New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great staff, were helpful and proactive, good location, near to attractions

My stay here was great. I have never actually stayed at a hostel and I was nervous. But the accommodation was great. It was clean it was safe it was excellent. I was traveling by myself so the pub crawls were a great way to meet people. I had wonderful roommates. The bathrooms were clean & WAY nicer than I was expecting. The bed was comfortable and felt clean. It was nice to have a locker in the room to secure my stuff. The only down side was the lack out outlets in the rooms & noise- EARPLUGS!!

• 5th May 2015

I was impressed, the ladies sharing the room were impressed, we wre all talking highly about the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. I had a great stay, I was comfortable and the location couldn't have been better.

• 5th May 2015

No breakfast.

• Argentina

Thank you for your review As we do not offer breakfast, we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Hot chocolate and donuts starting at 8am First come first served

The Budget Inn is in a top location - can walk to times square etc and a metro station 5 mins walk. The staff are ridiculously friendly and helpful. I booked for one night then extended another four. The rooms and the indiviudual bathrooms (i.e. aren't cubicle style) were always clean and available!! Wifi worked 100% and they have small touches like apples and free printing. Plenty of places to eat right outside (burlap = yum). The road is noisy but they provide free ear plugs. Highly recommend!

The only thing i dind't like about the hostel was that it doesn't have a common place to be, meet people and be confortable at.

• Argentina

Thank you for your review. Manhattan is very limited on space and very expensive. We maximize our lobby for Karaoke and Pizza parties, comedy night, movie night, game night as well as offer walking tours and pub crawls to allow guests an opportunity to meet fellow travelers and space to just chill after a hustling and busy day in the city. We hope you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

Everytime we went to the bathroom it was dirty . We expect that the bathrooms should be cleaned more often, because they are shared bathrooms.

• Austria

Thank you for your review. We have a sign in log on all bathrooms as to when they were last cleaned. The logs are checked daily. We will further look into this as this complaint has never been an issue.

Great place to stay, especially enjoyed the free pizza every second night. Loved that we had a fridge and microwave in our room which saved us heaps of money on eating out which was great for our backpacker budget. Location is perfect as you are right near the subway station and within walking distance to so many tourism favourites. Housekeeping is also fantastic, gives this place a hotel feel. Only complaint is that our room was so noisy due to street traffic but that is un preventable.

• 2nd May 2015

The room was great and the bathrooms were always clean and available. The bed however was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on, I didn't expect too much but it was just two mattresses stacked on top of eachother on a terrible rickety fold out frame. The bottom mattress was still in its plastic and made terrible noise with the slightest move. I thought everything was great except the bed which was actually really important especially since we really only used the room to sleep.

• 2nd May 2015

It's convenient place. There are some restaurants or grocery stores and it's not so far from station. But it's very noisy place too. You might not sleep well because of car horn or speaking voice from restaurant next to the hotel. Share space is very tight, so you can't expect to be relax there.

Thank you for your review. Manhattan is a noisy 24/7 city and we are located directly in the middle of it all. We do offer complimentary ear plugs upon check-in for light sleepers. Manhattan is very tight on space but we try our best to maximize on the limited space while ensuring a level of comfort for our guests.

a good choice ;)

• 1st May 2015
  • Slovakia

New York budget inn was a great hostel! Great location, clean bathrooms, very safety, great staff and very fast wifi (:

Really nice place! Excellent location and great staffs.

Best hostel I've been to, great staff with a 24hour reception, perfect location in the city and clean facilities. Wifi is free but cab be a bit slow. However, rooms facing the streets are noisy,making the earplugs offered to you at the reception very necessary. The checkout time was. a bit early though. Thank you for a great stay.

Thank you so much for your review. Our checkout time of 11am is needed to ensure cleanliness and prompt checkin time of 3pm. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next adventure to NYC

All in this hostel is VERY GOOD, except that the building has no elevator and the stairs are very unconfortable, but I can recommend and I can return in another ocascion

The grey walls, though well maintained were dreary. NO HOT WATER in the shower. Room 417 faces 34th street - and for someone not used to street noises was very noisy.

Thank you for your review. We are constantly repainting all common areas and rooms to ensure a fresh look as if its our first day of opening. Please feel free to make a color recommendation as we are always seeking ways to improve. We have double checked our boiler, water tanks and had additional water complaints.

There ist free breakfast on first-come-base with coffee, hot chocolate and donuts. 3-Bed-Private was quite small with all the luggage, but there are lockers in the room and a microwave and fridge. Hostel is nearby Empire State Building an about 1 mile to Times Square. Supermarkets, restaurants and coffee shops just around the corner. On the 1st floor there is a water-refill-station for free use.

• 25th Apr 2015

Staff were always super helpful and friendly. Thanks guys!

Deceive, fraud

• South Korea

Dear guest, Upon checkin you had requested to reduce your stay to 1 night stating your plans had changed. Regretfully, we had informed you of our 48 hour cancelation policy. When you made your reservation oh WRI, the terms of the 48 hours were acknowledged. As you had insisted they were 24 hrs, we then showed you that on HW website, ours and all affiliate sites clearly stating our industry standard 48 hr cancelation We would never deceive our guests as we aim for guests satisfaction.

All clean .... All time.... Well located!!!! All workers are really funny!!! Surelly the best hostel i had been!!!!

• 24th Apr 2015