New Hostel Florence Reviews

Via Iacopo Peri, 3, Florence, Italy

The hostel was clean and comfortable. The staff were pleasant but simply there to check you in and out. The redeeming feature was the lovely courtyard which brought all guests together. Laundry at 6 euros a pop is a bit ridiculous, when all they do is put it in the machine and you have to dry it. Overall nothing terrible about it, but you notice the difference when there's atmosphere at other places.

Not a bad stay, just what you need, a basic cheap place to stay with a bed. No real atmosphere but close to everything you need

Good location to attractions but VERY noisy traffic! Clean and comfortable.

It is a good location but not convenient with rolling luggage to get there. Super hot in July!!! I feel boiling without air conditioner. But it is good price for backpacker and limited budget.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • China

Very convenient for trains,buses and the of town. The staff were great,friendly and helpful . Our room was fantastic , spacious ,nice bathroom and with a courtyard garden. Kitchen facilities are fairly limited

Fire security is not acceptable as my room key did not fit the inside lock of my dorm room. If someone doesnt see the note and lock the door, there is no way to get out.

I had a good experience here, but the facilities are a little run down. When we arrived our room had not been cleaned yet, so the staff changed our room to a private with a bathroom. The location is a quick walk from the train station and not far from major attractions. All in all not a bad place to lay your head at night.

This was the worst hostel I ever stayed at. Wouldn't even call it a hostel just a really overpriced, dirty hotel. Staff were unhelpful, facilities were so basic and it wasn't social whatsoever. I'm not sure why but it's mostly Asian people who stay here and they were all really antisocial and rude. They weren't flexible with dates when we tried to leave a day early because it was so bad. They close the kitchen so early and the rooms are boiling hot it's like being in a sauna.

WORST HOSTEL IVE EVER STAYED IN! The kitchen is hardly a kitchen, there are no utensils and only a small two person table, where are you supposed to eat if there are a few of you wanting to sit down? The fan was broken, no aircon, Florence was definitely the hottest place I've been to so far as well. No atmosphere whatsoever, I felt like I was staying in a hostel in Asia. Only good thing was the location but for the price of $45 a night, you're 100% better off staying somewhere else!

It's close to the train station, but it's a walk in the opposite direction of everything else in the city. Rooms are nice, nice common area, not a social hostel when I went.

The people in the hotel are very nice and the atmosphere is nice, though the facilities really need impovement. For my time there, there was no toilet paper, and for part of the time there was no floor mat. I'm also very greatful the staff cleaned up the mess, though someone crazy left poop on the hallway floor while I was taking a shower. Everyone was very friendly regardless.

Nice enough hostel, right by the train station. Not much of a hostel vibe though, no real common area. Good for one night!

Great hostel! Close to the train station and friendly staff! My only complaint is that the wifi wasn't really working

The two staff stars go to Monica, who was awesome. Everyone else was overbearing and rude. You can't hang out in the lounge after 11:30 pm. You can't hang out on the balcony after 10:30pm, but they wouldn't let us up after like 8. And we couldn't hang out in our rooms, even if there weren't other people there. It would've been fun if they hadn't been parenting us. No one complained about our "noise" but they heard the staff shushing us. Rooms were decent, bathrooms were clean, location was ok.

Good but a little far from the historic centre

We stayed in the building across the street from where the office was. For the two of us, it was the same price as a nicer hotel in other cities, but everything is expensive in Florence.... The staff were very helpful and friendly and wonderful. If you're booking independently for a single room, absolutely recommended. Location isn't bad-- about a 5 minute walk from Santa Maria Novella. There are several good restaurants nearby. Luggage storage available, too! Overall, a pleasant experience. =)

no wifi in the room. no kitchen to cook too. location is good, just 10 mins walk from the central station. the hostelworld booking told me the pric includes taxes, but i was charged additional city tax when i checked in. its the same in rome and venice.

The location is good and easy to find. The staffs are nice and helpful. The only thing we don't like is that no wifi in the room.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The room we had was large and the beds were comfortable, but the room had a lingering smell of vomit the entire time. The common area also smelled weird and was a sort of beat up and run down. The WiFi was very spotty, and could only really be used in the smell smelly common room. It's not a far walk from the train station (10 minutes) but it is about 20 minutes all the sights in Florence.

• 13th Jun 2015

a big hostel located a short walk from the central station, large rooms and clean beds and a big, clean bathroom were great. very affordable and staff provided me with a map and useful advice upon arrival. the large outdoor area looked to be quite nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3