New Melting Pot Malaga Playa Reviews

Paseo del Pintor Joaquin Sorolla 30, Malaga, Spain

I stayed for 4 night at The Melting Pot Beach Hostel and I enjoyed myself a lot! The staff is very nice and the atmosphere too. Near the beach and not far from the center. You can take the bus o go on foot.

a very very good hostel , completley renewed : clean rooms , nice garden , wonderful terrace with a spectacular view on the beach, new beds , personlised safe case , 24/24 h reception with a professional, helpful and cherful staff ,great animation , a nice bar restaurant with mojito , sangria , champagne soup and all kinds of international beers plus a delicious barbecue and the best tapas of malaga.the hostel is comunicated with the city center by 5 lines of buses 24/24h .i recommend it .

• 16th Jan 2015

Awesome hostel!!! It was a quite and clean hostel. I can stay longer in this hostel. All members of the stuff were very kind and helpful. I'll definitely stay again if I go back to Malaga.

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Japan

They are currently renovating the premise so it promises to be much better for the spring

• 15th Dec 2014

When you like to stay next to the beach and prefer to eat outside on a nice terrace: the Melting Pot is the place to be. Walk to Malaga centre or to El Palo with lots of little bars and restaurants direct at beach in about half an hour. Or take a bus (busstop in front of hostel) or bike. Security, cleanliness and computer facilities need improvement. New owners will realise this? Personel putting the Spanish TV for themself very loud is irritating. But,sun and seaviews are great, atmoshere nice.

Not all it's cracked up to be

The beds were just atrocious. I have staying in a lot of beds in hostels and know they squeak and what not. But these beds literally swayed with the slightest movement to the point that you couldn't sleep. Rooms and hostel looks like it was slapped together yesterday everything old and dirty. Found ants in my bed on arrival. We had booked 2 nights but the second night we stayed somewhere else. On returning to get our stuff that morning they had put some one else in my bed, same sheets it looked.

Staff was rude, facilities were run down, ants were everywhere, lockers were too small for my 40 L backpack not to mention you can take the door off the locker even if it is broken. Staff tried to charge me for food I didn't order, over all bad experience.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hostel, particularly if you're a solo female traveler. There is zero security, with rooms interconnecting and no keys or card access required. I was in a room that connected to a second room and had people coming and going all night. The bathrooms are pretty bad too, one has a serious drainage issue and stinks. Breakfast was just stale slices of bread and butter if you were lucky. For the extra cost, you're better off staying in the heart of Malaga.

The Hostel is near to the beach from Malaga and the Downtown-city of Malaga is only a few minutes to walk from the hostel. There is a bus-station near the hostel, so you can take the bus,too.

The best beach hostel we have ever been although this was the first one:) Very helpful staff and nice hostel atmosphere. Beds were not so comfortable and they were squeaking. But it was a very pleasure stay!

Excellent staff who really seem to enjoy what they do. The hostel has a very happy atmosphere and it was great meeting people from so many different countries while eating and drinking in the patio. The staff and the environment there made me feel very safe.