New Mansion House Reviews

38-40 Lancaster Gate, London, England

A lot of people stay here long term, so I felt a bit like an outsider only having a quick stop in. I didn't get to try the breakfast as they do a late one on the weekends. If you are coming in last 9pm, you may have some trouble getting into contact with someone that works there unless you have a phone. Otherwise, decent hostel quite close to the tube and several bus lines. And then Hyde park is right there. Overall, a good stay.

If I should go back to London I'll definitely go back there! Quiet area, excellent when you want to sleep well. The price is well worth it. Don't hesitate!

The 30 quid or passport deposit for the key was a bit draconian I thought . If you feeling sick or injured those stairs to the top floor will get you. no elevator. Breakfast good but dinner bad.People can and will talk, play music in your room even when you're tying to sleep. showers bait dirty. Overall though the rest is clean ,safe, well located and the wifi works. Best hostel I've stayed in London

This is a lovely hostel but I will recommend people to stay there for a long time than a short time. Most of the people are here for a long period of time so I felt like a stranger. The good point, BB and dinner included in the price so I saved money! The bad point, it was hard to find a clean shower/toilet. On the whole, it was a nice stay

• 19th Jan 2015

Not a typical hostel, there are a lot of people who are no tourists/travellers but stay long term for working in London. Good price value with breakfast and dinner included. Old facilities, but cleanliness was good.