New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I will be perfect if it provides breakfast, hahaha. Very nice place but has noisy due to it is near to 34th street.

The hostel was in good condition although the rooms were very cramped, there was no kitchen and the common area was just a couch in the small reception area. Perhaps this is all just a function of being an "Inn" in NY as opposed to an out and out hostel. While the staff weren't unhelpful they certainly didn't come across as friendly. That said, I would probably stay again if I needed somewhere central in NY.

NYC is very tight, expensive and we just don't have the room for a full kitchen. For that reason most of our rooms have refrigerators, microwaves and sinks. We are sorry you found our staff unfriendly and unhelpful. As we pride ourselves as helpful and friendly, like most reviews you'll read about in other reviews, please email us directly as we want to hear and learn more about your experience so we can continue to improve. Pleas email us: info@newyorkbudgetinn.com

Great staff, clean rooms, would definitely reccomend to friends and family

• 26th Mar 2015

everything perfect - thank you!! it was my 2nd stay @ ny budget inn,and i will definitively come back! free pizza twice a week is awesome and the staff is great! you guys rock!! :)

El único comentario es que tuve que cambiarme de tipo de habitación dos veces porque no había lugar supuestamente (cambiarme a la más cara), y luego me enteré que en realidad había disponibilidad.

Nice hostel. I was in 4 bed female dorm. Clean and each bed had a locker. Outside was noisy, but your in NYC so what do you expect. Hostel give war plugs for free. Free coffee and doughnuts are nice touch but normally gone within 10mins! Location is great. Just a few avenues away from Empire State building, and Macy's. Easy to get everywhere. Lots of food places nearby! Overall a very good hostel and worth the extra few $!

The staff here are terrible. Very rude and cold. Almost like your just a hassle to them. No good bye when leaving or anything. However, good location and good area. 10-15 min walk to Times Square.

Overpriced, no atmosphere and the reception common room is tiny, so are the rooms with no space for bags. My first assigned bed still had things from previous occupant, including shorts inside the sheets! They just remade b the bed with the old sheets instead. I complained and was told it's clean. On closer inspection later I find crumbs in bed, so they said they will change the sheets. An hour later still no clean sheets, so complain again and manager finally apologized and gave me new bed.

Thank you for your review. Due to the inconvenience off another guest utilizing your bed we were able to complimentary upgrade you from our 4 Bed Dorm Room to our most expensive, Double Room Ensuite. Our housekeeping staff make all beds daily and we allocate each bed to each guests based on the bed number, we apologize for our guest confusion and the delay in rectifying the situation as you had checked in at 1:30 am. We hope your remaining stay was enjoyable.

Completely loved this hostel. Highly recommended.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

Great. But tiny common area for a hostel. Can't be helped. Excellent value and location.

Excellent location and very clean. The rooms were a bit small but that was to be expected given the price. If you're on a budget then I would highly recommend this place

• 19th Mar 2015

Good location and comfortable hostel.

• 17th Mar 2015

The WiFi would not work from time to time, but the rest was perfect.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review. Each floor has it's own routers to ensure fast connection. When logging on, please be sure you use the connection designated to that floor.

What I liked about his hostel were the nice bathrooms and the key-card-system. The WiFi worked quite well in our room. What I didn't like was the insane temperature in the room: We had a heating pipe (without any insulation!) running through our room which made it incredibly hot. The only way to lower the temperature was to put the AC to maximum power which was extremely loud. So either way we were hindered to sleep well. I therefore can NOT recommend booking this hostel in winter or spring!

• 16th Mar 2015

Thank you for your review. We wish you would have informed us of the temperature issue you were experiencing. We have our maintenance staff available 24/7 to take care of any and all issue that may occur.

I stayed 5 nights, in March this year and I really enjoyed my stay: yes, there were construction works right beneath my window which was quite annoying at times but with the free earplugs it was absolutely fine. Maybe the heating system could be improved, sometimes it was rather cold, than it got quite hot again - but it didn't really matter that much: because of the clean rooms and restrooms, nice staff and a great location I would definitely stay at the NY budget Inn again. :-)

• 15th Mar 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff! Very nice stay!

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Norway

they charged me a lot !!! it is not the money when i booked it in the HostelWorld. They charged me extra money! And there are different tax in the bill. I dont know why! I live somewhere else. But i didn't been charged for some different tax, like state tax and city tax !! And, I put my suitcase there before I check-in. They also charged me 5 dollars!!!!! WHY?? I just arrive early! oh...no.

Thank you for your review. As we had tried to explain to you and showed you on the invoice you presented from WRI, Taxes are NOT INCLUDED. We offered you $1 to go to any store and find a $1 item to purchase that when you left the store was going to cost you more the. The $1 you walked in with. New York City and State Taxes are 14.75% + $3.50 Bed Tax. I'm so sorry we were unable to explain it to you in a better way you would understand it.

Perfect. There are many restrooms and staff is very polite.

You have to pay to leave your baggage

Thank you for your review. We offer the option and convenience of luggage storage for guests who have checked out and want to utilize their remaining hours till their flight or for guests who are continuing on to other cities that do not want to drag their luggage around with them for a fee of $5. We hope you had an enjoyable stay with us!

Best hostel in NYC! Close to subway station and within walking distance of many touristy areas. Rooms were a bit hot though. Each bunk should have its own electrical outlet too, because if you're on the top bed you're unable to keep your phone/camera with you overnight.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7