New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

If you want to experience Manhattan and not blow all your money on the hotel.....this is the place. The owner worked the desk ever day I was there. He really wants to make your experience a great one and it shows. Highly recommended!

• 26th Aug 2014

Staff was very friendly and made me feel welcome.

• 26th Aug 2014

Best value in Manhattan—lots of quick wifi, cheap food nearby, three blocks from a the subway (less than a five minute walk), good lockers, and great freebies! Huge value, and I've never been disappointed here. It's the only place I'll stay in NYC.

A good place to stay in New York. The location is excellent as it is central to everything. The showers temperature is inconsistent though as it is either too hot or too cold and it is quite tricky to find the right temperature.

This was a great hostel!

I think that the hostil should have a more complete breakfest.. All of others issue are very good.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Thank you for your review . As we do not offer breakfast, we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Hot chocolate, Tea and donuts. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay with!!

The staff is by far the best part of this Hostal. They are very nice and fun, by that reason alone I recommend this place. The location is also extremely good. The rooms have a prison-like feeling, they are very simple but functional. I stayed in a private 2 person room and was OK, it was clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were very clean and the shower worked fine. I definitively recommend this place (if you don't mind sleeping in a tiny but comfortable room).

• Mexico

Great location, very clean and good value for money. But noise from outside at night is very loud.

• Scotland

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We apologize about the noise outside, some things we can't control,but please note that we do offer complimentary ear plugs for guests who might be light sleepers.

Every tahona was just perfect!!! Absolutamente todo perfecto, el staff fue increíble !! Saludos a Christopher !!

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Everyday when we came back into the hostel the rooms where clean and tidy. Even though the bathrooms were shared, they were always well maintained. the atmosphere in reception was great when we had free pizza and karioke. We would definitely reccomend staying at budget inn if you are travelling to new york. Great experience and very friendly.

• 18th Aug 2014

Brilliant place just along from the empire state building, i would deffinately stay here again!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

it's wonderful to get a place near 33th street and 5th avenue. nice place to stay, clean and convenient.

A nice addition would be reading lights for each bunk.

Personnell is not very friendly nor willing to make an effort to help

• 14th Aug 2014

Upon review of your reservation , we have 10 different notes on your account. As you didn't show up the first night of your reservation , you had argued for over an hour that our 48 cancelation policy was wrong and we had unfairly billed you . Another complaint you had made teas that you had made a mistake when booking thinking there was a bathroom in your private room and demanded a 50% reduction on your stay We work hard for our guests and our reputation, but this review is truly unfair!!

The rooms were very small and basic, but I guess that's New York. The location was excellent, centrally located and in a safe area, and the staff was friendly.

The room, bed linen, and facilities were clean and nice. They could use less chemicals when cleaning or choose more environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals (a lot of people have chemical sensitivities now)

• 13th Aug 2014

Thank you for your review! We will definitely look into this. Thank you

A really nice hostel, excellent location and great staff! I found our room spacious, really good to have a fridge in the room!

An excellent value hostel with great ammenities in a good location. Wifi was accessible in the room and the individual shower rooms were a breath of fresh air. The staff were poite and the facillities were cleaned regularly.

• 10th Aug 2014

I stayed in the Budget Inn hostel with my girlfriend for one night and we were extremely satisfied with our stay. The four bed mixed dorm was spacious. There were lockers (although for additional fee), sink with mirror, table and a couple of chairs in the room, as well as plenty of power sockets and an air conditioner which served its duties well. Room and bathrooms were all clean and neat. We got towels, pack of shampoo, conditioner, soap and a pair of slippers each upon arrival.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure having you as a guest. We would like to correct one thing you noted. There are lockers in every room and there is NO charge. You must however provide your own lock. As a courtesy to our guests we do sell locks if they need them.

Excellent location. We stayed in another hostel uptown and this one felt much closer to all the classic NYC icons bar Central Park. Very close to the subway and basically everything you can think of. The Pizza across the road is absolutely wicked value-for-money and there are a number of decent eateries in walking distance. Corridors are a little cramped but that's my only "bad" thing. Special thanks to staff who got my wallet and returned it after silly me left it downstairs one night :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7