New Backpackers Reviews

Akbiyik caddesi. No:20/1Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Loved staying here. I would've stayed here again but I had already booked so where else to stay for the last two nights before I left Istanbul. Wish I had stayed here again instead. The guys who work there downstairs in the bar/cafe were very helpful and friendly. Showtime!

Great location, but it was hard to find the hostel at the beginning, coz entrance was cafe and there wasnt any sign. staff was nice, rooms was clean so can recommended.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Turkey

The staffs were very friendly and the location was very convenient because it is very near to most of the attraction places.

Very good place to stay in.

Great location, staff is amazing, you get discount in the restaurant and free tea. Overall a very pleasant stay. I definitely would go back!

• 6th Apr 2014

Good hostel, smart staff, very good location - near by the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Topkapipalace, Cisterna Basilica; 15 - 20 min walking distance to Galatabridge and New Mosque as well as the Grand Bazaar.

• 4th Apr 2014

Nice small hostel in 3 minutes walk from Blue Mosque. Cozy room with all facilities (even hairdryer). Special thanks for very nice owner Ahmet for his welcome and hospitality. The only one small disadvantage is quite frugal breakfast (an egg, few pieces of vegetables and few pieces of cheese). As the hostel is situated on the street full of restaurants , it might be a bit loud at night. To sum up - I'll highly recommend this hostel and definitely will stay there again.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Ukraine

Good hostel in the beautiful street which is very close to Aya Sofia. Nice and friendly staff.

We had a lot of good experiences when we were in the hotel, it was one of the most wonderful trip we ever had. Your employees gave me the real best services and genuine care to us, we really appreciated that and we are looking forward to see you again.

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Thailand

Great room, at a great price, especially for a private ensuite. Could maybe have done with a duvet on the double bed for extra warmth in winter. Lovely friendly owner. Great breakfast.

We have stayed there in a private room with my girl friend for a weekend. Good location, clean room with TV and air conditioning but main negative thing is there is no sound isolation. You will hear every single step outside your room, and what is worse is you will hear the restaurants' noise all the night. Breakfast is not open buffet and you do not feel like it is a hostel, well maybe they even do not have a license, because as far as I know there has to be a reception for a hostel.

great location. clean & cozy.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

New Backpackers hostel is overall a very enjoyable experience. They would do well to have a clearer sign showing that they are also a hostel on top of their restaurant/cafe. I stayed in the dorm downstairs and as a place to sleep and stay clean, I was happy, especially at the price point. Becoming friendly with the staff made my experience much better and I thank them for their kindness.

It was cheap and the wifi was good. The location is convenient to all the historical sites and a few minutes walk away from the tram that takes you to Taksim etc. All the restaurants and bars nearby are touristy and overpriced, but if you are looking for a cheap place to stay in a good location, this hostel is sufficient.

Breakfast was the best of any hostel I've been so far. Location was excellent, on a busy street with lots of cafes and restaurants. Even though 10-bed dorm bathroom was cleaned everyday, it was smelly and body odours not vented very well but otherwise a good stay. I'm sure the private rooms would have been much nicer. Wish there was an age restriction as the 48-year-old guy was totally weird and farted all the time.

They gave us a pretty small room for the first three nights, which was okay but nothing you would expect to get for 60 Euro a night. The room had a small window & very thin walls (we could hear our neighbor coming home & switching on the a/c..). The next room was bigger, however shower didnt work properly, you could hear the staff running (bumping) up & down the stairs all night long. Also the roof was leaking, so after a rainy night water was running down the walls and our room was flooded..!!

nice location to stay.

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Greece

First of all I must say the location is great and staff are friendly.Unfortunately room was a bit of disappointment, it wasn´t any close to that one that is shown on the photo, this wouldn´t bother me so much, as I am aware the price was ok. The reason why I wouldn´t recommend this place is that it is located in the noisiest street of the whole district, loud music coming from the bars would stop only after 1- 2 am,so forget about sleeping well. I personally wouldn´t stay here again.

We had a great stay at new backpackers. Lovely, friendly and welcoming staff although it took us a while to find the place as it is located above a restaurant the location was perfect close distance to all the main sites! Restaurant downstairs also serves delicious food and the staff are very entertaining!

Nice location and friendly staff. But the room was really small and the bed not comfortable. On the pictures the rooms look far more better than they are. The breakfast was nice. But because of the small rooms, we would not recommend this hostel.