New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

NYBI can be best described in one word. Awesome!

The rooms were nice. Well-equipped and very comfortable beds! However, please note that this hostel has a fair amount of stairs. The location gives you a lot of flexibility and is fairly close to Port authority and Penn Station.

The staff was friendly and professional. The rooms and restrooms were impeccably clean. The location was central to just about everything. Outside, the street was really busy and noisy. In the room, honking horns, late night partiers, and trash trucks coud be heard until about 2:30 when everything seemed to quiet down. This was no fault of the NYBI. I'll definitely stay here again.

• 13th Dec 2014

For the price there is not really anything to moan about. Especially the location is awesome! Just the right place to stay for peps with small wallets and a big interest in other cultures and who just look for a warm and dry place to stay the night. Coffee is free in the morning :)

• 11th Dec 2014

The only problem is that the room is a little bit noisy.

• 10th Dec 2014

Would recommend this hostel to all - the staff really make it! They're so friendly and helpful. It's also a great location and the rooms and bathrooms were always very clean. Only thing i would say is the room was a little chilly.

• 7th Dec 2014

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Everything was very clean. I was surprised the bathroom was private and clean. Only thing was a lot of stairs, and it was too hot. One night I had to turn on the AIR CONDITIONING in DECEMBER when it was 20 degrees outside to keep the room from being 80 degrees of hot!! I'd stay there again for sure.

• 6th Dec 2014

Had an awesome time at New York budget inn! I have never stayed at a hostel before this one and I can honestly say that I was extremely impressed! The room and facilities were very clean. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I will probably stay at New York budget inn everytime I come to NYC from now on. The price was excellent and it is located fairly close to everything tourist related!

• 5th Dec 2014

No common room area apart from the reception but otherwise it was a really great place. The complimentary ear plugs were also a huge benefit, I wouldn't have been able to sleep without them because of the road noise in some of the rooms!

• 5th Dec 2014

Staff were so helpful- i had an incident with a loss credit card and trying to get to the ariport to catch an flight and they went out of their way to call and help me resolve the issue. Also i was there on a work trip so i had a horrifically big suitcase that had to be dragged up adn down the stairs. they were so helpful. clean facilities and secure. Would recommend

Clean and safe hostel which felt more like a hotel. Enough private bathrooms and good beds. Noise from the street is ok for Manhattan. Our room was a little bit chilly at night due to too much space around the AC in the window. Helpful staff, no elevator, free WiFi. Perfect location! Would recommend!

I enjoyed my stay with you. Omar was very kind to help me with my luggage when I was leaving. The only downside was the noise from the street, but I guess that is the price you got to pay staying right in Manhattan.

Loved my 5 night stay there. I felt totally safe and secure as a solo, female traveller. The facilities were very clean and the price was right ! Location is terrific, walking distance to many major attractions. Best of all were the fabulous staff who were so patient and helpful, courteous at all times. What ever they are being paid I am sure it is not enough for all that they do. Special thanks to Ronnie, Shaun, Q., Chris and Rodney. You guys ROCK.......if only I were younger......

• 4th Dec 2014

Everything you want from a hostel.... reasonably priced, great location, comfy bed with a clean shower and toilet! Wasn't the easiest to find, especially if you are a first time visitor to NYC.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Location is good, clean, staff were friendly, only downside is that it is hard to sleep with the noise from the street, rooms are small so not recommended if you are over 6 feet tall. The ensuite in my room was small. Most of the time I used the one of th 3 showers down the hall it has more space and it was always available. Not many activities for people who do stay but honestly it didnt effect me to much because im always out doing my own thing. Good job guys!

Everything is really close to the Hostel. You can actually walk from the hostel to the Empire State Building and even to Times Square. The only thing I didn't like is that when I made my reservation it was clearly stated that the taxes were included in the amount I had to pay in arrival. But when I came to the hostel they said that I had to pay more taxes??? Other than that I think it was a very good hostel. I liked free pizza and karaoke on Sundays and Tuesdays. It doesn't have elevator.

Pros: We had a private room with a dbl bed - I would say the room was better than most hostels I've been to, more like a budget hotel and it was serviced every day. The location was only a short 10-15min walk from main attractions and there was a subway station just around the corner with a great diner on the way to have your breakfast at. Cons: no real common area to meet people, just the reception area with a few chairs. No elevators, so if you have heavy luggage it's a bit annoying.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review. As Manhattan is limited on space we maximize our lobby area and offer a verity of activities that allows guests to meet fellow travelers. While we do not have an elevator, all of our staff are always to assist guests with their luggage.

Overrall very impressed. Cheap, clean, friendly. One thing to improve would be an elevator but I realise this is likely impractical. Would also be nice to have free luggage storage.

• 2nd Dec 2014

Great location in Manhattan. Rooms and bathrooms are kept clean all the time and I never had a problem trying to get a bathroom when I needed it. A word of warning: there is a construction going on across the street at the moment and it gets VERY noisy early in the morning, although they do offer free earplugs. The only negative experience I had was having to pay $5 to store my luggage when I arrived 45 mins earlier than checkin time and didn't want to wait around for my room to become ready.

We really enjoyed out stay at the New York Budget Inn. It was exactly what we wanted..Inexpensive, comfy place to stay near bars, restaurants and New York attractions. This will be our new NYC home away from home.

• 1st Dec 2014