9.2
Superb 99 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 99 Total Reviews
New Teddy's Place Located at Paje, , Zanzibar.
Tanzania
Zanzibar Zanzibar Paje
92% 99
-6.2728978 39.5335292
    Rooms available

• South Africa, Male, 25-30
5th Sep 2016

Awesome place, wonderful people, great food...can't go wrong staying here.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
4th Aug 2016
4.3

The hostel itself is nice, but the staff are terrible. it ruined my time in Zanzibar, I asked to extend and was told this was done, it never was and was suddenly told i needed to check-out. There was no more availability. Then when i went to check out, it took me an hour, because they didn't believe me that I paid the hostel world deposit (or they were trying to steal from me) Then after they called 3 people they accepted i paid. they then didnt know how to use the eftpos machine. Be warned!

23rd Jul 2016

New Teddy's is paradise. I could not have asked for a better place to spend my last days in Zanzibar. The rooms were cute little bungalows with mosquito netting and soft, cool sand as the floor. The lounge area is a super chill place to hang out. The service at the bar is great, employees are friendly, food is cheap and DELICIOUS. Everything is clean, safe, beautiful. I didn't wear shoes for the three days I was there. HIGHLY RECOMMEND, it is heaven on earth.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016
6.0

Nice place, service was a little slow. During the night they suddenly started playing extremely load music, which didn't stop until 3am. The bed shook, and it seemed like they didn't respect their guests' sleep. The bed looked fine to begin with, but it was broken and very hard to sleep in. Also, we locked our valuables in a safe and were told we could get them at 8am to continue our travels, but the owner hadn't arrived yet, so we had to wait for an hour to get our things.

• Iran, Male, 25-30
2nd Jul 2016

Everything is AMAZING in this hostel: food, music, rooms, beds, environment, staff... the beach is literally 20 seconds away and the view is fascinating! after 4 days there, I was not ready to wear shoes again and leave Zanzibar... Hopefully, we'll catch up again :)

24th Jun 2016

As a solo female traveler, I couldn't imagine a more ideal place. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and they were awesome with helping coordinate rides and activities! The floors are entirely sand, and it was nice and close to the beach. Would definitely go back!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
12th Jun 2016

I am a solo traveler so it is always nerve racking trying to find a place Singles friendly. Teddys was AMAZINGGG!! I made a group of friends there some travelling solo some in groups but was truly an amazing place Mohamed and Mwana that work being the bar are just beautiful people always happy and welcoming. Also leonine the manager is wonderful and helpful. A few nights we had the fire going with music. was great fun. I highly recommend this hostel :)

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Jun 2016

Paradise on Zanzibar! As a female, lone traveller who had never travelled alone before, I can't recommend New Teddy's highly enough. Leonie, Mwana, Mo, Abdul, Raphael and all of the staff are just wonderful people, every time I came back (5 times in total during my 9 week trip to Zanzibar/Tanzania - I loved it so much!) I was welcomed back like an old friend. It is the perfect escape to relax, cocktail in hand, and meet interesting people from all over the world.

• USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2016

I absolutely loved my stay at New Teddys Place. The entire staff treats you like family and is so friendly and welcoming. The location is so close to the beach and they have a bar and restaurant on site that serves great food and drinks. They help you with planning any activities and booking reliable taxis. It's about an hour out from stone town but the beaches of Paje are gorgeous. I absolutely recommend solo and group travelers alike

2nd Jun 2016

I had a fantastic time at New Teddy's Place! I was a solo traveler, but was able to meet many great people here. The staff are fun and friendly, and even though I only got a chance to stay 2 nights, I felt connected to this little team! The sand floors in the rooms are great, and after being barefoot for a couple of days, I was not ready to wear shoes again. The food and drinks here are good, there is a fun kite-surfing spot next door, and different beach parties throughout the week!