New Vision Hostel Reviews

68 C - 70 Hang Bo Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam

We stayed here for the second time and it is great value for the price, staff is very nice and helpful.

Hotel was fine for what I needed it nothing to write home about. Beds were average and very antiquated look about the rooms. Service was good and very helpful. Breakfast (albeit pretty meager) was provided to go very early in the morning.

Amazing! Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, they always greet you with your name. Bed was so soft and room cleaned everyday. Plus they gave me a present when I left! Would 100% recommend!!

The staff in hotel was very helpful and supported us several times with directions and bus numbers. The breakfast is included and is pretty ok. We left part of our stuff there for 3 days (meanwhile we hiked to fansipan) and it was for free and when we got back very early morning (just to get our stuff and continue to ninh binh) we were offered breakfast for free. The only thing I would recommend to be careful if your booked room is going to have window - it's not always common in Vietnam.

The stay was incredible. I paid USD13 for two nights on special promo, and had a four bed bedroom. The staff were very passionate and friendly, giving everyone a VIP treatment. They'd advise on things to visit, ask about guest experiences, feelings. While I was waiting with a local friend who wasn't a guest for taxi they even opened a bottle of water for each of us. And last but not least, got a gift after checking out. Impressive service.

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Hong Kong

The location is excellent, in the middle of the Old Quarter and easy walking distance to everything. The rooms are basic and clean, the staff is very kind and helpful. Nice personal touches, such as departure present or fruit at check in. Excellent value for money and a good place to stay

We stayed here for almost 2 weeks due to my partner becoming very ill. By far this was the best place we have stayed and we've been backpacking through SE Asia for almost 3months. The staff were amazing, friendly and so helpful when my parter got sick. Rooms were clean and location was great! They also spoilt us when it was my boyfriends birthday! Breakfast was very basic but it was ok. Worth the money, they book several tours for us and it was great, I would definitely recommend staying here.

The hotel was fine. I booked a single and got used to the idea of no windows. The room was clean, until I looked under the bed and found a lot of dust and hair. Maybe I'm being too picky. However, the staff were lovely and booked a great Halong Bay trip. Breakfast was average. Toast, a small selection of fruit, and some random and pretty undesirable hot buffet items.

Staff was so friendly and very helpful. You can book all your Halong Bay or other tours through reception. Bed was comfortable and the AC was cold and lovely. Great location in Old Town close to all shopping, restaurants and the lake. Highly recommended!

Great hotel. Excellent value for the price. Customer service and attention to detail were amazing

I LOVED this hotel! The staff were great - each time we came in to Reception, we were greeted by our name and served a cold bottle of water. I booked a single room and upon check in, I was upgraded to a double room. The room was clean and came with; a TV, fridge, kettle (with tea and coffee), good air-con and the bed was comfortable, Breakfast was a buffet with; hot drinks, fruit juice, fruit, Vietnamese food, bread and eggs (cooked there and then).

Great location. Staff were very helpful and gave me the online rate for a raw extra nights when I extended my stay at short notice. Room was very dark though and lobby lacked atmosphere. Very good value for the price though.

Great stay at New Vision. Upon arrival we were greeted by the lovely staff and upgrade to a huge family room despite there only being two of us. We were also given fresh fruit every evening. Location is great, right in the old quarters, in walking distance to the lake and really close to the beer street. Breakfast wasn't the best but was ok for toast and fruit. Overall for the little price we paid we would defiantly recommend this place!

The staff at this hotel were very lovely. They looked after our bags when we went on an overnight trip. However, the rooms were not up to the standard we had experienced in Vietnam previously. The air conditioner units were inside in the main staircase area which meant that it was very hot inside! There is also no lift/elevator, and climbing four flights of stairs in 38 degree heat is not nice! The beds are also very hard and uncomfortable with only a sheet provided.

Simple hotel with breakfast included. Room wasn't properly cleaned when I arrived in the morning, but they gave me a free breakfast that day. Staff tried a litlittle too hard to sell their tours but was overall nice and helpful.

Nothing special. Room wasn't properly cleaned when i arrived and somewhat run down. Some of the Staff is helpful but some try to sell you their tours. For a hotel, they could try a little harder.

With its excellent location, getting to nearby attractions like the Hoan Kiem Lake, Temple of Literature and the Hao Lo prison is a breeze. The staff at New Vision is more than willing to answer any questions you have and we are always greeted with a smile. The room we stayed in was really spacious and it's really value for money. Would definitely recommend it to my friends going to Hanoi in the future!

We had a great stay at New Vision hotel. The staff were so friendly and made us feel welcome. They were very helpful with organizing our trip to Halong Bay and kept our luggage during our stay at the Halong Bay Cruise. We would stay here again!

This hotel was one of the best in Vietnam which we had. The staff was very friendly and helpfully all the time during our visit. Breakfast included in the price. This hotel is really good choice for you.

• 14th Apr 2015