New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, New York, USA

I missed my flight and couldn't make it to the hotel and was not able to get a refund. Someone at the front desk told me it would be possible last minute but it wasn't. Beware of the policy when you book your stay!!

• 13th Apr 2014

There are so many extra fees. Bring a towel.

• 10th Apr 2014

I think it's a bit ridiculous that you have to pay $5 for baggage storage, but other than that, no complaints. I like that they had a filtered water fountain for refilling my water bottle, and I love the free candy in the lobby. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

SUPER!!! Room a little too small, but no view or "real Windows" for mine:( Super share bathroom. very Nice staff

• 10th Apr 2014

Excellent location, very clean. The man who checkt us in wasn't very friendly, but the rest of the staff was. The room had a small fridge, a microwave, a small tv, a sink and lockers. The only complaint i would haven is that the room had a bad smell (like feet), and the showers didn't always work well (i guess during peak moments)

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Room smells.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Russia

Thank you for your message. Please note that we deodorize and vacume our rooms daily. Unfortunately we can not control the oder of other guests as you had stayed in a shared room.

$60 per night for a dorm room as far too much for what you get. No kitchen or common areas at all, and the breakfast wasn't great. Very clean and in a great location in midtown. And for some reason, my room swipe card could open other rooms. But you'll get a decent night's sleep.

Thank you for your review. Our rates are very competitive with other properties in NY considering we are located in the City. As we do not have a kitchen we do have a refrigorators and microwaves in most rooms. Please note that we do not offer breakfast, however we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts and coffee! Our rooms are accessed with programed proximity key cards, it is impossible to gain access with out or other room key cards!!

The staff is very helpfull, and they're nice also. The bathroom/restroom are cleaned at least 3 times a day. The only thing missing in my room was a mirror

I will definitely stay at this hostel again! It was conveniently located in the city and safe, and it was exactly what we were looking for: a room to sleep in. And the mattress was comfy! The bathroom and showers were very clean, which is a huge plus for me. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint is, I wish there was a mirror in the room we stayed in.

Very helpful staff!!

• 7th Apr 2014

Clean, tidy, felt safe, great location and staff helpful. No complaints and would stay back there 😊

• 6th Apr 2014

Cost more than it tasts, even with the great location. Money grinders, like some other hostels they are all about money making and not about service. You have to eat, but those two should go hand in hand in my book.

Thank you for your review. As stipulated on our website and all affiliated sites, taxes are not included. Please note that that service is our priority including security, cleanliness and a great atmosphere at a great value. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, slippers, free wifi, complimentary coffee and donuts, free pizza are just some ways we give back to our guests....with us, it's not just all about the money!!

Stayed for two nights in a private room which was very clean and well organized. Would of been nice if there was more common space so that you didn't have to sit in your room when you were back at the hostel.

• 4th Apr 2014

A little crammed but not bad for a cheap place to stay in NYC

• 1st Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff were warm, welcoming and continually helpful. The rooms are comfortable, if a little small (but it's NYC, what more can you expect?) and the location is convenient. The hostel is great for all types of travellers, and there are activities for everyone to get involved in. I'll definitely be coming back!

• 31st Mar 2014

great place to stay in NWE YORK

• 31st Mar 2014

I like the location and friendly staff. It is a little bit noisy at night because it is in Manhattan. The heating system is not great. I felt cold because the spring came late this year in NYC.

• 30th Mar 2014

Thank you for your review. We have reviewed your reservation and noticed we were not informed of the temperature complaint you had experienced in your room. We wish we would have known so we could have fixed it for you.

This was a good place to stay since i was there to meet up with friends but if I didn't know anyone in NYC it would have been hard to meet people. No common area at all! Just the reception area. I met people in my room who were cool but this isn't a hostel, it's a hotel where you share a room. The staff are super nice and even let me change rooms to get away from a snoring guy. Bad side is no kitchen or common area. Security was great and everything was nice and clean. I'd stay here again.

Thank you for your review. As space is very limited in Manhattan, we offer a variety of activities to meet fellow travelers: pizza and karaoke parties, game night, movie nights, pub crawls, walking tours... As we do not have a kitchen area in our facility, all rooms excluding our Basic Twin Private Rooms all have: Refrigorators, microwaves and sinks.

Clean, clean and clean ! Free Dunkin' Donuts coffee or hot chocolat + munchkin's free at 8h00. the wifi work really welll and everywhere in the building. You can fill your bottle of water at the free filling station. There is no comon area but they have small fridge and microwave in the room. 25 of walking from Porth Authorithy (Bus Terminal)

Great secure hostel in an awesome location. Very busy place. Feels more like a hotel with the setup having key cards to get into each room and not much of any common room to hand out in but it what can you do in New York. Again the location was awesome and easy to walk to empire st bulding and time square. Real easy to get to JFK with the subway and airtrain. Don't expect to meet many other people outside of your roommates. More of a place to stay while exploring New York

Thank you for your review. Inorder to ensure maximum security and safety, our entire facility requires a proximity key card. From the street entrance, to the lobby door just past our front desk and the room door. As Manhattan is tight on space, we offer a variety of activities for guests to meet other fellow travelers. From our walking tours, pub crawls, pizza and karaoke parties, movie nights, game nights and others are all ways to meet other guests.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7