New Teddy's Place Reviews

Very nice! Would recommend it to anyone! Only thing missing are private lockers...

Great place to stay! Having the sand under your toes also in your dorm feels fantastic. Cuisine is solid, breakfast is nice!

• 6th Oct 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The place was clean and the staff were brilliant. Wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone!

I have travelled quite a lot and this is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The guys who work here are all great, helpful and fun to hang out with! The food was nice, the drinks are cheap and the hammocks are lovely. I would not stay anywhere else if I ever go back to Paje ! An absolute paradice !

i highly recommend this place, i truly think it is the best place in Paje.

A fun, relaxed place to stay. I liked chilling in their hammocks and the proximity to the beach. They have fun weekly activities like BBQs (very delicious) and yoga. They were very helpful in organizing a spice tour. They also make a great mojito at the bar. I didn't mind the sand floors as much as I thought I would. Check in is at the bar, which was a little confusing at first. The only problem I had was that loud music was played until late at night, which was not conducive to sleeping.

• 27th Jul 2014

The location at New Teddys was amazing. There were no wifi at Teddys, however that was a positive thing. New Teddys had an amzing atmospher and is a perfect place for solo travelers to stay. The onlything negative about New Teddys is the manager. She really need to work on her costumer service skills!!! the rest of the staff was amazing!

Some of the staff were pretty incompetent with simple kitchen orders (

New teddys is a great place, the beach is fantastic, the staff is awesome and very friendly and kind, food is ok, if you don't care about a sand floor in your room, you'll be perfectly fine, the staff and managers are always willing to help you. Definitely i recommend this hostel.

Thank you so much for the great Review and we hope to have you back soon. You became part of the Teddys family. Karibu tena

New Teddy's is an absolutely beautiful place to stay. The staff is eager to help you with anything, including helping to find excursions and other places to stay. I would have stayed here longer if time had allowed it. The bathrooms were fairly clean, the dorm room was a great size with plenty of places to put your belongings, and the atmosphere was incredible. Lots of hammocks! I highly recommend staying at New Teddy's.

Thank you for the lovely review. We are happy that you had a good time here and hope to see you back one day.

New Teddy's Place is a backpacker gem. That's all. One of the best locations on Zanzibar, right on a marvelous beach. Great laid-back atmosphere and great local staff.