New Hostel Florence Reviews

Via Iacopo Peri, 3, Florence, Italy

Nice hostel, clean and comfortable. Location is good because Firenze is small but it is not in the centre. The common area is ok, you can meet people there but they close it just after midnight because the neighbours complain. We were robbed in the rooms...

• 16th Aug 2014
  • mochiassis
  • Argentina

Least clean hostel I've stayed at (after three months of budget accommodation) strange smells and could hardly see in the bathroom due to dim light. No lockers and kitchen was pretty dirty. Strange tenants from building hanging around door. Would not pay that much for these facilities. Nice staff though!

人が多いとwifiがつながらない。 概ね快適に過ごせました。

This hostel is run by the most friendliest staff I have ever met! The atmosphere is great and it is only a short walk from the main station. However, I stayed in the room across the main hostel which only had one shower for approximately 5 rooms.

Durung my four night stay in this hostel, the toilet in the room was broken for three night. Staff is not helpful. They argue with me when I looking for print help. The biggest problem is, the building I live has no security. Nobody keep the main door and it is always open (also court yard). If somebody want to come into the room from the window it is possible. There is no AC and Wifi in the room.

No problems other than NO air conditioning when promised, when asked told would be given a fan... Didnt happen! Then asked again and told to grab one closest! Otherwise, no problems and staff generally nice! Short fifteen min walk to most things :)

Rooms were not that clean and bathroom was tiny. Staff seemed a bit abrupt. Beds were comfortable. Close to SMN station.

Great environment. Very helpful staff.

The staff is fun and friendly. The dorms are like little apartments, ours was a duplex and it also had another little private room. There was a little balcony wich was nice.There were two bathrooms wich was enough for a 8 bed dorm. Unfortunately there were two problems in one bathroom, the shower didn't drain very well so the water acumulated and the flush was defective so it was often wasting water.

Best part about this hostel was how social it was. Matt, the big welsh bloke, put on a great pub crawl. Met some pretty good cunts. Where it fell short short was the night bloke working reception. Needed to pull his head in. Would come back from the crawl, sit outside for a quite yarn and a smoke and he'd start kicking off. Overall, had a great time.

• 29th Jul 2014

Me and my friends had a great stay at New Ostel, we got a room with 4 beds and our own bathroom! We even had a small lounge before the room and access to the garden (it would have been perfect if the staff had told us the gardeners would use our 'corridor' in the morning but except from this little surprise, it was great!).

• 27th Jul 2014

Great localization, really close to train station and short walk from city's historical center. No wifi inside the rooms, which i fortunally didn't need but is important. The common area should be open until later, because it has a nice terrace and nice place to know new people. I had a great time in Florence, and this hostel was woth the money I spent

Great place, extremely close to train station.

Just ok. The rooms are in an annoying area away from the building where the common area is. The man who greeted me at reception initially was unfriendly and unhelpful when I wanted to alter my booking. I was amazed that he seemed unable to change my booking from his computer! The rooms are ok, but no wifi access in them. No hand soap either which is very irritating and very unhygienic! Good location: right near the train station and a 10-15 min walk to the duomo.

The main receptionist man had zero people skills, he tried to charge me too much and then gave me too little change back, the shower come with a squeegee because the water trends to go everywhere on the bathroom. It did feel safe, lockers were available, other staff seemed kind, but overall I did not enjoy the atmosphere.

• 21st Jul 2014

The staff wasnt that welcoming and helpful than i could have been. We were happy to get our own double room inside a dorm for 6 persons.

Good atmosphere, good communal areas, lovely clean comfy rooms, friendly staff, close to the centre of town - good location, good price, we enjoyed our stay here

The guy who checked me in (apparently the owner) was very rude. I asked about extending (not because it was good, but just not to move) and he said "I'll tell you tomorrow morning". He threw the money back at me when he didn't have change. The room wasn't very clean, the bathroom smelled like sewer and flooded. The floor of my room was dirty. The common area didn't have the right vibe. When the wifi was working, it only did so in the common area.

The hostel was as described, communal facilities weren't that great but it's the people who you are with that makes it!

• 11th Jul 2014

Nice hostel if you're a not looking for a lots of facilities and the staff is a bit nonchalant. Nice terrace near the reception but close at 23:30. Rooms are ok but wi-fi don't works in the other hostel building and when too many person try to connect.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4