Very Good 720 Total Reviews
Very Good 720 Total Reviews
New Road Guest House Located at 1216/1 Charoen Krung between soi 34 and 36, , Bangkok.
Thailand
Bangkok 10500 1216/1 Charoen Krung between soi 34 and 36
77% 720
13.7257007 100.5160295
    Rooms available

24th Jul 2016
6.0

Excellent location (right by ferry, near train station, plenty of restaurants around). Bit concerned that our room was left opened midway through the day despite locking it up in the morning (although nothing was taken!). Staff seemed friendly though not terribly helpful.

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
5th Jul 2016

Located slightly out of the way but the hostel is clean and secure and I would book again. Probably the closest place within walking distance is the patpong night market (red light district). It is one straight road which takes around 20 mins.

• England, Couple, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016
2.0

We arrived down an alleyway in the ass end of nowhere, went in gave my name, the lady asked me to look for my name on a sheet of paper, I wasn't on there, we then waited for about 15 minutes as she said something about a double booking, she gave us a key to the room, we walked up the stairs to the dreary horror film looking hallway, pushed open our door as it didn't even shut, to a box room that was filthy and mouldy with a small fan in the corner, we turned around and walked straight back out.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Jun 2016
7.7

This was a little out of the way but close enough to public transport to not be an issue. The staff were really helpful and the 'Beyond Asia' desk was excellent. We had a private room so the security was just us locking the door. Would have been better with lockers. It was a perfectly good place for a few nights but no longer.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
19th Jun 2016
8.0

We had a great view

4th Jun 2016
7.1

the beds were not good, made a very loud noise when I moved, WiFi was ok, not great, I could connect WiFi to my laptop but not my phone. If you have a Train journey the next day then staying here is good, its close to the main Train Station. but that's it, its not really close to any popular nightlife. I would only stay here 1 night, and I wouldn't stay here again. Staff seemed nice and friendly though :) .

• China, Female, 25-30
20th Apr 2016

Very friendly staff and very helpful, good location for hunting yummy food;-) really cool Danish hostel:-) lol

• Indonesia, Male, 18-24
10th Apr 2016
6.9

I had bad experience here. I lost my money almost 2000 Bath. I booked a private room. So I have my own room and always leave the door locked wherever I go. Unfortunetely, they don't have any camera security in front of my room. Such a nightmare. But the rest is good.

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Apr 2016
7.1

We only stayed one night so only got a glimpse of the hostel really. We got a private twin, which turned out to be like a prison cell, so in future I'd go for a dorm. It had everything you needed, though a towel would have been a nice extra. Decent location with a short walk to the river boat that will take you to the attraction areas. Good street food down silom road..

• USA, Female, 25-30
28th Mar 2016

The only problem I had with this place is that I can't give it 10 stars just for the staff alone. I loved new road guest house for the location of being 10 minutes away from sky train. The staff having great recommendations for places to eat and being super friendly and awesome. They also have free tours at 11 and a little reaturant inside if you don't feel up to the challenge of going out to find something to eat. Along with the fact that they will book tours for you around the city.