New Hostel Florence Reviews

Via Iacopo Peri, 3, Florence, Italy

The two staff stars go to Monica, who was awesome. Everyone else was overbearing and rude. You can't hang out in the lounge after 11:30 pm. You can't hang out on the balcony after 10:30pm, but they wouldn't let us up after like 8. And we couldn't hang out in our rooms, even if there weren't other people there. It would've been fun if they hadn't been parenting us. No one complained about our "noise" but they heard the staff shushing us. Rooms were decent, bathrooms were clean, location was ok.

Good but a little far from the historic centre

no wifi in the room. no kitchen to cook too. location is good, just 10 mins walk from the central station. the hostelworld booking told me the pric includes taxes, but i was charged additional city tax when i checked in. its the same in rome and venice.

The location is good and easy to find. The staffs are nice and helpful. The only thing we don't like is that no wifi in the room.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The room we had was large and the beds were comfortable, but the room had a lingering smell of vomit the entire time. The common area also smelled weird and was a sort of beat up and run down. The WiFi was very spotty, and could only really be used in the smell smelly common room. It's not a far walk from the train station (10 minutes) but it is about 20 minutes all the sights in Florence.

• 13th Jun 2015

a big hostel located a short walk from the central station, large rooms and clean beds and a big, clean bathroom were great. very affordable and staff provided me with a map and useful advice upon arrival. the large outdoor area looked to be quite nice.

Bad service at the reception, really not useful and enthousias. The people who made the room service should do the reception at the hostel, more sympatic. Lobby spot closing at 11:30 really bad. No wifi in the room. Security really bad compared to other hostel. Bathroom with no locker..

• 10th Jun 2015

I was very disappointed by this place. If you are only passing through for a night, then go for it. The staff, at least all of the men, were bitter and left the impression that they lived some pretty empty lives. No social activities, no real kitchen, an "expanded" hostel that had me stay across the street, and some of the worst god damn keys I've ever had to use. The place had less atmosphere than the musical instrument room at the Uffizi. All that being said, it was cheap and clean.

Hostel was nice because it was a 10 min walk from the station and everything is close in Florence so location wasn't much of an issue. Day staff was friendly but night staff not so much. Beds are really comfy but washrooms are below average and it didn't seem the cleanest. I would say it's a so-so hostel.

• 31st May 2015

Hello! I really liked that's Hostel. The room has two shower rooms. The room has a bedside table, mirror, outlet. The rooms have balconies loggias. In hostel have a guest room for all visitors. Where after a walk, you can watch TV. In the kitchen has utensils. and offers complimentary coffee and tea. If I go again to Florence, then I stop again in this hostel. and also hostel is located next to the central station. Sincerely, Galina

We arrived at 12.30pm and were told that we could check-in only at 2pm. However, we were given the rooms much earlier. Since we were just two people, we were given accomodation in the same room. However if you are booking in groups this place may not be suitable because the hostel is located in 3 buildings on the same street and you may want to be with your friends all the time. Cons: Dim lights in bathroom and the rooms. We had to use a torch to search stuff. No latch for the bathroom door.

My room was up to the 3rd floor. I had to walk up there with my heavy baggages.

The bathroom smelled like mildew so bad, and there was mild around the sink!

staff friendly but rooms flour a little sticky, and rooms are old and no WiFi, but very close to center and train station.

- the toilet was damaged - I couldn't lock the door from inside with my key ( it was somehow broken) - for one night the hostel is okay, it's near the train station and also in walking distance to the main sights in Florence

No wifi in rooms, little bit expensive when compared to the facilities but good location

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Turkey

Front desk staff was extremely rude and made the check-in process very unenjoyable. ONLY accept CASH unless paying over 50 euros.... not advertised on profile Location: terrible! located in opposite direction of all attractions... not as close to train station as advertised. Was nervous to walk in that area at night. only good thing: hostel was clean

It is very close to the central station. Poor facilities. One of the staff members didn't know anything about party places in Florence, I probably know more than him now. Wifi was sometimes a problem. Lockers required a padlock, which they have not mentioned anywhere in their description.

Location is close to the train station: very nice. There is a nice common area and kitchen and storage for bags, which is free.

I did not appreciate how the staff turned their heads away when I had a question about the wifi and computer accessibility. The common room was had a very awkward feel and was not conducive to meeting people and sharing conversation. I stayed at one of the double ladies dorm room. The beds and the rooms (including bathroom) were clean but the dorm was tiny and the keys were very difficult to lock and unlock the doors. This hostel was the cheapest price for Easter weekend but I will not come back