New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The staff is by far the best part of this Hostal. They are very nice and fun, by that reason alone I recommend this place. The location is also extremely good. The rooms have a prison-like feeling, they are very simple but functional. I stayed in a private 2 person room and was OK, it was clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were very clean and the shower worked fine. I definitively recommend this place (if you don't mind sleeping in a tiny but comfortable room).

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Great location, very clean and good value for money. But noise from outside at night is very loud.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Every tahona was just perfect!!! Absolutamente todo perfecto, el staff fue increíble !! Saludos a Christopher !!

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Everyday when we came back into the hostel the rooms where clean and tidy. Even though the bathrooms were shared, they were always well maintained. the atmosphere in reception was great when we had free pizza and karioke. We would definitely reccomend staying at budget inn if you are travelling to new york. Great experience and very friendly.

• 18th Aug 2014

Brilliant place just along from the empire state building, i would deffinately stay here again!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

A nice addition would be reading lights for each bunk.

Personnell is not very friendly nor willing to make an effort to help

• 14th Aug 2014

Upon review of your reservation , we have 10 different notes on your account. As you didn't show up the first night of your reservation , you had argued for over an hour that our 48 cancelation policy was wrong and we had unfairly billed you . Another complaint you had made teas that you had made a mistake when booking thinking there was a bathroom in your private room and demanded a 50% reduction on your stay We work hard for our guests and our reputation, but this review is truly unfair!!

The room, bed linen, and facilities were clean and nice. They could use less chemicals when cleaning or choose more environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals (a lot of people have chemical sensitivities now)

• 13th Aug 2014

Thank you for your review! We will definitely look into this. Thank you

A really nice hostel, excellent location and great staff! I found our room spacious, really good to have a fridge in the room!

An excellent value hostel with great ammenities in a good location. Wifi was accessible in the room and the individual shower rooms were a breath of fresh air. The staff were poite and the facillities were cleaned regularly.

• 10th Aug 2014

I stayed in the Budget Inn hostel with my girlfriend for one night and we were extremely satisfied with our stay. The four bed mixed dorm was spacious. There were lockers (although for additional fee), sink with mirror, table and a couple of chairs in the room, as well as plenty of power sockets and an air conditioner which served its duties well. Room and bathrooms were all clean and neat. We got towels, pack of shampoo, conditioner, soap and a pair of slippers each upon arrival.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure having you as a guest. We would like to correct one thing you noted. There are lockers in every room and there is NO charge. You must however provide your own lock. As a courtesy to our guests we do sell locks if they need them.

Excellent location. We stayed in another hostel uptown and this one felt much closer to all the classic NYC icons bar Central Park. Very close to the subway and basically everything you can think of. The Pizza across the road is absolutely wicked value-for-money and there are a number of decent eateries in walking distance. Corridors are a little cramped but that's my only "bad" thing. Special thanks to staff who got my wallet and returned it after silly me left it downstairs one night :)

Overall I was glad to stay in this hostel. However the windows could not be opened and the air was used and quite bad. There is no kitchen which is a minus for me since I prefer cooking to eating out.

Thank you for your review. The window on the bottom is locked at there is an AC in the bottom potion of the window, but the top opens. As space is tight and expensive in manhattan, most of our rooms have a refrigerator and microwave.

Sadly they dont have a bar or anything where you can meet other people from the hostel. So for travelers who are alone it isnt as good.

A lot better than I expected! I'm always a little leery of US hostels. But this one was great. The only thing I would say is that my room was a constant 83 degrees. Granted the bunk mates did not like the AC on so they would turn it off but when it was on the room seemed not to get any cooler. But other than that everything was great!

• 6th Aug 2014

I stayed at this hostel for the second time and I think there can't be a better hostel that is so centrally located and with so friendly and helpful staff! The staff is really incredible kind! I really enjoyed my stay at the NYBI and when I come back to NY i am definitely going to stay at this hostel again! :) Thank you so much!

• 6th Aug 2014

Good location, however very noisy at night and staff at front desk weren't very helpful.

Thank you for your message. Our staff had made a note on your accommodation. We are sorry to have heard about the noise complaint, however we did attempt to offer you complimentary ear plugs but you were seeking a discount for the noise from outside. We do try our best to accommodate all of our guests to the best we can.

No shower/toilet in room. They were however very clean at any given time. Very small rooms and hard mattress. The beds were made for you every day which was nice. Very safe! (2 doors which you can only get through with a key card)

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Thank you for your review. We have many different room types. Rooms labeled Ensuite are room with a bathroom. For more details and actual pictures of all room types, availability and pricing, please visit us online

Extremely good WiFi setup good for the media work that I was doing. Standard room is tiny, but for the location and price it is understandable. Staff were very friendly and the place was maintained very well and was very tidy.

Really friendly staff and a good location for the hostel. Definitely don't expect too much, especially quite small rooms, but reasonable price for what you get.

• 2nd Aug 2014