New Road Guest House Reviews

1216/1 Charoen Krung between soi 34 and 36, Bangkok, Thailand

Room size very small. Worse than a Pigeon hole.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • India

Amazing hostel, the staff is really friendly and helpful and speak good English. There are a lot of backpackers so it's easy to meet new people. The dorms are really clean and got both airconditioning and fans. It is located outside of the tourist area, but close to all kinds of public transport.

• 11th Oct 2014

Awesome place, near Si Lom, where you can find nice places to party and eat. The taxis had some difficulty finding it though. Very clean and staff is excellent.

Average, slightly overpriced hostel/guesthouse in Thailand, but the staff did me a huge favor by holding a pair of boots I had left there for over a month while I was in Cambodia. For that reason I won't stay anywhere else, despite the lack of security in the dorms and the falling quality of the breakfasts!

Really good hostel! Comfortable beds, and nice rooms! The location is a little away from some of the cities main sights, but it's very easy to get a taxi on Charoen Krung right outside! I'll definitely be recommending it!

Very dissapointed with their service. We had a bag with dirty clothes which was taken from our room, without our request for it, nor filling the laundry form, and we found out that our clothes were sent to be washed. The next day we received our clothes, and when Eventually they make me pay for it, offering me only a 25% discount on my bill (note that price was already 3-4 times more expensive than outside). I would never repeat there!!

every time I asked them how to get somewhere by public transport, they would suggest that I take a taxi, and they looked sort of puzzled when I told them that public transport meant bus, train, metro, etc, they actually didn't answer my email asking for instructions on how to get from the airport. Other than that, all was super good, great value for money, particularly now with the discounts that they have.

Thank you for your review and detailed description of our accommodations and facilities We are thankful to hear such comments from your respective point of view about our Guesthouse location, food, internet and service. Everyday we are getting a lot of emails inquiries. We are apologize that we did not reply you back and fulfill your expectation. Howeverm, it will be our pleasure should you wish to consider New Road Guesthouse for your next stay

Great little hostel in Bangkok. I arrived very late and even left my trekking boots behind, but in regards to both they were extremely accommodating. The breakfast buffet, if a little pricey, was delicious and a great start to the day.

Thank you for your nice review and detailed description of our accommodations and facilities We are thankful to hear such comments from your respective point of view about our Guesthouse location, food, internet and service It will be our pleasure should you wish to consider New Road Guesthouse for your next stay and we will be glad to be on contact with you for your forthcoming stay arrangements

It's a nice place close to a good area to buy food and close to the BRT and MRT. The food is expensive there and you don't get so much, but other than that it's good.

Thank you for your nice review and detailed description of our accommodations and facilities We are thankful to hear such comments from your respective point of view about our Guesthouse location and food It will be our pleasure should you wish to consider New Road Guesthouse for your next stay and we will be glad to be on contact with you for your forthcoming stay arrangements

New road guest house has a great backpacker vibe. Lots of people coming a going. We got a standard fan room which kept us plenty cool, though the room was a bit small and the shower was pretty tiny. Breakfast was good, if a little pricy for Thailand, still an all you can eat buffet so can't complain too much. The location was okay -- about a 10 minute walk to the pier and 10 minute walk to the sky train. Not to much sight seeing in the immediate vicinity, but it was also pretty quiet at night.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Lots of information about Thailand and SE Asia tours, nice restaurant/cafe, clean place, provides lockers both in the rooms and in the lobby, the location is o-k, not too far from anything but not particularly convenient either. The beds struck me as rather large, especially for being bunk beds. Overall, good value for money, though I wish they would leave the a/c on during the day!

The staff is not nice. I reserved online a bed in a dormitory and when I arrived earlier than 12 they told me to come back at 12h which I would understand because that is the check in hour. At 12h they said I should come back at 14h because the cleaning ladies were in break time then they thought a little and said I should come back at 15h. Even if you reserve with them you're not sure to have a place in the Hostel. WORST place I have ever been!!

The New Road Guest House is amazingly air conditioned like all shops and stores here in Bangkok. It is clean and organized. The staff knows how to run the place and its location is very near the public transit train which can take you anywhere in to town. We very much enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend it to our friends and other travelers.

This hostel is in a convenient location, Sky train station and the Speed Boat Express line are very near it and can easily connect you to the major tourist sites. Also, I found the staff to be very helpful and the place is very well kept clean. They provide buffet breakfast, lunch, or dinner for about 120bath. My only negative remark would be that the shower stalls where a bit small and you can really have enough place to change. Other than that I enjoyed my stay here and would book again.

This place is perfect for backpacking cause it's very near all major transport system. Also you get to spend time making new friends in their common area. Their computer allowed me to work as well. Good wifi connection. The staff was very helpful and speaks good English. Creaky beds though but I'm still able to sleep. Bring own padlocks for locker. The cleaners are very polite and caring. They will always tell me to slow down in the stairs when it's wet. Restaurant though was quite pricy.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you had a great stay with us and we could help you with what you needed. We hope you can stay with us again. Regards, Reception Team

We stayed in a double standard room, we very tiny, barely any room to move and bathroom wasn't that nice. Far too hot with just a fan!

Its a great price for Bangkok and the staff go out of their way to help you out. That being said, I've stayed at places with much more modern facilities. The neighborhood is good because its close to the skytrain and boats but there isn't much to do in the immediate area. You can leave bags with them for free for 3 months which is awesome.

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you had a great stay with us and we could help you fulfill what you needed. We hope you can stay with us again. Regards, Reception Team

The service and staff were wonderful. And very informative.

Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and we could fulfill what you needed. We hope you can stay with us again. Regards, Reception Team

Really nice hostel, free cafee and Wi-Fi, staff do speak English, good public transport connections. And its cheap!

i got a room in kikis number two, which is quite far from kiki one, the boy walked me there and we had wifi from the hostel next door. my room was on the ground floor and the other hostel dwellers would party in the common area it was really noisy, i made the, stop at 10, the staff smoked and their smoke went into my room even after i had asked them to plesse close my window when they are gonna smoke