New Generation Hostel Urban Brera Reviews

via Renzo Bertoni, 3, Milan, Italy

Facilities are very old, smell badly, the bathroom sinks in water after showers, the fridge on the room was not working and there's no fridge in the kitchen, so basically if you buy milk or cream cheese or anything that needs to be stored in the fridge spoils. The cooker stopped working in our last day, and we'd bought things to cook, so we had to throw them and order pizza. At least the reception guy was kind enough to call a pizza for us. Very low value for money.

the staff wasn't very helpful, they didn't give us a map (even though later I saw them giving out, but only when asked), furthermore we had lots of luggage but they didn't offer any help at all, in fact they gave us the sheets and pillow as even more stuff to carry alone. You can say this is normal, but I've never seen such attitude from hostel staffs. Moreover the shower was TERRIBLE, the water was only midly warm in Milan's 5C winter, which made it impossible to some people to take a shower.

It's a good hostel, they have a good kitchen available for use. There isn't a bar in the hostel, I didn't meet so many people there besides the people in my shared bedroom. So atmosphere is not very good. The bathroom's door in my room wasn't locking and the water isn't hot enough for a good shower. The location is good.

Hostel about halfway between train station and the city center, good location! Good rooms, comfortable beds, big locker in room. Overall I was very pleased with my stay here!

• 19th Dec 2015

Friendly staff, good and stable wi-fi connection, spacious comfortable bed and just less than two minutes by feet from the boats station to get to St Mark's Square and other attractions.

• 15th Dec 2015
  • Peru

Bad smell at room. Somebody had occupied my bed with their stuff when I arrived at 3 am in the morning. Not clean enough. The best was the location.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Colombia

Everything goo!

Pretty basic hostel, I found what I red in the description, the place is close to the city center, I could walk everywhere; the staff and the atmosphere was disappointing, not the best spot to meet people!

Generally, it was OK, but there's a lot of space for improvement. Rooms were clean, but there was no night stand or anything like that. The beds were scary. I had to sleep at the upper bed and it was open on the both sides, so if I tried to turn in it I could fall down. That makes sleeping really stressful! The kitchen was not so well equipped. For example, there was no kettle or bowls, or even a toaster, as far as I remember. Bathrooms are nice and clean and the Internet connection is good.

Had a good rest and the place was nicely decorated. would stay again if i am ever back.

I wasnt able to stay with this hostel because I had to take an earlier flight and when I tried to cancel they refused to reply to me. I sent multiple emails and tried to call with what little service I had but they charged me anyways.

• 14th Nov 2015

Pros: Really helpful and cheerful staff at the reception. Our room was spacious and sunny. Cons: No toiletries in the washroom -- you can buy them. Same for towels -- they have to be rented. Worst -- you have to pay 4€/day to store the baggage with them after checkout.

very clean hostel, professional staff, good localisation

Dirty and smelly bathroom in my room. Staff very unprofessional - played loud music at the reception the whole night. Very impersonal atmosphere - but perhaps that is what being new generation means....

The room was great, but the bathroom in the room weren't clean when I got there, but they clean it after.

We stayed at this hostel for 2 nights when we visited EXPO 2015. The entrance is in a small, sketchy side-street, but having said that, the location is excellent. Just a few minutes from the next metro station and in the middle between central station and Duomo. Our room was clean and very spacious with high ceilings. The lockers are huge and there's a fairly big common area as well. Sheets and pillows are provided, literally everything else is for sale/rent at reception.