New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Very clean, friendly staff, good location, free DD coffee in the morning (if you get upeearly enough even donuts), comfi beds, warm rooms, lockers, ... Liked my stay here, can recommend and would always come back.

Great value, comfortable bed, clean room, great location. Some employees were very friendly and efficient (the gentleman who checked us in), while one or two were sullen and slow. The reception area was noisy, and there was construction noise from the street, but the hostel offers complimentary earplugs :) All in all, it was a great experience, and we'll definitely go back. One creepy thing, though: the locks on the bathroom doors are the kind that can be opened w/a credit card. Yikes!

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay! Unfortunately the bathroom locks must comply with fire code and we have never had a situation of security or harm due to the locks.

NYBI can be best described in one word. Awesome!

Great location in Manhattan and is easy to walk to all the main attractions and there's a bus stop right outside if you'd prefer. Beds are made each day, not many hostels do that. The staff where friendly and helpful.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Wales

The rooms were nice. Well-equipped and very comfortable beds! However, please note that this hostel has a fair amount of stairs. The location gives you a lot of flexibility and is fairly close to Port authority and Penn Station.

Thank you for your review. As we do have a fair amount of stairs, all of our staff are available 24/7 to assist all guests with any and all needs.

The New York Budget Inn proved a perfect place to stay for my recent holiday in New York. Its location is great, just 10-15 minute walk from Times Square, the Empire State Building, Broadway and other Midtown attractions. The room itself, while small, was clean, modern and the beds were so comfortable! Having a sink and fridge in the room was also quite convenient. The staff were really, really friendly and helped with directions, booking the airport shuttle etc. Highly recommended!

Private room was miserable. It was 40 degrees Fahrenheit outside, but the private room was about 85 all night. There was an AC unit there, but it did not work adequately. There is also no ventilation in there so it is pretty funky smelling.

• 14th Dec 2014

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to have learned about your uncomfortable temperature in your room. We had reviewed your reservation and noticed that there were no notes on your account. If we would have known, we would have gladly sent a Maintnance personal to adjust your temperature setting. Additionally, all of our rooms include an AC unit and a ceiling fan. All of our rooms are vacuumed and deodorized twice a week as we have many guests that travel for long periods of time.

The staff was friendly and professional. The rooms and restrooms were impeccably clean. The location was central to just about everything. Outside, the street was really busy and noisy. In the room, honking horns, late night partiers, and trash trucks coud be heard until about 2:30 when everything seemed to quiet down. This was no fault of the NYBI. I'll definitely stay here again.

• 13th Dec 2014

For the price there is not really anything to moan about. Especially the location is awesome! Just the right place to stay for peps with small wallets and a big interest in other cultures and who just look for a warm and dry place to stay the night. Coffee is free in the morning :)

• 11th Dec 2014

The only problem is that the room is a little bit noisy.

Would recommend this hostel to all - the staff really make it! They're so friendly and helpful. It's also a great location and the rooms and bathrooms were always very clean. Only thing i would say is the room was a little chilly.

• 7th Dec 2014

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Everything was very clean. I was surprised the bathroom was private and clean. Only thing was a lot of stairs, and it was too hot. One night I had to turn on the AIR CONDITIONING in DECEMBER when it was 20 degrees outside to keep the room from being 80 degrees of hot!! I'd stay there again for sure.

• 6th Dec 2014

Beds are really old and not confortable at all. But, given the price, the locaton is excellent !

Thank you for your review. The bunk bed frames are 2 years old and the mattress is less then 6 months old. Nevertheless thank you for informing us as we have changed the mattress with a new 1. We wish you had informed is earlier as we would have gladly changed it for you while you were still with us.

Had an awesome time at New York budget inn! I have never stayed at a hostel before this one and I can honestly say that I was extremely impressed! The room and facilities were very clean. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I will probably stay at New York budget inn everytime I come to NYC from now on. The price was excellent and it is located fairly close to everything tourist related!

• 5th Dec 2014

No common room area apart from the reception but otherwise it was a really great place. The complimentary ear plugs were also a huge benefit, I wouldn't have been able to sleep without them because of the road noise in some of the rooms!

• 5th Dec 2014

Staff were so helpful- i had an incident with a loss credit card and trying to get to the ariport to catch an flight and they went out of their way to call and help me resolve the issue. Also i was there on a work trip so i had a horrifically big suitcase that had to be dragged up adn down the stairs. they were so helpful. clean facilities and secure. Would recommend

Everything was good, but one bad thing was the heating in our room. We couldn´t take it off, opening a window didn´t make it better. we asked the Staff, but they only said, we should take on the aircondition. Shall we get ill or what? We couldn´t sleep, it was too hot. A new York trip with less of sleep, because of an heating, thats really bad!...

• 4th Dec 2014

Clean and safe hostel which felt more like a hotel. Enough private bathrooms and good beds. Noise from the street is ok for Manhattan. Our room was a little bit chilly at night due to too much space around the AC in the window. Helpful staff, no elevator, free WiFi. Perfect location! Would recommend!

I enjoyed my stay with you. Omar was very kind to help me with my luggage when I was leaving. The only downside was the noise from the street, but I guess that is the price you got to pay staying right in Manhattan.

Loved my 5 night stay there. I felt totally safe and secure as a solo, female traveller. The facilities were very clean and the price was right ! Location is terrific, walking distance to many major attractions. Best of all were the fabulous staff who were so patient and helpful, courteous at all times. What ever they are being paid I am sure it is not enough for all that they do. Special thanks to Ronnie, Shaun, Q., Chris and Rodney. You guys ROCK.......if only I were younger......

• 4th Dec 2014