New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I called the hostel,3 hours after I booked and before the check-in time and explained that I was at the airport and had a problem with flying to New York ,so to transfer my booking for the day after.They suggested to send an e-mail. I did sent TWO e-mails and three phone calls. Next day when got there I was shocked to see they had charged my credit card the whole amount and end up paying 150$ for a cell like room.No sitting area, just 4 seats in front of the reception desk.bad experience !

Best Hostel In NYC

• 26th Oct 2014

Nice clean rooms with fridge and micro. Two pillows ans two nice blankets. They also give each guest slippers and toiletries. Only downside is that it is very noisy and will be for the next two years due to construction, so bring earplugs. Also, no common area except the lobby which is very crowded, small, and right in front of the check in desk.

Great hostel. This location is fantastic and walkable to so many things. Bathrooms were amazingly clean all of the time. There was no areas to hang out though except for the reception area which was tiny and had a few couches. No kitchen either. My room had a sink and a little bar fridge though. Staff were friendly and helpful. I was on the second floor which had 4 bathrooms. I thought that wouldn't be enough but it was fine. Never waited more then 1 minute. The place is so loud though!

New York Budget Inn is the best Hostel in Manhattan. It is a very good location and very convenience to walk around mid town Manhattan. It's easy to get subway too. Even the room is a bit small but very clean and comfortable. Staffs are helpful and friendly. I'm so lucky to have great roommates so. If I have a chance to come back to New York again, I will not hesitate to book this hostel.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

I think the accessibility of the bunk beds would improve if the ladders were on the side of the bed, rather than the ends.

The staff I met for the first time the young lady is very unfriendly and seemed no interesting to greet and assist the visitor. I have to wait like 30 minutes just to check in bec I pay in cash while the next reception already done with 2 guesses. And she gave me the changes for 65 us in 1 dollar so I have like 65 pieces of 1 us... So bad.

amazing. 100% attendance, Omar and Daniel até very nice, helped me with everything I needed. place extremely clean and organized. felt safe to leave my valuables. very well located. perfect

• 22nd Oct 2014

It is probably New York and I couldn't find a place better in Manhattan, but you feel this is more like a business than genuinely nice accommodation. The facilities are good and adequate, but the rooms are cramped and space is of premium - some of the toilets / bathrooms are pretty small. Then again, I think it is a New York thing - expensive (compared to Europe), tight with space, and a bit impersonal. I would suggest the hostel to consider converting the 4-bed dorm to 2/3-bed rooms.

Thank you for your review. being located in Manhattan, space is a premium. We try to maximize our facility to the best we can while offering refrigerators, microwaves, desks, free lockers and other perks you typically don't find in other properties, to better enhance a guests stay. our main goal is to offer guests more then they would expect at a reasonable price, very reasonable for the New York City.

The bedroom is too crowded but I suppose this being NYC, it is to be expected. I was placed on an upstairs bunk which is a bit too much for a 70-year old. Next time, I will be on a downstairs bed.

• 18th Oct 2014

It was a wonderful place to stay! Very convenient location and friendly staff!

• 18th Oct 2014

Found the hostel very noisy. Stayed there twice

• 17th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Loved the place, but we thought we were booking into a hostel - i.e. a place that would have a kitchen with tables/chairs/pots/pans/dishes/refrigerator/stoves, a common room for revisiting and meeting other travelers and relaxing. The Budget Inn doesn't have any of these amenities, and as we were travelling on a budget and love meeting other travelers, this was the only disappointment. The staff were terrific & went out of their way to help us, and the cleaning staff were omnipresent & great.

• 17th Oct 2014

Thank you so much for your review. As we do not have a full kitchen, all rooms but our Basic Twin Private Rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. As space is limited in the city we maximize our lobby area. We have a verity of activities that guests join to meet fellow travelers. Pizza and karaoke nights, walking tours, pub crawls, club adventures, game night..just to name a few activities.

Location is definatelly the best thing about this hostel. Separate bathrooms give you also more privacy that I expected. This hostel need more space for common use, apart from one small room, just next to the front desk, there is no other place to hang out with other people. Overall - very good, I guess even better, having know that Im talking about NYC.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Serbia

Just perfect!

• 14th Oct 2014

Thank you! We look forward to having you stay with us again

Great location and super-friendly and helpful staff, coupled with great extras such as pizza and karaoke nights and coffee and donuts for breakfast. The location is great, but it is in a busy area so is quite noisy, but then again, New York is the city that never sleeps.Some great restaurants around the area and not far from the subway and some major attractions. A great option for the budget traveler.

We were a bit confused with the this is what you pay on arrival, and then found due to the local tax we had an extra $140 which bit into our budget. It would be better to have that made more apparent on the booking form.Do you supply ear plugs???

Thank you for your review. As clearly indicated on our website, all of our affiliate sites and on your confirmation email, City & State Taxes are Not included. Absolutely we offer complimentary ear plugs, there is a sign by the front desk. If you missed it, just ask! Our staff are here for you!!

This was my second time here and won't be the last! It's really a good place to stay! The place, facilities, atmosphere and the kindness and the excellent attention of the people that work there. Good job!

it's not a hostel, and the square meters per resident is very defficient. The smell in the first floor is not so good. The beds have a very poor quality... The good things are location and staff... not enough for the price.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Chile

Loved the staff and dorm mates I ended up receiving, but the facilities themselves kinda blowed. There was no hot water at all and I heard a lot of other residents complaining about room changes and such. Overall I enjoyed it, though in my opinion it should have been $10-20 cheaper.

• 9th Oct 2014

Thank you for our review. We had checked all the showers on the 4th floor in which you had stayed for your 1 night stay after reading your review and noticed hot water available. Our prices are very competitive with most properties in NY however we are located in the City which is better situated then any other property.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7