New International Youth Hostel Giovane Europa Reviews

Via torre Vanga 9, Trento, Italy

Very uncomfortable shower, Wi-Fi Internet on ground floor only, very expensive laundry and drier, the staff not too friendly and often ignored you, not smiling and/or trying to help. The only positive thing about this hostel is the price and a perfect location. Not recommending

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Israel

Unfriendly staff, poor wifi, small breakfast and they tried to put five people into a four-bed dormitory which resulted in problems, noise and disruption late at night . . . !

Weirdest shower I've ever seen... There is no cozy common area, just some tables and chairs in the lobby, which is not very welcoming... The reception is often empty.

They made me pay for put my luggage in a storage place because I arrived three hours earlier before check-in starts. Problems from the very beggining with the mechanism of the magnetic card door and only the last day they said me that they were to call a technician (the last two nights I was waiting 20 minutes outside my room waiting for the staff to help me). Semi-broken shower unit. Internet wireless connection available ONLY on the ground floor! Reception is closed from 10.00 to 14.00

Nice hostel in the centre for good price.

The hostel is very good, but be careful with the booking: we booked at 1 a.m. for the following night, we called at 19.30 to confirm the booking (they told us everything was all right), and still, when we arrived around 22, they had cancelled our booking. Nevertheless, the staff acknowledged that it was their error and – after insisting a bit – they made us recoup the down payment. Hadn't there been free rooms left, it could have been problematic.

The staff at the helpdesk were nice, but there was one that just spoke italian. And because of that, I had a big problem with my travel timming to get a train, just because the employee did not make him clear about the hours wich the lokers at the reception could be open. He could not understand english, spanish, portuguese or french, and confirmed me that I could open the lokers at any time. But there is no one at the reception for that taks, or anyother, between 10h and 14h...

• 26th Jul 2015

Lots of ants, felt them molesting me at night.... But was a decent hostel did what it's suppose to do...

The staff were incredibly rude and clearly not interested in us being there!! Unfortunately they are the only hostel in Trento and you get the feeling the staff know it. The bathroom didn't have a toilet seat, when we tried to check out at 10.05 (check out was at 10), the staff members said that the reception was now closed until 2pm. This remained the case until we threatened to take the key and leave our deposit and then magically it was open again. Skip Trento, don't stay here!!!!

• 14th Jul 2015

Wifi was only accessible in dining area- but that was a surprise as it wasn't stipulated on the info for the hostel! No kitchen.

Not many other hostels in Trento to choose from, and this may be the reason why they do not really improve. The bedroom was all right, I rented a single room for one night, and the bed was spacious, the room okay. The room was "quick clean", but the shower was full of mould and could do with an extra cleaning round. The weirdest thing is that they charge €3,50 for luggage keeping after checkout and then do not have continuous reception opening times.

Very clean and tidy hotel located very close to the train station and the town's attraction. Given it's size, the atmosphere was not very social. It was a very clean and comfortable place though, and I'd certainly stay there again.

Good location , friendly staff , clean room

It's a nicely organized hostel. The rooms are clean and bright. Staff was not very polite.

The guy who worked at the hostel wasn't very professional. He kept me waiting while he was looking for the key of my room and at the end he didn't even find it. You can pay for some towels which are very small. However, overall the hostel is not that bad.

Few speak English in Trento, so download a translation app. I'd go here again because the cost was cheap, it was clean and close to the train station. However the girl Sarah was not helpful. I emailed ahead of time to get specific directions because I had no cell service. All I got was the address. When I arrived the same girl seemed annoyed and never directly answered any questions I had. Very frustrating when your a confused tourist. But aside from her, a great place, I'd go there again.