New International Youth Hostel Giovane Europa Reviews

Via torre Vanga 9, Trento, Italy

Lots of ants, felt them molesting me at night.... But was a decent hostel did what it's suppose to do...

The staff were incredibly rude and clearly not interested in us being there!! Unfortunately they are the only hostel in Trento and you get the feeling the staff know it. The bathroom didn't have a toilet seat, when we tried to check out at 10.05 (check out was at 10), the staff members said that the reception was now closed until 2pm. This remained the case until we threatened to take the key and leave our deposit and then magically it was open again. Skip Trento, don't stay here!!!!

• 14th Jul 2015

Wifi was only accessible in dining area- but that was a surprise as it wasn't stipulated on the info for the hostel! No kitchen.

Not many other hostels in Trento to choose from, and this may be the reason why they do not really improve. The bedroom was all right, I rented a single room for one night, and the bed was spacious, the room okay. The room was "quick clean", but the shower was full of mould and could do with an extra cleaning round. The weirdest thing is that they charge €3,50 for luggage keeping after checkout and then do not have continuous reception opening times.

Very clean and tidy hotel located very close to the train station and the town's attraction. Given it's size, the atmosphere was not very social. It was a very clean and comfortable place though, and I'd certainly stay there again.

Good location , friendly staff , clean room

It's a nicely organized hostel. The rooms are clean and bright. Staff was not very polite.

The guy who worked at the hostel wasn't very professional. He kept me waiting while he was looking for the key of my room and at the end he didn't even find it. You can pay for some towels which are very small. However, overall the hostel is not that bad.

Few speak English in Trento, so download a translation app. I'd go here again because the cost was cheap, it was clean and close to the train station. However the girl Sarah was not helpful. I emailed ahead of time to get specific directions because I had no cell service. All I got was the address. When I arrived the same girl seemed annoyed and never directly answered any questions I had. Very frustrating when your a confused tourist. But aside from her, a great place, I'd go there again.

Don't forget to bring your own towel

Don't forget to bring your own towel

I thought this hostel was a bit cold. No social aspect to it. Clean, spacious rooms, a bit cold too. Instead of a comforter, we had a bedspread. Bathroom was big and nice, but no shower head, just a hole. WiFi worked only in the dining area which serves as a common room. Coffee machines didn't work, or didn't give everything on the menu, and there was no sign saying what's available. Great location, and good potential, with few extra touches to make this a really nice hostel.