New Backpackers Reviews

Akbiyik caddesi. No:20/1Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The host was friendly and warm. Nice spacious rooms with a cosy cafe below. We enjoyed our stay at New Backpackers! We even stayed there two separate times. Great hostel!

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Singapore

Great value for money. Only issue was lack of lockers to put your bags in, plus the dorm is not locked to the rest of the hostel. It's a very small hostel though so this wasn't really an issue for us.

It has very good location, but it's not a place to rest. If you're looking for party, then this is the place, but if not, better don't stay here because it's very loud. Otherwise, staff is friendly, the breakfast is good but repetitive. The location is great and the rooms are nice and clean.

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Ecuador

The place is in a very good position in the centre near the most famous and important attraction. It's a little bit noisy for the restaurant and the music. The room is "old style" but clean. The only problem is little insects in the room probably due to the floorboard.

Clean and basic dorm. Shower and bathrooms were also clean. Could get pretty noisy at night in the dorm, but didnt bother me much. The staff was pretty funny and friendly. Great location for the major sights and worth the money.

Very good place too stay staff were very helpful

• 4th Aug 2013

The room was decent, but two things bothered us: loud noise coming from the street and there were bugs everywhere!

The hostel is nice if you get the right room. We stayed there 6 nights and in our room were little bugs everywhere, the plaster was falling down from the wall to our bed and the electricity went off everytime we turn on the airco-so in the night we had free sauna. Every day they said - tomorrow you get new room, but nothing, till the last day, so our last night was great. The restaurant downstairs in perfect, delicious food - would recommend it, and you have 10% discount if you stay in hostel.

Lovely hostel, the staff especially those in the restaurant were great and were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable with excellent bathroom facilities. Can only say that the second room we were put in was a bit dark and not great for just chilling out in, nor was the WiFi any good at all. However the food in the cafe was fantastic, offering a huge range of European, Turkish and various other dishes. Absolutely delicious. Would recommend both the hostel and cafe!

Second time we have stayed here, but we be our last, nice place, good room and an excellent location for sites and restaurants, but the only problem was the staff standing out front almost forcing their guests to eat and drink at their restaurant, we found this incredibly irritating because we just wanted to explore, sleep when returning but being so nice makes them hard to refuse. Although they got angry when we kept refusing them, don't try and force us and maybe you might have got us to stay.

This was my first time to Istanbul and my first time travelling as a solo female. The location and room were excellent. The best thing though was the staff, Hakan

• 12th Jul 2013

nice experience , very happy to stay in new backpackers

A good and affordable hostel with all you need.

Great place to stay and get some rest but also to see the old town site such as the topkapi palace and hagia Sofia. Not much of a hostel but a hotel, although good value overall breaks included, pretty much standard plate but drinks are free so make the most if it.

most staff were nice. Breakfast was minimal.

For budget hostel, I was not expecting much. But even with my least expectation, it still didn't satisfy enough. For example, thing that bothered me so much is its wifii. Of cause for a traveler, internet is vital as to keep in touch with family and friends. For the period I was staying there, it seemed they still not capable to give nice and STABLE connection.

I really have to recommend the New Backpackers Hostel! It is so far the best hostel I’ve ever stayed in. My friend and I spent 5 nights there in June 2013 in a private double bed room. The room was very nice decorated and cozy. It was also very clean. Breakfast was good and enough. The Place is perfect since you can walk to many locations. There is also a nice restaurant beneath with excellent food! To sum up: A great hostel with a very kind staff and absolutely to recommend - German Promise!

• 19th Jun 2013

I spent two nights in June 2013. The location is absolutely excellent that it sits in Sultanahmet where the main scenic spots (e.g.. the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Yerebatan sarnici) are within 5-min walk. It only takes 20mins on foot to reach the boarding place if you want to have the Bosphorus boat tours. What attacked me most is its fantastic atmosphere in the night. While enjoy delicious food and drinks, you may also celebrate your holiday with tourists from all over the world.

• 14th Jun 2013
  • China

Newbackpackers is one of the best hostel İ've stayed in so far. The staff is extremely helpful and kind, its location is ideal, within walking distance to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. They organize awesome activities for guests to get to know each other and guided us through Istanbul nightlife, saving us a great deal of time and money by showing us the best clubs and bars around. Really great memories, I highly recommend this place. Special thanks to HAKAN and MAMİ

• 14th Jun 2013

The hostel is in a great location and the main guy running the show is really helpful, but the hostel is not ideally set up. The 10 bed dorm only has one bathroom and the room gets really hot and stuffy. I stayed 3 nights and never had a decent sleep.