New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

They charged me more than I was expecting. I asked for a 3 beds and they gave me 2 beds. A had to make a deposit to get the towels and my card also. I didn't like that, they should trust in their clients. Very tiny place, but it's ok because it is NY. However, the bed are very clean and the location is very good. I suggest you take out that advertising offering a trip for those who gives a 90% and up review. I prefer having a good stay, for a fair price.

The breakfast is Dunkin doughnuts and coffee. Close to the subway - excellent midtown location. If you're in a top bunk then they are quite wobbly!

Really awful, dont go there!

• 24th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review. We have reviewed the notes on your reservation. You had reserved a bed in our Standard 4 Bed Mixed Dorm for 1 night. Upon checkin, you were informed that bed 3 was allocated to you. After checking into your room, you had requested bed #1, but it was already occupied. We were completely sold out that evening and couldn't accommodate you even with an upgrade. We apologize that the other guests in your room did not want to switch beds.

The staff was incredibly helpful. The location was perfect.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Puerto Rico

thx a lot for wonderful staff!!!! so friendly!!!! I really had an awesome time staying in this hostel, Good location, so clean and safe!!!! I would go back there for sure!!!! I recommend this hostel strongly!!!! Thanks a lot again:)

• 23rd Jul 2014

It's the perfect spot in the city to sleep while visiting. It's clean, the staff is wonderful and it's so close from everything that you can walk everywhere. Sure, if you're looking to make friends, the communal area is pretty small, but you can meet people everywhere, it's new york. I'll stay there on my next trip to New York. Best Hostel in town.

• 21st Jul 2014

I was very happy to stay at New york budget inn. The staff was extremely helpful and kind, there were a lot of activities (free pizza, kareoke, pubnight...) and the location couldn't have been better. The restrooms are really clean and the cleaning staff is very friendly. The room wasn't big for 3 people but included everything that we needed and was always clean. Best thing about NYBI is the price! Wow! If I'll visit NY again, I know where to go! I recommened it to everyone!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Very happy here. Very clean and felt very safe. Great value. Great bathrooms. Free breakfast everyday. Friendly staff. Would stay here again. Bus stop out front, subway a couple of blocks away. Lots of bars, restaurants around. Good vibe

Overall, it worked out fine for me to stay there. I'd do it again. the staff was friendly and linens seemed clean. My room smelled terribly of dirty feet. There were four people in the room, so I don't know if the room smelled like that or if one of the guests had super smelly shoes or feet. In any case - I'll be back next month and plan to stay there again

• 18th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Please note that we vacuum all of our rooms daily and shampoo our carpets twice a week. We are aware that many guests travel for an extended amount of time and perhaps may have an odor due to either from dirty laundry, shoes or hygiene. We look forward to having you stay with us next month.

Amazing location, and felt safe at all times!! Lots of places to eat near by. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Free morning doughnuts and coffee were fab. Very clean. Would stay here again!

Best hostel! Stayed here for 5 nights. 2 nights in a private room with TV. It was small but big enough for me. It would be cosy with two people but still ok. I couldn't here traffic level 4. Next I stayed in the more expensive private with fridge and sink, was a bit bigger. Then in stayed in a 4 bed female dorm. It was decent with a sink. Can hear traffic but didn't worry me. Whole place was spotless clean. Excellent bathrooms. Free brekky. Excellent staff. Great location! Will be back.

What an amazing hostel! Friendly, helpful staff, rooms with fantastic air conditioning and linens that were changed daily, bathrooms that were constantly being cleaned and that had signs posted saying "We strive to keep these bathrooms tidy - if they're not, we want to know!" It is only a few blocks away from a subway line, and is surrounded with lively streets filled with tasty restaurants. The New York Budget Inn is a prime midtown location that makes a fantastic home away from home! Try it!

Staff was slow at responding to questions asked and did usually not focus at one person at a time. There are many fees for leaving your bags here, 5$ for each bag, which I mean is quite a lot. To compensate for a small common area, the staff could have made a list of all places that were interesting to go to and possible discounts to Get for each of These so that they wouldn't necessarily have to repeat this several times. Plus if they had wouls have had some of the outings themselves.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Thank you for your review. We will bring this issue up immediately with our front desk as there is always room to improve. As space is limited in Manhattan, we offer guests the convenient option of luggage storage for a fee of $5, if we did not charge, we would have no space to accommodate all guests. Please note that as you enter, a guest has a variety of activities and discounts guests can take with them located on the wall of our downstairs lobby.

It was horrible hot in the rooms due to the weather, maybe they could do more to prevent that. There were no plugs on the room, only in the restroom. It's too bad when you have to go somewhere just to charge your camera or cell, you want to spend that time with exploring the city. I know it's New York and it was probably on of the cheapest offers, but 70 Bucks per night was a lot of money for me. Staff was really good, polite and helpful.

• 15th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review. Yes, it was very hot in NY this week, however each room has an AC unit and ceiling fan. Each room has a minimum of 2 outlets however in your room, our standard 4 bed dorm Ensuite has 3 separate outlets and one in the bathroom. We are pleased you had enjoyed our staff as we enjoyed having you!

It was my first hostel experience and I was quite happy overall! The staff is great, location is fun, and the value is perfect. It also helped that I met some fun people in my room and during the karaoke jam.

• 14th Jul 2014

the beds are like that you are sleeping on a cloud i wish i can live at the hostel is a very excellent place in manhattan

• 14th Jul 2014

Cleanliness excellent, staff helpful, very good hostel.

I highly recommend this hotel. Everything was good about it. I could fault nothing. The staff were lovely and very helpful. It is a great place to stay when you don't want to break the bank. Would definitely stay here again.

• 12th Jul 2014

First time in New York and stayed at Budget Inn after reading a lot of positive reviews and I was not disappointed! This place is ideally located in midtown, a 5 min walk to the Empire State Building! There is a subway station down the street which can easily be used for quick runs to lower Manhattan. The staff where all really nice and the accommodation was fantastic, plenty if shared washrooms on all the floors, I never had to wait to use one. I will deffienaly stop here again when I'm back!

• 11th Jul 2014

Great location and very friendly and helpful staff. Nice touches like soap, shampoo, slippers, coffee and donuts. Small common area, so difficult to meet others but you are in NYC after all so many things to keep you occupied - was perfect for a good nights sleep!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7