New Road Guest House Reviews

1216/1 Charoen Krung between soi 34 and 36, Bangkok, Thailand

Hiddin behind a small entrance on the main street is a beasutiful place, with nice sorroundings and chill area. The location isnt the best but for the crazy of Bangkok mybe a better start than Kao San Road. The staff is superb and gives you all the info you need to settele in. Recomand it for the first few days in Bangkok.

• 31st Jan 2016
  • Slovenia

My boyfriend and I didn't stay here long, just two night. Bathroom and rooms were clean, small and efficient. We didn't know you had to book a room with AC, make sure you check before booking whether you have AC or not, if it's a big deal. We had a hostel in Chiang Mai without AC and it was perfectly fine, but Bangkok was so much more hot and humid, might be better to have AC. We didn't stay longer for any of the amenities and the tour center was helpful for most guest but we didn't use them s

staff was great. great value

• 18th Dec 2015

I didn't enjoy having to make my own bed-especially at 12 o'clock at night when I've just arrived.

• 18th Dec 2015

It's my second time in this hostel, and I realize it is only valuable for the rooms, not the dorms. the good is: they offer luggage storage for free. and some staff are too nice, others don't bother to stop doing their things instead of paying attention to you.

I've stayed in these dorms before, but this time I opted to get a private room and it was worth the extra money. It's like a whole 'nother world up there. the rooms are very basic, but they are clean and comfy. would definitely consider staying here again on a future trip in a private room.

The lighting in the dorms could have been better, as it was a bit dark.

Was an average hostel. Atmosphere was lacking and the location was not the best. The rooms were good and the staff were helpful when needed but not super friendly.

Great space and atmosphere. The staff is very friendly. My main concerns are that I reported there was a very intoxicated man in my dorm room and I saw him inappropriately touching another female who was sleeping. This made me feel very unsafe and uncomfortable. I was able to switch rooms but I was surprised to still see the man there for a few more nights. He should have been asked to leave. Also, the bathrooms were constantly out of toilet paper and the shower area is full of mosquitoes.

Really nice hostel!!

The guesthouse was nice, I met a lot of cool people here. The staff was helpful and very friendly, it was also nice with the travel agency by the reception, so you could get some tips on where to go etc.

Loved our stay here!! Thanks for having us :)

It's in a not-so-easy to find location, and if you have too much luggage you need to face the narrow stairs. Room was basic but clean, and bed a bit noisy/old. Wifi was ok, booking online for mixed dorm gives a better price. They offer short and long term (3 months!) storage. Options to eat or transport aren't that close, but the pier is very nearby, and saphan taksin is like a 5-10 min walk. The closest 7-eleven is probably in 10 min wallk, though. But it's cheap, and it looks like a hotel.

Great hostel with great facilities and staff, the price was cheap and that made up for the Loud, hard beds, and weak cold showers

New road guesthouse has changed more better day by day, thank you!

Room is big enough for 10 people. Shower is a bit old but clean. Location is a bit far away from BTS station but it is ok.

First time ever in a hostel and i really enjoyed my stay. I ate in the restaurant the first night and although the food was good i did find an bit of a metal scourer in my food. I didn't make a big deal out of it as I am a chef myself and I know its rare and occasionally it does happen by accident. This wasn't the reason i didn't use the restaurant again though.

Average hostel. Stayed here for its proximity to the BTS and water taxi. Walking distance to Chinatown.

If you book by HW it will be cheaper then pay by cash. But not always, it's providing by promoting