Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

We stayed for two nights in May 2015. Booked a double room and was upgraded to a room with its own bathroom. Nicest place we have stayed- better than most hotels. The room was in the new part of the hostel- really clean, modern and warm. If you can ask to stay in the new part. The kitchen was OK, not heaps of bench space or cookers so try to avoid cooking at peak time. Breakfast was good. Would definitely stay here again. Thanks Neptunes.

Good night in Neptunes hostel but the heater was on (and we couldn't turn it off) while windows were opens because it was far too warm...so too bad for our planet!!

My daughter and her boyfriend stayed at your hostel and loved it! They said it was more like a hotel than a hostel!!!

• 1st May 2015

Didn't like that the front door closed at 3 am - especially since nightclub nearby closed at 2:30 am.

A good average hostel for the facilities, but amazing for the atmosphere and the service! Very friendly staff at the desk, especially Pete who has been incredibly helpful during our stay and the security guy at night was really nice to talk to. We spent one night in an 8-bed dorm and one night in a private double room. Both rooms were fine and we slept very well. The street can be noisy at night as other guests are talking loudly outside the building. The free breakfast was ok.

Great help with sights in the area! Location is fantastic! Pillows were sad, making sleeping a challenge at times. Please invest in some. No place to put things while showering, some hooks could help.

HORRIBLE :( 4 bed room was so incredibly dirty (dirty sheets, hairs in the bed, etc.) the bathroom floor was covered in hair and dirt and the push showers were not even warm. I asked to upgrade to a private room, I was asked to pay the difference which was fine but the private rooms are in an entirely separate building with no wifi and still, not great cleanliness. I ended up staying at a b&b because the experience was so terrible. No refund was offered.

Nice place to stay for cheap. Nice family rooms. Good surprise: breakfast offered. The staff should only be more attentive when groups of students are coming : they don't clean the kitchen and are so noisy. But I really recommend this hostel.

• 28th Apr 2015

Lovely staff. Very friendly and helpful. Efficient processes made check in straightforward

• 24th Apr 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. Also very knowledgeable about the area.

We stayed in a double room, but it had a huge skylight with no curtains. Not fun at 6:30am on a spring/summer morning! When we asked to change to another room, we were informed that all non en-suite double rooms had no curtains! The only option would be to upgrade our room for €10 more a night to get an en-suite equipped with curtains. Surely curtains are relatively inexpensive? Other than that it was a nice hostel. It was in a good location and had a good breakfast and common room.

great place, all round value

• 18th Apr 2015

Pretty standard hostel - nothing bad to say about it. Location was excellent and kitchen was large (albeit not the cleanest we stayed in). Breakfast was standard (tea/coffee, toast, cereal) and the room was quiet with lots of bathrooms on the floor.

Very good experience here. Staff were friendly and helpful. Super close to tour locations, the park, shopping and restaurants.

Nice hostel close to centre of Killarney. Really helpful staff, laid back and stress free!

A great place to stay and explore Killarney and the surrounding area. The staff are extremely nice and helpful, and will give you all the local advice you need to enjoy your stay. Good facilities, nice common space and kitchen, and free breakfast. Highly recommended.

very simple but very accommodating hostel. Great location right near the Main Street and across from a tesco. The rooms were perfect in terms of size, warmth and noise level for what we wanted. Standard free breakfast. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Unfortunately there were no lockers in our room. Bit of an inconvenience as I had to carry my valuables around with me when I left the hostel (passport, iPad etc). Highly recommend this hostel!

I stayed in a bedroom with 8 beds, and it didn't have a locker to put our bags!

• 9th Apr 2015

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The location is perfect and there is a nice and cosy lounge that reminded me of a living room. The breakfast room was small, so some guests had to eat in the lounge. You should never leave the hostel at night without a mobile phone, because it could happen that the door code doesn't work, which actually happened to me. I had to call the hostel and the staff opened immediately and apologized. I wonder what I should have done without my mobile phone...

I got there late at night and had trouble getting into my room. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. I was given a new key and accompanied to my room to make sure I was able to get in. Very nice location and not too loud at night.