7.8
Very Good 710 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 710 Total Reviews
New Road Guest House Located at 1216/1 Charoen Krung between soi 34 and 36, , Bangkok.
Thailand
Bangkok 10500 1216/1 Charoen Krung between soi 34 and 36
78% 710
13.7257007 100.5160295
    Rooms available

• Indonesia, Male, 18-24
10th Apr 2016
6.9

I had bad experience here. I lost my money almost 2000 Bath. I booked a private room. So I have my own room and always leave the door locked wherever I go. Unfortunetely, they don't have any camera security in front of my room. Such a nightmare. But the rest is good.

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Apr 2016
7.1

We only stayed one night so only got a glimpse of the hostel really. We got a private twin, which turned out to be like a prison cell, so in future I'd go for a dorm. It had everything you needed, though a towel would have been a nice extra. Decent location with a short walk to the river boat that will take you to the attraction areas. Good street food down silom road..

• USA, Female, 25-30
28th Mar 2016

The only problem I had with this place is that I can't give it 10 stars just for the staff alone. I loved new road guest house for the location of being 10 minutes away from sky train. The staff having great recommendations for places to eat and being super friendly and awesome. They also have free tours at 11 and a little reaturant inside if you don't feel up to the challenge of going out to find something to eat. Along with the fact that they will book tours for you around the city.

• Indonesia, Female, 41+
24th Feb 2016
6.0

Be careful when you book the taxi to airport from this guest house, make sure the taxi driver take you to the correct airport. We clearly mentioned Don Mueang airport when we booked the taxi, even the staff made the memo but we ended up at Suvarnabhumi airport instead. We almost missed our flight to home and when we complained by email to the guest house the next day, no one seemed to care, not even the reply for a simple apologize.

2nd Feb 2016

I have stayed at this guesthouse several times, and the staff is always happy and helpful! And the travel agency deck next to the reception is very nice! The last time I stayed there I had book a privat room, but they did not find my booking, they were very nice about it and they ended up upgrading me to a better room for the night I had booked. I will definitely stay here again!

• Slovenia, Couple, 25-30
31st Jan 2016
7.7

Hiddin behind a small entrance on the main street is a beasutiful place, with nice sorroundings and chill area. The location isnt the best but for the crazy of Bangkok mybe a better start than Kao San Road. The staff is superb and gives you all the info you need to settele in. Recomand it for the first few days in Bangkok.

13th Jan 2016
7.7

My boyfriend and I didn't stay here long, just two night. Bathroom and rooms were clean, small and efficient. We didn't know you had to book a room with AC, make sure you check before booking whether you have AC or not, if it's a big deal. We had a hostel in Chiang Mai without AC and it was perfectly fine, but Bangkok was so much more hot and humid, might be better to have AC. We didn't stay longer for any of the amenities and the tour center was helpful for most guest but we didn't use them s

21st Dec 2015

Don't let the location ratings fool you on this one, access to the Palace and big Wats is extremely easy (and scenic) using the river boat for about 1 USD. Everything else was pretty outstanding here. The Thai food is great at the restaurant downstairs, although if you want to switch it up theres plenty of local restaurants and cafes in the area. Clean dorms, (the pillars are like rocks though- bring your own) WITH air conditioning (thank god). Travel desk, books, internet, all in all great deal

• USA, Couple, 31-40
18th Dec 2015

staff was great. great value

• England, Male, 25-30
18th Dec 2015
6.6

I didn't enjoy having to make my own bed-especially at 12 o'clock at night when I've just arrived.