9.3
Superb 90 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 90 Total Reviews
New Teddy's Place Located at Paje, , Zanzibar.
Tanzania
Zanzibar Zanzibar Paje
93% 90
-6.2728978 39.5335292
    Rooms available

• Germany, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016
6.0

Nice place, service was a little slow. During the night they suddenly started playing extremely load music, which didn't stop until 3am. The bed shook, and it seemed like they didn't respect their guests' sleep. The bed looked fine to begin with, but it was broken and very hard to sleep in. Also, we locked our valuables in a safe and were told we could get them at 8am to continue our travels, but the owner hadn't arrived yet, so we had to wait for an hour to get our things.

• Iran, Male, 25-30
2nd Jul 2016

Everything is AMAZING in this hostel: food, music, rooms, beds, environment, staff... the beach is literally 20 seconds away and the view is fascinating! after 4 days there, I was not ready to wear shoes again and leave Zanzibar... Hopefully, we'll catch up again :)

24th Jun 2016

As a solo female traveler, I couldn't imagine a more ideal place. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and they were awesome with helping coordinate rides and activities! The floors are entirely sand, and it was nice and close to the beach. Would definitely go back!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
12th Jun 2016

I am a solo traveler so it is always nerve racking trying to find a place Singles friendly. Teddys was AMAZINGGG!! I made a group of friends there some travelling solo some in groups but was truly an amazing place Mohamed and Mwana that work being the bar are just beautiful people always happy and welcoming. Also leonine the manager is wonderful and helpful. A few nights we had the fire going with music. was great fun. I highly recommend this hostel :)

• USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2016

I absolutely loved my stay at New Teddys Place. The entire staff treats you like family and is so friendly and welcoming. The location is so close to the beach and they have a bar and restaurant on site that serves great food and drinks. They help you with planning any activities and booking reliable taxis. It's about an hour out from stone town but the beaches of Paje are gorgeous. I absolutely recommend solo and group travelers alike

2nd Jun 2016

I had a fantastic time at New Teddy's Place! I was a solo traveler, but was able to meet many great people here. The staff are fun and friendly, and even though I only got a chance to stay 2 nights, I felt connected to this little team! The sand floors in the rooms are great, and after being barefoot for a couple of days, I was not ready to wear shoes again. The food and drinks here are good, there is a fun kite-surfing spot next door, and different beach parties throughout the week!

• Wales, Female, 25-30
1st Jun 2016

Amazing place, great to meet people, very friendly staff. feels like you're in paradise, beautiful location.

• France, Female, 25-30
30th May 2016

I loved the hostel and have already started recommending it! Great energy, super nice people, good food, excellent price, wonderful location! My one and only comment is that you have to be ready to have music playing pretty much 24/7 and into the night...it's definitely a friendly party vibe, not a quiet retreat vibe...but then again if you're not into the music you can always walk off to the beach where it's quieter. I really enjoyed my time very much and am looking forward to returning!

18th Apr 2016

Awesome place! Can't wait to go back someday

• Australia, Female, 25-30
13th Apr 2016

Paul and all the crew here have the vibe spot on! Even in the quiet low season. I came to New Teddys for 2 days and stayed for 12. The food is amazing, the setup is awesome and the beautiful beach is right there. It's feels like you're staying with a bunch of friends, and I made some of the best ones here. Paje is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to be back in paradise