New Mansion House

Good 306 Total Reviews

• bowes1985
  • England, Male, 31-40
13th Sep 2017

I had an excellent stay in this hostel, and could not recommend it enough. I think it may get slightly bad press because it's not a party house, and a lot of backpackers maybe want a different kind of hostel experience, but all I can say is that it was clean, tidy, friendly and safe. The beds were clean, and the rooms spacious, considering we were sharing, and I wasn't in a bunk bed. The meal for £4 was excellent value, and a lovely touch. The staff were excellent, and i had a great stay!

• madonlakki
  • Finland, All Male Group, 18-24
26th Aug 2017
4.6

We booked 3 bed dorm and got two bed dorm and one of our friend had to sleep in another room so that kinda sucked pretty hard. And staff couldn't speak good english, even though we were in London so that was kinda disappointing

I am really sorry you were disappointed. The dormitory beds you booked were 3 beds in different triple rooms. If we had an empty triple room it would have been advertised as "private triple room". We always try our best to allocate people in the same room if possible (in this case we put 2 of you in the same twin room). Our staff come from many different countries and therefore have also different accents. The lady who handle your booking has been with us for six months and so far you are the first person to mention that her English was not good. Again, apologies if you didn't enjoy your stay with us.

• Hungary, Female, 31-40
19th Aug 2017

I was really satisfied with room, even after I read lots of bad reviews about the room cleanliness and the shower/toilet facilities. Well, some refurbishment would be necessary, it is true, but nothing serious issue. The room was spacious and clean, with double bed (we booked a private room). Location is great, easy to get there by tube. The building is in a small street, so it is absolutely silent. The breakfast was also ok. Good value for money!

12th Aug 2017
6.3

Place was ok, no elevator and I hurt my foot xc food is served very short time and changes weekends vs weekdays. Beds were gone. Lot of people renting for month or 2 instead of days or weeks. No access to kitchen, just microwave and toaster. No silvervare or cups to borrow.

• USA, Female, 25-30
8th Aug 2017
5.1

This "hostel" should not even be listed as a hostel on Hostelworld because it is NOT a hostel. The "guests" are actually residents who have been living there for months and even years. Do you want to feel like you're intruding in someone's apartment that is already decorated with pictures and knickknacks? Then sure, stay here I suppose. During my 2 night stay I did not meet anyone else who was just passing through. The cheap price and location do not make it worthwhile. Stay elsewhere in London!

• Taiwan, Female, 25-30
29th Jul 2017
6.0

Dirtiest hostel I've ever stayed. I stayed in the standard 2 bed female dorm. It quite different from the pictures show on the website. There's hair on my bed (it's long and I have short hair, so it definitely not mine) The bathroom is horrible and super dirty. The wall is horrible too, you won't want to hang your clothes or towel on the wall. Breakfast is OK but the spoon is sticky. The best part is people are so nice here.

• crystalwu1225
  • USA, Female, 18-24
1st Jul 2017
6.9

This is definitely a place for long term students. I was only here for one night, and it did its job of providing a bed, etc, but it did not have atmosphere whatsoever. This is fine if you just need a bed but do not expect any common space, chatting, etc.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Jun 2017

The staff here are fantastic. Very helpful and accomodating. Great location and value for money, so dont expect amazing facilities. Well worth the stay.

24th Jun 2017
5.1

It was cheap saturday night in London so It was good for one night. However my bed was dangerous. The main brace for the bed was taped on and the other one was just hanging. I thought I would crush the guy under me. When I asked him he said he asked them to fix it 8 months ago. Bathrooms were dirty and the faucets are ancient and hot and cold is separate. Outside of building was really nice but the inside was dingy carpet. Not sure of the construction going on and what improvements they were mak

15th Jun 2017
6.9

The room was a 6-bunker female dorm used principally by long term guests who had their stuff strewn allover the place. The trash was not emptied daily, and the room was only superficially cleaned. The bathrooms were dirty. Otherwise, the room was quiet and airy, with a large window facing a leafy backyard. Breakfast was rationed (!) to 2 pieces of toast, 1 filling of cereal + the condiments of a Condinental breakfast.

×