New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Really enjoyed my stay. The staff were fantastic! Friendly and helpful. Thanks!

• 30th Jun 2015

Great hostel, the beds are really comfortable and my bed was made up each day, I never had that in a hostel before. The staff are wonderful, helpful and friendly, I would stay there again. I only gave good for facilities as there is no kitchen but the rooms have a fridge and a microwave. The free karaoke and pizza night was great fun.

Great location and very friendly and helpful staff.

• 27th Jun 2015

Positive: The shared bathrooms are excellent. Negative: They charge an amount to keep the bagages (5 dollars each) after the check-out. It was the first time I had to pay for that at a hostel and it doesn't make sense because it doesn't require any extra cost.

• 27th Jun 2015

Excellent value for price paid, in a good, central location, very helpful and friendly staff, simply a great experience here overall! This is the only hostel I've ever stayed at that actually has a fridge, microwave, and t.v. in the room as well as shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the shower. I think the only downside is that there aren't many common areas. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to New York City.

Staff are always smiling, always making an effort to help out guests, very clean and comfortable beds

Friendly and helpfull staff. Clean toilets and fairly clean rooms. Nice with frigde on room. Quite noicy hostel, because of outside street and closing doors.

• Denmark

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. This was my 2nd experience of staying in the hostel after Vancouver BC, and i must say it was a decision which paid off so well. The hostel is located in the heart of the NYC,well connected to public transport,and is safe. Stayed in a mixed dorm for 3 nights and enjoyed my stay very well.

• India

The only reason I have marked the 'Facilities' as Average was because of the lack of Hot Water in the shower. My room was on the top level, so wethervthat had anything to do with the almost luke warm water from the shower i do not know. Apert from that, it was as indicated, excellent.

• 26th Jun 2015

Good experience I definetely recommend it, al hostels should be like this one

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

We were impressed with the facility. and the security was great. The location is ideal. The staff was very helpful and it was a good value for the money. I would like to add that I was a bit disappointed with the bed itself. I had to remove the mattress from the box spring and stand the box spring and frame against the wall and place the mattress on the floor in order to sleep. The box spring was worn down to the point that any movement would make the bed squeak loudly.

• 25th Jun 2015

the street noise is very loud.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your review. NYC can be a bit loud at times. Please note that we do offer complimentary ear plugs at the front desk.

I've stayed at a lot of hostels, but this one was up there with the best. Extremely clean, beds made daily, friendly staff, awesome location. Take advantage of the free ear plugs as New York is noisy at bed time! will definitely be staying here again next time I visit, I love New York!!

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Oh I really enjoyed my stay in NY in New York Budget inn! First of all, it's location!! OMG so close to everything! 2 mins walk to the famous 5th avenue and 3 mins to Broadway!! Really nearby the Empire St.B! Facilities are great, free towels, lockers in the room, nice shower and clean bathroom, spacious rooms with an airconditioners! Everything's fantastic for real, free wifi as well. Those all facilities all together I didn't get in any European hostel, so thanks Budget Inn for a perfect stay!

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Russia

We used the inn mainly for sleeping, and in the day we would hang out in New York. For us the inn was a great place because it was clean, very affordable and the staff was friendly. The free donuts/coffee at 8am certainly score some points aswell :)

• 21st Jun 2015

It was a nice place to stay. I spent two days there and everything went well. It is near the subway and attractions.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Chile

I would definitely recommend this hostel! Although it's a little pricer than other hostels it's definitely worth the value. The rooms and bathrooms are all very comfortable and clean, the great thing is facilities are included (free computer use) soap etc. in the bathroom and free change of towels. Only down side is although its near Times Square it will take about 15 minutes to walk there (no nearby subs that go in that direction). More of a family / couple hostel, had less of a social vibe.

Overall an excellent choice if you're travelling to Manhattan.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Great place to stay, little bit smelly though!

Thank you for your kind review. We are constantly cleaning the hallways and shared bathrooms 24/7. Perhaps you may not have liked the smell of Fabuloso, it is scented.

The hostel has no elevators so have to move the luggages from the stairs. The staff in general is very helpful. The breakfast is a simple one with some donuts and coffee.

• 17th Jun 2015