New Generation Hostel Urban Reviews

Via Ponzio 75, Milan, Italy

There's no handsoap in the bathroom, for for to wash your hands and the only air conditioning is in the lobby by the front desk. NOT in the rooms. It's a really weird hostel, sterile and not very friendly. The common area/kitchen is weird. This was my least favorite hostel I've we've stayed at, with the least friendly staff. And the inside of the hostel is very, penitentry like. The only good thing, was the huge lockers you get in your room, can actually fit your suitcase in it.

Fab new hostel with funky history. Short stroll to metro line. Staff were outstanding with service. Only downfall was that the kitchen was not well equipped for cooking and someone kept stealing our food.

Great hostel. Fantastic facilities and everything was spotless. There is a plug per bed which is rare, and lockers in the rooms for your stuff which is handy. My only criticism is that they ask for a €40 deposit when you check-in. You get it back but could catch you out. Plus cash points seemed few and far between in that area of Milan. If you get a chance, stay in this hostel.

The kitchen is empty! 3 plates and two knives, that's all we found. Also you have to pay for everything, and there are rules for everything. Staff is nice, place is clean but very basic, area is really nice!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Everything was super! Staff was helpfull! Restaurants and foodstores nearby, the metrostation is not far away, lockers in the rooms, we had two showers in our room which we shared on 6 people. The hostel seemed new and everything was clean! 24h reception. Great value for money !

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Finland

İt was clean, staff was ok, location was ok, nothing negative. I could recommend it

The reception staff were either rude or completely incapable of answering any questions relating to the city. No help whatsoever! To leave luggage before or after check in costs €4 per item which is ridiculous. The place seems huge with absolutely no atmosphere. If you are a solo traveller you will struggle to meet people. The only bonus is that it's situated between 2 metro stops.

Was really just a place to sleep and use the internet (which was not perfect but ok). Atmosphere was limited, but dd have a room where you could meet others, so not too bad. I would stay again. No breakfast, but café just outside and 30 metres to the left was great. The shower was tiny, I couldn't bend over in it. Loved the singing cleaner though : ) Didn't stay in any other hostels in Milan, but I gathered that as far as hostels go, this one was probably pretty good value for money

I like this hostel. Best value for the money! Very quiet neighborhood. I was upgraded to a room free of charge. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It is like a hotel room. The only thing I don't like is the upper bunk bed has no side rails. Kinda scary that I might wake up having fallen on the floor. Locks in the lockers are useless. Too bad coz the lockers are huge which is a plus. They just need to make sure thay they lock alright!

The one thing that annoyed us during our stay was that my friend didn't receive a locker. I booked the beds with one other friend and was told that they didn't have a key to her locker and that we would have to share the same locker. It was completely unprofessional. And the worst part was that when we talked to them about fixing the problem, the staff member acted like it wasn't his problem and wouldn't even apologize. Super rude.

• 28th Jun 2014

I was dreading this hostel after all the horrible reviews, but it was completely fine. Not terribly close to the centre, but the metro only take ten minutes, or a half an hour walk. It was immaculately clean, and the four bedroom dorms are divided into two rooms, so you share a bathroom with only one other person. You have to pay for plates/cutlery, which is super annoying and meant I didn't cook there. It's a nice place, though, and I would definitely recommend it!

good facilities, small shower, luggage storage costs extra. Not much in surrounding area but easy walk to metro. Does the job.

It was a nice clean hostel, with nice decor. They charged way to much if you wanted to buy a towel/cutlery/etc and there wasn't any area to be social really that was used. So it was hard to make friends in the hostel. The staff were rather nice enough though. The bathroom was super clean, but the kitchen was a little gross.

Mature organized adults run this hostel. You won't have a care in the world. We stayed in the double. It was just like a hotel room. Breakfast was great. Variety of fresh fruit, meat, breads, cheeses, drinks like coffee tea juices and cocoa. Well worth the cost of 7 euros. Pricey cab ride to airport. Fast and wild driving cabbie. Get to airport 2 hours early. It's a disordered madhouse!

All the extra charges and deposited and warnings when we arrived, left us ready to be squeezed for every euro we had. It didn't happen, but our first impression was soured as a result. The place felt stuffy and uptight, and ruined any chance of a social atmosphere.

Otherwise I had a really wonderful stay, but the common kitchen was really dirty and I noticed some rotten food in the fridge and cupboards. Nothing else to complain!

Nice hostel, clean and perfect location (close to metro that brings you soon anywhere). Neighbourhood is also okay, what for a girl travelling alone is also important. The guy at receptiondesk is very helpfull and speaks English. If you have the girl, that's another story... The atmosphere was not great, but that also depends on the people staying at the moment I believe (open or closed, travelling alone or not...). But for it's money, perfect!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

I was only there for an evening, but I felt less welcomed here than most other hostels I've visited. I appreciated that your facilities were open late, but I did not get much more out of your facilities other than that.

This hostel is just fine apart from two things. A: the sheer amount of rules which can incurr a fine. B: You have to pay 4 euros for cutlery. Other than that the hostel is fine; nice staff, very clean, solid bunks.

Location is okay, need to take a subway to get anywhere to the main areas of Milan and subways don't run past midnight, making it difficult to experience nightlife without having to pay for a taxi. Staff was rude and very unhelpful. AC did not work, it was extremely hot and there were mosquitos in the room even though windows were closed. There was a cockroach in the room!!!

• 9th Jun 2014