New London Hostel Reviews

Flat A9, Block A, 17/F, Chungking Mansions, 40 Nat, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The room was okay. Elevator goes to the 16th floor, so you have to walk up the stairs for the last one. The sheets and pillowcase were not hygienic - better to bring your own. The staff were friendly at least. On the ground floor of the Chungking Mansions I was repeatedly bothered and harassed by people selling rooms and hashish. They were aggressive and unrestrained. Some of them touched my shoulder to get my attention. Even when I told them I had a prepaid room they continued to bother me.

There were three of us, staying in a three-bed room. The room was a little cramped, but it was clean and the facilities were all good. It's good value for money, for such a great location in Hong Kong.

When you book pay attention to where you must check in. It's in the foot notes - not confirmation. They have one reception for a few hostels in different parts of the building. Once I found someone and calls were made I met Raj who showed me to my room. It was in a different hostel (not new London) and was lovely. Raj was very helpful. The next day I wanted to stay 1 more night which they organised in a different hostel again. The building looks dirty from the outside but it's clean inside.

View all Hong Kong Bed and Breakfasts