New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Overall, it worked out fine for me to stay there. I'd do it again. the staff was friendly and linens seemed clean. My room smelled terribly of dirty feet. There were four people in the room, so I don't know if the room smelled like that or if one of the guests had super smelly shoes or feet. In any case - I'll be back next month and plan to stay there again

• 18th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Please note that we vacuum all of our rooms daily and shampoo our carpets twice a week. We are aware that many guests travel for an extended amount of time and perhaps may have an odor due to either from dirty laundry, shoes or hygiene. We look forward to having you stay with us next month.

Staff was slow at responding to questions asked and did usually not focus at one person at a time. There are many fees for leaving your bags here, 5$ for each bag, which I mean is quite a lot. To compensate for a small common area, the staff could have made a list of all places that were interesting to go to and possible discounts to Get for each of These so that they wouldn't necessarily have to repeat this several times. Plus if they had wouls have had some of the outings themselves.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Thank you for your review. We will bring this issue up immediately with our front desk as there is always room to improve. As space is limited in Manhattan, we offer guests the convenient option of luggage storage for a fee of $5, if we did not charge, we would have no space to accommodate all guests. Please note that as you enter, a guest has a variety of activities and discounts guests can take with them located on the wall of our downstairs lobby.

It was horrible hot in the rooms due to the weather, maybe they could do more to prevent that. There were no plugs on the room, only in the restroom. It's too bad when you have to go somewhere just to charge your camera or cell, you want to spend that time with exploring the city. I know it's New York and it was probably on of the cheapest offers, but 70 Bucks per night was a lot of money for me. Staff was really good, polite and helpful.

• 15th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review. Yes, it was very hot in NY this week, however each room has an AC unit and ceiling fan. Each room has a minimum of 2 outlets however in your room, our standard 4 bed dorm Ensuite has 3 separate outlets and one in the bathroom. We are pleased you had enjoyed our staff as we enjoyed having you!

the beds are like that you are sleeping on a cloud i wish i can live at the hostel is a very excellent place in manhattan

• 14th Jul 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. Everything was good about it. I could fault nothing. The staff were lovely and very helpful. It is a great place to stay when you don't want to break the bank. Would definitely stay here again.

• 12th Jul 2014

Great location and very friendly and helpful staff. Nice touches like soap, shampoo, slippers, coffee and donuts. Small common area, so difficult to meet others but you are in NYC after all so many things to keep you occupied - was perfect for a good nights sleep!

Awesome hostel right in Manhattan! The staff was super friendly and helpful...however the atmosphere wasn't really a "hostel" atmosphere - separate rooms, very small common area, etc. It was very clean but the bathrooms were a little danky (my roomie's shower was ridiculously hot and wouldn't get any colder). However I'd definitely recommend this place if you're looking to stay near the lower east side near the Empire State Building - there's a close subway station (the 6) a few blocks away.

Great hostel, pretty close to metro line

I would recommend this hostel to my friends and will definitely go again next time I visit New York.

• 10th Jul 2014

Room with 4 bunk beds too small, would better suit a double bed. Lockers just big enough for a backpack.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review. We will review your suggestion with upper management, however Manhattan in general is tight on space. The lockers are intended to be able to safeguard your items.

No kitchen for the guests. Only microwave but it is a personal one in the room. With also a personal fridge it is enough even if it is not easy to prepare food in very small bedroom. Main problem is noise because of traffic in the street but staff is exceptional (kind, always available to help) and there are lots of people to clean so it is very very clean. Situation is central (it explains noise). The consequence is that all restaurants,bars and supermarkets are just close to the hostel.

Great place. Great fun meeting nice people from around the world in a friendly environment. Only negative: upgrade internet to faster speed. Way too slow!

• 9th Jul 2014

Perfect location, Breakfast of champions, Donuts and coffee. Clean with friendly staff. Need a bigger common room tho

No free buggage storage like another hotel! I have to pay $5 for check in and $5 for check out!

Thank you for your review. Baggage storage is an option for guests to maximize their remaining time in NYC. As space is limited in Manhattan, we just do not have the space to accommodate all guests luggage and therefor we find ourselves needing to charge a fee in order to accommodate those guests who are willing to pay a $5.00 fee.

Amazing hostel, with amazing staff, in an amazing city. 'Mac and O'.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

It's a great and tidy place. Although it was very hot at the time in NY, the rooms were cool because of the efficient air-con. Bathrooms are tidy and overall it was a great experience. The only drawback I'd point is the lack of common space for socializing. The area by the reception is rather small.

New York Budget Inn is a perfect place for people who want a nice basic place to stay for a cheap price. Is has everything you need. The staff is nice and there is even free coffee and donuts in the morning. Our room was very small, but the hostel is clean and the location is great. Within 10 minutes you are in front of the empire state building!

• 7th Jul 2014

Great location, plenty of restaurants, stores and bars just outside the place. I would live in the neighborhood if I moved to NYC. But there are some drawbacks. No elevator means you have to lug yor luggage up the narrow stairs. I stayed in a dorm. The bunk beds are quite awful in there. There is no big room or lounge area where you can gather and meet fellow travelers; so there was no sense of "community" that you get at other hostels. There are too many signs telling you that you about fines

As we do not have elevator, our staff are available 24/7 to assist guests with their luggage. as we have just received your review we ran to your bed and noticed that your bed was a bit loose and had it tightened. As space is limited here in NYC for a large common space, we do maximize the facility we have. Additionally, we have activities daily for guest to have the opportunity to meet fellow travelers. The only fines posted IS NO SMOKING IN THE ROOM. Its Standard

If you're looking for a low cost place to come back to after a long day that's clean, feels safe, close to food, and staffed by some of the friendliest hostel personnel, this is the place to hit up. It's within walking distance of Penn Station and Grand Central, super close to the typical touring areas for Manhattan, and not far from the subway. The bathrooms and rooms were kept well, very clean and comfortable. Highly recommended!

This place was amazing to stay at! The location was perfect (away from the tourist trap) has a really nice shisha lounge next door called Bablyon and bars across the street which are also value for money. Absolutely loved the staff who were so friendly and helpful. They have free wifi and computers to use and allow you to print things at a cheap cost. The hostel was very secure as I as alone. Would definitely give this 5 stars and will be going back here rather than the hotel I stayed in!

• 7th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to having you back!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7