New Road Guest House Reviews

1216/1 Charoen Krung between soi 34 and 36, Bangkok, Thailand

New road is recommended for all traveller who want to visit bangkok essentials because near with oriental pear and very easy to go to the grand palace, wat pho, and wat arun. If u want to go to asiatique also very easy from there.. but a quite far from saphan taksin pier. From saphan taksin pier to hostel it takes about 20 minutes walking and becareful if u go at night.. theres a scam there.. becarefull with people or couple who looks like professional.. they will talk to you and try to scam u..

Its really awesome to have an information desk to help you plan your trip. For someone like me who haven't planned nothing, it helped me a lot to understand Thailand and the surrounding to get started. The tour and everything they offer seem a bit overpriced I think but all the support they give you is priceless.

• 8th Dec 2014

Pretty quiet when I was here. Only talked with 3 other travels but was only there for a night seemed good, got a few bug bites Sitting in the dorm bar area. Sign to see the hostel was in the alley walked right by it. It says between 34-36 but it's first ally after 34.

We'd like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and for spending some of your time in writing your comment. We hope there'll be another chance to host you again.

Blanket and towel were wet when I arrived in the evening. Very loud, under the dorm is a party room with loud music till 4am. No nice atmosphere. Staff is very loud in the morning. In the shower is no space for towel, clothes etc. Most of the time shower was cold. Nothing to do around this area, but you reach the skytrain within 10-15 minutes

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at New Road Guesthouse. I deeply apologize if we cannot fulfill your satisfaction. We will take your review and develop it to a better guesthouse.

Everything was great in the dorm. My only complain is about the shower. There was no place to let any thing (champoo, towel, etc) inside the shower. It was very small and there wasn't hot water.

Fine place to stay, no problems at all.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Nice place to stay. Staff really friendly. 10-15 min walking from the skytrain/taxi boat station, but that's ok. A little bit hard to find anyway. Located on a small street, not along the Charoen Krung street (look for the sign just after soi 36).

It was a decent place to stay, definitely got what Iaid for. The beds were very poor however and was afraid they might fall apart. The staff were nice and the front desk helpful. It constantly smelled of mold and it was difficult to find somewhere quiet

This was such a great guesthouse to arrive to in Bangkok the staff couldn't do enough for us and included us in their loy krathrong celebrations. It is a little way out of the main tourist area but honestly that's such a relief to get away from the noise and bustle of places such as koh sarn rd. great stay would recommend it to anybody going to Thailand xx

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your time, and hope we will see you stay with us once again in the future.

The dorms are a seperate building from the rooms as the place is an actual guest house. Decent beds. But choose the top bunk. It doesnt curve in as much. This place attracts lots of danish people. Only big problem is that rush hour traffic makes it insanely difficult to get back.

Beds are pads on noisy aluminum sheets of metal. Bag storage lacks any real security & a camera is not enough to stop a thief. Staff is there but not very helpful. I booked the 125 baht dorm room special on Holloween night..so I did more partying than sleeping. So, yes, I got my 125 baht worth, but may not really pay more for this experience. BTS Skytrain is a brisk 15 minute walk. BTS river ferry (18 baht) runs infrequently in the middle of the day. Bus 35/RR train station.

almost perfect.too bad they not in good location.need a little walk to the bts and at night 1 man from the other bed take girl come inside the dorm and they talk in the middle of the night.but overall very very nice.keep up the good work.i'll come again if i have change to visit thailand.thanks for the great experience :)

All you need. Breakfast is a little pricey for Thailand, but you can always look elsewhere if you have a small budget. There is a bar, beds are comfy, rooms and bathrooms are clean, staff are helpful. Good price for what you get - its a nice hostel! Thanks :)

Room size very small. Worse than a Pigeon hole.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • India

Amazing hostel, the staff is really friendly and helpful and speak good English. There are a lot of backpackers so it's easy to meet new people. The dorms are really clean and got both airconditioning and fans. It is located outside of the tourist area, but close to all kinds of public transport.

Awesome place, near Si Lom, where you can find nice places to party and eat. The taxis had some difficulty finding it though. Very clean and staff is excellent.

Average, slightly overpriced hostel/guesthouse in Thailand, but the staff did me a huge favor by holding a pair of boots I had left there for over a month while I was in Cambodia. For that reason I won't stay anywhere else, despite the lack of security in the dorms and the falling quality of the breakfasts!

Really good hostel! Comfortable beds, and nice rooms! The location is a little away from some of the cities main sights, but it's very easy to get a taxi on Charoen Krung right outside! I'll definitely be recommending it!

Very dissapointed with their service. We had a bag with dirty clothes which was taken from our room, without our request for it, nor filling the laundry form, and we found out that our clothes were sent to be washed. The next day we received our clothes, and when Eventually they make me pay for it, offering me only a 25% discount on my bill (note that price was already 3-4 times more expensive than outside). I would never repeat there!!

every time I asked them how to get somewhere by public transport, they would suggest that I take a taxi, and they looked sort of puzzled when I told them that public transport meant bus, train, metro, etc, they actually didn't answer my email asking for instructions on how to get from the airport. Other than that, all was super good, great value for money, particularly now with the discounts that they have.

Thank you for your review and detailed description of our accommodations and facilities We are thankful to hear such comments from your respective point of view about our Guesthouse location, food, internet and service. Everyday we are getting a lot of emails inquiries. We are apologize that we did not reply you back and fulfill your expectation. Howeverm, it will be our pleasure should you wish to consider New Road Guesthouse for your next stay