New Backpackers Reviews

Akbiyik caddesi. No:20/1Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great place to stay and get some rest but also to see the old town site such as the topkapi palace and hagia Sofia. Not much of a hostel but a hotel, although good value overall breaks included, pretty much standard plate but drinks are free so make the most if it.

most staff were nice. Breakfast was minimal.

For budget hostel, I was not expecting much. But even with my least expectation, it still didn't satisfy enough. For example, thing that bothered me so much is its wifii. Of cause for a traveler, internet is vital as to keep in touch with family and friends. For the period I was staying there, it seemed they still not capable to give nice and STABLE connection.

I really have to recommend the New Backpackers Hostel! It is so far the best hostel I’ve ever stayed in. My friend and I spent 5 nights there in June 2013 in a private double bed room. The room was very nice decorated and cozy. It was also very clean. Breakfast was good and enough. The Place is perfect since you can walk to many locations. There is also a nice restaurant beneath with excellent food! To sum up: A great hostel with a very kind staff and absolutely to recommend - German Promise!

• 19th Jun 2013

I spent two nights in June 2013. The location is absolutely excellent that it sits in Sultanahmet where the main scenic spots (e.g.. the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Yerebatan sarnici) are within 5-min walk. It only takes 20mins on foot to reach the boarding place if you want to have the Bosphorus boat tours. What attacked me most is its fantastic atmosphere in the night. While enjoy delicious food and drinks, you may also celebrate your holiday with tourists from all over the world.

• 14th Jun 2013
  • China

Newbackpackers is one of the best hostel İ've stayed in so far. The staff is extremely helpful and kind, its location is ideal, within walking distance to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. They organize awesome activities for guests to get to know each other and guided us through Istanbul nightlife, saving us a great deal of time and money by showing us the best clubs and bars around. Really great memories, I highly recommend this place. Special thanks to HAKAN and MAMİ

• 14th Jun 2013

The hostel is in a great location and the main guy running the show is really helpful, but the hostel is not ideally set up. The 10 bed dorm only has one bathroom and the room gets really hot and stuffy. I stayed 3 nights and never had a decent sleep.

I was in a private room first, and am in the dorm now...the staff has been friendly and nice, and has been helpful with asking things for wifi and to use a phone, etc. The area is really great, with fun bars and a great cafe on the corner. Surprisingly great-behaving, tail-wagging dogs too sometimes walk by along the street late at night sometimes, mostly fed from the other side of the street. It's really fun here even late at night. The staff was great and are really fun people!

• 12th Jun 2013

This hostel is only a 5 min walk from the blue mosque, hagia sofia and the sea. The staff is super helpful and ask if you need anything. WiFi in the rooms works just fine and so does the aircondition. A little noise from the street and The mosque.

Nice people and nice place!

• 31st May 2013

funny hotel, with " yes...no...yes...no"

• 20th May 2013
  • Indonesia
  • Male

Excellent Location in Sultanahmet near the most important and beautifull places! Safe and comfortable area to walk to anywhere. The staff is very nice and helpful, and deluxe room lovely. Very recommendable!!!

• 18th May 2013
  • Argentina

Definitely excellent location and very secure place. Nice people and atmosphere. But If you want to sleep before 3 am it will be a big challenge for you. Street with full of restaurants and shisha clubs with loud music all night. If you love to party and love sleepless nights it is a best place for you. Otherwise try something else.

We stayed at the new backpackers after Gallipoli this year and loved it. Great loaction, lots of restaurants and bars literally at your doorstep and awesome atmosphere along the street. Really close to the blue mosque and tram so very central. We also unfortunately lost some money but the hostel owner was fantastic!! helping us out in every possible way trying to ensure that we had the best time there despite our small misfortune. Would definitely recommend staying here!! =)

• 26th Apr 2013
  • New Zealand

Very very happy with my stay! I really appreciate how the staff were extremely helpful and flexible. The dorm was clean with great atmosphere. The location is amazing! I would go back there the next time come to Istanbul.

In all the times that I've visited Istanbul, I have never had this much of a good time! The owner Hakan is an amazing person who puts 110% in the hostel and truly takes his work to heart! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good time in Istanbul!

Great stay in the teriffic city!

It was nice. The staff are the best in the Hostel

• 10th Apr 2013
  • Colombia

Very good place to stay, we had an all new room at 2d floor with insuite bathroom. The bed was really very good (it's not that usual in this type of hostel) and all was very clean. The hostel is in the heart of Sultanahmet (200m from Blue Mosque). The guy of the hotel (I don't remember his name) is very cool and attentive. Good breakfast, good atmosphere. The only thing I could reproach is that two mornings we didn't have hot water in the shower... But after all, we loved the hostel !

This place is really great! With reference to some of the less favorable comments here I would like to say that the hostel has been under new management since January 2013. The new owner, Hakan, has really made the place beautiful, especially the private rooms. With a nice European bathroom, coffee maker, etc., they might as well be hotel rooms. There is a beautiful open terrace on top with a clear view of Sultanahmet, Ayasofya, and the Bosphorus; it's tough to beat that.

• 22nd Mar 2013