New World St. Hostel Reviews

Nowy Swiat 27, Warsaw, Poland

My room was awful.I saw other rooms,which were clean and spacious.Unfortunately,my 8-bed dorm should be a 4-bed dorm.They've crammed in 4 bunk beds,which leaves no room for bags It was an obstacle course to walk through or even just to open the door.It was also terribly hot with little air circulation.The rest of the hostel is nice.Wifi works.If I was in any other room I think my stay would've better. Even the girl who showed me my bed felt bad since the guys were using my bed as storage.

Hostel was clean, pretty and comfortable - all the staff was great and I wish I did not have to leave so early. I don't think I got her name, but the girl with the glasses, that suggested Au Lac to the finnish guy and I, she's great fun! The only reason I didn't put 100% is because the washing machine was broken and Warsaw doesn't have any laundry places, but you know, that happens. I will recommend this hostel to anyone who tells me they are going to Warsaw. mange hilsener!

• 13th Jul 2014

Perfect location and comfy beds. Our room had a lot of flies in it though which was quite off putting. No air con or fans either but it was unseasonably hot when I stayed here. Nice kitchen and common area but not a particularly sociable atmosphere... I was lucky I made friends in my room as I was travelling alone! I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Warsaw :D

It was a little bit annoying to ask staff to let me in hostel but they are all nice so it didn't matter. It's near to oldtown and many places so it was good.

At least an 8/10 thanks to sylwia :)

• 23rd Jun 2014

I reccomend that hostel !

In east & west, New World is the best!!

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Staff was really friendly and the atmosphere was really laid back and awesome. I only stayed on night but had a great time and would definitely recommend this place to people would want to stay right in the city center! Also the rooms back onto a court yard so it's not very noisy for being right in the center of this busy town:)

Great Hostel Location, wonderful staff. I wasn't a fan of the bathroom set up, kind of like gym showers but otherwise no complaints.

Perfect loaction, on the Main Street in Warsaw with all the bars and restuarants and so close to the old town. Good kitchen and communal area. We were only there for one night but very much enjoyed it.

Great location every thing was good no complaints, it was easy to find with the directions given.

Very good hostel. The showers are a little bit dirty but the staff is amazing always ready to give advice about where to go and the location is wonderful. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

The location of the hostel is great because it is super easy to get to different parts of Warsaw (north is old town and south is the park with the palaces). However it is next to a bar, so the people outside covered the sign making it hard to find at first and it was loud. Also you have to walk up 4 flights of stairs, so if you have a suitcase, pack light. The people that worked at New World were very nice and helpful. The facilities were clean and the rooms were nice.

Staff was very helpful and rooms were very spacious too. However the breakfast isn't really worth it

Great, welcoming, professional staff, fantastic location, international atmosfair...Thank You!

For the Owner: In one night, it was a Saturday, it was very loud in the kitchen. They people who work in the hostel (receptionist) invite their friends from Warsaw to have a party. On the next morning i asked them what was going on. They replied, that they normally do this often. I think this is not normally, to have private parties in a hostel organized by staff for two reasons: 1) They themselves respect quietness between 11 pm and 7 am 2) If something happened nobody knows who it was.

This was not a private party, only current and former staff members having a good time with guests, because they are very outgoing. And yes our staff is normally quite social. Sorry that you felt like it was too loud but you did not complain during the night but only day after. Regarding the security we have cameras and we can always check the footage in case something happened.

Good place to stay if you don't mind some stairs. Breakfast isn't included but it's only 5 złoty. Good waffer. :-) Bathroom a little weird.

Due to a system error we've been offered an other room in Chmielna Guest House, which was perfect too. Nice and clean.

Well located, central, in the main street towards the historic centre, all amenities surronding. Excellent staff and pretty cosy, warm and nice! I would definetively recommend. Cheers guys! Bien situado en la calle principal hacia el centro historico. Personal del hostel inmejorable, hostel muy comodo, agradable y buen ambiente! Definitivamente recomendable, muchas gracias!!

Nice atmosphere, very cozy and quiet place. Beds were comfy and clean. Wi-fi was not super fast, but it gets the job done, and there are also free PCs with internet if you need it. Location is really nice, close to Metro, not far away form old town and there is a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, fast food around the hostel. Only problem was the water was pretty cold, maybe because of low pressure during midnight shower.

• 7th May 2014