8.8
Fabulous 6,361 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 6,361 Total Reviews
New York Budget Inn Located at 200 East 34th St., , New York.
USA
New York New York 10016 200 East 34th St.
88% 6361
40.7454850 -73.9780497
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 41+
3rd Dec 2016
7.4

This was my 1st experience at a hostel, I wasn't sure what to expect. Only real complaints are site stated a private bath. It was a private shared bath, meaning a single bathroom, 1 of 4 on the floor. It wasn't an en suite, rather a private bath down the hall that everyone on the floor used. 2nd issue, it was tough to sleep. Foot traffic & doors in the hall easily heard & there was some sort of clanking sound - plumbing? Next time I'll just bring earplugs! For what we needed though, great!

Thank you for your comments. All our rooms are clearly explained on our website. We do have "en suite" rooms with bathrooms in the rooms as well as shared bathrooms on the floor. It is up to the guest which rooms to book. New York is a 24 hour City and we are in the middle of it. For our light sleepers we offer complimentary ear plugs. There is a sign by the front desk. All you have to do is ask. We look forward to your next visit.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
3rd Dec 2016

It's a great place to stay in NYC! But it is very noisy. It's located pretty central, but it makes you deal with a lot of noise. If you are a light sleeper you might want to consider something different!

New York is a 24 hour City and we are right in the middle of it. For our light sleepers we offer complimentary ear plugs. Just ask at the front desk.

• USA, Female, 31-40
2nd Dec 2016

Love the place, central to a lot of sights. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The place is clean and comfortable. Grateful for the donuts and coffee in the morning.

Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to greeting you again.

• USA, Female, 25-30
2nd Dec 2016

My stay was fantastic! It was simple and clean, and a great place to rest my head after a hectic New York adventure. Jose the concierge was extremely helpful, and helped resolve an issue of the bed rentals which I had created. Thank you for the stay!

Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to greeting you again.

• USA, Female, 18-24
1st Dec 2016

Fantastic hostel! The location is perfect, very close to Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden, Penn Station, everything you need to get around. Security is great, you need to use your card 3 times to get in and front desk is always staffed with very friendly people. The hostel is very clean--my bed was made every day and I had a fresh towel every day. They also gave me shampoo, conditioner, and body soap when I arrived which was nice. I think it's a really good value.

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to greeting you again.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
27th Nov 2016

I genuinely can't fault this hostel. I stayed in it for 4 nights and it was a great experience! The hostel is in a really central location, really close to the Empire State Building and Macy's. Staff were so friendly - BIG thanks to Jen (aka 5 star Jen), Juan and Jose - they especially were so friendly and helpful, legends! I have read negative comments about the shower rooms but I disagree - I had no issues with them. I will be staying here again if I ever come back to NYC!

• USA, Male, 41+
27th Nov 2016

I was very glad to stay here. Excellent location with affordable price, beautiful service and clean restrooms.

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay at our excellent location. We look forward to greeting you on your next visit to The Big Apple.

• England, Female, 18-24
7.1

The best thing about this hostel was the location - everything is really central. However, being a solo traveller the atmosphere wasn't great, there weren't any events scheduled and there wasn't a great common room area for people to socialise other than a few chairs by reception. The wifi was diabolical and rarely worked. But the bathrooms and rooms were well kept and clean. Try the pizza place opposite - a dollar a slice!

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our location. Due to our location in the center of all mid town Manhattan main attractions it limits our space for a larger common area. Please note we have over 10 hot spots throughout the building, you must reconnect to the floor you are located in using the designated password. More over for guest interaction we offer karaoke parties, bingo nights, free walking tours, and weekend pub crawls. We look forward to your return.

• Australia, Female, 41+
26th Nov 2016

WAs a great place to stay but no coffee making facilities or kitchen provided like most hostels. Free breakfast in the morning I'm the shape of coffee and doughnut balls if you got up early enough to get some. Other than that it was a good place to stay. Near to Centre and safe to walk to even at night (in my opinion). Staff friendly and helpful

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed of our location and staff. Due to our location in the center of mid town Manhattan main attractions it limits our space, therefore we cannot offer our guest with a kitchen. We look forward to greeting you on your next visit to NYC.

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
6.9

Very noisy. Couldnt sleep at night especially on the weekend.

Thank you for you review. We offer our guest complementary earplugs at our front desk upon request. For future reference please inform the front desk of any discomfort and we will do anything in our hands to accommodate you.