New Hostel Florence Reviews

Via Iacopo Peri, 3, Florence, Italy

We had booked the two of us into the mixed dorm, but when we arrived we were put in separate dorm rooms which was slightly annoying as we paid extra to be in the mixed dorm together. Didn't spend any time at the hostel apart from sleeping, but what we saw of it was good

Great place, lovely garden to sit and eat, good and healthy (even for vegans) buffet for just 5 euros including a drink, and a bathroom for every room. Stayed almost a week!

Highly recommended if you're travelling alone and looking to meet people! Their garden/reception area has excellent wifi and you meet everyone there. Dorms are basically apartments with a bunch of bunk beds, very spacious. It's a bit of a walk to the city centre, but it's ridiculously close to the train station.

Ummmm this place has no wifi except the common room.. Which they did not mention. So wifi is slower than a turtle because everyone is using it. ALSO this place in INFESTED with Mosquitos. If you get bit a lot, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. Even if u do or not... This should be a last resort spot. Staff is chill but some Asian guy at reception will want to ruin your day haha!! Have fun in Florence and don't pick this one:)

positive: 5-10 minutes walk to the train station, 15-20 minutes to most touristic sites. The location was ok. negative aspects: poor facilities that obviously lack renovation, unfriendly and arrogant staff who made you feel like begging them for even the most basic assistance, disrespect for reservation and ill attitude when this problem was reported to them. We had the impression that we were paying for neglect and contempt. Unprofessional.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Thought the hostel was lovely, had a really nice stay. the other guests were lovely and staff were mostly friendly. would definitely recommend it.

• 21st Jun 2014

Nice bed/bathroom; not much more. WiFi in common areas only.

A great hostel, nice room, nice people.

Great beds, but no atmosphere. Staff were not very inclusive and it felt like u were renting just the bed. For the price u pay, I expected a bit more social activities or things included.

Most of the hostel's guests were asian. Facilities were clean and adequate. I was assigned to a different building like 4 houses away from the central hostel, where there was no wifi. They charge you an amount of euros if you leave your luggage in the storage amount after 2pm.

Strange arrangement of rooms and the bathroom was not very clean.

I didn't know that my room was actually in another building where has no wifi until i checked in. The staff were unbelievably unfriendly. They didn't give me map or show me anything, didn't tell me what I can use or explain the keys since I was going to stay in another building where is meters away....or tell me there's duvet in the wardrobe, nothing! Also they charge 2.5euro for luggage storage after 2:00 so it's not free as they claim.

I just stayed one night and didnt spend any time in the hostel, but everything was ok. The atmosphere was good, and the place ok with a nice garden. The room and bathroom was perfect. I would return.

Staff weren't welcoming at all. Bathroom was rubbish, shower didn't really work. Great atmosphere here though, met some great people.

Gret value for money it's location is only about 15 min walk from the duomo so not that bad only problem was no lockers and considering the rooms are practically open to the street this may be a worry. Would still recommend

Unless you just need a place to rest your head for ONE night please find a better place. The place was filthy and most of the staff were sick so I woke up with a fever- and couldn't get clean because the bathrooms weren't cleaned once our whole week there. Besides that, the location is perfect, 3 minutes walk from the train station and about 10-30 minutes walk to everything else

The hostel is well situated, around 7 mins walk from the station, easy access, easy to find and you can walk to the city centre in around 10 mins. The room was good and spacious had a nice open garden to hang out but the garden is not very well looked after. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable and quiet. In overall it is good value for money. Had a good couple of nights there

• 7th Jun 2014

I was disappointed by this hostel. BED BUGS. DOORS WERE UNLOCKED. STAFF WERE RUDE. Laundry was six euro and the location by the train station was convenient but not beautiful. The bathroom was the dirtiest I have seen in a hostel. Overall very disappointed.

I'm travelling alone and the atmosphere here is great and really easy to meet heaps of travellers! A relaxed environment in a central location close to shops, sights etc. Staff we're very friendly and helpful! Great value for money - Highly recommend!

I think they have to improve many things. First of all, they didn't say that you would be staying in a different building across the street without common area and far away from the reception desk and kitchen facilities and well, if I should know this I would not reserve the lowest tariff nor the hostel itself. Secondly, they say that you would be sharing one bathroom but you have to actually share it with 5 other bedrooms with 4-5 persons each. I would not stay here again.