New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Best hostel I've been to, great staff with a 24hour reception, perfect location in the city and clean facilities. Wifi is free but cab be a bit slow. However, rooms facing the streets are noisy,making the earplugs offered to you at the reception very necessary. The checkout time was. a bit early though. Thank you for a great stay.

Thank you so much for your review. Our checkout time of 11am is needed to ensure cleanliness and prompt checkin time of 3pm. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next adventure to NYC

All in this hostel is VERY GOOD, except that the building has no elevator and the stairs are very unconfortable, but I can recommend and I can return in another ocascion

The grey walls, though well maintained were dreary. NO HOT WATER in the shower. Room 417 faces 34th street - and for someone not used to street noises was very noisy.

Thank you for your review. We are constantly repainting all common areas and rooms to ensure a fresh look as if its our first day of opening. Please feel free to make a color recommendation as we are always seeking ways to improve. We have double checked our boiler, water tanks and had additional water complaints.

Staff were always super helpful and friendly. Thanks guys!

• 25th Apr 2015

Deceive, fraud

• 25th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Dear guest, Upon checkin you had requested to reduce your stay to 1 night stating your plans had changed. Regretfully, we had informed you of our 48 hour cancelation policy. When you made your reservation oh WRI, the terms of the 48 hours were acknowledged. As you had insisted they were 24 hrs, we then showed you that on HW website, ours and all affiliate sites clearly stating our industry standard 48 hr cancelation We would never deceive our guests as we aim for guests satisfaction.

Loved the staff ! They were always very friendly and tried to help the best they could. Very service minded. Would be nice if there were a bit more "breakfast" because it was gone in 10 min.

Thank you for your review. We do not serve breakfast however we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Hot Chocolate, donuts on a first come basis that usually lasts for about an hour. We did have a large group that stayed with us on the days you had stayed with us.

The Internet was terrible. Claims to have free wifi but it was unusable. The rooms were fine, nothing special. A bit pricey for what you actually get. The bathrooms were also clean and readily available. It was in a good location, about 15minute walk to Times Square.

• 24th Apr 2015

Thank you for your review. We always suggest connecting to the allocated routers and hot spots connected to the floor you are on. As NYC does tend to be more expensive then other cities, we are very competitively priced to properties even outside of the city.

Hello, George unfortunately got the wall side of the bed & rolled into middle. As I suggested to the girl at check out, maybe raise the door side so it's level.He has Parkinson's and was a bit hard on him.The Air freshener was a bit too much for me as I am very sensitive to perfume/scented stuff.So for me the Quality of the actual Atmosphere was horrible to breathe.Not whatsoever your faults.Staff was friendly and helpful.

• 24th Apr 2015

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your suggestion. We will defiantly look for better alternatives.

The staff friendly & helpful. Location near to subway. Overall is good.

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

it's my second time in this hostel and i'm very happy to sleep there any time i go to nyc, but i think it's really not right to pay 5 usd to leave after check out the baggage! ( 5 usd per item!!!) i never had this surprise nowhere in the world! Anyway i suggest to go there!

Thank you for your review and we are thrilled to have had you stay again with us.. As space is limited in NYC, We offer the option of luggage storage for guests who check out and want to maximize on their remaining time in the city. We hope your experience had exceeded that of your first visit. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Very noisy room. We stayed for 5 nights and it would have been nice to be allocated a quieter room. I did not get one decent night's sleep. No elevator and carrying bags up and down stairs is not fun. Staff is fantastic.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Fun environment, and they really try hard to make things comfortable for every guest. Nice amenities for such a low cost place. Free morning coffee, printing, etc. Friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. My 2 person private room had a microwave and fridge.

Amazing value, great and friendly staff! Clean and well maintained.

It's certainly not the Four Seasons, but it's great for anyone who isn't planning on spending most of their day in the hotel. Rooms are very small but very well maintained and clean, definitely good enough to spend the nights. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

Great location. Surprisingly spacious and comfortable. HUGE private room for NYC!

• 18th Apr 2015

Awesome location, very good security, very clean, definitely to recommend!

Great location, very rude and unhelpful staff on reception. Usually three of them there and would finish their convo before helping you or ignore you. Good hostel, terrible staff

The internet wasn't good

• 17th Apr 2015

Thank you for your review. We checked all routers and hotspots on all floors. When connecting to the wifi, please be sure to connect to the wifi on the designated floor.

The hostel was really clean and they let us check in early, which was great, and the staff are really friendly! The only thing is that there is only a small reception area you can sit in thats not your room, and no kitchen or laundry facilities, but I think this is the norm in New York! There are loads of extra things they do to make you feel welcome, like free sweets!

I found the place really comfortable and my room was more than OK. Compliments for keeping the bathrooms clean ALL THE TIME, that was such a great thing to remark. The card system makes it a safe place to stay. Only suggestion: would provide a healthy option for breakfast. I didn't mind having breeakfast elsewhere, but it would be nice to have fruit, yoghurt and milk besides from the DD things.I enjoyed a lot my time in the city, and it was partly because I was staying in a nice place, at ease.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7