Neverland Hostel Reviews

Bogazkesen cad. no:96, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

the location is excellent.staff is helpful. furnitures in the room are old and some of them are broken. bedsheets are quite old.there were holes on the sheets but they were clean.whenever we asked for help, the staff helped out.at the the bathroom door, there's nothing to prevent water from going into the room. so, you have to be careful if u are gonna spend a lil bit long time there. we always heard what's going on in other places of the hostel. not a very peaceful place.good for once a year...

• 17th May 2014
  • Turkey

Really enjoyed my stay here. Very friendly people with both guests and staff. Tasty breakfast and water, tea and coffee supplied throughout the day. Only issue really was lack of lockers which have a working lock on them, most in my room had been damaged somehow so had I not been the only occupant it would have been first come first serve for the lockers.

• 10th May 2014

The hostel allows smoking on its premises. This detracts from the cleanliness and atmosphere. Also, they state there is free parking. It is on the street and not secure. The staff is very good. The feel of the hostel is a bit grimy because of its anti-establishment graffiti on the walls and dark foreboding atmosphere.

in turkey, the parking place on street belongs to the building next to it sir. we wonder how you got the idea "it is not secure". thanx

They don't clean the room at all!!!the breakfast it's served from 9 to 10,30,no way to have it if you've a morning fligth!very noisy!

• 3rd May 2014

check the facilities before you book it my friend. we cant obvioulsy give personel breakfast.

Very comfortable, artistic place, an excellent location in the heart of the old town, the staff were very nice and helpful. Recommend!

• 1st May 2014
  • Bulgaria

The lock on the door was shaky. There is no luggage room (no one asked us anything when we came back to pick up our luggage that we left in the entrance). But the staff is nice and helpful. You need to wash your dishes after breakfast but that's part of the atmosphere (hat I like). My only real complaint is about the noise. Please, when you have teenagers staying in the hostel, try to handle them... They made a lot of noise for two straight nights and no one would try to shut them up...

We loved everything about the hostel, especially their playlists, delicious Turkish tea and the breakfast :)

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Poland

The atmosphere is really relaxed, free tea for everyone in the main room, which is lighted with candles! Very good breakfast, the staff is very helpful. The toilets are clean and the rooms are quite big. Good choice if you wanna party in Istiklal!

Very Good!, We'll come back!

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Spain

The hostel wasn't very clean, specially room and bathroom. The mattress was very old as well as the sheets, making it look dirtier. We got a padlock after a deposit of 5 lira but there was no locker available. It was a bit difficult to climb the bunk beds without disturbing the person under you because there weren't ladders. The breakfast was a wonderful surprise! Very tasty and rich. The hostel has plenty of common area, playing nice music all the time. Its atmosphere was very pleasant!

• 27th Jan 2014

We had a great time in Neverland! Just one problem, when I booked, the prices in hostelworld.com are incorrect, I've booked a room for 8 USD per person, but the real price was 16 USD. After that, location is very good, just a few minutes walking to Istikal. Room was good, clean and confortable, good breakfast, and the hall is very nice with free tea and coffee.

Big and comfortable public area. Nice breakfast Dangerous to climb to upper bed of the dorm Socket is not enough in the room Great location

Best breakfast I ever had, however, it was not the cleanest hostel I ever stayed in. Don't expect too much, you get what you pay for.

Neverland is a cool place to stay if you like the aesthetic of everything being graffitied or brightly painted and having political overtones! always attracts an interesting crowd. It's down a hill from Istiklal, so if you want spend a lot of time there and don't like walking it's not the best place to stay. However, it's still convenient and nice that it's not surrounded by a ton of noise. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend staying here if it's your cup of tea!

It is a nice place with great chilled atmosphere. It is not dirty, but it needs some refreshing refurbishment as a lot of the facilities are a bit worn out. Otherwise it was very quiet, the other visitors were also quite sympathetic ( luckily, it is not the kind of place where a noisy group of college students would stay :D), the atmosphere downstairs was great - a lounge where the time has stopped and a tea and coffee is served all the time. And great breakfast!

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Bulgaria

Very dimly lighted both in the lobby, staircase and room. Bed and Blanket is desireable . I only stayed for one nite.

the best hotel in Istanbul!!

• 6th Oct 2013

Great atmosphere, very welcoming lounge, good for meeting people. Staff very friendly.

great breakfast! and clean

+ves Hot water, good showers Location -ves Breakfast only from 9-1030. This is not on the website. I was in IST for work and work started at 9am! Hence I missed the breakfast, I would not have booked had I known about this time limit Dirty, dirty, dirty Bedsheets hadn't seen a washing machine in weeks!