7.3
Very Good 261 Total Reviews
7.3
Very Good 261 Total Reviews
New Mansion House Located at 38-40 Lancaster Gate, , London.
England
London W2 3NA 38-40 Lancaster Gate
73% 261
51.5124283 -0.1804590
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Dec 2016
8.0

Stayed here for one night with a friend in a private twin room. There is no real social atmosphere at the hostel, and I think a lot of tenants live there.. We were allowed to bring other friends in to the hostel for pre drinks until 11pm, which suited us well. the walls were super thin and our neighbours knocked more than once despite us being relatively quiet! Amazing location, right by Hyde park and a taxi ride from soho/Kensington. Would not recommend for lone traveller - no atmosphere!

19th Dec 2016
5.4

I haven't stayed at too many hostels (maybe around 10), but this was definitely the worst I'd ever stayed in. The rooms were tiny (though you do get a closet and desk, which would be nice for longer-term guests), the bathrooms smelled of really strong cleaning products and were in need of serious renovation, and there was a pathetic excuse for a breakfast in a hall that almost felt like a prison. Near Paddington Station which made it convenient for me, but I will definitely not be returning.

9th Oct 2016
6.9

The bathrooms were terrible. The staff were helpful though. It's really close to an Underground stop. No locks on the cabinets in the room I stayed in (female only, two bed room).

• Argentina, All Female Group, 25-30
28th Aug 2016

Cool staff, Good breakfast.

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
19th Aug 2016
7.1

It's a good place to spend a night, but for me the toilets give an aspect of being dirty, the rooms are not very clean, but for a night alone I could deal with it.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Aug 2016

I enjoyed my stay at new mansion house, the front desk people were extremely helpful and caring, my room was only 6 people so It didn't feel so crowded, one of the best things about this place is it's so quiet and not rowdy like many hostels I've been to. I liked how the bathrooms and showers were individual instead of a room with a ton of sinks and toilets, you got a lot more privacy here than other hostels.. 1 issue is that my.locked cabinet key didn't work- I didn't care to ask for an

• Australia, Male, 25-30
1st Aug 2016
6.3

Wouldnt go here again was one of the most awkward experiences ive had every one lived there, it was like walking into a randoms house and sleeping in there bed.. i know people have done that before but its when they are absolutely blind.. wouldnt go back unfortunately cause its in a beautiful area near hyde park