New Mansion House Reviews

38-40 Lancaster Gate, London, England

30 pounds for the key deposit WTF !?!?! apart from that is a average hostel. Dinner quite good but breakfast very poor. There's also a lot of people living there permanently and they are very unfriendly. I was with a group of friend so I didn't mind but I you want to go alone and meet people there this is not the place. Also there's no wifi in the rooms!!!!!

Thank you for your comments.Please be aware that you have a choice as key deposit: ID, passport, driving licence or £30. Many people have no problem with this, and we always make sure to return it on departure. There is wifi in the common rooms (reception, dining room, study room and laundry) and a cable connection in the room, soon there will be wifi in the whole building. We do have 2 different prices depending on the lentgh of stay, I think it is a good sign if people choose to stay longer.

An excellent value hostel for the location and the meals that are included in with the price. You could quite easily pay a lot more and get much less for your money in London. The only suggestion that could improve the Hostel would be to have Hand-drying facilities in toilets and better ventilation in dorms as it was too hot to sleep. Other than this, I would highly recommend it.

Dear, Thank you for your comments. We will certainly consider your suggestions regarding hand drying facilities and ventilation issues in our dorms, specially during summer time. Regards,

I was content with my room. Thanks to the staff, particularly the Hungarian guys.

• 24th May 2014
  • Hungary

Wifi doesnt work on the 4th floor, no plugs near the beds

Good sides: great dinner and breakfast! Cooked meals, plenty to eat! Loved it! Rooms aren't small (at least ours wasn't). Plenty of showers and toilets available. Location is the best thing, everything is near! Bad sides: no wifi on second floor, only cable internet (not really useful if you have your phone and have to plan for tomorrow). No common room or other facilities where you can socialise.

• 9th May 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

I would not recomend to stay at this hostel, might be a few pounds cheaper but I wouldn´t stay there for free. Dirty and messy rooms, not enough bed linnen, dirty toilets and showers, poor breakfast in dirty cellar facility. The staff tried to make it positive, but the only positive would have been to get our money back! Not even the room for two is good...I´ve travelled a lot, and this is by far the worst hostel I´ve ever been to. Not recommended!

Very friendly staff

• 1st May 2014

A really pleasant stay with simple facilities and nice people. Breakfast and dinner is included (Dinner around 7pm). Free coffee/tea during meals. Dinner was good and the staff who served were always friendly. Breakfast consisted of two slices of toasted bread and a small bowl of cereal. Very close to buses, metros and to bycicles. Close to Hyde park which is a large and nice park to relax or excercise, whatever you prefer. There is no elevator, and the hygiene is "so-so". But overall good :)

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Norway

The staff is really friendly and the hostel is situated in a good location (next to hyde park and metro station). The room was clean. This is the only hostel I've been which serves both breakfast and dinner. There is a lot of bathrooms and the WiFi still worked within the 3rd floor. Good price!

I'd like to hire a towel but it wasn't possible and there's not a secure place to leave the baggage. The room and the meals are good.

I was only there for one night but it was in the perfect location to walk to oxford street for my student conference. The shower was quite dirty so I didn't use it.

• 26th Apr 2014