Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

One of the best hostels I have stayed in..very friendly and helpful staff, they let us store our luggage in the luggage room after we had checked out for the day while we explored the town. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast was good, and the atmosphere was really nice. It was also located a little off the main street, so it's in a central location but not super loud so you can actually sleep. The only (very small) downside was the Internet is not throughout the hostel.

8 person room was ok, big enough and clean. Not enough facilities, 2 toiletts and 2 showers on the floor are not enough for all that rooms. Kitchen was okay, clean and all things in it. Staff very friendly and helpfull !

Such lovely and helpful staff. Great location.

Very good value for money, friendly and helpful staff. The hostel is situated within a central and convenient location in the town.

• 26th Aug 2015

The hostel is located in a very good position. Bathrooms were cleaned and during the breakfast there was a member of the staff keep cleaning, however room's smell was terrible. Staffs member were welcoming and gentle, except for the blond girl checked us in. Wifi did not work properly at all, difficulties logging in and while logged in sometimes didn't work too.

Room (no 20) too hot and only a small window. Couldn't sleep as a result of this and being in the town was too noisy for me at night. Unfoturtunately although there wasn't anything wrong really I will have to book somewhere where I can sleep, even if it means paying more.

We stayed in a private double room with an ensuite in the new section of the hostel which was basically a four star hotel room but cheaper! Great location, staff were brilliant and the tours offered through the hostel were great. We did the Ring of Kerry and it was wonderful.

I've stayed in Neptunes at least ten times now and I'll always come back :) It has everything you'd expect from a hostel, the staff are always nice and helpful and the location in the middle of Killarney is perfect. I really like the big kitchen, it has enough space not to get tool crowded around dinner time (like in most other hostels) and it's a great place to meet people :)

• 24th Aug 2015

Super friendly. Ideal location. Clean.

I found the hostel was very social, especially in the kitchen. The wifi only works in the main lobby though. The rooms are spacious but there are no lockers in the rooms. The staff were very friendly and helpful with what to do. The hostel is right in the centre, great location!

Ver nice hostel near Killarney's town center. We had booked a privat room in the new building across the main entrance. It was a very nice, nearly hotel like room, very clean with mondern interior.

• 23rd Aug 2015

The staff was really friendly and helpful. The kitchen was a little to small for all the guests who wanted to cook diner at the same time. The bathroom especially the shower in our doubleroom was really nice, the bed was a little bit too hard because of the non-existent duckboard. But it was a really nice hostelroom, proportionally luxurious and great to stay at.

Great atmosphere, friendly service.

not only was the hostel a great place to stay, the staff was excellent as well. we needed to print out bus tickets but had no access to a printer and the staff allowed us to email the tickets to them and printed them out for us at no charge. very friendly people and such a great location.

• 20th Aug 2015

very good place, clean and nice people. secure enough to let whatever you want in your room (still depends no who is in your room!) great emplacement

Very good but à bit noisy sometimes.

• 19th Aug 2015

No wifi in the rooms and couldn't get on even in the lobby because so many people were on. Otherwise good hostel in a fun area and clean rooms

I had a very nice stay at this hostel! It was a little hard to find at first, but besides that its location was perfect, due to its centrality in the town. The breakfast was fairly good as well, maybe the only down side I would say is the fact that you couldn't regulate the temperature of the water in the shower (way too hot!!!!). I would definitely go back though!

The location is great - but the rooms and facilities were NOT clean. We had a private room, there was stains on the sheats, no windows (i.e. Horrible air circulation) and it smelled bad. I would not stay here again.

• 16th Aug 2015

Great location, but very few bathrooms and plug ins. Staff is cool, kitchen was busy but well stocked