New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great location and brilliant staff, very helpful and polite. Bathrooms always clean. Definitely better choice than a pricey hotel!

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Very nice and modern hostel, warm welcome and staff helpful

• 5th Nov 2014

I always wanted to stay in this Hostel, the truth is that without disappoint the budget inn have to review some aspects to truly deserve the grade you have on hostelworld. Need a lounge where you can have meals and use a personal computer, because the lobby is insufficient. windows need to fully close. omar is a thoughtful guy in teh staff. Breakfast is enough, but served in pathetic place.

Thank you for your review. As we do not have a kitchen, most of our rooms include a microwave and refrigerator. Unfortunately, Manhattan is very tight on space. As we do not offer breakfast, we do offer complimentary: Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Donuts, hot chocolate, tea, and apples.

All the staff were really friendly and helpful. It s nice staying in a place where people care and are kind. Very clean place and great location!!

• 4th Nov 2014

Very friendly staff and support 24 h per day!

• 4th Nov 2014

Location - great! Walking distance to many highlights (Empire State Building, Rockefeller center, Times Square) and transportation (subway, bus, train)..but also very noisy because of the outside traffic. The room was quite small but clean, especially the bathrooms. Overall I would recommend Budget Inn for everyone who is interested in exploring the city and not staying in the room/hostel for the whole day.

We spent one night here and It was a really nice hostel, the best hostel I've ever been to. It was clean, great location, good service and you get free donuts and coffee or hot chocolate in the morning. The only negative part was that we were on the side where we heard traffic and construction work all night so it was hard to sleep.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you had an enjoyable stay. As the temporary road work is almost completed, please note that we offer complimentary ear plugs. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

Excellent location close to everything in Manhattan. Empire state round the corner, grand central station 10mins walk away, Penn station a few blocks away and times square 15-20kins walk. Food all around and convince stores aswell. As for the hostel itself, very noisy on the e34th side, but it is nyc so unit to be expected. Good sized rooms, nice staff, bathrooms with single toilet and shower on third floor, not sure about others. Small communal room at front with public computers. Nice place

• 3rd Nov 2014

Everything very good

We found this hostel at hostelworld, andere it was even better when we arrived !!! Friendly staff and very clean rooms and bathrooms... Important point !! Every morning you can get free coffee and donuts, and the staff gives you good ideas for things tot do in New York. Good hostel fort a very good price !!!!

• 2nd Nov 2014

the staff are very nice and the location is good.

Very well organised hostel. Location is ideal, very central to all attractions in NYC. The staff were super friendly and were more than happy to help with various queries. Very clean and tiny hostel and there were activities organised by the hostel, like karaoke and pizza night!

Great experience at the hostel. Super friendly staff. And honestly the cleanest hotel I have ever seen. Keep up the great work.

Great location, staff very helpful (specially Daniel and Anthony). I highly reccommned this hostel.

the m34 bus stops directly in front of this place. this is the bus that takes you east to west across manhattan, allowing you to jump on just about any subway line. 15 minute walk to Penn Station (LIRR train stops here from the airport). excellent. very clean with plenty of bathrooms on each floor. i stayed in a single rm with shared bathroom. the single rm comes with lockers and a tv but no sink in the rm. however, the bathroom was directly across the hall so you don't need a sink in the rm.

I enjoyed my stay at New York Budget Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms, bathrooms were very clean even during peak times. The hostel was fully booked during my stay. The location is very convenient. Most attractions are in walking distance. Busses and subway are very close by. I will definitely stay here again.

• 30th Oct 2014

The storage fee of $5 per bag should be waived. I spent quite a bit on that because we changed rooms and also stayed in two different hotels. Every time I moved, I had to pay to leave my bags. Also, I had a complicated reservation and they would only communicate by email. My reservation never was correct. I could have explained it quickly on the phone. I have stayed here 3 times and will come back again. It is a great value.

• 30th Oct 2014

Great place to stay in Manhattan on a budget; safe, clean, good location. Free Dunkin donuts and coffee, pizza night; street side rooms are very noisy from outside construction and traffic and fact that window air conditioner doesn't not allow window to be fully closed; but ear plugs (provided on request) and white noise from AC makes it OK; beds are amazingly comfy.

• 30th Oct 2014

Great value for money in our opinion, very good location in midtown, and very decent matresses which after all is really all you do in the hostel (no room for much more :) Flat screen tv is an added bonus, and OH, the toilets were quite new and cleaned often!

• Spain

Friendly polite staff. Hostel is only a short walk from Empire State and Penn station at Madisen Square gardens. Definatly stay again :)