9.0
Superb 105 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 105 Total Reviews
New Teddy's Place Located at Paje, , Zanzibar.
Tanzania
Zanzibar Zanzibar Paje
90% 105
-6.2728978 39.5335292
    Rooms available

• Germany, Male, 18-24
3rd Nov 2016

This Hostel is a great place if you just want to take a week from your exhausting travels and chill and maybe get into a bit of snorkling and dolphin diving. The food is extremely good for its price. You get a delicious Vegetable Curry for the equivalence of 4-5$, and not a small portion too. They also keep your diet mixed up with a daily specials menu. The location is superb and the atmosphere is relaxating. Overall I loved my stay here and I would return any time. PS the Use Dala Dala ;)

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
28th Oct 2016

Loved staying at Teddys place. Lovely staff, amazing cooks with tasty local food available and the beach is fantastic. Bungalows are really good too. Everything you need for a chilled holiday by the beach 😊

• France, Female, 25-30
20th Oct 2016

Amazing experience. As a solo traveler, I met many others travelers, we made very nice frienships in a paradisiac place. The place is lovely, staff very helpful and the atmosphere is excellent. Would recommend that place to anyone who is looking for good experiences.

• USA, Male, 25-30
1st Oct 2016
8.0

Great atmosphere at New Teddy's. The food is excellent, and breakfast is included with your stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms come with mosquito nets and have floors made of sand. Everyone staying there is outgoing and ready to have a good time. You should know that if you miss one night of your reservation due to travel changes or you decided to check out early, the management will still charge you for that night.

• South Africa, Male, 25-30
5th Sep 2016

Awesome place, wonderful people, great food...can't go wrong staying here.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
4th Aug 2016
4.3

The hostel itself is nice, but the staff are terrible. it ruined my time in Zanzibar, I asked to extend and was told this was done, it never was and was suddenly told i needed to check-out. There was no more availability. Then when i went to check out, it took me an hour, because they didn't believe me that I paid the hostel world deposit (or they were trying to steal from me) Then after they called 3 people they accepted i paid. they then didnt know how to use the eftpos machine. Be warned!

23rd Jul 2016

New Teddy's is paradise. I could not have asked for a better place to spend my last days in Zanzibar. The rooms were cute little bungalows with mosquito netting and soft, cool sand as the floor. The lounge area is a super chill place to hang out. The service at the bar is great, employees are friendly, food is cheap and DELICIOUS. Everything is clean, safe, beautiful. I didn't wear shoes for the three days I was there. HIGHLY RECOMMEND, it is heaven on earth.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2016
6.0

Nice place, service was a little slow. During the night they suddenly started playing extremely load music, which didn't stop until 3am. The bed shook, and it seemed like they didn't respect their guests' sleep. The bed looked fine to begin with, but it was broken and very hard to sleep in. Also, we locked our valuables in a safe and were told we could get them at 8am to continue our travels, but the owner hadn't arrived yet, so we had to wait for an hour to get our things.

• Iran, Male, 25-30
2nd Jul 2016

Everything is AMAZING in this hostel: food, music, rooms, beds, environment, staff... the beach is literally 20 seconds away and the view is fascinating! after 4 days there, I was not ready to wear shoes again and leave Zanzibar... Hopefully, we'll catch up again :)

24th Jun 2016

As a solo female traveler, I couldn't imagine a more ideal place. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and they were awesome with helping coordinate rides and activities! The floors are entirely sand, and it was nice and close to the beach. Would definitely go back!