New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The Budget Inn in New York is by far the most impressive lodging experience I have ever had as a backpacker. The bathrooms are clean, the staff are friendly and the rooms are more than I could have asked for.

• 18th May 2015

The staff and location were excellent! Rooms were quiet and clean. Bathrooms were also very clean. I would definitely stay here again. My only suggestion would be to add a small mirror to the guest rooms. I felt bad tying up a bathroom when I put on my makeup and could have done that in my room if there was a mirror on the wall.

• 14th May 2015

Awesome. I'll be back definitely

• 12th May 2015
  • Argentina

Me and 4 friends have just been to visit for a week. Can honestly say we couldn't fault it! Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were cleaned daily and the shared bathrooms on each floor were kept clean too. Each morning at 8am the hostel offers free donuts with coffee/hot chocolate. The location is fab, just minutes walk from the subway and just a 10/15 min walk from Times Square and grand central station. Excellent value for money would stay here again and recommend to anyone.

• 9th May 2015

It was by far the best hostel in the US I've been so far! The staff was really nice and helpfull and the showers amd restroomsbwere cleaned at least 4 times a week. The location on 34tz street is the place to be! Very close to all the sightsand good restaurants! I will definately come back!

I just miss a bar there!

• 9th May 2015

Very good hostel well located and staff are helpful and friendly, only missing is a kitchen and it was bit noisy outside because there was construction...

Clean rooms and toilets/showers. Great location for me on this trip. Not far from the Village and just a few blocks from Subway/Broadway. Social area/reception wasn't very big but I wasn't in the hostel that much anyway. Room was clean but because the AC was in the window near one of the lower bunks, that guy shuts it off and the room becomes very warm overnight and not too comfortable. Otherwise, it was a great hostel experience.

It's all good for being New York city. I wish they included breakfast or had a deal with a local place for cheap breakfast. I must say the luggage holding fee is pathetic($5) regardless of time checked in. Whether is an hour or a day. I feel they should be able to hold your luggage for free up to six hours then charge if past for a daily fee.

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, we do not serve breakfast however we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Hot Coffee, Hot Chocolate and donuts. The restaurant located downstairs has great breakfast options. Please note that we do not charge a luggage fee upon checkin however it is an option we offer our guests to make the most of their remaining time left in NYC. We hope you had an enjoyable stay with us!

The hostel is nice and the beds are good. But the rooms smelling.

• 8th May 2015

Thank you so much for your review. All of the carpets in our rooms are vacuumed daily and shampooed once a week. We understand that when guests share rooms, they never know whom they will be sharing it with, where they have traveled from and the level of heigein. Therefor we take all that under consideration for the depth of cleaning we take on to ensure 100% cleanliness of our rooms. We hope you had an enjoyable stay.

Just perfect!

• 7th May 2015
  • Argentina

Actually did not stay, something came up and I had to cancel. Left positive feedback because most people would be apprehensive to stay at a low price hotel in NYC thinking it would be below standard accommodations. I based my feedback on the scores of other satisfied customers. My accommodation needs are basic (clean sheets and hot shower, A/C or heat as applicable).

• 6th May 2015

Clean, secure and well located. Good value for money in Manhattan. Noise from the city that never sleeps outside the window but you cannot expect anything better for this money and location. Will be recommending.

the staff were very friendly and patient.

• 6th May 2015
  • Taiwan

Great staff, were helpful and proactive, good location, near to attractions

My stay here was great. I have never actually stayed at a hostel and I was nervous. But the accommodation was great. It was clean it was safe it was excellent. I was traveling by myself so the pub crawls were a great way to meet people. I had wonderful roommates. The bathrooms were clean & WAY nicer than I was expecting. The bed was comfortable and felt clean. It was nice to have a locker in the room to secure my stuff. The only down side was the lack out outlets in the rooms & noise- EARPLUGS!!

• 5th May 2015

I was impressed, the ladies sharing the room were impressed, we wre all talking highly about the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. I had a great stay, I was comfortable and the location couldn't have been better.

• 5th May 2015

The Budget Inn is in a top location - can walk to times square etc and a metro station 5 mins walk. The staff are ridiculously friendly and helpful. I booked for one night then extended another four. The rooms and the indiviudual bathrooms (i.e. aren't cubicle style) were always clean and available!! Wifi worked 100% and they have small touches like apples and free printing. Plenty of places to eat right outside (burlap = yum). The road is noisy but they provide free ear plugs. Highly recommend!

The only thing i dind't like about the hostel was that it doesn't have a common place to be, meet people and be confortable at.

• 4th May 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review. Manhattan is very limited on space and very expensive. We maximize our lobby for Karaoke and Pizza parties, comedy night, movie night, game night as well as offer walking tours and pub crawls to allow guests an opportunity to meet fellow travelers and space to just chill after a hustling and busy day in the city. We hope you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

Everytime we went to the bathroom it was dirty . We expect that the bathrooms should be cleaned more often, because they are shared bathrooms.

• 4th May 2015
  • Austria

Thank you for your review. We have a sign in log on all bathrooms as to when they were last cleaned. The logs are checked daily. We will further look into this as this complaint has never been an issue.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7