New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Nice hostel. I was in 4 bed female dorm. Clean and each bed had a locker. Outside was noisy, but your in NYC so what do you expect. Hostel give war plugs for free. Free coffee and doughnuts are nice touch but normally gone within 10mins! Location is great. Just a few avenues away from Empire State building, and Macy's. Easy to get everywhere. Lots of food places nearby! Overall a very good hostel and worth the extra few $!

Overpriced, no atmosphere and the reception common room is tiny, so are the rooms with no space for bags. My first assigned bed still had things from previous occupant, including shorts inside the sheets! They just remade b the bed with the old sheets instead. I complained and was told it's clean. On closer inspection later I find crumbs in bed, so they said they will change the sheets. An hour later still no clean sheets, so complain again and manager finally apologized and gave me new bed.

Completely loved this hostel. Highly recommended.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Excellent location and very clean. The rooms were a bit small but that was to be expected given the price. If you're on a budget then I would highly recommend this place

• 19th Mar 2015

Good location and comfortable hostel.

• 17th Mar 2015

The WiFi would not work from time to time, but the rest was perfect.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

What I liked about his hostel were the nice bathrooms and the key-card-system. The WiFi worked quite well in our room. What I didn't like was the insane temperature in the room: We had a heating pipe (without any insulation!) running through our room which made it incredibly hot. The only way to lower the temperature was to put the AC to maximum power which was extremely loud. So either way we were hindered to sleep well. I therefore can NOT recommend booking this hostel in winter or spring!

• 16th Mar 2015

Thank you for your review. We wish you would have informed us of the temperature issue you were experiencing. We have our maintenance staff available 24/7 to take care of any and all issue that may occur.

I stayed 5 nights, in March this year and I really enjoyed my stay: yes, there were construction works right beneath my window which was quite annoying at times but with the free earplugs it was absolutely fine. Maybe the heating system could be improved, sometimes it was rather cold, than it got quite hot again - but it didn't really matter that much: because of the clean rooms and restrooms, nice staff and a great location I would definitely stay at the NY budget Inn again. :-)

• 15th Mar 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff! Very nice stay!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Norway

they charged me a lot !!! it is not the money when i booked it in the HostelWorld. They charged me extra money! And there are different tax in the bill. I dont know why! I live somewhere else. But i didn't been charged for some different tax, like state tax and city tax !! And, I put my suitcase there before I check-in. They also charged me 5 dollars!!!!! WHY?? I just arrive early! oh...no.

Thank you for your review. As we had tried to explain to you and showed you on the invoice you presented from WRI, Taxes are NOT INCLUDED. We offered you $1 to go to any store and find a $1 item to purchase that when you left the store was going to cost you more the. The $1 you walked in with. New York City and State Taxes are 14.75% + $3.50 Bed Tax. I'm so sorry we were unable to explain it to you in a better way you would understand it.

Perfect. There are many restrooms and staff is very polite.

You have to pay to leave your baggage

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review. We offer the option and convenience of luggage storage for guests who have checked out and want to utilize their remaining hours till their flight or for guests who are continuing on to other cities that do not want to drag their luggage around with them for a fee of $5. We hope you had an enjoyable stay with us!

Best hostel in NYC! Close to subway station and within walking distance of many touristy areas. Rooms were a bit hot though. Each bunk should have its own electrical outlet too, because if you're on the top bed you're unable to keep your phone/camera with you overnight.

One of the best places to stay in the city. It's affordable and the Kips Bay/Murray Hill area is a great location. Just down the block is the Empire State Building, there's subway access and plenty of great food/bars/diners in walking distance. Really a great place to be.

• 12th Mar 2015

Very nice and clean. Felt more like a hotel. Great location. Great staff. Will definitely be coming here again.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Puerto Rico

Poor acces, especially for bags or luggage. They do not have elevator. Confusing information on refunding taxes.

Wish there was a better community room and a kitchen to prepare food!

The only bad thing about the facilities was how long it took to get barely warm water. The water pressure was weak. A little more space in the bathroom would be nice. I was in the mixed dorm with semi private bathroom facilties. Advise people to wear slippers in the shower. Lock purchase highly suggested. Met some great folks. I mostly showered and slept there, I would be gone all day and most of the night. Would recommend to anyone on a budget but with these notes of course.

• 8th Mar 2015

There is a lot of noise out in the street but nothing that earplugs can fix!! I can really recommend this hostel :D

• 7th Mar 2015
  • manuelmdca3804
  • Mexico

Thank you for your review. Please note that we offer complimentary ear plugs.

Great all around. Really enjoyed it. Very clean, with great service in a good location.

• 7th Mar 2015