New Hostel Florence Reviews

Via Iacopo Peri, 3, Florence, Italy

this was total disaster and I do not reccomend this place to anybody

Pros: Nice location as you can walk anywhere in the city. Very close to the train station when you arrive and leave. The rooms were large for a hostel and the beds were very good. Cons: While there were communal spaces it wasn't set up in a way that made it easy to meet people. The staff were proficient but not accommodating. The didn't seem to care much about the customer experience.

The hostel-website told us that there would be FREE parking. But there was non! Asking the staff nobody was willing to help us. So we had to buy parking tickets for 18 Euro a day! If we would have known that, we could have parked the car outside the city.. very annoying! the hostel did not look like the pictures!Further the kitchen was very dirty with a lot of not storage stuff of the hostel/staff. And there was no cooking availability. The staff was not very welcoming. Not worth the less money!

• 2nd Sep 2014

No wifi in the rooms.. But reallt close to the trainstation and the rest of the city!

Awesome hostel! I miss that lobby gossip with strengers :(

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Bangladesh

Good location close to S.M.N but in a slightly dodgy area. No window in bathroom so got very steamy for a long time. The staff were ok. No lockers so have to keep hold of valuables at all times. Mattress was so musty that it made the sheets and me smell dirty in the morning. The common area inside was quite dirty and the outside one was nice looking but was in a constant cloud of cigarette smoke. You could find better in the city for the same price or cheaper.

We were in a 6 bed mixed dorm that apparently the hostel had just purchased. It was a couple buildings down from the main hostel and reception. The room contained beds, common table with broken chairs! smelled terrible! No AC! No WIFI! We constantly had people who worked there coming into our room unannounced working on random things. Cleaning people came into the room while we were sleeping and moved my bunk while I was in it!!! Very rude and weren't helpful. I would not recommend.

Nice hostel, clean and comfortable. Location is good because Firenze is small but it is not in the centre. The common area is ok, you can meet people there but they close it just after midnight because the neighbours complain. We were robbed in the rooms...

• 16th Aug 2014
  • mochiassis
  • Argentina

Least clean hostel I've stayed at (after three months of budget accommodation) strange smells and could hardly see in the bathroom due to dim light. No lockers and kitchen was pretty dirty. Strange tenants from building hanging around door. Would not pay that much for these facilities. Nice staff though!

人が多いとwifiがつながらない。 概ね快適に過ごせました。

This hostel is run by the most friendliest staff I have ever met! The atmosphere is great and it is only a short walk from the main station. However, I stayed in the room across the main hostel which only had one shower for approximately 5 rooms.

Durung my four night stay in this hostel, the toilet in the room was broken for three night. Staff is not helpful. They argue with me when I looking for print help. The biggest problem is, the building I live has no security. Nobody keep the main door and it is always open (also court yard). If somebody want to come into the room from the window it is possible. There is no AC and Wifi in the room.

No problems other than NO air conditioning when promised, when asked told would be given a fan... Didnt happen! Then asked again and told to grab one closest! Otherwise, no problems and staff generally nice! Short fifteen min walk to most things :)

Rooms were not that clean and bathroom was tiny. Staff seemed a bit abrupt. Beds were comfortable. Close to SMN station.

Great environment. Very helpful staff.

The staff is fun and friendly. The dorms are like little apartments, ours was a duplex and it also had another little private room. There was a little balcony wich was nice.There were two bathrooms wich was enough for a 8 bed dorm. Unfortunately there were two problems in one bathroom, the shower didn't drain very well so the water acumulated and the flush was defective so it was often wasting water.

Best part about this hostel was how social it was. Matt, the big welsh bloke, put on a great pub crawl. Met some pretty good cunts. Where it fell short short was the night bloke working reception. Needed to pull his head in. Would come back from the crawl, sit outside for a quite yarn and a smoke and he'd start kicking off. Overall, had a great time.

• 29th Jul 2014

Me and my friends had a great stay at New Ostel, we got a room with 4 beds and our own bathroom! We even had a small lounge before the room and access to the garden (it would have been perfect if the staff had told us the gardeners would use our 'corridor' in the morning but except from this little surprise, it was great!).

• 27th Jul 2014

Great localization, really close to train station and short walk from city's historical center. No wifi inside the rooms, which i fortunally didn't need but is important. The common area should be open until later, because it has a nice terrace and nice place to know new people. I had a great time in Florence, and this hostel was woth the money I spent

Great place, extremely close to train station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4