New Teddy's Place

9.6
Superb 190 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 31-40
17th Sep 2017

I've been travelling for 4 years and never written a review. However I feel this is necessary as this was by far my favorite place and staff were amazing. The location is next to the beach, the bar is awesome and the food is delicious. They also have BBQ's on the Beach to watch the Sunset and it's a perfect place to meet people, chill out and party at night. A big thanks to Leonie who took me to the doctor / hospital when I injured my finger. The best experience, see you next year. Darren

• England, Male, 31-40
10th Sep 2017

Great place, 30secs from the stunning beach and 2mintes from restaurents. Great atmosphere and great friends staff. Would certainly recommend!

• Colombia, Mixed Group, 31-40
24th Aug 2017

It's just the PARADISE. It was amazing! Everything is remarkable at this place. The atmosphere, the location!, and very nice staff. The only issue was at the end of our trip, when a guy didn't find the bills of the products consumed by one of our group and he tried to say that our friend stole the bills (¿?).

• Canada, Female, 25-30
23rd Aug 2017

Love love loveeeed it! Probably the best place I've stayed at! Great choices for food, the bar is the 'place to be' and the staff is super friendly!!! The only disappointing thing was that since they have hut style bungalows it's outside temperature regulated. First night I slept with socks, pants and a sweater and the second night after I started feeling like I am getting a cold I asked for a blanket and I was told all they had only more sheets...sorry to say that got me eventually very ill

• weingummimonster
  • Germany, Female, 25-30
17th Aug 2017

A great little hostel with lovely, welcoming staff and amazing atmosphere - especially the bar area is lovely, with lots of benches, hammocks, a fire place, perfect if you want to chill or chat to other travelers. The dorms are spacious and clean and while some might be suspicious of sand floors and leaf huts, I thought it had a great "back to the roots" feel... There are no lockers, but you can ask the manager to lock up your valuables in the safe.

• England, Male, 18-24
16th Aug 2017

Such a cool place, filled with super chilled vibes and great people

• Ryder52
  • England, Male, 18-24
12th Aug 2017

I could not recommend New Teddy's Place more highly. It was the perfect place to spend a couple of days relaxing after a busy week in Dar. I cannot wait to go back!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
16th Jul 2017

Bartenders are absolute legends and with the delicious cocktails it's hard for there not to be a great atmosphere at Teddy's. Each night we went to find somewhere to eat and ended up coming back to teddy's reasonably priced and delicious food. Dorm beds are comfortable and bigger then a king single. But - east coast tides make it nearly impossible to swim and there's not much in the way of beachside atmosphere. Head north if you want better beaches and more going on

• yairklyman3567
  • USA, Male, 25-30
14th Jul 2017

The manager and staff were truly helpful. Amazing place

• dennisscheirs
  • Belgium, Male, 31-40
10th Jul 2017

I totally loved my stay here. I travel on my own and this is a very social place, maybe thanks to the cool bar. So after 2 hours I felt at home with a lot of new friends from all over the world. It is set up as a campus, with a super cool beach atmosphere. Actually the sand goes all the way to your bed! So nice! And even more, it is a special sand that does not stick to your feet when you get into bed :-))) And last but not least, the people that work there are really nice and helpful.

×