New Generation Hostel Urban Città Studi Reviews

Via Ponzio 75, Milan, Italy

If I were only staying one night it would have been ok but three nights made the bad things show through. The kitchen looks like people have been living in it for months, bathrooms don't have soap or paper towels and the doors don't really close, it would be nice to have some sort of hooks in the showers. They are small and then nowhere to put my things. Wifi went in and out and the electricity in my dorm even went out for a bit. For the price they could do more. Alex at the desk was very nice!

I booked standard 18 bed so imagine my surprise walking into a nice room with 2 bunks (4 beds)! It was clean & there were lockers in the room (key is provided). Huge hostel w/ lots of room to chill. Kitchen/dining area is a good size. Helpful staff. Utensils €3. 3-5 min walk to the metro station. €10 to Centrale train station. The only iffy thing was that toilets didn't exactly have a lock (but I never had any issues) and blankets were thin. Overall great hostel, would recommend!

Rooms were good, spacious and you had some privacy. Kitchen facilities were very limited. But place was very clean and staff were nice and helpful.

• 23rd May 2015
  • New Zealand

A good place to stay. Only one shop was close to the hostel (about 6-7min away). The only negative thing was that breakfast was not included.

A okey hostel. Some people from the staff were really nice and helpful while others weren't. I'm not sure if anyone cleaned our room during our stay (2 nights). At least they didn't empty the full rubbish bin. Okay distance to the city centre, okay atmosphere and okay prices. It was okay but nothing more. (Great wi-fi though from time to time)

Atmosphere wasn't fantastic, I think I only saw like 5 or so people in my whole stay there. Location is poor, you have to take the metro to be anywhere decent. The staff were on occasion demeaning but did slowly improve. The rooms were okay, good for the price.

It's like a hotel to have 2 bathrooms in a 4-person en-suite room Price very attractive in the period of Expo 2015

Amazing! loved the location and the hostel set up was ace.

Excellent hostel in regards to value for money. Good facilities available during my stay. Was really helpful having a power socket located by the bed. Staff seemed approachable and the ones i did talk to were helpful and friendly. Location isn't the best but not the worst either. There are plenty of trams and metro stations around milan to get by. Nearest metro station is just under 10 mins walk, plus there is a supermarket near the station. Dorm was very confortable to stay in.

More than a hostel it looks like a hotel! I fould showers so clean, and well working, as if they were private, and all the structure was really clean and tidy. Good oportunity to save your belongings thanks to lockers. I was in a shared room of 6 bed, large e clean. Obviously it was a little bit noisy but people were respectous and a little more for the traffic noise it came in by window. The only one bad point is represented by broken lockers of toilets. Anyway, one of the best ever vivited.

• 14th Apr 2015

This was actually a really nice place to stay. Good wifi, a kitchen area, a dinning room area, and clean rooms. I was supposed to have an 18 person room and arrived to be put in a 4 bedroom (thankfully!). The top bunks don't have rails but each bed has its own outlet. Shared bathrooms with not a lot of changing space (small stalls/no shower cubbies) but clean and very nice. I would recommend this stay!

My friend and I stayed for 2 days. While not dead central, it is very close to the metro so very easy to get around. The rooms themselves weren't bad at all. Each bed has an individual outlet and light as well as a shelf. There are lockers in the rooms and you don't need to bring your own lock. The only weird thing was that there was no soap in the bathroom for even washing your hands or towels to dry them afterwards. The staff was not extremely outgoing but helpful if you needed them.

Good hostel for the price. Nice large lockers in the dorms to lock up your stuff and comfortable bunk beds. In our 6 person dorm, there were 2 ensuite bathrooms both with showers and toilets which was very convenient compared to some other hostels I've stayed in! Just be sure to bring your own towel because they charge 5 euros for towel rental.

I found the staff at reception could be rude, unless you hung out by the computers for awhile and became friendly with them. The place was clean, close to metro or a 45 minute walk to city centre. Best pillow I have slept on in the past 7 weeks of traveling, however I was on the top bunk and there was no railings on either side and I was scared of falling off. Also the mattress was springy and not very comfortable. The kitchen only has a stovetop and few cooking utensils. Lots of fees (printing)

The customer is seen as an ATM living. EVERYTHING you pay. Anything, even the basics. There is a list price that starts from the forks, to change sheets, up to the rules, where there also (of course) there are fees for those who transgress. Rules to limit the paradox, type delay check out even a few minutes? 30 euro! They have no idea what it means in the concept of "Hospitality".

• 25th Feb 2015

Very good hostel! Everything is perfect, except maybe for the bunk bed without anything to prevent someone from falling.

It's a decent hostel with a good location (it takes only 5 minutes to the nearest metro stop, which takes you to the city center). The hostel lacks some hostel flair, in fact it reminds you more of a youth hostel. If you want to save 5 euro for a towel or 3 euro for a hairdryer you should bring your own stuff. Also the kitchen is not very well equipped.All in all you get what you pay for.

The staff don't really make an effort to help you a lot if you don't speak italian, other than that, everything, from size, security, and cleanliness is just fine; not great but nor bad as well... It is close to the station as well so I think it's worth the price though.

It is probably the best hostel I've ever been to. And if one day I come back to Milan, I will definitely stay there. However the staff at the reception is a real joke. There's a 24 hour reception which is pretty cool but the staff isn't helpful at all. They don't want to help you and show it. The morning receptionist contrasted with the others as he was very polite and always checked if we were ok. I would recommend 100% as you book a room/a bed not the reception

We stayed two nights, pretty average. Bunks are sort of odd (the top one needs a guardrail or something. Very easy to fall off and little privacy) and the directions are terrible on foot!! Print map out for easy arrival.