New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

We were so pleased with the location, only one block from the subway. The area was very vibrant, lots of shops and restaurants. The hostel was very modern and clean, the staff was very friendly and super helpful. They answered all of our questions and made our trip so much easier. The rooms were clean and nice, the beds and blankets were clean and comfortable as well. The bathrooms were warm and clean and the showers had hot water and great water pressure. Will stay there again!!!

• 19th Sep 2014

Good, plain, and simple accommodations for a visit to NYC. Not too far from Penn Station, and it's easy to access most of the major subway lines.

• 19th Sep 2014

We stayed in a mixed share room with 2 guys ( we are 2 females). The room was very small and cramped. There was no space to put bags. Two in the room would have been plenty. Quite expensive for the size. Linen good. Bathrooms good.

• 17th Sep 2014

It was my first time in NYC and the first time that I stay in a hostal. New York Budget Inn has everything you need. Confortable beds, internet, clean bathrooms. The staff helps you with everything you need. It was an amazing experience!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Venezuela

It's a great hostel with lovely staff. Everything was nice and clean. The only thing its that the rooms are quite small for the price.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

The hostel was nice, and clean. It was nice to have free pizza and karaoke night but would have been nicer if they had a proper communal area to do it in, having it in the reception is not ideal. Also, I think $5 for each bag they store for you is quite expensive. I think in the future I would use a HI hostel as they have all facilities for free. Most people staying in hostels are on a bit of a budget.

• 13th Sep 2014

Thank you for your review. As HI accommodates 10-12 people in a room, we have no more then 4. For that reason they accommodate 667 as we prefer a more intimate setting and located on 34th St. Luggage storage is an option we offer our guests to maximize their remaining time in the city. Most properties do charge as space is limited here in NY Additionally, HI does not allow guests to accept packages and shipments and hold them until guests arrive...we do!!

Hope to see you again guys! Greetings to Christopher, the other good looking guy on the night shift that I don't remember his name (sorry) and Rodney :) thanks for all your help

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Location was good. but outside was too noisy. so I couldn't sleep all night.

If you take a 3 beds bedroom be aware that it's one double bed and one individual and not 3 individuals. Clean Bathrooms. Nice environment in the area.

Thank you for your review. Please visit our website for actual pictures of all room types we offer: www.newyorkbudgetinn.com

i didnt like the beds, too soft. And everything was very small, but well its manhatten.

Thank you for your review. If we would have know your bed was uncomfortable, we would have gladly changed it for you.

Really really good hostel! ALL the staff are brilliant and so so friendly, it made my stay even better. The staff made sure every thing was okay and on my last day I was super stressed because I nearly missed my shuttle But one of the staff members helped me with my bags down even though I was probably being annoying. There is a fair few steps but they do help you with your bags. I didn't ask on my way down because I thought I could manage but They are more than happy to help.

First ever time staying in a hostel n no faults. Great location took me 10mins walk to times square area. I felt very safe in the hostel. It was very clean which i was surprised having heard stories of hostels etc. Bed was comfy staff were friendly. Perfect for my trip away to nyc defo recommend to anyone. Thanks

Thank you for your feedback! It feels great to set the standards high!!

Very friendly staff. Very organized - I was impressed that they were very clear about bunk assignments and made for a more reliable situation with sharing a room and lockers. I also appreciated the water bottle refill station. I hadn't stayed in a hostel since I was twenty-one, now that I am turning thirty-five I was a little apprehensive. This experience has made me realize that I'm never too old for the benefits of hosteling vs. hoteling. A communal kitchen was the only thing missing.

• 7th Sep 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you had an enjoyable stay. As space is limited in the city, most of our rooms have a refrigerator and microwave.

They took 5$ for each luggage to keep them. I had 2 luggages and i paid 20$ extra . I stayed just one night and i do not think i gonna stay again there.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Thank you for your review. We offer our guests the option of luggage storage as a convenient option to store their luggage and maximize on their remaining time in the city. This service is an option. We have reviewed your invoice and have confirmed the cost paid for your 2 bags was $10 (not $20).

Really nice hostel, super clean, the location is perfect. A bit noisy though due to busy streets, but that's expected everywhere in NYC. Also would have liked if hostel organised more activities, this would've helped to meet new people.

This hostel is the four seasons of hostels,it fells more like a hotel than a hostel,it's perfectly situated in manhattan,there are bars and restaurants around the area and hafif was a great receptionist,he went above and beyond to please are stay and I recommend this to any one, I have stayed In other hostels in other big cities and This beats them all,hope you enjoy you're stay as I did

The bunk beds move A LOT whenver you make the tiniest movement so this disturbs other guests. The upper bunks are also hard to climb into. Individual lamps and plug sockets for each bunk would also be appreciated, as most other hostels provide.

• 4th Sep 2014

I wouldn't stay any where else in Manhattan. The proximity to everything in city was great. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. I can't wait to go back

• 4th Sep 2014

Only downside is getting your bags to the second floor check in. Ie no elevator. Baggage storage at $5 a piece can get expensive. Loved the coffee and donuts in the morning. The guys at the front desk were all very helpful.

• 4th Sep 2014

This hostel located in the middle of NYC! It is more like a hotel than a hostel but still in a hostel concept with bunk bed :) Got a free welcome pack consist of slippers, shampoo, conditioner and soap. Free breakfast included as well, and it's a 'Dunkin Donuts' breakfast! Yummy. But super noisy whahaha because it's in the middle of NYC - so don't complain much, I've expect that ;) Staffs were all friendly and kind especially Lorena & Rodney! Thank you so much! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7