New Hostel Florence Reviews

Via Iacopo Peri, 3, Florence, Italy

Staff weren't welcoming at all. Bathroom was rubbish, shower didn't really work. Great atmosphere here though, met some great people.

Gret value for money it's location is only about 15 min walk from the duomo so not that bad only problem was no lockers and considering the rooms are practically open to the street this may be a worry. Would still recommend

Unless you just need a place to rest your head for ONE night please find a better place. The place was filthy and most of the staff were sick so I woke up with a fever- and couldn't get clean because the bathrooms weren't cleaned once our whole week there. Besides that, the location is perfect, 3 minutes walk from the train station and about 10-30 minutes walk to everything else

The hostel is well situated, around 7 mins walk from the station, easy access, easy to find and you can walk to the city centre in around 10 mins. The room was good and spacious had a nice open garden to hang out but the garden is not very well looked after. The room was clean, the bed very comfortable and quiet. In overall it is good value for money. Had a good couple of nights there

• 7th Jun 2014

I was disappointed by this hostel. BED BUGS. DOORS WERE UNLOCKED. STAFF WERE RUDE. Laundry was six euro and the location by the train station was convenient but not beautiful. The bathroom was the dirtiest I have seen in a hostel. Overall very disappointed.

I'm travelling alone and the atmosphere here is great and really easy to meet heaps of travellers! A relaxed environment in a central location close to shops, sights etc. Staff we're very friendly and helpful! Great value for money - Highly recommend!

I think they have to improve many things. First of all, they didn't say that you would be staying in a different building across the street without common area and far away from the reception desk and kitchen facilities and well, if I should know this I would not reserve the lowest tariff nor the hostel itself. Secondly, they say that you would be sharing one bathroom but you have to actually share it with 5 other bedrooms with 4-5 persons each. I would not stay here again.

Great location, just lacked atmosphere and security.

good location but rooms and facilities not good! but very close to central station and there is a nice place to sit and chat in the premises...

The hostel is well located, close to the train station, to the city center it's about 15-20 min walk. We didn't have our room right at the hostel but two houses further. But there our room was totally comfortable and spacious. The bathroom we shared with two other was quite big and clean. The best thing was the nice garden right infront of our room where you can chill out in a hoolywood-swing or in the grass. We only had Wifi in the real hostel. What I didn't like: there was no real kitchen.

Great porch for hanging out and picnics! Check in process was a bit disorganized and they didn't have change for us. This location is really convenient to the train station, but not very convenient to downtown Florence. All in all, a good experience!

This hostel is really good, and the staff was very friendly, I like the garden~

Good place for the good price. The staff is friendly and tells you what is the best things to do, Free coffee and tea. Nice, big kitchen. We got our free parking spot in a front of the hostel on the street. Wifi only worked for me in common areas- not a big deal, but it will be easier to have it in the room as well. Thank you.

Good hostel, but could do with a few improvements. For example, for a room of 5 people there were only 3 sockets to charge cameras and phones etc which is nowhere near enough. Had no ability to charge my phone in the room at night.

Great hostel. The family room was very clean, linen was clean and the toilet was rather large and spacious. The staff were also very friendly and helpful.

Good location, easy to find. Good wifi. no kitchen

The staff were very friendly and spoke english very well. It's only a short walk from the city center and many of the tourist points. My friend and I stayed here and it felt more like a hotel atmosphere because no one else ended up staying in the room with us. You can come and go from your room as you please and there is no assigned beds, limited access or curfews that you have to be back by. Our room had a toilet/shower to share amongst us that was only a short way down the hallway.

it is near central station. but the facility is not good enough. they arrange us in another building, not far away from the main building but no wifi there. the warm machine didn't work so we felt cold at that night,

• 3rd May 2014
  • China

we picked this hostel because it suposed to have parking space for free, but they forgot to say that there is a limit of 3 parking spaces!!! so if you arrive at the wrong time you will have to spend 1.5 euros per hour on parkin every day, till one of the spaces will be free. we slept in a diffrent building from the guesthouse, in the same street but not able to enjoy the facilities, it was another thing they forgot to mention before you book! Was good but I hate when they forgot many crucial

Decent place. The staff was friendly, free coffee and tea (sometimes you had to go looking for a mug). Wifi only worked for me in common areas... not a problem, but something to know. Also had a couple other issues... like troubles unlocking and opening the door to my room (the door handle on the inside was loose) (hopefully that's fixed by now) and they changed the sheets on the wrong bed in the morning so the next night a new person had to sleep on a dirty bed... a system might be good.