New Cross Inn Hostel Reviews

323 New Cross Road, London, England

Terrible location. Not too much in the area to be honest. Quite a ways from the city center which sucks, especially with the cost of the tube. Bathrooms were pretty disgusting to be honest as well

Everything was dirty, old and rusty. It had really bad mattresses and old, smelly sheets. The kitchen is honestly disgusting, I didn't even want to eat the included breakfast in there. I don't even want to start about the bathrooms... I would never ever stay in this hostel again. It is extremely expensive compared to what you get. It is located on top of a bar with veeery loud music, so it was really hard to get some sleep. I was really disappointed.

• 24th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Overall the stuff was welcoming and we had a good stay. Comparing to the 1st and 2nd we must to admit that the top floor was quiet and silent which was actually good for us. However, the first night and the next morning we had to deal with the cold matter matter, which eventually was sorted the following day. A part form that, we will definitely recommend it to our friend. Regards.

• 14th Mar 2014

You get what you pay. Rooms smelt funny, windows were dirty and were full of grime, beds had very uncorfortable matress. They offered a free continental breakfast, but it was only sliced bread and butter or jam. Kettle was broken, so I had to had only hot milk with the microwave. If there is no other place in London where to stay, I guess this is an option. If you are fussy with cleanliness, do not bother.

Unless your a loud and boisterous group you will not find this hostel to your liking. It's noisy due to its location on top of a pub which regularly hosts live bands. It's bathrooms are a bit grim, which also matches its atmosphere. But it is super close to the underground station and it'll do you well if you just want somewhere to rest your head and try to sleep.

• 12th Aug 2013

great place!

Location is ok, fast overground connection to the city center, but that adds 11 pounds to your bill every day. Some staff members are great, others were less friendly. There is no hostel vibe, people are hardly looking up from their computers in the common room, and no effort is done by the hostel to change this.

Dodgy neighbourhood. Hotel was ok, but not worth the money spent... Was glad my wife wasn't with me because she would hated it.

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Belgium

Hostel is great, just difficult to be on top of a club that is open until 4am!

It was a very friendly place. Everyone was very kind mainly the boy on the reception, he was very friendly and helping. I would recommend the place to other people cause I spent a good time there.

• 31st May 2013
  • Spain

Not bad, however the showers were in desperate need of a deep cleaning.

Cheap place to stay for one or two nights if you're desperate. Staff were friendly and helpful but facilities were disgusting - mainly because guests couldn't clean up after themselves in the shared toilets and bathrooms. Ok place if you're backpacking and want to meet new people but not if you're on holiday want something a little more comfortable. The place is old and run down - wallpaper, tiles, lights and doors were loose and in serious need of replacing.

• 21st May 2013

foarte urat, nu stiu sa vorbeasca cu clientii , mai mult decat atat ,,,,sunt primitivi nu PRIMITORI !!!

• 13th May 2013
  • Romania

I would love to have more options what to eat for breakfast and I recomend them to offer some orange juice or just something to drink in the morning. Although we had great time!

• 1st May 2013
  • Slovenia

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel was in a great location.

• 26th Apr 2013

The hostel isn't very recently built or anything, but it's got a character and if you don't mind a sometimes noisy environment and if you don't mind mattresses, which have obviously been slept on by a lot of people, than this is your hostel!

A little cramped at times, due to its sheer popularity! I hope to stay here again.

I was very satisfied with the facilities and everything esle you provided me with!

• 9th Mar 2013
  • Hungary

There's a bar just under the hostel and therefore it can be quite noisy. We couldn't completly darken the windows, so you should have a light resistent sleep if you want to sleep long... It's just a 3min walk between New Cross and New Cross Gate. Don't expect too much but if you don't want to spend more it's an option to consider.

probably the best hostel we stayed in while we in the uk

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7