New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

New York Budget Inn is a very good place to stay in NY. The people that were working there were very nice and helpful.

• 24th Oct 2015

Room 211 bed really uncomfortable. The floor is not level and the bed leans to one side meaning you are laying on an angle. It is noticeable and does affect the comfort of the bed.

Thank you for your comment. The bed will be fixed immediately. We wish you would have told us sooner and you would have enjoyed your stay even more.

It was not easy to found it, there is not a clear indication to get in.Apart from that is okay, the closest subway is 20 minutes away by walk. Atmosphere and staff are cool. Good WIFI signal. Perfect place to sleep. Ah you have to pay extra cost for keeping your luggages after check-out.

We only stayed one night so cannot be too elaborate in a review. Nice clean hostel with decent level of security and facilities. Would happily stay again.

The staff at this hostel were lovely! Defiantly the best part. This doesn't really have a hostel vibe, more of a hotel feel. So if you are a solo traveler it's not really the place for you. Except you can't beat the location. I would stay here again if I was ever in New York.

Really wanted to love this place, but my husband and I found we just couldn't get a good night's sleep. The bed was hard as a rock—felt like we were sleeping right on the box spring—and we woke up sore. We also woke up five or six times each night from radiator noise, a loud hissing/gurgling sound that couldn't be remedied. We stayed two of the four nights we originally intended, deciding ultimately to go somewhere else. Staff and location were really great, though. Wish it had worked out.

• 20th Oct 2015

Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry your stay was not as enjoyable as we would have like. It is unfortunate you did not inform our staff of the noise immediately. We have a 24 hour maintenance staff that would have corrected the problem. Our beds and mattresses have all been replaced within the past year.

I wouldn't even call this place a hostel! It was gorgeous! The most friendliest helpful staff, and the location was the best in the city! I couldn't have loved this hotel more, anyone going to New York should stay here I couldn't say more good things about it, I just travelled all around the world and this was one of the greatest places I stayed. Clean, safe and location location location!

The breakfast isn't that good, but as an overall it is a really nice hostel, people is nice.

• 20th Oct 2015
  • Colombia

The New York Budget Inn Hostel was an excellent choice for us. We had a private 2 bed room which came with a refrigerator, microwave, tv and sink. Donuts and coffee were available in the common area in the morning. The room was small but clean. The bathrooms were always clean. The staff were helpful and friendly. I would most definitely stay here again.

• 19th Oct 2015

Nice hostel , great staff. BUT sometimes wfi es sooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwww. Not good for such a great hostel.

A pretty good place to stay in NYC. Staff was nice, room was clean (there was even a mini-fridge and microwave in the room) and the location is excellent for walking as well as being close to public transportation. A tad expensive for those traveling on a budget, but it's NYC so nowhere is truly inexpensive.

We had a nice stay at New York Budget Inn. It's really close to all of the important sights of New York and we could do a lot on feet. The rooms were clean and also toilets and bathrooms were clean. The only problem we had, that the heating pipe ran through our room an we had it still very hot inside.

• 17th Oct 2015

As our room had a window to Third Avenue which was quite noisy, I was not able to get to sleep before 3 am. The window was not sound-proof at all.

• 17th Oct 2015

Traffic outside is really loud so remember your ear plugs

• 17th Oct 2015

Staff were very friendly, great location, very clean, free pizza night. Great value for NYC. I stayed in a private room which was small like everything in nyc but had a fridge and microwave and aircon so I was impressed.

This was my second time at the New York Budget Inn and if I visit New York again, I would definitely make it a thrird visit. The location could not be better for this price. The staff a friendly enough, and incredibly efficient, though the personal touch offered at other hostels I have stayed at does not happen. There is a small communal area which does not lead itself to making social contacts but frankly, this is not neccesary in NYC. Other guests are friendly enough in passing.

I had a wonderful time at the Budget Inn New York. The dorm rooms and bathrooms were simple but clean and got everything you need. I really appreciated the free coffee and donuts in the morning and wifi was available in the common and dorm rooms as well. Some rooms are a little noisy but that's New York. The best about the hostel is probably the location. Ten minutes walking distance to the empire state building and subway station and a nice neighbourhood to walk around even at night.

Everything was awesome, and sooo clean wich is so important! The only con I can think of is the price. I think it's a little over priced for a "YOUTH-HOSTEL" hotel. Lower them a bit please! 😉

• 16th Oct 2015

the hostel is very well located, you can do everything by walking. It's very clean and the staff is very helpful, especially Lorena & Jose, they helped in everything was needed always with a smile. I recommend this hostel and i would come back for sure.

Staff were rude and abrupt. You felt like you were interrupting their personal conversations. The rooms were tiny, similar size to a jail cell. The beds/bunks were uncomfortable and felt unstable. The Internet barely worked and the 2 computers in the foyer were always taken with a queue always to use them. There was no 'quiet policy' at night so you could constantly hear people coming in from nights out or talking/laughing in the halls and foyer and the security door constantly slamming.

Thank you for your review. We take our guest comments very seriously. The staff member that did not provide proper service to you is no longer employed at NYBI. Some of our rooms are smaller but so are our prices. New York is an expensive city and we provide reasonable alternatives to our guests. You opted for our least expensive room. Our beds and mattresses are brand new. We have separate wifi on each of our floors. It sounds like you logged into the wrong floor for wifi.