New Teddy's Place Reviews

Great people, great food and great drinks. While being there during the Ramadan does subdue the atmosphere quite a bit, I found the quiet setting equally satisfying.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

Basic huts but charming - sandy floors and dim lighting. Bathrooms clean. Great raised terrace area with view to the sea. Some of the staff really friendly but variable. They put lots of drinks on our tab which should have been charged to other guests and that took a while to sort out. Food was pretty average and often a long wait. Busy even in low season which made for a fun but relaxed vibe. Paje is obviously windy, beach is beautiful, shallow sea as tidal. We enjoyed our stay.

New Teddy's was a really great place to stay because of the atmosphere and value for the money and all the other young travellers it was possible to meet there. I'd like to suggest that the hostel would invest on individual safety lockers for each guest. Add some sockets where people can charge their phones. Include the internet to the price. It feels stupid to pay for it every day.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Finland

We really enjoyed our stay at New Teddy's, the staff were great and did their best to promote a fun atmosphere. The included breakfast was available until 1100. The rustic cabin was comfortable with a good fan and shelving. The shared showers were large and the water pressure was excellent. It was nice that they had contacts for booking assorted tours though we do hope they reconsider promoting the "swim with dolphins" excursion as it turned out to be chase and harass the dolphins.

Staff was beyond excellent - especially Harry Potter!

The place is just lovely you can't get more for the price that you pay, the rooms are with floor of sand which I found that it is lovely. The staff is just amazing, Beds are changed everyday and toilets always clean Very good !!!!!! I will really recommend

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Spain

I always have a wonderful time at Teddy's :) The staff and the guests are both fantastic and you can't beat the location. I like the new work done on the bathrooms too, it is much nicer. I hope the prices for the dorms come down a bit, though.

Best Place i could have taken. Chilling place to stay with the best teddys mates and so close to kite surfers paradise. meeting new ppl - absolutely no problem. Need any help for sighseeing tours, taxi, getting some food, or recovering after being sick --> they know how to do it! Hakuna Matata and Cheers

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Just amazing! We originally would have stayed here only 3 nights, but in the end we decided to stay for 6. Best decision ever. The staff is doing an excellent job, the food is +really good! The atmosphere here was awesome, it is a genuine backpackers hostel where you can meet people form all over the world, and if you put some effort into it, you will never have to lunch or dine alone. Moreover, Paje is THE place to be in Zanzibar: a lot of good restaurants, parties every night ,..

Very friendly staff and a fantastic relaxed atmosphere. Everyting is very clean except fo r the male urinoir, the floor needs to be cleaned every day for the smell is very bad. Very nice rooms to stay, very good breakfast, helpfull staff and the best beach of Zanzibar. Even when coming home at 2 AM it was possible to re-open the bar 😜😜! Coolest place and price for a great stay!

• 10th Nov 2014

AMAZING!!!!!!! no need to describe it with other words

Very nice! Would recommend it to anyone! Only thing missing are private lockers...

Great place to stay! Having the sand under your toes also in your dorm feels fantastic. Cuisine is solid, breakfast is nice!

• 6th Oct 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The place was clean and the staff were brilliant. Wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone!

I have travelled quite a lot and this is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The guys who work here are all great, helpful and fun to hang out with! The food was nice, the drinks are cheap and the hammocks are lovely. I would not stay anywhere else if I ever go back to Paje ! An absolute paradice !

i highly recommend this place, i truly think it is the best place in Paje.

A fun, relaxed place to stay. I liked chilling in their hammocks and the proximity to the beach. They have fun weekly activities like BBQs (very delicious) and yoga. They were very helpful in organizing a spice tour. They also make a great mojito at the bar. I didn't mind the sand floors as much as I thought I would. Check in is at the bar, which was a little confusing at first. The only problem I had was that loud music was played until late at night, which was not conducive to sleeping.

The location at New Teddys was amazing. There were no wifi at Teddys, however that was a positive thing. New Teddys had an amzing atmospher and is a perfect place for solo travelers to stay. The onlything negative about New Teddys is the manager. She really need to work on her costumer service skills!!! the rest of the staff was amazing!

Some of the staff were pretty incompetent with simple kitchen orders (

New teddys is a great place, the beach is fantastic, the staff is awesome and very friendly and kind, food is ok, if you don't care about a sand floor in your room, you'll be perfectly fine, the staff and managers are always willing to help you. Definitely i recommend this hostel.

Thank you so much for the great Review and we hope to have you back soon. You became part of the Teddys family. Karibu tena