Neptunes Town Hostel Reviews

New Street, Killarney, Killarney, Ireland

The only problem we had with this hostel is that you have to be at the hostel by 3am, so If you want want to go out you have to hurry up. In addition when we arrived (at 3am) there was people going out and out until near 4am that we went to sleep. In my opinion is OK, If they want to close the door for security like a lot of hostel, but the people they have for security outside controlling all the people that comes in, they can stay inside and control the people that wants to go in late at night

Only thing that ruined it was some bloke snoring very loudly. However I understand that it's a hostel, not a hotel. Overall it was a good hostel :)

• 1st May 2014

Lovely hostel and welcoming staff

We had a great stay. The lady at the reception was extremely helpful with both local attractions and where to stay the next night. Would definitely recommend Neptunes !!

Very good hostel! Across from our room construction is going on. It was our 'natural' wake up. 8:00 AM, so not too early.

Warm welcome by staff. Excellently run hostel & well located. Very clean and tidy. Good sized rooms and good lounge area plus use of a computer. The kitchen has all that you need & is efficiently and regularly cleaned throughout the day making it the best hostel communal kitchen we have come across. Very good breakfast provided. Free parking is 5 minute walk away.

Good location and the staff were very helpful. I would definitely stay there again when heading back to Killarney.

This was my third stay at Neptunes. As always, great staff, great facilities and an overall nice and welcoming atmosphere. In a great location in Killarney, close to the bus/train but also just off the main street in town. I will definitely be staying at Neptunes again during my next visit to Killarney!

We stayed here nights 10-12 of 14 in Ireland. It was our jumping off point for Blarney Castle and Dingle. The location was great, easy to find and just off the main road, maybe 10 minutes walk from the train station. The front desk was super friendly and helpful. Our room was in a separate building, which I thought could create security issues, but I never saw the outside door being left open. The room was clean and neat. The common areas were tidy as well. There is a grocery right across the st

• 24th Apr 2014

Most Excellent stay----the location was alittle hidden but that gave amore quiet and secluded feel even though right in the center of town, All the Staff I encountered , Michael, Peter and Juliette were most gracious and genuine in any and all assistance---- the quick wit and jovial attitudes were infectious ----really and sincerely loved it, Highly recommend it to any and all----ive stayed at varied number of hostels and this ranks right up there at the top. Clean efficient, Safe rooms too!

The Receptionists were friendly and helpful. Our dorm room with en-suite was clean and comfortable.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Just not enough pressure in the showers.

I stayed one night at this hostel and the location is perfect, located next to the Killarney National Park & Ring of Kerry. Killarney is not a very big town but in spite of that you can find a lot of different places to stay during the evening/night. The only negative thing was the kitchen. It was clean enough but could be a little bit cleaner. And maybe you should invest a few euros to replace these terrible tebalecloth;-) But definitely a good place to stay, great atmosphere and freindly staff

Our ensuit room didn't really had window and no bathroom for ourselfs. That doesn't justify the price of 27€ each, so 54€ per night in total to me for a dark, hot, stinky room...

• 19th Apr 2014

Typical hostel atmosphere. ;-) You could meet people from everywhere. Recommended for young people. The staff was very friendly & helpful. Thx

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. It'd be nice to have small lockers in the rooms. Also, the showers should have a curtain and a little chair to put your clothes while you're taking a shower - nothing fancy but it'd be extremely useful.

I thought the staff was excellent. I really appreciated how they called and arranged transportation for me to my various locations. The kitchen and the rooms were very clean. I found the bathrooms a little small for the amount of people using them.

• 16th Apr 2014

Excellent staff working there, they have great knowledge. Nice environment. The bed was clean and good to sleep in

We were a bit disappointed about our en-suite bedroom when we arrived, because it had no toilet, just a shower. However, after we spoke to the staff, we got the room cheaper and changed the room for our second night. The staff was very friendly and had open ears for all our sorrows :D thanks so much!

Modern and efficient hostel, but a bit unpersonal. Fine rooms, but no soap or towels in the bathroom.