New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Really cool hostel in a fantastic location. Very clean with great staff. But the hostel needs to have a no noise policy after midnight as i was awakened a few times during the night by shouting from noisy guests.

The staff was excellent an helpful. Rooms and restrooms pretty clean.. Rooms were tiny though but this what u get in budget... Wifi superfast. Location is quite a littel difficult for newbies...

• 21st Feb 2015
  • India

Very well located place, close to the 33rd St. Station, safe and clean. The staff is very helpful, even though sometimes not very friendly.

Great location and good value for money if you are only going to stay at the hostel while sleeping. Our dual private room was extremely small, with bunk beds and a closet. We stayed during winter time, and as it was freezing outside, the hostel ran the heating up – so much that we had to use the AC to the max to cool the room down to liveable temperatures. First hostel I've ever been to with absoltuely no parties or happenings in the lobby! Good/bad, depending on your preferences.

Had a good time. Very clean for a hostel and was a good atmosphere. Would stay here again. Only negative is that it was noisy outside due to roadworks.

We choose the hostel because of its location : Just a short walk to the Empire State Building and Grand Central Terminal for a good price. + It's safe (3 times badging before we were in our room) + Clean bathrooms (always hot water and more than enough bathrooms) + Friendly : The people at the reception were very kind and always there to help you or to give you information. - Rooms : a bit too small (dificult to open your luggage) and way to hot (no possibility to turn off heating)

Very upset about the climate in rooms! Too hot or too cold! And the noise from tubes was really annoying! Why don't you do something to solve the situation!?

• 16th Feb 2015

Thank you so much for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience. As you only stayed for 1 night, we had a team in the following day to fix your radiator. We wish you had informed us of this issue earlier rather then waiting to let us know until checkout. Additionally, we would have either switched your room or upgraded you.

Value for money is good, considering you are in walking distance of Time Square, Grand Central, 5th Ave. etc. The restrooms (shower and toilet) were clean. The private room we were in was tiny, but all you need is a (bunk)bed (that was kinda unstable though). The air was super dry and hot. The strong wifi connection was a good thing. There are no communal areas or kitchens as you might find in most hostels. But everything else is nearby.

• 15th Feb 2015

Thank you for your review. As space is extremely expensive & limited in Manhattan we offer an inexpensive option. We offer a verity of different room types. You had reserved our most economical room type- Our Basic Twin Private Room. All of our other room types are inclusive of a refrigerator and microwave as we do not have the space for a kitchen facility.

They do everything possible to make this accommodation be the best in its class.

All my positive comments are in the box below. The only negative is that I wish there was a larger common room to hang out in.

• 13th Feb 2015

So hard to find clean places and this is one of them. Hats off to the staff for cleanliness here. Will stay again

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay, near from mid town, this is the place. They deliver what they promisses and thats it. cleanliness is ok. There are no lifts so if you happens to get a room on the higher levels you'll have to carry your luggages by yourself. Afterall review is average.

Thank you for your review. We strive to be a whole lot more then average. As we so not have an elevator in our facility, our staff are always available to assist with luggage. We hope you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Too much noisy at night. I was fine because I am not sensitive person, But, some of my roommates had a trouble falling in sleep.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you for your review. We are happy you were able to sleep. NYC does tend to be a noisy city as it is a 24 hour city.

Loved staying here. Hard to beat the price in the heart of Manhattan. Only 2 things that made it less than perfect was 1) not especially close to subway lines (though admittedly very doable) and 2) the room window was entirely blacked by the building next door. Probably just for some sort of esthetics.

Wonderful stay. Our first time as non-students in a hostel all we were pleasantly surprised. A friendly atmosphere with plenty of character. The only downside (literally!) was a slightly sloping on one side double bed which meant we rolled into the middle a bit. Apart from that great. Coffee and doughnut bites and pizza nights a welcoming touch. Thank you!

• 7th Feb 2015

Great, great hostel. The lobby staff was not as friendly as I thought they would be, but they were just okay. The location was great, only a few blocks from the Empire State and 15/20min away walking from Times Square. Free coffee, doughnuts and sometimes pizza. AMAZING. It always was super clean, bathrooms, bedrooms, everything. Highly recommend this place :) Just one thing. The heater in room 517 was leaking, I told the staff but the problem was never solved.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Locker isn't big enough for a big pack. Showers are cleanest I've ever used. Sometimes the pipes rattle and the windows let noise in. I slept well and easily though. Dunkin' Donuts in the morning are great. Lock they sell kind of sucks but it works. Location is out of this world perfect. Between Brooklyn and Harlem and Downtown. I had a great experience.

• 5th Feb 2015

This is a wonderful place - safe, very clean, quiet, and cheap for Manhattan. I stayed in a dorm with two other males; it is a bit awkward extricating oneself from the bunk-bed in the early hours of the morning, but that is to be expected. I am planning on going here whenever I'm next in New York.

• 4th Feb 2015

It was a pleasure staying there and ther girls working the front desk Friday the 30th in the afternoon were very nice friendly helpful and welcoming! I shall return again when I come back to NYC for my Musician Showcase! Ill be sure to give them some tickets to see the event! Thanks again. See you soon!!! Sincerely Connor Travì Dube My music: reverbnation.com/CONNORDUBE

• 30th Jan 2015

Everything was great except the fact that I am on the 5th floor and I can still hear the loud traffic. It kept me up all night. Also, they charged for towels. Also, bring your own lock for the locker.

• 29th Jan 2015

Thank you for your review! NYC can be bit loud and noisy. Please note that we do not charge for towels, we do take a deposit which is refundable upon check out.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7