New Backpackers Reviews

Akbiyik caddesi. No:20/1Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Very good hostel. I stayed in a private bedroom with a friend and we found the room very comfortable. The hostel is located upstairs of a restaurant owned by the same people of the hostel and it has great food at reasonable price. The owners are great people very friendly and helpful.We enjoyed very much our stay When we arrived it was a little bit difficult to see the name of the hostel so in the directions to get to it the owners should include the name of the restaurant which is Siva Cafe.

For me ıt was quıte hard to fınd this hostel because there are a lot in that area...but it s near SIVA s restaurant. I like it..good place for sleep and near Sultanahmet square.

The place is really noisy so forget about sleeping. The staff is friendly and the room were clean.

Very nIce staff, excellent location next to the Blue Mosque and on a fun street with a lot of restaurants (a little noisy but okay). The common room is basically a part of a restaurant, WiFi didn't work everywhere. There weren't enough lockers and the 9 bed room was in the basement so no daylight, but less noise. Still I would recommend it and was really happy. I met some nice people there too :)

I really liked this hostel. The staff were really helpful and the location was great. Although, beware about booking anything with the travel-agent across the road from this hostel, they gave me incorrect advice to just about everything I did through them.

The hostel is very good located, short walking distance to main Istanbul attractions. Air Conditioning in the room was a big pro, as I went on summer. Breakfast is also alright. The hostel itself does not offer many facilities, and wifi only works well at the reception.

Great location and atmosphere. The staff help me to feel very comfortable. Food at the hostel's bar is very good as well. I definitely recommend this hostel for enjoying your time in Istanbul

This place is well located on a street full of restaurants and only minutes away from the big sites of The Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia. The room was very clean and had a big couch!

The room in this hostel was very tasteful, clean and with modern finishes. The location is superb, only a few minutes to the old town square and right in the heart of a busy restaurant and shopping district. Above all, the people here are incredibly friendly and will go out of their way to ensure you have what you need and are happy!

Nice location. We stay in a double room what was good. Some problems with the ac (very cold or very hot) and the interner but in general everything was very good.

reserved a night at this hostel for ~5 euro. after the reservation was confirmed, received an email from the hostel saying that the price was incorrect. the actual price is ~45 euro. I am not sure if it was really a pure mistake or an attempt to cheat the customer. Decided to cancel the reservation after having requested to pay more than the published price. I asked for a full refund of the deposit and gave them my bank account number for the direct transfer but nothing is in refunded yet

The host was friendly and warm. Nice spacious rooms with a cosy cafe below. We enjoyed our stay at New Backpackers! We even stayed there two separate times. Great hostel!

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Singapore

Great value for money. Only issue was lack of lockers to put your bags in, plus the dorm is not locked to the rest of the hostel. It's a very small hostel though so this wasn't really an issue for us.

It has very good location, but it's not a place to rest. If you're looking for party, then this is the place, but if not, better don't stay here because it's very loud. Otherwise, staff is friendly, the breakfast is good but repetitive. The location is great and the rooms are nice and clean.

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Ecuador

The place is in a very good position in the centre near the most famous and important attraction. It's a little bit noisy for the restaurant and the music. The room is "old style" but clean. The only problem is little insects in the room probably due to the floorboard.

Clean and basic dorm. Shower and bathrooms were also clean. Could get pretty noisy at night in the dorm, but didnt bother me much. The staff was pretty funny and friendly. Great location for the major sights and worth the money.

Very good place too stay staff were very helpful

• 4th Aug 2013

The room was decent, but two things bothered us: loud noise coming from the street and there were bugs everywhere!

The hostel is nice if you get the right room. We stayed there 6 nights and in our room were little bugs everywhere, the plaster was falling down from the wall to our bed and the electricity went off everytime we turn on the airco-so in the night we had free sauna. Every day they said - tomorrow you get new room, but nothing, till the last day, so our last night was great. The restaurant downstairs in perfect, delicious food - would recommend it, and you have 10% discount if you stay in hostel.

Lovely hostel, the staff especially those in the restaurant were great and were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable with excellent bathroom facilities. Can only say that the second room we were put in was a bit dark and not great for just chilling out in, nor was the WiFi any good at all. However the food in the cafe was fantastic, offering a huge range of European, Turkish and various other dishes. Absolutely delicious. Would recommend both the hostel and cafe!