New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Rooms were very clean with fridge, microwave, fridge, heater and AC. Water fountain was outside. Bathroom as were clean. Service was excellent and all in all such good value for money if you are out exploring all day and want to come back to sleep and wash.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Spent a week here with 2 other friends, great place, staff are great. They try put on some entertainment for their guests. Some of the other guests were boring but can't blame the hostel for that! Ill definitely stay again! 30 minute walk max to time square. The hostel is spotless and safe, bring a pad lock for the locker in your room! Tip: From JFK get sky train to Jamaica station then subway from Jamaica station to penn station! 15 minute walk straight from there!

• 26th Nov 2014

I don't know about condition of other room but my room was good and amenities were good for me but staff were poor

Thank you very much for your review. We did receive your email regarding you arriving to the property at 5pm, however when you arrived at 2pm your room was not ready as check in is anytime after 3pm. We apologize for the inconvenience and perhaps due to a language barrier it was not explained to you in the best way. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you come back when visiting NYC!!

If i could rate this over 100 i would. The new york budget inn made my trip, not only did i feel safe there as a solo young traveller but i had fun with the staff and other guests. I would stay there 100 times over and still be happy. Was truly happy with the experience. Rooms were cleaned every day, heaps of security and friendly people!

• 25th Nov 2014

Nice place. Price seems correct, compared with other options in Manhattan. It's located a couple of blocks from Empire State. Subway is at 4 blocks or so. I stayed at a Single room. It was ok, but REALLY small. There was a single bed, a locker and a chair. I almost didn't have space to put my suitcase in the floor and open it. There is an AC on the room. Bathrooms were pretty clean. There's no elevator.

Definitely the best hotel I've stayed until today. The staff is friendly, the facilities are always clean and smelling fresh. I loved being there and I would recommend staying there to anyone.

1) for Eldery guests, better to consider lodging in first floors since no lift. 2) very much appreciated the concept of Water Bottle Refilling Station.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Morocco

My sister and I stayed for 12 nights, except for the double bunks !!!! aged 67 & 71 (but we coped) we had a great time. The staff couldn't do enough for us, they were so helpful and friendly, the place was so clean, especially the bathrooms were always being cleaned (great to see). Was a great location walking distance to everywhere or the transport was so close also. Would recommend to anyone travelling.

• 23rd Nov 2014

The hostel was in the perfect place in the city. Really close to the subway, and practically underneath the Empire State Building. The facilities and staff were really good, and I honestly cannot say anything bad about the place!! I would 100% stay there again.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Unfriendly staff, rooms are too small and was smelly, bathrooms were quite clean

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you for your review! We machine wash and vacuum the carpet twice a week. When booking our 3 Bed Private please visit our website for actual pictures and room description as it is a twin bunk bed over a full and not 3 separate beds. We were willing to bring in a separate mattress to be placed on the floor but you had declined and demanded that we allocate our 4 Bed Dorm for just the 3 of you however, due to limited availability, we were not able to comply with your request.

Great location and very clean. The only rea down side is a lack of communal areas.

For the money paid and location. One of the nicer hostels I have been to. Thank you.

Thank you so much!!

The location of the hostel is good. You can visit on foot many things. Unfortunately, to operate the hostel little. I also found that I paid too much for a room that we got. We had no view of New York City, our window was between two buildings. It was hot in our room. The heater was on 24/7. Furthermore, it is a clean hostel. The bathroom is cleaned 2 times per day.

• 20th Nov 2014

Very noisy, the windows don't close properly because of the AC machine so you can hear everything from the street outside making it very difficult to sleep (even with the ear plugs). It also makes the room quite draughty. Rooms are very small with no space to keep suitcases. On the plus side, it is clean and in a good location.

• 20th Nov 2014

Thank you for your review. We listen and hear you!! We have ordered AC covers that we hope will stop the draught and noise. It should be delivered and installed this week.

The staff are amazingly accommodating and friendly. You can't beat the 34th street location so close to mid-town. The construction noise outside was a bit rough, but I think that depends on the room you’re in. Staff graciously switched my room because of this – big thanks!!

• 19th Nov 2014

The worst experience I've ever had with a hostel, in 2 dozen hostels in 3 countries. The noise from the steel boards kept banging loudly the whole night and the window cannot be fully closed to keep the noise out. A guy came in at three and left for another room in 1 hour, and at four another roommate arrived very drunk, turned on the lights, kept the door open and kept mumbling, until he fell asleep on the floor. There was NO HOT WATER AT ALL when I went for a shower in the morning. DONOTSTAY!

• 19th Nov 2014
  • China

Thank you for your review. We apologize you didn't have an enjoyable stay. Unfortunately, we have limited control as it relates to some temporary work that was going on, we so offer comp ear plugs. We do offer bed lights, and feel horrible your roommate kept you a awake. Please note that we did make posts and announcements of the hot water being temporarily turned off due to the road work. It was only for a few hours and then we got it back. It was out of our control.

Amazing hostel, best location too! A little noisy from the traffic but was one of the best, cleanest hostels Ive stayed in!! Will stay again!!

• 18th Nov 2014

Thanks for a great time guys :o)

Only negative is that there is no kitchen area.

Good clean hostel within walking distance to subway and other main attractions. Rooms were warm and clean as were shared bathrooms. Staff are friendly and inviting and have organised events to encourage interaction. In all a nice place to stay.

• 18th Nov 2014