New Teddy's Place Reviews

Very nice! Would recommend it to anyone! Only thing missing are private lockers...

Great place to stay! Having the sand under your toes also in your dorm feels fantastic. Cuisine is solid, breakfast is nice!

• 6th Oct 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The place was clean and the staff were brilliant. Wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone!

I have travelled quite a lot and this is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The guys who work here are all great, helpful and fun to hang out with! The food was nice, the drinks are cheap and the hammocks are lovely. I would not stay anywhere else if I ever go back to Paje ! An absolute paradice !

i highly recommend this place, i truly think it is the best place in Paje.

A fun, relaxed place to stay. I liked chilling in their hammocks and the proximity to the beach. They have fun weekly activities like BBQs (very delicious) and yoga. They were very helpful in organizing a spice tour. They also make a great mojito at the bar. I didn't mind the sand floors as much as I thought I would. Check in is at the bar, which was a little confusing at first. The only problem I had was that loud music was played until late at night, which was not conducive to sleeping.

• 27th Jul 2014

The location at New Teddys was amazing. There were no wifi at Teddys, however that was a positive thing. New Teddys had an amzing atmospher and is a perfect place for solo travelers to stay. The onlything negative about New Teddys is the manager. She really need to work on her costumer service skills!!! the rest of the staff was amazing!

Some of the staff were pretty incompetent with simple kitchen orders (

New teddys is a great place, the beach is fantastic, the staff is awesome and very friendly and kind, food is ok, if you don't care about a sand floor in your room, you'll be perfectly fine, the staff and managers are always willing to help you. Definitely i recommend this hostel.

Thank you so much for the great Review and we hope to have you back soon. You became part of the Teddys family. Karibu tena

New Teddy's is an absolutely beautiful place to stay. The staff is eager to help you with anything, including helping to find excursions and other places to stay. I would have stayed here longer if time had allowed it. The bathrooms were fairly clean, the dorm room was a great size with plenty of places to put your belongings, and the atmosphere was incredible. Lots of hammocks! I highly recommend staying at New Teddy's.

Thank you for the lovely review. We are happy that you had a good time here and hope to see you back one day.

New Teddy's Place is a backpacker gem. That's all. One of the best locations on Zanzibar, right on a marvelous beach. Great laid-back atmosphere and great local staff.

There is no internet access in new teddy's place. When you ask for internet access to the staff, they tell you to go paje by night location to get the internet.

The variaty of food could be bigger. If you don't eat sea food there are only few menues to order. My bed had bedbugs. It would be good to clean the bed better. But the atmosphere was great!!! Funny staff:-)

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

hostel was great. the floor was sand. the beach was amazing and close. staff friendly. also if you ceom from or go to stone town, GET A DALA DALA (local bus). its super cheap and fun... and not much difference in time ($2 vs $40 or more)

make no mistake, there is an original teddy and there is "new teddy". the one you suppose to chose is the new one. Paje is a place you'll have to use cash so be prepared. New Teddy has the best price/service ratio. especially if you are a solo traveler this is a good place to meet with other travelers and get some tips about which companies you can use, how you can go where. I had so many bad hotels before NT. When I found this hostel I was so happy that I stayed even longer.

Staff is wonderful! Location on the beach is good and a lot of restaurants, hostels and places to party around. Visiting Josiane forest or swimming with dolphins is easy to do from Paje.

• 14th Oct 2013

Cool place with cool people. I really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere there. Great food and drinks (ecspecially sweet breakfast). I really loved the bantas with sand on the floor. beds could be more comfortable.

Amazing place, friendly and relaxed people. Nice dorms, enough facilities for the price and of course: sand everywhere. Loved it!

• 13th Jun 2013

Nice place, great friendly and chilled atmosphere, clean facilities. Really enjoyed my stay.

My experience with New Teddy's was really enjoyable and made Zanzibar and Paje unforgettable. The beach out front is beautiful, especially at sunrise. Facilities were good value, although I would recommend bringing some bug spray because the mosquito nets have holes. Staff are very kind and helpful. The breakfast is high quality for a hostel breakfast! The open air lounge and the big hammocks provide the perfect place to relax and read in the shade after a day on the beach.