New Teddy's Place

Superb 163 Total Reviews

• yairklyman3567
  • USA, Male, 25-30
14th Jul 2017

The manager and staff were truly helpful. Amazing place

• Belgium, Mixed Group, 18-24
19th Jun 2017

We realy enjoyed our stay at New Teddys. The place was very beautiful, the little huts were awsome and everything was very clean and proper. But the best was the staff who organised very nice trips for us (like the blue safari which is an absolute recommandation), made good Cocktails and who were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast and the dishes in general were delicious and offered a lot of choice. In all we loved our stay and felt like we were in paradise. Hope we can come back soon!

• Chile, All Female Group, 25-30
13th Jun 2017

It's an amazing place with excellent staff, really helpful an friendly. I stay in a dorm room, it was full but you always feel like you have you're own space. The food is amazing and with really good prices.

• England, Couple, 18-24
4th Jun 2017

Amazing place to chill with plenty of hammocks and a great vibe. Bar staff were really friendly and welcoming (Emmanuel springs to mind). HOWEVER! The man who organises trip excursions needs to act more like he's part of the New Teddy's team. Currently he does not wear any uniform and his prices appear to vary from person to person, and are significantly higher than other accommodations across Paje. He was also a rather invasive and pushy character which we found ourselves trying to avoid.

3rd May 2017

They didn't stop the rain when I asked them to

We are terribly sorry. We deserve a rating of 0 for that.

• England, Female, 18-24
29th Apr 2017

I had a great, relaxing week at New Teddy's - despite the near constant rain! The staff - Vicky, Mohammed, Emmanuel and Raphael in particular - are wonderful, and the location is perfect. My banda was basic but had everything I needed, including multiple plug sockets.

20th Apr 2017

Such a lovely place, so chill, good food and super friendly staff. The sand on the floors isnt a problem at all. No aircon, but fans which was actually enough.

29th Mar 2017

Leonie (manager of teddys) really cares about your experience and people in general. It's an amazing beach-side bungalow hostel and they really get it. I booked a couple nights and ended up spending all my nights there except 1 near stone town. I've already recommended Teddy's to people going to Zanzibar. The staff are rock stars and it's a 2 min walk to the beach. Take dala dala to/from town to save money and negotiate hard with people that organize tours and taxi rides.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
16th Mar 2017

My friends and I had a beautiful weekend at New Teddy's. The rooms were very cool, with sand for the floor - just like you never left the beach! They do great cocktails and the staff are lovely, fun and helpful. Would recommend :)

Dear Harriett and gang. Thank you so much for coming and staying with us. We are happy you enjoyed - we did too - and hope you guys will come again (we will organise another pool-party-animateur then). All the best xx

• Norway, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2017

A great place to stay on Zanzibar. The staff is amazing, especially Mohammed. I traveled here by my self, I have felt safe the whole time I've been here. The food is really amazing. It is very social and it is easy to get to know people. It takes about 30 seconds to the beach, and it is beautiful. I will definitely stay here the next time I come. Love it!

Dear Sunniva. Thanks a million for the review, we appreciate a lot - and Mu will too :). Thank you very much and asante sana for coming and staying with us. Until we meet again x