New Teddy's Place Reviews

There is no internet access in new teddy's place. When you ask for internet access to the staff, they tell you to go paje by night location to get the internet.

The variaty of food could be bigger. If you don't eat sea food there are only few menues to order. My bed had bedbugs. It would be good to clean the bed better. But the atmosphere was great!!! Funny staff:-)

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

hostel was great. the floor was sand. the beach was amazing and close. staff friendly. also if you ceom from or go to stone town, GET A DALA DALA (local bus). its super cheap and fun... and not much difference in time ($2 vs $40 or more)

make no mistake, there is an original teddy and there is "new teddy". the one you suppose to chose is the new one. Paje is a place you'll have to use cash so be prepared. New Teddy has the best price/service ratio. especially if you are a solo traveler this is a good place to meet with other travelers and get some tips about which companies you can use, how you can go where. I had so many bad hotels before NT. When I found this hostel I was so happy that I stayed even longer.

Staff is wonderful! Location on the beach is good and a lot of restaurants, hostels and places to party around. Visiting Josiane forest or swimming with dolphins is easy to do from Paje.

• 14th Oct 2013

Cool place with cool people. I really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere there. Great food and drinks (ecspecially sweet breakfast). I really loved the bantas with sand on the floor. beds could be more comfortable.

Amazing place, friendly and relaxed people. Nice dorms, enough facilities for the price and of course: sand everywhere. Loved it!

• 13th Jun 2013

Nice place, great friendly and chilled atmosphere, clean facilities. Really enjoyed my stay.

My experience with New Teddy's was really enjoyable and made Zanzibar and Paje unforgettable. The beach out front is beautiful, especially at sunrise. Facilities were good value, although I would recommend bringing some bug spray because the mosquito nets have holes. Staff are very kind and helpful. The breakfast is high quality for a hostel breakfast! The open air lounge and the big hammocks provide the perfect place to relax and read in the shade after a day on the beach.

Very nice staff, simple but nice accomodation, good food and drinks. One of my favorite places i stayed in the world. Thx for all the help and ideas i got. One weak point: No WLAN :-) officially

• 4th May 2013

We had a lovely time during low season. Very few people there, but very nice atmosphere. The only thing we were wondering about was the regaae playing 24/7 and at night,, even when it was only us and the bartender, it was very loud. Very, very loud. Maybe have a look around and tjeck if people around are up for a party or just chilling. Nice dogs :D

Very nice except bartender. They like to play with girl..

good place to stay. the staff were friendly and helpful.

Communal showers were unclean and riddled with insects (spiders, wasps). Shared dorms had sand floors which was very frustrating because sand would go all over the bed.

Really nice hostel, near the amazing beach. Great staff!, thank you all!

I really enjoyed my stay at Teddy's, the staff were so much fun, Simba really made the atmosphere! I loved the breakfast everyday and the 6 dorm was really cosy. Volley ball was fun! I think the beds are pretty uncomfortable though and maybe if there was some arranged group activities on offer that would make everyones stay more enjoyable. I'd definitely recommend Teddy's to any type of traveller.