7.4
Very Good 724 Total Reviews
7.4
Very Good 724 Total Reviews
New Road Guest House Located at 1216/1 Charoen Krung between soi 34 and 36, , Bangkok.
Thailand

• maryjoellison6052
  • England, Female, 25-30
13th Aug 2016
3.7

We booked this hostel after reading what ammenities it had as I hurt my leg on our trip and had to walk using crutches. The overview pointed out that buiding work was going on (which is fine), also said there was an elevator - there was not! I struggled up 4 flights of stairs on crutches with my backpack with no help from staff. Room was awful; a prison cell. Metal sheets beneath matress which creaked everytime we moved. Terrible location. No atmosphere. Worst hostel I've ever stayed in.

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24
7th Aug 2016
6.6

Room not like the pictures

• China, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2016
5.1

Noisy really noisy I had booked 5nighs but I just stayed one night because i cannot sleep well there Someone was talking and making noise outside at the midnight when I was really tired and wanna a good sleep And the toilet bowl was bad and no one fix it.

24th Jul 2016
6.0

Excellent location (right by ferry, near train station, plenty of restaurants around). Bit concerned that our room was left opened midway through the day despite locking it up in the morning (although nothing was taken!). Staff seemed friendly though not terribly helpful.

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
18th Jul 2016
8.0

Very good hostel for the price, crashed there for a night after a late flight. No complaints

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
5th Jul 2016

Located slightly out of the way but the hostel is clean and secure and I would book again. Probably the closest place within walking distance is the patpong night market (red light district). It is one straight road which takes around 20 mins.

• England, Couple, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016
2.0

We arrived down an alleyway in the ass end of nowhere, went in gave my name, the lady asked me to look for my name on a sheet of paper, I wasn't on there, we then waited for about 15 minutes as she said something about a double booking, she gave us a key to the room, we walked up the stairs to the dreary horror film looking hallway, pushed open our door as it didn't even shut, to a box room that was filthy and mouldy with a small fan in the corner, we turned around and walked straight back out.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016
7.7

This was a little out of the way but close enough to public transport to not be an issue. The staff were really helpful and the 'Beyond Asia' desk was excellent. We had a private room so the security was just us locking the door. Would have been better with lockers. It was a perfectly good place for a few nights but no longer.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
19th Jun 2016
8.0

We had a great view

4th Jun 2016
7.1

the beds were not good, made a very loud noise when I moved, WiFi was ok, not great, I could connect WiFi to my laptop but not my phone. If you have a Train journey the next day then staying here is good, its close to the main Train Station. but that's it, its not really close to any popular nightlife. I would only stay here 1 night, and I wouldn't stay here again. Staff seemed nice and friendly though :) .