New Hostel Florence Reviews

Via Iacopo Peri, 3, Florence, Italy

Facilities were surprisingly good I found, and were in an apartment across the street from reception. Location is about 15-20min walk to main attractions. Dorm ensuite bathrooms were fine by hostel standards. The use of old-style keys was frustrating and sometime made unlocking doors a frustrating task. Beds were the most comfortable I think I've stayed in! The one staff member was often not present which was difficult and often didn't have enough change.

The rooms were large and there was plenty of room. We had a 4 bed room and it was perfect for us. The kets were a bit of a pain but we managed and the directions were a bit confusing, but the hostel itself was great. We were there in the low season, so not much going on, but a great place to crash at night.

Good hostel. Our room was across the street in a separate building where it was quite loud but that didn't really bother me at all. A little far of a walk to many of the attractions but not bad. Good stay!

• 17th Jan 2015

フリーコーヒーと紅茶があったところがよかった。日本人のスタッフがいるみたいですが、一泊だったので会ってません。シャワーを強く閉めても少し出てくるのでシャワールームの床がビタビタでした。駅からも迷わず行けました。

Just an average stay. The room was actually pretty clean though. Can't say the same for the bathroom but what do you expect for these kinds of places. Also the key was extremely hard to use. Could not get the room to open for the life of me. The area around the hostel seems really sketchy at night so watch out

Staff that didn't really help out, bathrooms that were not clean and a really boring atmosphere. Good to stay for 1 night if you need a bed to sleep since it's close to the station.

You have to ask for hot water

• 29th Dec 2014

Nice hostel, near to the station.

Staff helpful, good location near the train station, the room was good and the bathroom also. Nothing to complaim. They don't have a stove, but have a microwave and a mini oven, and the wifi works good near the reception, not in the rooms.

• 28th Nov 2014

We booked a room with a bathroom, but, when we started using the toilet, it started leaking. We asked the front desk to fix it (because gross), and they sent someone up. After waiting an hour the guy proclaimed it "Not perfect but functional." I'm not sure what he meant by functional, because it was near impossible to flush the toilet and, when it did, it still leaked. When I told them again, they gave some excuse about how the guy wasn't a plumber but wouldn't reimburse us or even apologize.

Absolutely disgusting. The water in the bathroom would leak all over the floor in the room, which probably hasn't been mopped in years. We were there in November, meaning it's cold in florence, and the guy at the front desk said they don't turn the heater on until the hours of 9pm-8am. Funny though, I woke up at 7 cause I was freezing and the heater was off. CHEAP ASSES. Kitchen down stairs was disgusting. Charged 2 euros for towels to borrow (every other hostel I've stayed at is 1). Rude staff.

• 21st Nov 2014

The staff have an attitude problem

very close to the train station which is convenient. Nice rooms, mine had at attached bathroom, towels were not provided but the bathroom and rooms were clean. Staff wasn't very friendly, but overall good experience. Great for a one night quick stay

Can't see at night enough nice things about this place. My original flight from Zürich got canceled last minute and I had to fly from Paris in Florence. The staff was very accommodating pushing my reservation day earlier. The Wi-Fi in the lobby is very good but in the rooms it's very weak. The best-selling can about this place in room 16 the shower was super hot and I enjoyed that. Scalding hot. The bunkbeds were comfortable and that was a very low noise so you got a good sleep.

i liked the fact that the dorm had an ensuite bathroom and mosquito repellent. however it didn't feel like a hostel and the staff weren't very helpful or friendly.

Great proximity to the train station, easy walking to the main attractions. No kitchen (except microwave and fridge) but there is free coffee and tea. Wifi worked well in the common area

I am a solo traveler and I would not recommend this hostel to other solo travelers. There was no conversation amongst other travelers and no social experience. I think the community aspect of a hostel is most important, and this had none of that. The location is not far from the train, about an 8 min walk, but it is on the opposite side of the city center so take that into consideration. Good for a night, not good for a week.

• 26th Oct 2014

The hostel is ok clean facilities and great location except they have kitchen but no stove overall is ok

Where to begin. Hostel located next to train tracks. Rooms are very spread out. My room was around the corner. The building that i was assigned was in a bad. The door wide open becasue it couldn't be closed since the door was falling off the hinges. Oh and Bed bugs. Very poor common area. expect difficulty connecting to wifi one you arrive. I would unprofessional staff. they spend their time with folks that partically live there which is very strange. not the place for solo travelers.

If you're looking for value for a small amount of money, this is an acceptable option.

« first « Prev 1 2 3