New Teddy's Place

9.0
Superb 138 Total Reviews

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
16th Mar 2017

My friends and I had a beautiful weekend at New Teddy's. The rooms were very cool, with sand for the floor - just like you never left the beach! They do great cocktails and the staff are lovely, fun and helpful. Would recommend :)

• Norway, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2017

A great place to stay on Zanzibar. The staff is amazing, especially Mohammed. I traveled here by my self, I have felt safe the whole time I've been here. The food is really amazing. It is very social and it is easy to get to know people. It takes about 30 seconds to the beach, and it is beautiful. I will definitely stay here the next time I come. Love it!

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

What a fantastic place to stay!!! The staff at New Teddy's Place are what made our time there so enjoyable. Security at the hostel was brilliant, and they even walked us to the village and back to exchange money. The rooms cannot be faulted and the food was absolutely fantastic - in fact I am a little mad about the weight I probably gained from eating all of Benson's incredible curries. Big thanks to Leonie, Mr Nice, Raphael and Benson for being such great hosts.

Thanks Emily! Thanks for coming and staying and especially for this great review! It was lovely having you here. Please come again! I read your review to Benson and he was sooooo happy! Best to you Dada.

8th Feb 2017

I have backpacked around for a while and have seen many different places. Teddy's New place is a good one for sinlge travellers or groups. The manager is European, the stuff is very helpful, food is good, hammocks, the beach is 50m away, free wifi, security at night. Very easy-going vibes in the evenings. Beds are comfy.

Dear Vladimir. Thank you very much for your kind words. We really appreciate your feedback. Asante. And also thank you for resting your tired bones in our hammocks after doing KILI! Hope to welcome you again one day. Best from us all.

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
23rd Jan 2017

My buddy and I spent 15 nights here in Jan/Feb and found New Teddy's Place to be a true gem in Paje. Since the main goal of our trip was to Kiteboard at Paje beach we appreciated the location being right near the beach. This allowed us to check the wind conditions and easily transport our gear to and from the beach. We found Teddy's offered everything we could want off of the beach as well, including delicious food/drinks, extremely friendly staff and a clean and comfortable place to relax. J&L

ROCKSTARS! Jason and Lorenzo. You are very much on top of our Top-5-Rockstar-Guest-Ranking! Thank you sooo much guys. Thanks for coming and kiting and enjoying Zanzibar. But even more - thanks for enjoying every single life here in our little Teddy's World. Giving swim lessons was the greatest thing a guest ever did. And Benson goes for swimming almost every day. Well done, well done, well done! Thanks a million for changing lifes to the better! You rock! Come back... We need you here for surviving! And thank you so much for this review! YAY! Best Leonie

• Switzerland, Female, 31-40
23rd Jan 2017

I came to this place when first arriving on Zanzibar and intended to stay for two nights. After a week I was still here. Left at some point to see other beaches only to return two days later. It felt like coming home to a safe & fun heaven. I am not the only one, during my stay many people kept on returning. Why is easy to see. The staff is great and make you feel really welcome. The cook is great! By now I slept in nearly all the bungalows and dorms and they are lovely & spacious.

Liebe Sandra. DANKE! Danke fuer Dich. Du bist super! Soll ich mal nach Fluegen googeln? Wo bist Du gerade? Beste Greusse, wir vermissen Dich, Staff vermisst Dich! Bestes, Leonie

• Germany, Female, 25-30
18th Jan 2017

It´s like paradise. They perfect place to stay!

12th Jan 2017

Really nice place just 30 meters from the beach. Very friendly and helpful staff, a lot of hammock to chill and the bar to meet locals and travelers. The place has best vibe on Zanzibar. Definitely recommend.

2nd Jan 2017
6.0

Not a very safe area. The hostel itself was very nice and close to the beach.

Hi. Again and forever - we are sorry in the name of Paje that this has happened to you. Luckily never ever happends on our super secure property so I hope one day you come back to us! Take care of yourself and all the best. Leonie, Manager New Teddy's Place

31st Dec 2016
5.4

This place a serious rat problem. The staff warns the guest not to bring food but the rats came into our room and attacked our soap with aloe vera. It would be so easy to wrap the huts in a steel mesh. This place is on the East Coast, there are no ATMs. Hence, paying large sums with cash is difficult. The hostel lets you pay for accommodation using a credit card but other items should be paid in cash which the staff needs to pay for various items in cash. The guests are not your money mules..

Dear, The rat which is a big mouse in fact really was a problem. We apologize even though it is just a problem of the area we are living in. Luckily we got rid off them by different supercool ultrasound and local methods. Phew. Regarding the cash flow - I remember we chatted a lot also about this topic. We told you there are no cash machines. Which we dislike the same. It really would a dream if the banks and government decide to install an ATM on our pretty countryside - but why blaming us for asking your bills to be paid?? We appreciate all feedback but this is not really comprehensible. Why should anybody not pay cash for things he is consuming as we pay them cash too? This is how economy works I guess. Anyways, let's pray together, that one day there will be an ATM. Will keep you posted!