New Backpackers Reviews

Akbiyik caddesi. No:20/1Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

great location. clean & cozy.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

New Backpackers hostel is overall a very enjoyable experience. They would do well to have a clearer sign showing that they are also a hostel on top of their restaurant/cafe. I stayed in the dorm downstairs and as a place to sleep and stay clean, I was happy, especially at the price point. Becoming friendly with the staff made my experience much better and I thank them for their kindness.

It was cheap and the wifi was good. The location is convenient to all the historical sites and a few minutes walk away from the tram that takes you to Taksim etc. All the restaurants and bars nearby are touristy and overpriced, but if you are looking for a cheap place to stay in a good location, this hostel is sufficient.

Breakfast was the best of any hostel I've been so far. Location was excellent, on a busy street with lots of cafes and restaurants. Even though 10-bed dorm bathroom was cleaned everyday, it was smelly and body odours not vented very well but otherwise a good stay. I'm sure the private rooms would have been much nicer. Wish there was an age restriction as the 48-year-old guy was totally weird and farted all the time.

They gave us a pretty small room for the first three nights, which was okay but nothing you would expect to get for 60 Euro a night. The room had a small window & very thin walls (we could hear our neighbor coming home & switching on the a/c..). The next room was bigger, however shower didnt work properly, you could hear the staff running (bumping) up & down the stairs all night long. Also the roof was leaking, so after a rainy night water was running down the walls and our room was flooded..!!

nice location to stay.

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Greece

First of all I must say the location is great and staff are friendly.Unfortunately room was a bit of disappointment, it wasn´t any close to that one that is shown on the photo, this wouldn´t bother me so much, as I am aware the price was ok. The reason why I wouldn´t recommend this place is that it is located in the noisiest street of the whole district, loud music coming from the bars would stop only after 1- 2 am,so forget about sleeping well. I personally wouldn´t stay here again.

We had a great stay at new backpackers. Lovely, friendly and welcoming staff although it took us a while to find the place as it is located above a restaurant the location was perfect close distance to all the main sites! Restaurant downstairs also serves delicious food and the staff are very entertaining!

Nice location and friendly staff. But the room was really small and the bed not comfortable. On the pictures the rooms look far more better than they are. The breakfast was nice. But because of the small rooms, we would not recommend this hostel.

Very good hostel. I stayed in a private bedroom with a friend and we found the room very comfortable. The hostel is located upstairs of a restaurant owned by the same people of the hostel and it has great food at reasonable price. The owners are great people very friendly and helpful.We enjoyed very much our stay When we arrived it was a little bit difficult to see the name of the hostel so in the directions to get to it the owners should include the name of the restaurant which is Siva Cafe.

For me ıt was quıte hard to fınd this hostel because there are a lot in that area...but it s near SIVA s restaurant. I like it..good place for sleep and near Sultanahmet square.

The place is really noisy so forget about sleeping. The staff is friendly and the room were clean.

Very nIce staff, excellent location next to the Blue Mosque and on a fun street with a lot of restaurants (a little noisy but okay). The common room is basically a part of a restaurant, WiFi didn't work everywhere. There weren't enough lockers and the 9 bed room was in the basement so no daylight, but less noise. Still I would recommend it and was really happy. I met some nice people there too :)

I really liked this hostel. The staff were really helpful and the location was great. Although, beware about booking anything with the travel-agent across the road from this hostel, they gave me incorrect advice to just about everything I did through them.

The hostel is very good located, short walking distance to main Istanbul attractions. Air Conditioning in the room was a big pro, as I went on summer. Breakfast is also alright. The hostel itself does not offer many facilities, and wifi only works well at the reception.

Great location and atmosphere. The staff help me to feel very comfortable. Food at the hostel's bar is very good as well. I definitely recommend this hostel for enjoying your time in Istanbul

This place is well located on a street full of restaurants and only minutes away from the big sites of The Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia. The room was very clean and had a big couch!

The room in this hostel was very tasteful, clean and with modern finishes. The location is superb, only a few minutes to the old town square and right in the heart of a busy restaurant and shopping district. Above all, the people here are incredibly friendly and will go out of their way to ensure you have what you need and are happy!

Nice location. We stay in a double room what was good. Some problems with the ac (very cold or very hot) and the interner but in general everything was very good.

reserved a night at this hostel for ~5 euro. after the reservation was confirmed, received an email from the hostel saying that the price was incorrect. the actual price is ~45 euro. I am not sure if it was really a pure mistake or an attempt to cheat the customer. Decided to cancel the reservation after having requested to pay more than the published price. I asked for a full refund of the deposit and gave them my bank account number for the direct transfer but nothing is in refunded yet