New Backpackers Reviews

Akbiyik caddesi. No:20/1Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Really good location, right next to Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The staff is really friendly. Impossible to get a better cost-benefit in Istanbul! We are satisfied with the days we spent there and also with the price we paid.

location is really great in the middle of sultanahmet sites. The staff is really nice and helpfull and really capable in solving any problems. It was a really great stay, thanks a lot!

Not a place to meet people but good location, very comfortable rooms! The street can be loud at night but if you can sleep through some noise it shouldn't be a problem.

We were 6 South African girls staying in the New Backpackers a few weeks ago - we had a lovely time and found everything excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful. Yusef is the heart and soul of this vibrant hostel and restaurant and were always welcoming us so friendly when we were out. Whenever we had a problem, he was always there to quickly sort it out for us. Their food is excellent and it was nice to stay in the centre of the vibe.

Bring your earplugs this area is LOUD!!! I would recommend staying a few blocks in any directions from this hotel. This location is TOO noisy. There is club music from several establishments until 2-3am every night. The hotel itself is actually pretty quiet, but just in a really noisy area. The people that run this place are sort of strange and not overly friendly. Price was good, but you'll want a good night's sleep after seeing the sights in Istanbul.

• 28th Sep 2014

We were a group of 6 women 30+ to 50+.The staff mostly pleasant and obliging. I must mention Jusef ,especially. He MADE my stay , was respectful , kind ,thoughtful , ALWAYS pleasant . More attention paid to "housekeeping " .Not necessary to ask for toilet paper when you book into room for first time . I know it is a backpackers but a gradual update on the curtaining , bedlinen ,provision of blankets would be a +.Hakan most helpful with organising transport and the local haman.

The hostel is at walking distance from Topkapi, Agia Sophia, Blue Mosque and so on. It's located on a very noisy street so keep that in mind if you're planning to go to bed before 2AM. The room was small but clean. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful.

Hostel is great. Our room was clean and big. The location is excellent, you are located only a few minutes of walk from Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and Cistern Basilica. The staff is friendly and helpfull. Down stairs is a great restaurant wih excellent food. I would stay here again.

the hostel is in a really good location, five minutes walking to the blue mosque and well connected to reach every area of Istanbul. Clean, kind and friendly staff, helpful and nice people. It's perfect to spend one week in a great city like Istanbul

• 7th Sep 2014

The staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was OK. The dormitory (in the basement) was actually quieter than I expected despite the variety of music happening at street level. The shower was good but it wasn't kept very clean. The Wifi signal was poor most of the time - I understand this is common. Overall I had a pleasant stay but not exceptional. I guess you get what you pay for.