New Palace Hotel Reviews

17, Soliman El Halaby St, From Emad El Din St, Cairo, Egypt

That place was the worst I have been!! Very dirty (the corridors, the room, The front desk, etc) There were holes in the floor of my room, the private bathroom was no really a bathroom, it was separated by plastic walls, it's seems like a clothier. The bed were uncomfortable, the carpets very dirty and with cigarettes on the flor. The building was very dirty too, smell like urine cat, and looks very dangerous and old. And also it's no very easy to find I really not recommend this hostel!

Dear sir.when you arrived to the hotel at the begining you were happy with everything specially when we gave you a room with private bath although your reservation was shared bath then next day when we asked you the payment you wanted to pay 10$ for 2 persons and we explained you that your reservation was single but you are 2 persons at the begining you insisted that we are wrong then after checking and you find we are right then you said that someone made the reservation and complains started

I am a single woman traveller, i stay in new place hotel for 4 days, i feel very safe here, and the staff here are very friendly. And htel is located in center of downtown cairo, can easy to access to eveywhere, orabi metro station is just 5 mins walk from hotel, there are many reataurant and cafe nearby, staying here really can make me feel cairo. The room is big and clean, and everything i need. Especially the owner of hotel, tell him what you want to see in egypt, he will give a great advice

• 16th Feb 2015
  • China

OK in its price category, but quite worn out and dusty, and the service was quite lousy. Basic things such as replacing a dirty blanket were done after asking for them, but some things (like breakfast) I had to wait for quite long. It seemed of all the staff only the managers had ambition to get the service&cleanliness in a more professional level when they were present (the owner cleaning around by his own hands – respect!) Also the hostel facilities list of this site is exaggerated.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Finland

Dear Aino.thank you for the review and I am grateful about what you wrote specially when i was cleaning by my hand because of the lazt staff...lol.Also do not forget the sandy storm that hit Egypt and it was very dusty for 2 days but when I saw the tables very dusty I started to clean it up.I wished that you told me about the blanket and the breakfast.I am really working vhard to improve things and everyday is getting better my main concern to make clients happy and getting no complains.hope so

Good place with good staff,few tourist but safe and comfortable.beautiful rooftop specially at night

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Egypt

I have stayed at New Palace Hotel a lot of times and I would never go anywhere else. Never before have I encountered so many helpful people and such a wonderful atmosphere. The rooms are nice and clean and everything you need is mere steps away. It is the perfect budget travel address. I highly recommend!

Very friendly staff with nice location and clean rooms.I enjoyed staying there and sitting at the roof garden.

I loved staying at this place, the hotel is neat, comfortable and safe. The staff are pretty helpful, specially the owner who was there every day to make sure that we have everything we needed. He was great company and help during our time there. We even got a great tour for our time there that we managed to arrange from there too with Ahmed´s help. I felt safe and had an amazing time in Cairo, thanks for everything! we got much much more than just a hotel room, I TOTALLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE

• 16th May 2014
  • Ecuador

Very safe,quiet compared to other places,big hostel ,room with breakfast and TV.Good for the price and safe as a single woman.Very friendly staff.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Egypt

I was happy top stay there,very nice staff,nice roof top,few tourist but nice location and very friendly people

I'd rather not have you pass my comments to New Palace because I know it will do no good and I don't want to offend anyone. However,I would strongly suggest - to hostelworld- that you send one of your representative there and do so without announcing who you are. That is a better way to speak a thousand words. Now, the staff were very good, very helpful and mostly friendly. I am totally enjoying my stay in Dahab and I will share my comments when I return home (I did not bring my laptop) r

nice place for backpackers. nice rooftop. location is near downtown and the museum. recommended to any travellers who like to meet other travellers.

First of all; if you come to Egypt and you expect western standards, expect to pay western prices. New Palace is definitey good in it's price category in Cairo, but as everything is in Egypt, it can be quite dusty. The cleaning crew seems to be doing their best though. The staff are great, but sometimes a bit lacking in English and tend to be slightly pushy sometimes. Intentions are good though. Finding the hotel and orientating in the area is tricky, be warned and come prepared with a map!

The place was fairly good value for money for Cairo. The bedrooms were a little grotty but acceptable, and the location was nice and close to Ramses station, and the breakfast was nice too. I think the place would be a lot better though, if they sacked all the staff and replaced them with other people. They are all rude and obnoxious, and constantly pressure you into going on their expensive tours.

Dear sir,I found that you did 2 reservations with 2 comments so I understand that if you did not like the place for the first time and you complained from the staff and being dirty place so why you deicded to come back and stay again in the same place and with the same people whom you already complained from and we will change the whole staff according to your opinion.

Fairly centrally located, but very dirty, and staff are very obnoxious, and pressure you into taking tours

Dear sir,thank you for the comment and I hope that we will improve our place but the first reservartion was on the 31st of december and you rated us 30% and then you made another reservation on the 1st of January and you rated us 43% so it means that in one night we improved around 13% which is not bad and I hope it will be much better in the future

NewPalacehostel is very cheap place to stay in a central part of the city, anyway the cleaness is not so good. The room was fine and big, there was a big window and three beds only for me. The terrace is big and confortable, and the breakfast good enough. Anyway this place can be hold in a better way,the shared bathrooms were so bad, in one for 2 days the lights was broken,and in the other one no water for WC.. so I was using the first in the dark! Staff is ok! MAybe you can find a better place

• 27th Sep 2011

This was my second time at the hostel as I enjoyed my first visit so much. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Very comfortable rooms and a fantastic rooftop sitting area to meet other travelers. I arrived in Cairo on my own and made many friends at the hostel who looked after me and helped me with sight seeing plans. The hostel is in an exciting area of Cairo, lots to see and do. The hostel can also organise very good priced tours, worth looking into before you make tour bookings.

I always come back here, cause this place fits me. The Staff is friendly and helpful, the place is clean and secure and it has all the necessary facilities. Besides, they have a good offers for tours. The location offers you to explore the DownTown, not from the very center though, but it has a lot of fascinating things to see around. To cut a long story short, if you need a good relatively cheap place to stand in Cairo with internet and good service, ou can hardly find a place better.

• 16th Jul 2011
  • Mosca_Morena
  • Belarus

The accomodation was excellant for Downtown Cairo. The staff were very accomodating and happy to help. Tour services were also provided and i felt very safe and well looked after in the area. All the facilities I rwquired were provided inclusing airport transfer.

It is an excellent choice of hotel for the nice comfortable rooms and downtown location at such low prices. And it has a very nice roof garden, free WIFI and several cute cats~~

i visited here after the revolution. so the rooftop was almost deserted and couldn't see many guests. but i believe this is all seasonal matter. in cairo it might be difficult for you to find the better place than here. only the problem for me was location. but it depends on what you want. it's located on between the train station and tahrir sq. so easy access to everywhere. but, since i've been to cairo before, i want to stay near tahrir.hope situations be recovered soon. cheers Misir!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7