New Hostel Florence Reviews

Via Iacopo Peri, 3, Florence, Italy

Great environment. Very helpful staff.

The staff is fun and friendly. The dorms are like little apartments, ours was a duplex and it also had another little private room. There was a little balcony wich was nice.There were two bathrooms wich was enough for a 8 bed dorm. Unfortunately there were two problems in one bathroom, the shower didn't drain very well so the water acumulated and the flush was defective so it was often wasting water.

Best part about this hostel was how social it was. Matt, the big welsh bloke, put on a great pub crawl. Met some pretty good cunts. Where it fell short short was the night bloke working reception. Needed to pull his head in. Would come back from the crawl, sit outside for a quite yarn and a smoke and he'd start kicking off. Overall, had a great time.

• 29th Jul 2014

Me and my friends had a great stay at New Ostel, we got a room with 4 beds and our own bathroom! We even had a small lounge before the room and access to the garden (it would have been perfect if the staff had told us the gardeners would use our 'corridor' in the morning but except from this little surprise, it was great!).

• 27th Jul 2014

Great localization, really close to train station and short walk from city's historical center. No wifi inside the rooms, which i fortunally didn't need but is important. The common area should be open until later, because it has a nice terrace and nice place to know new people. I had a great time in Florence, and this hostel was woth the money I spent

Great place, extremely close to train station.

Just ok. The rooms are in an annoying area away from the building where the common area is. The man who greeted me at reception initially was unfriendly and unhelpful when I wanted to alter my booking. I was amazed that he seemed unable to change my booking from his computer! The rooms are ok, but no wifi access in them. No hand soap either which is very irritating and very unhygienic! Good location: right near the train station and a 10-15 min walk to the duomo.

The main receptionist man had zero people skills, he tried to charge me too much and then gave me too little change back, the shower come with a squeegee because the water trends to go everywhere on the bathroom. It did feel safe, lockers were available, other staff seemed kind, but overall I did not enjoy the atmosphere.

• 21st Jul 2014

The staff wasnt that welcoming and helpful than i could have been. We were happy to get our own double room inside a dorm for 6 persons.

Good atmosphere, good communal areas, lovely clean comfy rooms, friendly staff, close to the centre of town - good location, good price, we enjoyed our stay here

The guy who checked me in (apparently the owner) was very rude. I asked about extending (not because it was good, but just not to move) and he said "I'll tell you tomorrow morning". He threw the money back at me when he didn't have change. The room wasn't very clean, the bathroom smelled like sewer and flooded. The floor of my room was dirty. The common area didn't have the right vibe. When the wifi was working, it only did so in the common area.

The hostel was as described, communal facilities weren't that great but it's the people who you are with that makes it!

• 11th Jul 2014

Nice hostel if you're a not looking for a lots of facilities and the staff is a bit nonchalant. Nice terrace near the reception but close at 23:30. Rooms are ok but wi-fi don't works in the other hostel building and when too many person try to connect.

Very close to the Firenze Smn station. Staff was friendly enough. But there was this wierd mold growing out of left of toiletry items. Hopefully they've cleaned it up.

I was a little scared after seeing the reviews, but I noticed that they actually improved a lot of things in comparison. I had a pleasant stay for a relatively good price, so I cannot really complain. I hope they keep getting better. Some recommendations of mine: Put a fridge and even a kitchen or common areas in the other buildings as well.

We had booked the two of us into the mixed dorm, but when we arrived we were put in separate dorm rooms which was slightly annoying as we paid extra to be in the mixed dorm together. Didn't spend any time at the hostel apart from sleeping, but what we saw of it was good

Great place, lovely garden to sit and eat, good and healthy (even for vegans) buffet for just 5 euros including a drink, and a bathroom for every room. Stayed almost a week!

Highly recommended if you're travelling alone and looking to meet people! Their garden/reception area has excellent wifi and you meet everyone there. Dorms are basically apartments with a bunch of bunk beds, very spacious. It's a bit of a walk to the city centre, but it's ridiculously close to the train station.

Ummmm this place has no wifi except the common room.. Which they did not mention. So wifi is slower than a turtle because everyone is using it. ALSO this place in INFESTED with Mosquitos. If you get bit a lot, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. Even if u do or not... This should be a last resort spot. Staff is chill but some Asian guy at reception will want to ruin your day haha!! Have fun in Florence and don't pick this one:)

positive: 5-10 minutes walk to the train station, 15-20 minutes to most touristic sites. The location was ok. negative aspects: poor facilities that obviously lack renovation, unfriendly and arrogant staff who made you feel like begging them for even the most basic assistance, disrespect for reservation and ill attitude when this problem was reported to them. We had the impression that we were paying for neglect and contempt. Unprofessional.

• 27th Jun 2014