New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The room I was staying in was very loud with street traffic just outside. Also the room was at times uncomfortably warm, with no way to turn down the heating. Other hostels I have stayed at have had hairdryers, think the budget Inn should look to provide these. No lift so struggled with getting my heavy case up and down the stairs, had no help from the staff.

• 31st Oct 2015

Thank you for your comments. We are truly sorry your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it could have been. We do have hair dryers All you had to do was ask the front desk. Our staff is always available to help guests bring their luggage up and down from their rooms. We apologize if that did not happen,

Overall, my stay at the hostel was very nice. I enjoyed the fact that the rooms were very clean and the bathroom seemed to have recently been renovated . $100 CAD was a very reasonable price all things considered.

• 31st Oct 2015

Clean facilities; little but sufficient space (we were two males in a two bed private room); easy access but secure; no curfew; good location

I very much enjoyed staying at this hostel! The staff was always ready and willing to help if you needed anything. It really was a great and safe location too. If I'm back in the area, I will definitely stay there!

• 30th Oct 2015

It is hostel but they should hover the rooms.

Excellent hostel, I love the location and cleanliness of the rooms/bathrooms. The unique "issue" is that they need an elevator hehehe... Thanks for the experience ;)

I absolutely loved how if you don't know to bring a lock (which I didn't), you get to KEEP the one you pay extra for! That made me not bitter about it :) Very nice touch.

• 28th Oct 2015

Good location, we had a private double rooms which although a bit on the small size were clean and comfortable and had an ensuite. Was expecting it to be noisy with lots of people coming and going but it really wasn't and good night sleep was had by us all for the 4 nights we were there. My only slight grumble was that the wifi was pretty rubbish and often didn't work at all particular up on the top floors. Would recommend and stay again - good value and good location

• 27th Oct 2015

The hostel is in a great location and is safe and kept nice and clean! The staff were helpful and the wifi is great. Make sure you get up early to get the free doughnuts!

• 26th Oct 2015

Nice effectiv functioning hostel only hampered by its vertical layout - too many stairs for me but I have bad knees other wise brilliant ( a lift would be a boon if there was room to fit one)

• 26th Oct 2015

Good only for short stay. Excellent location!

• Estonia

Excellent in every respect. Was happy to have a room across from the washroom, to facilitate nightly visits, but was awoken early by people using it. Perhaps some sort of gizmo to stop the doors shutting so loudly?

The hostel is in a good location but lacks kitchen facilities, laundry & has a very small lounge at reception. For older travellers the stairs can be tiring every day, especially if your room is located on a higher floor. The rooms are very small & can be stuffy, it was worth spending more to get an ensuite & slightly larger room. Lockers in the rooms are cramped and hanging space is lacking. The laundry opposite has good same day service. The bathrooms & toilets are kept very clean.

• 25th Oct 2015

Staff were friendly, efficient and helpful with check-in, printing, luggage storage and more. The facilities are not the best: the beds have worn mattresses supported by springs so the bed sags in the middle. It looked like they kept the place clean but my room still smelled musty. There is no rack or bar to hang clothing in the rooms, only half-size lockers . Showers were clean, hot and had shampoo and soap available. 34th Street can be quite loud with traffic so use the free ear plugs.

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased you had an enjoyable time with us.

We had a great stay at the New York Budget Inn - we wish we could have stayed longer. The room was clean and the location was so convenient. Everyone at reception was super helpful - especially Jose. We hope to return one day soon!!

• 25th Oct 2015

Tiny but neat. Nice staff. Hope there is laundry room.

• China

The staff was helpful and friendly.We loved the location, which was on the bus line. and many stores etc within walking distance. The rooms and bathrooms were spotless..W enjoyed our stay and will stay again.

New York Budget Inn is a very good place to stay in NY. The people that were working there were very nice and helpful.

• 24th Oct 2015

Room 211 bed really uncomfortable. The floor is not level and the bed leans to one side meaning you are laying on an angle. It is noticeable and does affect the comfort of the bed.

Thank you for your comment. The bed will be fixed immediately. We wish you would have told us sooner and you would have enjoyed your stay even more.

It was not easy to found it, there is not a clear indication to get in.Apart from that is okay, the closest subway is 20 minutes away by walk. Atmosphere and staff are cool. Good WIFI signal. Perfect place to sleep. Ah you have to pay extra cost for keeping your luggages after check-out.