New Generation Hostel Urban Città Studi Reviews

Via Ponzio 75, Milan, Italy

The staff were very rude. The maintenance man burst into my room at 10 am without knocking while I was getting changed. Luckily I was behind mmy bunk. I stuck my head out and he just looked at me frowned and walked into the adjoining room. When I mentioned to a staff member that my room was very cold and that the heaters weren't on (3 people in the room were using their towels as blankets they were so cold) he just said "its winter its cold". I also had 20 euro of food stolen from the fridge.

Directions are needed on confirmation e-mails. The hostel was very clean and tidy, the staff were not overly helpful regarding tips about tourist attractions. And the location wasnt all they made out, however it is just a few stops away on the metro. The place was relaxing and had plenty of common areas. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

My staying there was good. The room we stayed in the first day had a broken heated, however the staff helped us a lot and put us in an occupied room in the next day. We don't have anything to complain about that. Although the location is not the best, it is not so far from the city center and the public transport is very accessible. The room is very clean and the hostel is indicated for those who like to party.

This was probably the weirdest hostel I have ever stayed at. Nothing was extremely bad - the bathrooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the location was decent (the metro stop is not even 5 minutes walking). I think what threw me off is there is no age restriction for the building. In my room was myself (22 yrs female), a older man in his 60s, a younger boy around 10, plus some other people in between. In all the place was secure and the price was decent, so I can't complain too much.

One of the most horrible places ever. The staff were so unpleasant. One of the guys (an old one) just refuse to take my check in and I had to walk across the squares during four hours. The common area was so boring, very lonely and the chairs were unconfortable. So expensive. Hope never come back to Milano with those kind of circunstances.

• 12th Jan 2016
  • Colombia

I just spent a night in yhe hostel but it was really good and comfortable, the most important clean!

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Chile

The hostel lacks any atmosphere as the common area is simply a few chairs and a foosball table in the corridor. It's also not a great location as it is a 10 min walk to metro, far from any supermarkets and only a handful of eating places that I found were not of good quality.

Since it was winter, there were no heather sometimes düring the night, and the kitchen was very poor.

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Colombia

Milan at 2oC and no heater that was I found there. I asked the reception staff to turn on the heater and this guy told me that the only thing he could do was give me an extra blanket. The room was freezing cold and I could sleep because was using my sleeping bag, but a girl who was in the same room than me couldn’t sleep at all. The kitchen has limited goods and was completely dirty. There are some game tables but you have to pay for using it. They can keep your luggage there but charge you for

Is located far from the city centre. The 8 people room are actually two rooms with two bathrooms, conected by a door. We went on December and the heater didn't work well, so we were cold the whole night. The heater of the next room didn't work at all. Is a student residence, so there's nobody on new year's eve, very boring. We arrived before check in and they charged us to leave our baggage, and they don't have even a couch to sit. Considering this, 20 euros per bed plus city taxes is expensive.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Argentina

They have a lot of facilities, but the most part you have to pay 2 or 3 €. Like towels, soaps, hairdryer, tableware to use in the kitchen. The refrigerator in the bedroom wasn't working, room 201. The beds are bunk beds, and they shake a little.

Good value for money, the staff was very friendly n allowed an check in which was very useful for us. The cleanliness is average. The bathrooms could have been cleaned regularly

Outside city centre but transport is easy.. Great rooms but not enough blankets given it was freezing. Try the pizza from the shop near Lambrate FS tube station, super cheap and very tasty..

Well remember that there are two hostels of same name in milan. One is in downtown and the other is this which is kinda far from center near the university. Due to its far location I haven't seen many travellers staying in this hostel but overall this hostel staff is cool and has good facilities. And there is nothing too bad or good about this hostel .

It was freezing inside the hostel, the heating is not good

The room size itself is massive which is awesome, but the top bunk doesn't have any railings to keep one up there so you may fall while you're asleep when up there. Bathrooms could use a upgrade but it was awesome that they were in the room. Kitchen is a bust you have to buy pots and pans and plates forks knives etc unless you bring your own.

I had a great time in ngh. All the facilities provided and the big common places were a great opportunity to interact with people from other places. The staff wad open to solve any possi le problem i could have and yo guide my stay in Milán

The location of the hostel is very good. You can get to the cathedral if you change for another subway once. I booked a bed for three nights in a 4-bed dorm and then later a bed for one night in a 16-bed dorm but I could stay in a 4-bed dorm (I paid the difference).You have an own locker. I found only two plates and two knifes in the kitchen, you have to bring your own plate and cutlery or you can buy plastic ones at the reception. Guests have to clean the pots but they usually don’t do therefor

• 30th Nov 2015
  • Hungary

Everything as described, kind staff, helpful when needed, clean facilities.

Really nice hostel for the accommodation. Nice dorms, though ot got cold during the night even with the wool blanket. Facilities nice, though there were no papertowel nor light or locks in the bathroom (?). Wi-fi really good and staff friendly!