New International Guest House Reviews

A7 11/FL 36-44 NATHAN RD. CHUNG KING MANSION TST K, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Rooms are renovated, but really small (Hongkong style) - you might actually fall from the toilet into the bed :) The only staff member was quite nice, no deposit. Really hated the elevators in Chungkin mansions and the guys prowling the streets and hawking.

The room is totally different from pictures shown in website. We expect a modern room but we're given a normal guest room. We booked International Guest Hse but we're direct to Park Guest House which located at different floor. We feel like being cheated but we've no choice as we've paid the total amount before we enter the rooms. There's one night we noticed the main door is not closed as the cleaner is doing their cleaning at midnight. There's only one lift going even & odd floors.

• 14th Sep 2013
  • Malaysia

The room is really really small but it's clean. Room a/c temperature must be always above 25 degree Celsius or else ac will go on and off by itself. It's warm sometimes. Long queue for the lift no matter at what time. Overall ok :)

Really small room (Hong Kong standard thou). Toilet was hard to shower, since the shower is on top of the toilet and my shower wasn't working really well. Couldn't get hot water most of the time. The The power plug next to the bed wasn't working, so need to use the one from the TV, which was quite stressful, since was really high. Staff was really friendly and helped me as they could.

Cannot beat the location, less than 5 minutes walking to MTR and 10 minutes walking to Star Ferry. Many good shops, museums, and restaurants nearby, also very close to Kowloon Park. Staff were very friendly and helpful with directions around city. I would stay there again on future trips to Hong Kong.

• 8th Jun 2013

If you are on a very strict budget it is a decent place to stay. The only things I found disconcerting was the number of people hassling you to buy things outside the building. Also the elevator is very small and always crowded and I often felt uncomfortable. The single room I had was incredibly small- there was only room for the single bed, but it was clean.

• 6th Jun 2013

Very small, but clean and in the very centre of Hong Kong. For the price probably really good!

Room was clean, cheap for HK. I would definitely consider staying again. Plus the staff was very friendly and helpful. Small room but standard for HK and not a problem for me, Its value for money...knowing that accomodation in HK is expensive.

If I was looking for a clean, cheap and hostel experience, I would definitely consider staying again. Plus the staff was very friendly and helpful. If you are expecting something along the lines of mainstream hotels, better to pay the much higher price.

Its value for money...knowing that accomodation in HK is expensive

• 5th Mar 2013
  • Malaysia

I can't believe a hostel goes for $70 US in HK! Wow! The room was extremely small, just like I've heard they all are in HK. The hot water only lasts about 4 minutes, so shower quickly! The woman who gave us our room etc. was very nice and was there it seemed from 8a-midnight or so. I liked the fact that she was a very consistent presence. The room was cleaned daily, but the sheets were not changed except for one night. Location was great.

• 17th Dec 2012

I stayed at International Guest House for three nights and I think you get what you pay for. The room is really tiny just a bed, the shower is over the toilet seat. I had to have my bag under the bed cause there was no space elsewhere. Theres a llittle fridge and a tv. The best thing was the free wifi and the location. The guest house is close to metro and central just to stops away. Clean enough and new towels every day. The standard is typically "english" from a Swedish point of view.

• 2nd Oct 2012
  • Sweden

good location just that.

I would like to stay there again

• 14th Jun 2012
  • Philippines

very convenient and very nice staff, but there are cheapest hostels and also clean at floor 7. Don't need to book in advance anywhere in this building

• 16th May 2012
  • Spain

Ok for HK standard, very small room.

• 10th May 2012
  • Denmark

There are two good things about this Hostel: location and cleanliness. But there are many not so nice things to say. Firstly, it's in Chungking Mansions, a world of hustling of its own. It is not safe, but it certainly is not nice. The room was utterly depressing. I don't mind sleeping in a box, but I do mind sleeping in a depressing box that smells like there has been a footballteam sleeping in it for a year. We called it our doghouse. The aircon rattled like a plane. I'd never go there again.

This hostel was great value for money. The bathroom is tiny but it is what was expected. For a small safe room in a good location at a bargain price it was terrific. The owner was business like but helpful. This style accommodation wont suit everyone but for those who understand what a guest house room in Hong Kong is it is terrific. No hesitation in recommending it. Peter

• 22nd Mar 2012

Nice people. Nice place.

• 17th Mar 2012

There were supposed to be three single beds but two of us had to share a small double. Not convenient and not what I paid for.

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you to choose our hostel being your travle partner. You booked 1 standard triple ensuite for 1 night on 27 Jan 2012. Please read carefully our beds setting at our introduction. It says:standard triple room comes with 1 double bed + 1 single bed. Only luxury triple comes with 3 single beds. kind regards, the manager of hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7