New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Really enjoyed our 7 night stay here in April 2014. The Hostel is very well located within walking distance to everything and also close to grand central for public transport. The hostel is very safe and secure with swipe card access. It is very clean and your room is serviced daily which was a nice touch! We had a private room with shared bathrooms and liked that we had our own sink and fridge in the room.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Our room was really really too small, overheating, no daylight, no possibility to open the window and let in fresh air. The conditioned air was to noisy in that room size to sleep well and we choked during our 3 nights. The higher bed was too low to sit in the lower bed. It was not our first hostel in NY and it was the worst.

• 16th Apr 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to have read about your stay. We have reviewed your reservation and noticed that you had never informed us of your dissatisfaction. Please note that you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room, our most basic and affordable. Please visit our website as we have many different room types to choose from. If we would have been informed of your AC unit, we would have gladly changed it with a new one.

Karaoke singers Caruso and Brit were great, we liked their versions of the songs so much more than the originals! Overall we would highly recommend staying in this hotel as it really felt that they value their customers. Everyone was really helpful no matter what the issue was. It was really clean and tidy all the time.

The staff is very rude... The rooms are good and the loaction is ok. Wi-fi is good, and also the wc. The hostel should have a kitchen. But, is a good choise in Midtown.

No lift....... This should be advised in the write up especially on 5th floor with 2 suitcases. No common room, no kitchen, no coffee/tea facilities, practically no activities unlike other hostels. Would NOT stay here again

Thank you for your review. As our facility does not have an elevator, our staff assists all guests with their luggage. Manhattan is very tight on space, since we do not have a kitchen facility, most of our rooms include a microwave and refrigerator. Upon check in, all guests receive a schedule of our monthly activities. Our daily activities include, Dunkin Donuts & Coffee served at 8am, almost daily walking tours, karaoke and pizza nights, games, pub crawls, movie night...

This hostel was great. The bathrooms were actual bathrooms with their own showers and seemed to be cleaned twice daily. When renting a towel, toiletries were provided along with shower shoes, which was definitely a plus. Only con I can think of is there is no common areas besides the check in lobby which is limited in seating. Obviously not a problem if you are never there, but would be nice to have somewhere to hang out. I would definitely stay again!

• 15th Apr 2014

I LOVED it! The best hostel I stayed so far!!! Friendly staff, new and clean beds, plenty of bathrooms with showers! My room had a shower in the room, but if someone was there, I still had a bunch of those to choose from on the floor! Very very clean place! Free coffee in the morning! Free wi-fi and PCs! A++++

• Russia

Everything was fine except I should have requested a bottom bunk. Top bunk is rough, I would suggest to all hostels to consider if you have older guests giving them bottom bunks. Otherwise, it was fine and the staff was very nice and helpful.

I will never stay anywhere else! The staff are super helpful and friendly! We were actually sad to leave! The thought of sharing a bathroom freaked me out at first, but the bathrooms are totally clean and are private with locks on the doors. There aren't stalls like I thought! I give New York Budget Inn 5 stars!! :)

• 13th Apr 2014

Very good location in mid town manhattan..same street as Empire State Building and Macy's. Close to subways. Staff are pleasant and very helpful. Free coffee from dunkin donuts every morning from 8am. Would recommend to anyone who wants to make the most of being in New York City and just needs a place to sleep and shower! Rooms are clean and have everything you need. Will stay here again!

• 13th Apr 2014

I missed my flight and couldn't make it to the hotel and was not able to get a refund. Someone at the front desk told me it would be possible last minute but it wasn't. Beware of the policy when you book your stay!!

• 13th Apr 2014

Awesome! Next to Empire State Building. Karaoke & free Pizza every friday & sunday, free coffee & donuts every mourning! TV, air condition & microwave in the room - Whereever you gonna find this, midtown Manhattan?

small, but very clean great atmosphere, you get to know a lot of people from all over the world really nice staff!!!

• 10th Apr 2014

I love this place! I was traveling by my self and stayed 5 days at this hostel. The place is clean, nice and have a great location. The staff is more than great. Very sweet and fun people. that differently do everything for you have a great stay. The place you can hang out close to the reception is small, which did that you got to talk to everybody and we just said and hanged out and drink some beers. And I loved the harlem-guy with the coffee and the sweets in the morning..

• Denmark

Great location and very friendly staff. Be aware they do not have an elevator, but the staff did carry my very heavy suitcase all the way up to the 5th floor!!

• 10th Apr 2014

There are so many extra fees. Bring a towel.

• 10th Apr 2014

I think it's a bit ridiculous that you have to pay $5 for baggage storage, but other than that, no complaints. I like that they had a filtered water fountain for refilling my water bottle, and I love the free candy in the lobby. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your review. Please note that luggage storage is an option we offer our guests for a convenience. We offer this option for guests who want to maximize their remaining time in the city after checkout without having the need to drag their luggage with them before their flight back home.

SUPER!!! Room a little too small, but no view or "real Windows" for mine:( Super share bathroom. very Nice staff

• 10th Apr 2014

Thank you for your review. As we have many variety of room types, you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room. Our most basic and economic room in NYC! Please visit our website for actual pictures of all of our room types.

Everything was excellent, the only problem was because the window in our room was not possible to open. Room n. 414.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Excellent location, very clean. The man who checkt us in wasn't very friendly, but the rest of the staff was. The room had a small fridge, a microwave, a small tv, a sink and lockers. The only complaint i would haven is that the room had a bad smell (like feet), and the showers didn't always work well (i guess during peak moments)

• 8th Apr 2014