New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The reception staff were very unprofessional, joking around and not paying much attention. They even asked for my opinion in an argument they were having!! I was shown to my "room". I use the term room loosely as I have seen bigger cupboards. To be honest, I wouldn't have minded the size if the smell wasn't so bad. I could describe it as foistiness, urine and smelly feet. It was awful. I hardly slept because of people shouting and banging doors all night. The bathrooms were also dirty

• 31st Oct 2013

Thank you for your review. As staff in the best hostel in New York, we try our best to engage all of our guests to enhance their stay with us. We deodorize our carpets 4 days a week and vacuum daily. We do this because we try to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and we know that many of our guests travel for weeks on end without having a chance to clean their cloths. Perhaps such is the case with your prior room. We will look into this matter further.

I loved this place. It was like staying with long time friends. I'd come to NY just to visit the guys. They were friendly and respectful. I felt like they were looking out for my best interest. Only suggestion would be to raise the bunk beds so that larger suitcases can easily slide underneath and increase the distance between the top and lower bunk. I'm short and couldn't sit-up without bumping my head. Loved the water bottle fountain.

One of the best hostel i ve ever stayed in!! it s absolutely clean! the stuff was awesome! Always nice and helpful. you ve got everything you need. the neighbourhood is very good.the next subway (green line) is 3 blocks away (5 ins walk). it s true that you can hear the city in your room, but thats NYC and it didnt bother me at all. I ve been a couple of times to NYC, always in different hostel, but this was definitely the best one. For NYC the price is quite ok. i would always stay there again!

more shower's are needed per level. Or even an indication of whether its occupied or not.

We enjoyed our stay very much. Everybody was very friendly and helpful ( especially Nancy at the reception). Thank you for making our holidays a great one. We'll be back next time. Keep up the good vibe!

• 30th Oct 2013

Pros: -Nice location -Good price -Room and Atmosphere were good Cons: -No elevator -Bed uncomfortable -You need to replace the towels yourself in the reception

• Argentina

Prefect location to all the tourist attractions and local subway station. Its very noisy as its on a main road but since its close to everything it didnt really matter. There are a few social nights with pizza and drinks as there is nowhere to prepare your own food. Rooms are made up every day and they supply you with slippers and toiletries.

• 30th Oct 2013

a really good no frills place to stay and a great location.

I am sorry to say it may be the worst hostel I have ever stayed....no more comments...thank you....please forgive me saying the truth...

• 30th Oct 2013

Thank you for your review. As we pride ourselves on continuing to always improve, we utilize these reviews to better ourselves. Please feel free to address any and all issues you may have had. We noticed you stayed in our 4 bed Shared Dorm Ensuite, was there any issues with other guests? Please share?

Bad there wasent a bigger livingroom. So you can get to know other Travelers better.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

This was by far the best Hostel that I ever stayed in USA! Its location was great for a budget Hostel, a 10min walk from Macy's on 6th ave (for reference). The Hostel was very clean, bit noisy from the cars outside, but thats what you get from staying in the city. The shower and toilet facilities were cleaned daily and are very tight. In the morning there were free (Dunkin) donuts and coffee, and on tuesday free pizza and karaoke night! Also the Hostel was equipped with free good wifi!

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Belgium

Good place to stay in NYC! Was pleasantly surprised by this place. More of a hotel than a hostel as it doesn't really have any common areas but had a great stay. And there are plenty of bars around the place if you want to meet people. Clean, friendly, great location, not too noisy (for New York anyway). Would stay here again!

Very nice hostel !

• 28th Oct 2013

Good for the price

• 28th Oct 2013

The price is a little expensive......

• 27th Oct 2013
  • China

Pros I liked the hostel, very nice people works in there, it's on great spot near the subway and lots of pubs around. Cons Too many stairs to climb with luggage and too litlle common area to know people who's staying at the hostel, i only chatted with my roommates. But i definitely reccomend it. See you next time...

My room was far too noisy, noise coming from outside. Lockers were small, and they charge you $5 dolars per package to storage extra luggage. They don`t have elevator so I had to take my 3 packs up to the 4th floor step by step. They charge you 10 dolars to give you a towel and a card to access your room, supposedly reimbursable after returning them. Didn`t like it, I wish I never went there.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review. Manhattan is very busy and and can be a noisy place, even with soundproof windows. We do offer complementary earplugs as well as free lockers. Luggage storage is an option we offer our guests to enjoy and maximize their time in NYC. Our staff is available 24/7 to assist guests with their luggage up and down our steps. We take a $5 deposit for towels that can be exchanged at any time for a clean 1 and a $5 deposit for our key cards, both are refunded upon checkout.

Had an amazing weekend there. The hostel was ok, very clean, well located, friendly staff. But the best part was the nightlife indications and the desire to help from the night staff. Just incredible!

The staff is very friendly and the location is excellent, I found the value a little high, but overall very nice hostel. I really liked the fact that refrigerator in the rooms.

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next » last »