New Road Guest House Reviews

1216/1 Charoen Krung between soi 34 and 36, Bangkok, Thailand

Great space and atmosphere. The staff is very friendly. My main concerns are that I reported there was a very intoxicated man in my dorm room and I saw him inappropriately touching another female who was sleeping. This made me feel very unsafe and uncomfortable. I was able to switch rooms but I was surprised to still see the man there for a few more nights. He should have been asked to leave. Also, the bathrooms were constantly out of toilet paper and the shower area is full of mosquitoes.

Really nice hostel!!

The guesthouse was nice, I met a lot of cool people here. The staff was helpful and very friendly, it was also nice with the travel agency by the reception, so you could get some tips on where to go etc.

Loved our stay here!! Thanks for having us :)

It's in a not-so-easy to find location, and if you have too much luggage you need to face the narrow stairs. Room was basic but clean, and bed a bit noisy/old. Wifi was ok, booking online for mixed dorm gives a better price. They offer short and long term (3 months!) storage. Options to eat or transport aren't that close, but the pier is very nearby, and saphan taksin is like a 5-10 min walk. The closest 7-eleven is probably in 10 min wallk, though. But it's cheap, and it looks like a hotel.

Great hostel with great facilities and staff, the price was cheap and that made up for the Loud, hard beds, and weak cold showers

New road guesthouse has changed more better day by day, thank you!

Room is big enough for 10 people. Shower is a bit old but clean. Location is a bit far away from BTS station but it is ok.

First time ever in a hostel and i really enjoyed my stay. I ate in the restaurant the first night and although the food was good i did find an bit of a metal scourer in my food. I didn't make a big deal out of it as I am a chef myself and I know its rare and occasionally it does happen by accident. This wasn't the reason i didn't use the restaurant again though.

Average hostel. Stayed here for its proximity to the BTS and water taxi. Walking distance to Chinatown.

If you book by HW it will be cheaper then pay by cash. But not always, it's providing by promoting

The room it was really little, and the bathroom too.

Such a lovely hostel to start my trip. Many solo backpackers like me from all over the world, a very good atmosphere and such a kind staff. The common room is really cosy at night with lots of people interacting, and there are stalls with food and fruits nearby. It is quite easy to take a boat or the skytrain to the center. Would stay here again for sure!!

Good hostel, out of main Bangkok a little but nice clean and helpful staff.

Booked private room and had a cold shower. It's far from khaosan Road, but we knew before we booked it. Bad point was being woke up two days in a row at 8am by cleaning staff. Otherwise nice room, clean.

Average facilities cleanliness etc, but i payed 150baht per night so what can you expect? Fantastic value for money, must be linked with a dutch tourist company however as everyone was dutch so harder to start up conversations. Still fine experience for what i needed/wanted.

Great location, very friendly english-speaking staff, nice rooms with fans.. had a very nice time there!

I think for the very little backpacker room, I payed way too much money. I didn't enjoy the info meeting because I didn't get travelling information, mostly just information about your tours.

• 21st Jun 2015

Good value and convenient hostel. Pleasant atmosphere and comfortable outside seating area with wifi. The area was quiet at night so good for sleeping. Well situated 10/15 minute walk from BTS and close to a variety of street food stalls, also within walking distance of china town (depending on how lazy you are and how slowly you walk). The room with air conditioning was very comfortable, the rooms with just a fan were a little bit stuffy. Some minor problems with hot water and toilet flushing.

Bunk beds are very noisy and this makes it hard to sleep. Our dorm room was long and then and rhe airconditioning unit was located on the other side of the room so we were hot.