New Mansion House Reviews

38-40 Lancaster Gate, London, England

Good for the night stay, free basic breakfast in the morning.

I stayed here for one night, which was more than enough. I arrived early at the reception but they told me that it was ok, the rooms were ready... Really ? The room was dirty, the sink and body hair on it, the floor was stained.... The window let the air come through, even when close (you can imagine the chilly night I had !) Breakfast was really basic, and not really good. I wasn't expecting to stay in a four star hotel of course, still. Definitely not a good experience, but enough to sleep.

• 30th Aug 2015

Dear Ambre, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience on your stay. We will take your comments on board and try to improve on it, starting with the cleaning and the window. Regards,

Not for your typical backpacker. Seemed like people who were there long term. Showers and bathrooms were old and poorly worked. Room was dirty and smelled. Bizarre place.

Thank you for your review of your stay (6 bed dorm at £10.50p.n)We are not a backpackers hostel, we serve more as a first step for those who want to get settled in London, find a flat or study. This requires longer than a few days, which make our long term rates (£99.50 p.w in your dorm) very attractive considering our prime location. Some people end up staying longer than intended, having more belongings than a backpacker would but this makes the cleaning harder for us.

I had some problems with my bed booked, i had to change 3, but stuff was helpfull and upgrated 4 bed room to 3.

It was very nice staying there. It's north of a big park in a nicely quiet area. You are about an hour walk away from the action but it's still not far since with a metro station being close (if they are not on a strike) you can take the train into the middle of London. the place is nice and worth it.

A lot of people stay here long term, so I felt a bit like an outsider only having a quick stop in. I didn't get to try the breakfast as they do a late one on the weekends. If you are coming in last 9pm, you may have some trouble getting into contact with someone that works there unless you have a phone. Otherwise, decent hostel quite close to the tube and several bus lines. And then Hyde park is right there. Overall, a good stay.

If I should go back to London I'll definitely go back there! Quiet area, excellent when you want to sleep well. The price is well worth it. Don't hesitate!