New Cross Inn Hostel Reviews

323 New Cross Road, London, England

Enjoyed my stay I felt safe and will come again

• 14th Aug 2015

We had trouble sleeping because of the level of noise from the pub and its drunken guests. Our room was vibrating from the bass from the live music, and a single-glazed window next to the pub's entrance was not enough to block the noise.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Finland

The hostel is all in all in the average. Nice quiet atmosphere. Internet connection was terrible for all my stay there and nowadays having a good WiFi in an hostel is not anymore a added value, it's a must. Few issues with bathrooms: all the toilets flash just half tank and you have keep flashing over and over to see your waste cleared and almost all the showers have issue with adjusting the right water temperature. Considering that, comparing with other Londoner hostels, it's too pricey

The receptionist gave me an update to a room with less beds. That was nice. The hostel is very shoddy and it is impossible to sleep because the main road is running next to it. The hostel is basically rooms with beds above a pub. Very noisy, but you can get free towels!

The staff (Daniel) is very friendly. Other than the noise (from the pub downstairs) everything else is top notch!

It was not so bad hostel. When I arrived I got an update for my room so I got 4 bed rooms not 8. The staff there is excellent, they can help you with all your problems. Otherwise, there is a rule in reception that it possible to live in this hostel no more than 2 weeks but there are a lot of people who stay there longer and they are not really happy to see you in "their"room. Also, the rule about age (from18-35) is not working there. I don't really understand why you has this rule

It's all cool God stay we were in and out great location film site was very close! Work

• 10th Mar 2015

Direction should be wrote in more detailed as the hostel is located between "New Cross Gate Station" & "New Cross Station", one should be turn left and one should be turn right after got out of the exit. Shower room not very clean as mould is found along the bathtub. Staff are very nice. Reasonable price.

The bathrooms were so mouldy its a health hazard! It was Discusting. Bedrooms also were Mouldy! Rooms Bedroom sheets seemed clean (thankgod). The whole place was dirty, defiantly needed a good clean.

• 11th Oct 2014

Don't stay in this hostel if you intend to sleep! The bedrooms are located on top of bar that plays very loud music until past midnight... In fact, so loud that the bunker beds vibrate!! Besides, the windows are not double-glazed so you can hear all the noise from the traffic and the people passing on the street all the time. The mattresses are quite old, so you can feel all the springs popping out. The bedsheets and the toilets were clean, though. Too far from Central London.

Terrible location. Not too much in the area to be honest. Quite a ways from the city center which sucks, especially with the cost of the tube. Bathrooms were pretty disgusting to be honest as well

Everything was dirty, old and rusty. It had really bad mattresses and old, smelly sheets. The kitchen is honestly disgusting, I didn't even want to eat the included breakfast in there. I don't even want to start about the bathrooms... I would never ever stay in this hostel again. It is extremely expensive compared to what you get. It is located on top of a bar with veeery loud music, so it was really hard to get some sleep. I was really disappointed.

• 24th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Overall the stuff was welcoming and we had a good stay. Comparing to the 1st and 2nd we must to admit that the top floor was quiet and silent which was actually good for us. However, the first night and the next morning we had to deal with the cold matter matter, which eventually was sorted the following day. A part form that, we will definitely recommend it to our friend. Regards.

• 14th Mar 2014

You get what you pay. Rooms smelt funny, windows were dirty and were full of grime, beds had very uncorfortable matress. They offered a free continental breakfast, but it was only sliced bread and butter or jam. Kettle was broken, so I had to had only hot milk with the microwave. If there is no other place in London where to stay, I guess this is an option. If you are fussy with cleanliness, do not bother.

Unless your a loud and boisterous group you will not find this hostel to your liking. It's noisy due to its location on top of a pub which regularly hosts live bands. It's bathrooms are a bit grim, which also matches its atmosphere. But it is super close to the underground station and it'll do you well if you just want somewhere to rest your head and try to sleep.

• 12th Aug 2013

great place!

Location is ok, fast overground connection to the city center, but that adds 11 pounds to your bill every day. Some staff members are great, others were less friendly. There is no hostel vibe, people are hardly looking up from their computers in the common room, and no effort is done by the hostel to change this.

Dodgy neighbourhood. Hotel was ok, but not worth the money spent... Was glad my wife wasn't with me because she would hated it.

• 6th Jul 2013
  • Belgium

Hostel is great, just difficult to be on top of a club that is open until 4am!

It was a very friendly place. Everyone was very kind mainly the boy on the reception, he was very friendly and helping. I would recommend the place to other people cause I spent a good time there.

• 31st May 2013