Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

My wife and I stayed a week and didnt have any problems at all. The staff were friendly, helpful and honest and treat you with the same respect you show them. We totally enjoyed our stay and would gladly come back again.

• 29th May 2014

Very helpful staff and good information on what to do around Killarney.

Awesome hostel! One of the best I stayed at. Killarney is a really great town to spend some time in, and we were having some trouble figuring out what we wanted to do because there is quite a bit of options here. This hostel and their staff told us everything we needed to know and answered every single one of our questions, letting us know what activities were the best in their opinion and all of the options we had. We ended up doing a boat and bike tour, I would recommend. Recommended!!!!!

The pillows were rather flat and the beds rather firm and the duvet was rather thin and felt really worn. The whole hostel has a semi-rundown feel, definitely a place to bring shower shoes around. The shower pressure was like a light sprinkle and there was not enough ventilation in the bathroom. The gas hobs we could use had to be lit with a match after the gas is turned on.

Had we known there would be no wifi in the rooms, we would not have booked here. The construction going on right outside of our window started around 5 am, making it impossible to sleep in to a decent hour. We were told the parking was a 2 min walk away when we e-mailed months ago; it was instead a 10 min walk. The lady that checked us in the first night, however, was so nice and hospitable. I told her my boyfriend was sick and she provided tea and hot chocolate and anything we needed.

This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at, and it was a very welcoming experience into the backpacking world. I appreciated the recommendations and directions the staff provided to my friends and I! Also, Mary from the bike rental was very sweet and helpful! A great recommendation to make our trip that much better!

There is construction directly outside of the hostel, which starts fairly early in the morning and is impossible to sleep through. The kitchen has recycling and composting options. Also, the staff was very helpful.

Somehow this hostel is ranked 5th in Ireland?! I have no idea how. I have stayed in quite a few hostels in Ireland over the years and this one isn't even in the top 10. The staff was not personable and had no concept of customer service. I had 3 people walk up after me and get helped before me, unacceptable. The walls were so thin we could hear our neighbors 3 doors down. We immediately found new accommodations before sleeping there even 1 night, though we had to stay 2 nights due to policy.

• 23rd May 2014

No luggage lockers in rooms and wifi only works downstairs in common areas. Other than that this place was great everything you need. The stuff was super helpful too!

Peter (I think he owns the place, or just runs it) was so helpful! Neptune's provided to be an excellent resource for hiking routes, cycling, and walks. Best time I had in Ireland!

• 23rd May 2014

Great hostel with fun and nice staff. Good location, easy to go and explore the national park etc. I liked the strong beds where you can move without making horrible noise!

Neptunes Town Hostel was great! It was pretty quiet so we got a great night's sleep. The front desk staff were friendly, and very helpful. The location was ideal for exploring the National Park nearby. This hostel was actually a better value than one of the hotels we stayed at a few nights later.

• 21st May 2014

Very nice hostel.nice staff, large kitchen and common area.basic breakfast.car parking is 10 min walk away.would stay again.

This hostel had an excellent location and the staff were amazing. The only downside is that the wifi was pretty useless during my stay.

The staff was super friendly, felt safe, they're building another building so adding more rooms so the construction was a little inconvenient but necessary and understandable. Look forward to seeing it when that's finished. Lovely place...Will stay again! :-)

• 18th May 2014

There was two computers with Internet, but it is the slowest Internet I have ever tried, so there was somethings that I was not able to see. Except that I really liked the hostel, and if I have my own smartphone or computer with me, I would stay there again :)

• 17th May 2014
  • Denmark

The hostel has friendly staff and a warm environment. However, my room has stain of chewing gum on the carpet, and the carpet is smelly. The bed sheets and table cloth in the dining room gets stains as well. The kitchen sewage from the sink is connected by pipe just to the nearest drainage pit instead of directly away, causing sewage remained at the cap of drainage pit which could be improved. Nevertheless, the bathroom is tidy and clean. The stay would be perfect if the hygiene can be enhanced.

Very nice hostel! Clean bathrooms, nice kitchen, friendly staff and very good location! Would definitely stay again!

Could not fault this place, excellent location, facilities and value for money.

• 10th May 2014

The atmosphere at this hostel was great and I talked with all of the people who stayed in my room. The facilities weren't the cleanest, the one sink on the hall would not drain. Other than that though, the rooms were clean and nice for a hostel.