New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great ! Keep it up guys.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Turkey

I was pleasantly surprised with the hostel. It was much better than I was expecting, specially regarding cleanliness and security. People were nice, from staff to guests. I had an emergency and had to go to New York on a short notice, and only available rooms were mixed 4 people dorms. I had no problems whatsoever. Also, bathroom facilities were very clean at all times and there was always at least one free whenever I needed to use it. I'll be back.

• 30th Jul 2015

Great place, perfect for New York.

• 29th Jul 2015

This hostel is great value for money and in a good location. Rooms are small (typical for NYC) but comfortable and facilities are clean. The only complaint I would have is that luggage storage is charged at $5 per bag which I feel is excessive. I have never been charged anything for this anywhere I have stayed before so it was a surprise and while I realise that space is limited I think that the hostel should find an alternative way to manage this rather than overcharging guests.

There was no real atmosphere or place to socialise at the hostel. Breakfasts at other hostels were a lot better. We had a particularly negative experience as my friend and I came home at night to find a girl sleeping in her bed. The girl had gone to the wrong room. Apparently her key hadn't worked (as it wasn't her room) but an employee just let her in anyway without checking the booking. My friend had to sleep in this girl's mixed dorm bed, and the staff did not give a proper apology.

Thank you so much for your review. We will be contacting you shortly via email. We really appreciated your friend not wanting to wake up the guest and offering to sleep in her bed. Please note that we do not offer breakfast. We do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee, hot chocolate, donuts and apples. As space is limited in Manhattan, we do maximize our lobby area.

I had a great stay here, the location is great being only a short walk away from the Empire State Building and Times Square. The reception staff were always very happy to help and assist you with any questions you may have. The beds were made everyday with clean linen and you could collect a clean towel everyday as well. I would defiantly come back again to stay here.

Not a place to socialize, but perfect location and cleanliness

• 18th Jul 2015

Great Location with secure lockers, all the bathrooms are private single use. The staff this year were not as friendly as last year. One disadvantage is there is no lift. Not fun as I had a heavy suitcase and was on the 5th floor. Overall great value and location

Thank you for your review. We were so glad to have you stay with us again! I'm sorry you felt that staff weren't as fun as last year, but we are always available to assist guests with their luggage.

I was very impressed with the Inn, it was very clean, great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Everything here was fantastic would gladly stay again.

• 16th Jul 2015

The location doesn't get any better, the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is no breakfast included but there is free coffee and donuts in the morning.

"Hostel"? In name only! This is a daily room service, fresh towels on request, full private shower-toilet-sink rooms (just down the hall!) ... which are cleaned several times a day, helpful staff, Dunkin' Donuts coffee and donuts breakfast daily, in walking distance to everything but still in a safe/comfortable neighborhood .... HOTEL. I have stayed in many hostels world wide and even more hotels - I am not easily impressed. I was very impressed.

• 15th Jul 2015

I liked the place, it was very conveniently located. I liked the front desk staff also. They were very helpful when I called to ask for directions. But all of this went in to become a bad memory. I forgot my jeans in the room a day later when I realized that I am missing my jean which was the only one that I had brought for the trip, I called to ask for it and they said they couldnt find anything there. It is so sad that my good stay turned into a bad feeling.

• 15th Jul 2015

Thank you for your review. We have a dedicated lost and found area, unfortunately housekeeping did not find your jeans. Perhaps, as you were in a shared room, it may have gotten into some else's bag. If anyone returns them, we will be sure to inform you.

The only thing I would like to see improved is the bathroom curtain (I had an ensuite in a mixed dorm) - the curtain did not pull all the way across and there was a distinct danger of flashing the street when showering!

• 14th Jul 2015

I don't understand why this hostel has high rate. Most staffs are nice but Kayla is rude. I am not sure her exact name. I just heard her name. I believe Kayla she should not work there. There is not enough the common room.

Thank you for your review. We were informed of the way you were treated by her. Swift action was taken by Mangment and she is no longer employed here. As space is limited in New York City, we do maximize the space that we do have.

Special thanks to Lorena!

The hostel was great in a perfect location, just down the street from empire state building and time square and you get your own fridge and microwave.

The Budget Inn bathrooms were kept very clean at all times. However I think our room had bugs as we were itching and kept waking up with bites on our legs. The fleece blankets need to be washed between guests. The location is great just make sure to take some free earplugs from reception. Also note there is no common room or kitchen available.

Thank you for your review. Upon notifying our front desk we immediately had the pest company come the same day. We fumigated the room despite not finding anything in your room. Out pest contract is for once a week Maintnance.

This is probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Would definitely stay there if I ever return to New York

This is a great hostel. These people are really switched on in running a business. Super clean hostel with great facilities in a good location. I've stayed at over a hundred hostels and this is one of the best. Highly reccommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7