New Generation Hostel Urban Reviews

Via Ponzio 75, Milan, Italy

The security deposit for the key is 20 euros & u can't even pay it in cash. Not much atmosphere in the evening as the common area is quite small

The decoration and the atmosphere were very very good and we felt special. Nearly all other things apart from the pillows and sheets were extra charge, which was a little bit bad. But our room had 3 baths so we were very satisfied with our stay. Its location was also good, near to two metro stations , walking distance. All in all we would strongly recommend and prefer it again :)

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

very nice stay this time. Check in takes longer and is more complicatet than necessary. otherwise perfect rooms. Top beds should have a barrier. Nice hostel.

Rooms are really good.Really clean. Free wifi good. Only downsides are paying for cups eand quite a few extras if you want to cook, bit far away if walking to city centre, no normal charge points other than in communal areas.

Very poor. Cockroach in our room. No lock on our bathroom. Most staff seemed very irritated by our presence. Beds arent very good, especially if you are on the top bunk. There is no games room even though it is listed in there facilities. They also charge for things that are free in most hostels eg luggage storage.

rooms are very nice, bathrooms aren´t. No shower curtain, often no Chance to lock the room. Very very small common bathrooms (not ensuite), nowhere to hang or put your stuff. Rooms are great with wifi, bedsidelamp, big lockers and enough space. Locationis a bit outside of everything but ok with 5 min walk to the Metro.

Good hostel, friendly staff and clean rooms. Only think was the lack of a lock on the ensuite door.

Nice, clean, spacey rooms with comfortable beds. Multiple power sockets. Bigggg lockers. I fit my suitcase in there. Roomy bathroom. Good kitchen facilities. There was an elevator!! So happy. 4 minute walk to the closest metro (Piola). Would stay here again.

The rooms were all spotless, and it has a cool lay back atmosphere.

We almost had a shocking experience with New Generation Hostel ("NGH") but luckily was resolved. NGH tried double charging me for my booking. I had to initially pay again for my booking (despite my pleas that it had been paid and proof on my bank statement) however I resolved it (after some delay in the morning meaning missing an hours worth of sight seeing etc) as it turned out they had charged me a month before for a "no show". Lucky it was sorted as the hostel was very pleasant.

This place is just weird. Terrible location well outside the city centre. The whole building is old and the beds and rooms are in dire need of an update. What really bugged me about this place though was that terrible excuse for a kitchen. A fridge that doesn't keep things cold and full of mouldy groceries, cutlery consisting of 1 fork, a few spoons and one knife. There were about three plates, one bowl, one mug and strange assortment of half damaged pots and pans. No kettle, no toaster. Weird.

This hostel is very modern with a pretty bizarre theme. Rooms were large and beds were comfy. Our 12 bed room was split into two sections giving it more of a 6 bed room feel. Kitchen facilities were absolutely terrible. You could pay for plastic cutlery, but as this is ridiculous everyone attempted to scrape by with the one singular fork left in the kitchen and two plates. The hostel is located close to the metro which is useful. Would stay again but eat out..

The hostel was nice, as well as the location near the subway. There are only a few things of note: - The check-in was unnecessarily complicated: I had to fill many forms of mostly useless information - twice. Make it one simple form without all that useless nonsense. - Better guiding or advice with the city, or at least a city map available at the reception would be great. - There was no knife in the kitchen, I had to go buy one in a supermarket. - Suggestion:Breakfast would be a great plus!

I like this hostel. Very clean and big. And sleep very comfortable. Look like a hotel. Perfect. :)

I think the top beds can seem a bit hazardous because of no surrounding rail.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Greece

The kitchen here is terrible, it was dirty and didn't have any utensils to use. There was also a ridiculous deposit you have to pay on arrival that they do not mention until you get there. Otherwise Internet worked well, our room was clean and basically private when we had paid for a shared.

Good hostel. It only lacked a common room with fun activities.

Do not visit this hostel; staff are not helpful, location is awful and they threaten to charge you for anything.

There's no handsoap in the bathroom, for for to wash your hands and the only air conditioning is in the lobby by the front desk. NOT in the rooms. It's a really weird hostel, sterile and not very friendly. The common area/kitchen is weird. This was my least favorite hostel I've we've stayed at, with the least friendly staff. And the inside of the hostel is very, penitentry like. The only good thing, was the huge lockers you get in your room, can actually fit your suitcase in it.

Fab new hostel with funky history. Short stroll to metro line. Staff were outstanding with service. Only downfall was that the kitchen was not well equipped for cooking and someone kept stealing our food.

« first « Prev 1 2 3