9.0
Superb 5,733 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 5,733 Total Reviews
New York Budget Inn Located at 200 East 34th St., , New York.
USA
New York New York 10016 200 East 34th St.
90% 5733
40.7454850 -73.9780497
    Rooms available

19th Jul 2016
7.7

Close to many places (Empire state, metro station, Penn station, Times Square...), and there is a small pizza place across the street which is cheap (1USD per slice), delicious and open till late night. Rooms are clean, air conditioned! But the hostel is a bit noisy from the street especially in the morning! For me it wasn't a problem. would rate it around 7-8/10.

• USA, Female, 41+
18th Jul 2016
4.3

The staff is very unfriendly They don't use comment sense. Went was in the hostelworld in NYC I find the towels are on the bed. Here you have to get the towel at the desk unfortunately I was in the 4 floor I comeback the next day I went all the way to the 4 floor I don't have towel and the bathroom was unhealthy staff come in to take care that went he finish I ask if they can bring a towel He toll me He cant because should have a deposit for $5.00. I have to go Down get a towel comeback to the

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2016

This hostel was exactly what I needed, nothing more and nothing less. It has a good location, in Murray Hill, ten blocks downtown of Grand Central and just a block away from a 6 train stop. The price was right, the rooms were clean, and we were even given towels and little hotel soaps! The beds were really uncomfortable, but there was aircon, which is more important in my opinion. There was also a water filter, which was nice and convenient to fill up water bottles for the hot New York summer.

• Italy, Female, 18-24
17th Jul 2016

Very friendly staff, clean and spacious room, it's just missing a common area and there's no breakfast, which for the price you pay it should be included...also you have to pay yo leave the baggage after the check out. It's possible to have towels and soap for free, which was nice. And there is a 1$ pizza just in front of the hostel!

Thank you for your comment. Due to lack of space in NYC we cannot offer a larger common area. However for guest interaction we offer free pizza and karaoke weekly. We also work with NYC pub crawls and walking tours. As stated in our website we do not offer breakfast, however as a form of appreciation we provide our guest every morning with complimentary coffee, muchkin doughnuts and hot chocolate and apples.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2016
7.4

Great location, room was tiny, lots of bathrooms that were regularly cleaned and maintained Wifi cut in and out but seemed to improve throughout our stay Would stay here again

• Sweden, Male, 25-30
15th Jul 2016
6.6

Too noisy to sleep well. Clean and nice staff. No proper breakfast included.

15th Jul 2016

This is a great place to stay for the money. I would also like to complement the staff. Jenny was was very understanding when she saw that I had heavy bags and she made sure that I got a 2nd floor room so that I wouldn't have to carry them. She also made reservations for me for the shuttle bus to the airport. Jose was friendly and also helped me by carrying my luggage all the way down to the bus. They both helped me beyond the call of duty with their friendliness and willingness to help.

• USA, Female, 31-40
14th Jul 2016

The hostel was in a great neighborhood and it was incredibly clean! I would definitely stay there again.

Thank you for your comment. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to NYC.

13th Jul 2016

Good staff, good location, and reasonable amount for fee. Would use them again.

Thank you for your comment. We highly appreciate your positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you once more.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
11th Jul 2016

This was a great hostel for an affordable-but-still-in-Manhattan get away (we are students)! We stayed for 4 nights. Was close to the subway line to go up or downtown, staff were helpful in booking us in, storing our bags, helping us print tickets etc. Donuts at breakfast were gone immediately and coffee gone shortly after- bummer. Wifi was awful and very slow mostly which was a drag when trying to look up more details as our days in NYC went by. Rooms and bathrooms were clean which was nice.