New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I had a great stay here, the location is great being only a short walk away from the Empire State Building and Times Square. The reception staff were always very happy to help and assist you with any questions you may have. The beds were made everyday with clean linen and you could collect a clean towel everyday as well. I would defiantly come back again to stay here.

Great Location with secure lockers, all the bathrooms are private single use. The staff this year were not as friendly as last year. One disadvantage is there is no lift. Not fun as I had a heavy suitcase and was on the 5th floor. Overall great value and location

Thank you for your review. We were so glad to have you stay with us again! I'm sorry you felt that staff weren't as fun as last year, but we are always available to assist guests with their luggage.

I was very impressed with the Inn, it was very clean, great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

"Hostel"? In name only! This is a daily room service, fresh towels on request, full private shower-toilet-sink rooms (just down the hall!) ... which are cleaned several times a day, helpful staff, Dunkin' Donuts coffee and donuts breakfast daily, in walking distance to everything but still in a safe/comfortable neighborhood .... HOTEL. I have stayed in many hostels world wide and even more hotels - I am not easily impressed. I was very impressed.

• 15th Jul 2015

I liked the place, it was very conveniently located. I liked the front desk staff also. They were very helpful when I called to ask for directions. But all of this went in to become a bad memory. I forgot my jeans in the room a day later when I realized that I am missing my jean which was the only one that I had brought for the trip, I called to ask for it and they said they couldnt find anything there. It is so sad that my good stay turned into a bad feeling.

• 15th Jul 2015

Thank you for your review. We have a dedicated lost and found area, unfortunately housekeeping did not find your jeans. Perhaps, as you were in a shared room, it may have gotten into some else's bag. If anyone returns them, we will be sure to inform you.

I don't understand why this hostel has high rate. Most staffs are nice but Kayla is rude. I am not sure her exact name. I just heard her name. I believe Kayla she should not work there. There is not enough the common room.

Thank you for your review. We were informed of the way you were treated by her. Swift action was taken by Mangment and she is no longer employed here. As space is limited in New York City, we do maximize the space that we do have.

Special thanks to Lorena!

The hostel was great in a perfect location, just down the street from empire state building and time square and you get your own fridge and microwave.

The Budget Inn bathrooms were kept very clean at all times. However I think our room had bugs as we were itching and kept waking up with bites on our legs. The fleece blankets need to be washed between guests. The location is great just make sure to take some free earplugs from reception. Also note there is no common room or kitchen available.

Thank you for your review. Upon notifying our front desk we immediately had the pest company come the same day. We fumigated the room despite not finding anything in your room. Out pest contract is for once a week Maintnance.

This is a great hostel. These people are really switched on in running a business. Super clean hostel with great facilities in a good location. I've stayed at over a hundred hostels and this is one of the best. Highly reccommended.

I liked my stay at Budget inn, even though just for one night and half od a day. The staff was very friendly. As soon as I arrived Manuel, which is the "do it all" from the place, helped with my luggage and with watever I needed to find my room, same when I left, since there are many floors at the place but no elevators. The people from the front desk are helpful and friendly also, they helped me a lot giving me instruction of how to get to the JFK airport by train. The room was smaller than I t

• 12th Jul 2015

Consider adding something to the showers to stop the water spilling all over the floor. Aside from that, excellent hostel.

• 11th Jul 2015

Thank you for your review. The shower curtains are suppose to stop the water. We always welcome suggestions.

Great location and the staff is always friendly and helpful!

Not content at all with the WiFi signal. Overall high cleanliness and good facilities. Location could be a bit better to get to, alternatively have better infos for busses or the like

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Austria

The hostel is great, very clean and quiet. Staff was available for requests and the location was conveniently close to subway stations, a parking lot, and a couple bus stops. It is definitely a good value for the price paid; I would go back without hesitating.

• 10th Jul 2015

I felt at home!

Love the Budget Inn. It allows us to go into NYC and STAY in NYC for a night (or two or three) instead of driving back home to NJ...

Great and save hostel with spotless clean restrooms and nice/helpful staff.

• 9th Jul 2015

I booked a hotel as opposed to a hostel for one night purely so I could make up for all the lost slepp accumulated from staying in hostels - lesson learned was that I should have paid a bit more and gotten a good nights sleep. Itay have also just been luck of the draw. Whatever the case - my room was directly opposite the shared restroom, I hear people going in and out all night, both male and females throwing up and then I heard the staff next to my room wall talking to each other No sleep ;'(

Thank you for your review. We apologize you did not receive the rest you were seeking.

Great location, clean and comfortable beds. It doesn't have a common area but it seems to be full of genuine backpackers quite open to socialise, so it is easy to meet pleople anyway. I will definitely stay there again if I am ever back in NY.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7