New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The staff here are amazing. They went out of their way to provide excellent service. The hostel is in a super convenient spot. Easily walkable to all main spots. It gets cleaned at least twice a day from what I saw. Rooms can be a bit small, but it is NYC after all. I'll definitely be back.

Excellent location with helpful staff. Thank you to Omar

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Thailand

Very clean and confortable. Helpfull staff also. I'd stay there again for sure.

We had a great stay at New York Budget Inn. The shared bathrooms were incredibly clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. This hostel is located in a great area with easy access to the rest of Manhattan! It's very easy to get to from Grand Central and Penn Station. The only down side to our stay was the uncomfortable beds, but I can't complain too much! I like especially squishy beds, so if you like firm beds... you won't have any problems! :)

• 18th Jan 2015

The room was very small but being New York I didnt spend much time in it!

• 15th Jan 2015

For my first time in New York, this was a wonderful place to stay. I always felt safe, and, although the rooms are tiny, I felt that I was getting a good deal compared to the surrounding hotels.

Very nice hostel with clean rooms with fridge and microwaves. Big bathrooms. You get Towels if you need them for free. Every morning there is free coffee and munchkins and apples. Best thing: free Pizza and Karaoke night! We enyoed our stay very much.

PROS: great location, with tons of nice restaurants and bars!Shared bathrooms on each floor are impeccably clean and comfortable.Free coffee and mini-donuts every morning.Free pizza some nights.Slippers and shampoo when you check in.Lockers in rooms. CONS: rooms facing the street unbelievably noisy, day and night - million cars, buses and there happens to be a construction site RIGHT outside...Beds are very creaky and noisy too. Staff doesn't seem to care much for guests. Atmosphere is 0.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, NYC is a very busy and noisy city, however we do offer complimentary ear plugs. Thank you for informing us about your bed, we will immediately look into rectifying that. Can you please email us regarding our staff, we are constantly seeking way to better ourselves: info@newyorkbudgetinn.com

I stayed for a week. My stay was very pleasant in general. (Good location, most of the staff was friendly and helpful, clean rooms) On trip advisor it said NY Budget Inn had a campaign for stay 3 nights and get one free which I found out some of my roommates were able to use. I was unable to use it because when I emailed (as the ad said to do so on trip advisor) I got no response and the staff gave me different answers. That was a bit disappointing given it was advertised.

Nice staff, really clean and near the subway. Bad thing is that they don't have common areas, only the reception. Also the room that I stayed it's too noisy.

Thank you for your review. As space is limited and very expensive in Manhattan, we maximize our lobby area for events such as pizza and karaoke parties, movie night, game night.. We do offer a verity of activities to socialize and to meet fellow travelers: walking tours, pub crawls... We apologize for the noise inconvenience. Please note that we do offer complimentary ear plugs for light sleepers.

This hostel is located in 34th st which is quite convenient since there is a M34 just across the road. However it's very very noisy and I do mean it. I used to live near a railroad and it can't be close to that noisy. Lucky is that they will offer you earplugs which you will definitely need. I did meet some amazing friends and it's a great hostel. I will revisit it if I come to NY again

Very pleased. It was clean, well run. The shower was hot, the wifi worked, and they even provided soap and shampoo. Definitely a step above what I was expecting and even the regular hotel I stayed in for a much higher price earlier in the week. The 43 bus is a good connection to Megabus and Penn station which might be mentioned on the subway-centric transport list.

The only negative is the noise in the lobby with constant TV or duke box playing loudly.. Our rooms are away from the lobby though so not affected. Very clean comfortable beds and very clean bathrooms with lovely hot showers. Staff very friendly and helpful especially Daniel..I stayed a week on my way to India then again on my return to Utah. Cost was a lot more than I have paid for a dorm any where but I guess it is good for NYC.

Thank you for your review. We will be sure to better monitor the noise.

I really enjoyed my stay in the NY Budget Inn: I was mainly using it to sleep, spending my time out and about! The shared toilets were kept very clean, the size of the bedroom (twin standard) is really small and the staff are very helpful.

• Portugal

Pros: super clean, plenty of restrooms on each floor so never had to wait, snacks (though often empty and only apples), free doughnuts in the morning, at a very safe location (I'm a girl and I did not feel unsafe walking back to the hostel at night), the lobby is always occupied so security is taken care of, took care of my luggages, airport pickup services Cons: can be loud at times but that's just NY, rooms are relatively small, can't do laundary

• South Korea

The value is high compare what they offer, I strongely recommend to choose another hostel when you're staying in Manhattan

• All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for your review. NYC tends to be more expensive then other cities however compared to other properties in NY and those located in Manhattan, we find our prices very competitive. Most properties do not offer: complimentary- slippers, soap, shampoo & conditioner at check in. Free Dunkin Donuts Coffee and donuts for a snack, daily housekeeping with linen, free lockers just to name a few free extra perks we offer.

I said average for the facilities, because there was very little warm water for taking a shower. I liked the stay, it was quite perfect in location/and the staff was caring. I would stay there again

great hostel, super clean with great facilities. Staff were awesome.

• 5th Jan 2015

Construction on the corner of 34th St. and 3rd Ave., where the hostel is located, made it difficult to sleep in the early morning hours. I'm not sure there is anything the hostel can do about this; however, it is something of an issue. Otherwise, for a budget hostel, the place was kept very clean and the staff were helpful and polite.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Good place, good location and interisting price

• 3rd Jan 2015