New World St. Hostel Reviews

Nowy Swiat 27, Warsaw, Poland

This hostel was great overall. The rooms were good and the lockers were more than secure enough. The staff were so friendly and helpful, even at 4AM. The only downside to this hostel is a lack of hot water for the showers, however if you don't mind a cold shower to perk you up then there is nothing to fault about this hostel.

Nice, small hostel with super nice staff :) Also one of the cleanest hostels I have ever seen.

The 4 flights of stairs is good exercise. Staff is very helpful. I arrived early and I was able to make myself a cup of coffee. the place is clean and was told not to do washing up as there is a dish washer. only drawback , one has to wait for hot water

I've stayed in this hostel before, so obviously I had had perfectly fine experiences here in the past. This time, I the lack of hot water on any of the days I was there was a problem.

Great, perfect location (on the most important street of the city) and wonderful staff. I definitely recommend this hostel to all of you.

Great location in good area. Close to transportation. Staff was nice. Rooms and bathrooms were cleaner than any I've been to in weeks. Kitchen area with lounge, wifi in lounge, luggage storage behind reception.

I really enjoyed this hostel! It has great location, very nice staff and its not so big. There we always people cleansing which was good to see :)The wifi didn't work in room, however it's good because you had to go into the lounge. Would definitely recommend :)

The hostel was fine enough but the noise from the street was terrible. It goes on for a while into the night.

This hostel was not worth the money. The kitchen only has 2 burners, which makes cooking dinner a challenge when 15 other guests are present. The bathrooms were dirty, the showers were cold with little to no pressure. The staff was very friendly but the facility is not great. I reckon that the staff has not been given the proper resources to make this place worth staying. There was no social atmosphere. Also, no Air-con on the 4th floor basically feel like an oven. Go to Kraków instead.

New World Hostel served a purpose for us pretty much. We were only stopping in Warsaw for one night so location was our main concern and this was great for us to see the city. The atmosphere was homely but not great for meeting other people. The rooms were good apart from ours looked over a square with lots of late night bars, not a problem for us but if you want an early night it might stop you from sleeping.

very friendly staff.... had a pleasant stay

There was no hot water while I was staying here. This really sucked, didn't properly shower for a few days.

Good hostel -however the showers were all freezing when we were there for 3 days and no action seemed to be being taken to sort it. Otherwise, it seems pretty well maintained.

Location wise its great, central to everything. showers took ten minutes for warm water.. the womens shower doors were frosted glass and people often left the bathroom door open so walking down the hall and you could see people showering..or if someone waited outside of your shower door you could see them through the frosted glass. Awkward. Also above a nightclub so noisy at night with windows open because no a/c. In saying that i would stay here again for the location.

Incredible staff--both of the girls were awesome at giving a good primer for Warsaw as well as answering all questions. Wifi was atrocious in the dorms and essentially unworkable. Location awesome with great food recommendations. Atmosphere was terrible--one person said hi in 3 days. Groups hung out by themselves. They have a guitar in the back room. All in all a solid hostel.

We only stayed there for one night, but the hostel was worth it for the right location - near almost everything. You would have to walk a bit but not so much to the old town (10 mins). There are also great views of the city from the hostel rooms. Bathrooms were not always clean, but we stayed for such a short time that we don't know whether it was the norm or not.

Super location, can't get much better as it is very central to many places. Staff was ready to offer suggestions on bike trips. Met a great group of friends and we all partied together. Wish the stay was longer!

Wifi drops in and out regularly Never had warm water in the shower Paid for breakfast one day only to find out there was actually none left and receptionist wouldn't refund me Only 2 toilets in the entire hostel Had to wait an hour after I was supported to check in to get access to my room The only reason I didn't check out early is because I couldn't get a refund

One of the best location I have stayed so far ( in the heart of the Warsaw City), totally clean, nice staff and helpful, but it does “not’ compensate! No elevator, not comfortable bed (very poor quality mattresses) and this is one of the top noisiest hostels I have stayed in!! cos no air conditioning that the windows must be left open!! breakfast not worthy to eat (some very poor quality bread, Jam, butter and orange juice tastes like tap water). The most unpleasant breakfast I have had so far.

Dear guest Sorry for no elevator but we are located in historic building and it is impossible to interfere with it's construction. We do not advertise that we have air conditioning and we are sorry but it sometimes gets hot in Warsaw during summer, but we have a lot of fans :). Hostel's location is very good, but as it is located in the center of the city it might get a bit noisy during party days. Our breakfast is very cheap, only 5 zlotys (around 1 euro) and we also offer fresh waffles

The staff is very kind. There are lockers in the room. There are some pubs closed to the hostel and it is very noisy.