New Palace Hotel Reviews

17, Soliman El Halaby St, From Emad El Din St, Cairo, Egypt

I loved staying at this place, the hotel is neat, comfortable and safe. The staff are pretty helpful, specially the owner who was there every day to make sure that we have everything we needed. He was great company and help during our time there. We even got a great tour for our time there that we managed to arrange from there too with Ahmed´s help. I felt safe and had an amazing time in Cairo, thanks for everything! we got much much more than just a hotel room, I TOTALLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE

• 16th May 2014
  • Ecuador

Very safe,quiet compared to other places,big hostel ,room with breakfast and TV.Good for the price and safe as a single woman.Very friendly staff.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Egypt

I was happy top stay there,very nice staff,nice roof top,few tourist but nice location and very friendly people

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Egypt

I'd rather not have you pass my comments to New Palace because I know it will do no good and I don't want to offend anyone. However,I would strongly suggest - to hostelworld- that you send one of your representative there and do so without announcing who you are. That is a better way to speak a thousand words. Now, the staff were very good, very helpful and mostly friendly. I am totally enjoying my stay in Dahab and I will share my comments when I return home (I did not bring my laptop) r

nice place for backpackers. nice rooftop. location is near downtown and the museum. recommended to any travellers who like to meet other travellers.

First of all; if you come to Egypt and you expect western standards, expect to pay western prices. New Palace is definitey good in it's price category in Cairo, but as everything is in Egypt, it can be quite dusty. The cleaning crew seems to be doing their best though. The staff are great, but sometimes a bit lacking in English and tend to be slightly pushy sometimes. Intentions are good though. Finding the hotel and orientating in the area is tricky, be warned and come prepared with a map!

The place was fairly good value for money for Cairo. The bedrooms were a little grotty but acceptable, and the location was nice and close to Ramses station, and the breakfast was nice too. I think the place would be a lot better though, if they sacked all the staff and replaced them with other people. They are all rude and obnoxious, and constantly pressure you into going on their expensive tours.

Dear sir,I found that you did 2 reservations with 2 comments so I understand that if you did not like the place for the first time and you complained from the staff and being dirty place so why you deicded to come back and stay again in the same place and with the same people whom you already complained from and we will change the whole staff according to your opinion.

Fairly centrally located, but very dirty, and staff are very obnoxious, and pressure you into taking tours

Dear sir,thank you for the comment and I hope that we will improve our place but the first reservartion was on the 31st of december and you rated us 30% and then you made another reservation on the 1st of January and you rated us 43% so it means that in one night we improved around 13% which is not bad and I hope it will be much better in the future

NewPalacehostel is very cheap place to stay in a central part of the city, anyway the cleaness is not so good. The room was fine and big, there was a big window and three beds only for me. The terrace is big and confortable, and the breakfast good enough. Anyway this place can be hold in a better way,the shared bathrooms were so bad, in one for 2 days the lights was broken,and in the other one no water for WC.. so I was using the first in the dark! Staff is ok! MAybe you can find a better place

• 27th Sep 2011

This was my second time at the hostel as I enjoyed my first visit so much. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Very comfortable rooms and a fantastic rooftop sitting area to meet other travelers. I arrived in Cairo on my own and made many friends at the hostel who looked after me and helped me with sight seeing plans. The hostel is in an exciting area of Cairo, lots to see and do. The hostel can also organise very good priced tours, worth looking into before you make tour bookings.

I always come back here, cause this place fits me. The Staff is friendly and helpful, the place is clean and secure and it has all the necessary facilities. Besides, they have a good offers for tours. The location offers you to explore the DownTown, not from the very center though, but it has a lot of fascinating things to see around. To cut a long story short, if you need a good relatively cheap place to stand in Cairo with internet and good service, ou can hardly find a place better.

• 16th Jul 2011
  • Mosca_Morena
  • Belarus

The accomodation was excellant for Downtown Cairo. The staff were very accomodating and happy to help. Tour services were also provided and i felt very safe and well looked after in the area. All the facilities I rwquired were provided inclusing airport transfer.

It is an excellent choice of hotel for the nice comfortable rooms and downtown location at such low prices. And it has a very nice roof garden, free WIFI and several cute cats~~

i visited here after the revolution. so the rooftop was almost deserted and couldn't see many guests. but i believe this is all seasonal matter. in cairo it might be difficult for you to find the better place than here. only the problem for me was location. but it depends on what you want. it's located on between the train station and tahrir sq. so easy access to everywhere. but, since i've been to cairo before, i want to stay near tahrir.hope situations be recovered soon. cheers Misir!

I come to this hotel each time i go to Egypt : i have such a great time there ! The staff is very friendly and helpfull, the rooms are cleaned, and the roof is a wonderful place to stay to meet many travellers from all over the world ! The hotel is really well-situed, in the center of down town, close to shops and so on. Besides, this hotel is cheap. In few words, i highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to enjoy his time in Cairo !

It is an excellent place at very reasonable prices

it was very good. we enjoyed our trip in Egypt; We could use the kitchen to make our food, so we didn't had to spend a lot of money...The bathroom was clean. The staff was great.

I am a CIEE student studying abroad at UJ in Amman. I came to Egypt for Eid and I was going to be by myself for a day - a little sketch; but I got very lucky, I booked a room with New Palace Hostel. The first attraction was the price: student affordable. the second: HOT WATER! third: breakfast, linens, all included. Dr. Ahmed, the owner, understood my low budget and went out of his way to help me. All the workers were very nice also. Its located downtown, near the bus station and train station. It's not as

The staff was friendly

Dear fellow travellers, you are probably sitting there as i was there also trying to decide whether or not to go on tour organized through the new palace hotel. Let me put your mind at ease .Firstly this hotel is one of if not the best i ve ever stayed. All of the stuff have been extremely friendly and helpful especially Ahmed and Abdalah. They organize this tour for me, took all the stress and hassle out of it for me. Enjoy ur time in Egypt at the new palace hotel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7