busy at the time we arrived, he took his time to explain everything to us. We booked a double room ensuite and the room was quiet, warm and everything was tidy and working. The kitchen was extensive and you could always see people cooking their delicious food. The breakfast was basic, cereals, milk, bread, butter and jam. At least that was what we could find. We would come again.

• 13th Mar 2015

The free breakfast featuring Fruit and Fibre cereal was much appreciated and there was no shortage of cool people to talk to during meal times. The toilet in my dorm was leaking during my first night there, but they got a plumber to fix it. It still leaked a bit but they were very prompt about addressing the issue. The six-person dorm room only had two electrical sockets, which proved problematic when we all wanted to charge our gadgets at night.

Neptunes staff was accommodating, the rooms were clean, the location was great. I think the only improvements would be lockers under the beds and perhaps individual lights for the bunks! Love it though.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Not a bad word to say.

• 1st Mar 2015

Fantastic Hostel.Very high standard.Great location and great value for money..Will be back

• 28th Feb 2015