New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Location was good but could do with a good clean and nicer rooms. Was hair all over the bathrooms and the room smelt very bad all the time. Didn't enjoy my stay there wouldn't be back!

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Lugar bom para ficar por um curto período de tempo. Ótima recepção, pessoal atencioso, a vizinhança não é muito barulhenta e a localização é boa. Mas falha na limpeza dos quartos e principalmente dos banheiros compartilhados.

• 26th Aug 2015

The wifi was quite temperamental

• 25th Aug 2015

Jose and Peter Green are the funniest guys ever. So glad I lengthened my time there!

I love this place, I would love to stay here again. The beds are comfy, the rooms are clean and spacious. The only improvement I would make would be the breakfast as the only food available are donuts... And the socialising area isn't big but this is made up by the awesome staff. 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

I stayed at this for one night and it was great. The beds were extremely comfortable and the staff were great. The whole hosel was very clean and well kept. Over all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

I paid $100 for a private room without a private bathroom. I needed to stay 1 night extra and although the staff made some efforts to acccomate, no extra mile. I understand that you get what you pay for, however (for a private) I moved to a different hotel for $150, modern, full breakfast, gym and better location. I would go back, but only with a group and on a budget. For a private there are better options available (although with an increased price). The environment is cool. Clean: OK!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Thank you for your comment. All our rooms ,with pictures and prices are listed on our website. You stayed in a single private and paid $80 per night. The two nights were $160. As you state, your other location cost you $300 for 2 nights; almost double what you paid at New York Budget Inn. Most of our guests prefer not to waste their money.

I was greeted well and was informed of all the lovey things that are available, such as the karaoke, pizza nights and doughnuts for breakfast. On the negative side, the only way to access your room was by using the stairs which can be a bit of a nightmare when carrying all that luggage. The private room was small, but to be expected. Something that upset me was that my bed sheets weren't changed everyday and sometimes the room wasn't cleaned. I also found a cockroach in the restroom.

Thank you for your review. While we do not have an elevator our staff is always happy to assist guests with their luggage. We are shocked at your comment regarding the room. While very few hostels provide any room service, we provide daily room service. As you mentioned, we try to provide our guests with many extras. We checked your records and found no complaints on your part. If you would have mentioned anything to our front desk we would have taken care of it immediately

The hostel has a very good location on the 34th street, just a few blocks away from the empire state building (Midtown) or the subway. However, this place looks like a hotel and not a hostel. The common room is very little to welcome all the guests and there is no kitchen at all. No laundry either... Be careful !! If you want to store your bag, that's not free !!! And they never tell you about it. You just realise when it's too late.

The people were so friendly, the room was clean and today, and it was all very good value for money! Shout out to the two guys who checked us in at 9pm on the 8/16/15 they were awesome!!

• 16th Aug 2015

I had such a pleasant time staying at the New York Budget Inn, the staff were incredibly friendly and extremely helpful. The social and bathroom facilities were excellent, plus the place was clean, tidy and in a central location of New York City.

• 16th Aug 2015

I liked this host . I recommend it. Enjoy!

• 14th Aug 2015

The New York Budget Inn is a great option to stay in the city. I've been there several times and it never disappoints me.

Everything was perfect! Clean friendly with free, safe, extras and great location. Staff were very helpful and knowledgable

• 14th Aug 2015

The best part, I guess, is their location. Being at Midtown, it's whom walking distance from Grand central, Times Square and other major attractions. The bonus is that they put a microwave and a fridge in the 4 beds dorm which is very considerate. However, breakfast is disappointing. You must be up early to be sure of coffe and donuts.

Thank you for your kind review. As stated on our website, we do not serve breakfast. However, as a courtesy to our quests we offer coffee, hot chocolate, donuts and apples for our guests every morning at 8:00 AM.

I wanted to stay in a convenient inexpensive place near where I was doing a workshop. Since I am 67 years old, I was wary. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly atmosphere, comfort, cleanliness of the Hostel. I found the staff at the desk were helpful and informative. I enjoyed the International Atmosphere, too.

• 14th Aug 2015

Staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and efficient, I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

The complimentary earplugs we got at our stay were super helpful (for sleeping-- not for noticing the alarm in the morning ;p )

• 13th Aug 2015

What I like about this hostel that it's clean! Staff is nice and helpful whenever you need them. Rooms are ok size wise, beds are comfortable and very clean! I stayed here twice and will stay again if I visit the city alone.

We love this hostel! The staff were all really friendly, the rooms were clean and safe, there are loads of bathrooms with showers and toilets so you are never waiting to use them and it is in a perfect location! We couldn't recommend this hostel enough! Plus you get free coffee and doughnuts every morning. We will deffo be staying here when we come back to New York! Thank you!

• 13th Aug 2015