New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

It was my first time in a hostel and I had a great time. The staff is really friendly and the location amazing. After long walks around the city, going back to the hostel with a view of the Empire State and the Chrysler Building is the best you can ask for.

• 31st Mar 2014

The best hostel I've been too. Staff were so great and it was clean and nice. It was also really central.

• Norway

The staff were warm, welcoming and continually helpful. The rooms are comfortable, if a little small (but it's NYC, what more can you expect?) and the location is convenient. The hostel is great for all types of travellers, and there are activities for everyone to get involved in. I'll definitely be coming back!

great place to stay in NWE YORK

• 31st Mar 2014

I like the location and friendly staff. It is a little bit noisy at night because it is in Manhattan. The heating system is not great. I felt cold because the spring came late this year in NYC.

• 30th Mar 2014

Thank you for your review. We have reviewed your reservation and noticed we were not informed of the temperature complaint you had experienced in your room. We wish we would have known so we could have fixed it for you.

This was a good place to stay since i was there to meet up with friends but if I didn't know anyone in NYC it would have been hard to meet people. No common area at all! Just the reception area. I met people in my room who were cool but this isn't a hostel, it's a hotel where you share a room. The staff are super nice and even let me change rooms to get away from a snoring guy. Bad side is no kitchen or common area. Security was great and everything was nice and clean. I'd stay here again.

Thank you for your review. As space is very limited in Manhattan, we offer a variety of activities to meet fellow travelers: pizza and karaoke parties, game night, movie nights, pub crawls, walking tours... As we do not have a kitchen area in our facility, all rooms excluding our Basic Twin Private Rooms all have: Refrigorators, microwaves and sinks.

Clean, clean and clean ! Free Dunkin' Donuts coffee or hot chocolat + munchkin's free at 8h00. the wifi work really welll and everywhere in the building. You can fill your bottle of water at the free filling station. There is no comon area but they have small fridge and microwave in the room. 25 of walking from Porth Authorithy (Bus Terminal)

Great secure hostel in an awesome location. Very busy place. Feels more like a hotel with the setup having key cards to get into each room and not much of any common room to hand out in but it what can you do in New York. Again the location was awesome and easy to walk to empire st bulding and time square. Real easy to get to JFK with the subway and airtrain. Don't expect to meet many other people outside of your roommates. More of a place to stay while exploring New York

Thank you for your review. Inorder to ensure maximum security and safety, our entire facility requires a proximity key card. From the street entrance, to the lobby door just past our front desk and the room door. As Manhattan is tight on space, we offer a variety of activities for guests to meet other fellow travelers. From our walking tours, pub crawls, pizza and karaoke parties, movie nights, game nights and others are all ways to meet other guests.

The hostel was a lovely place to stay, the staff were very friendly and gave us loads of advice as to where to go and much more. The free hot chocolate in the morning was a lovely touch. The hostel was very clean and we really appreciated the bed tuning every day which was unexpected, although my shopping bag did go missing from my room I would very much recommend this hostel to everyone, and return myself.

• 25th Mar 2014

I've stayed in many hostels around the world and this place is one of the best ones. Staff were very friendly and helpful

This is a fantastic place to stay. Very secure and impeccably clean (it seems they they were cleaning morning, noon, and night, which is never a bad thing!). The staff is very helpful and the location is within a five minute walk to the metro. I've stayed in many hostels and this is certainly one of the very best! We will definitely return!

One of the best hostel I've ever been!

Good enough place and central location, just not the best place to meet other travelers when going solo

This is a great place to stay.. I arrived had no problems checking in room are clean and staff is very helpful

• 22nd Mar 2014

The only complaint I would have is the lack of bathrooms. Even though there are four on each floor, every time I would go to use one during the morning/evening, they would all be full. Not really anything you can probably do, but that was the only problem we had during our stay. Thanks for everything, it was fantastic!

Nice place, very central. I will stay here again.

Would definitely come back again. Two thumbs up!!

Loved my stay and would recommend it to anyone I know !

• 19th Mar 2014

The staff was super friendly and they kept the bathrooms on the floors as clean as they could by cleaning them up to 5 times per day. Our bedroom for two was VERY small, equipped with a bunk bed, two lockers and a tv on the wall. A bit more space would have been neat. Wi-fi reception was perfect except for two days when it was entirely down. I would totally recommend this hostel and would always choose to stay there again.

• 19th Mar 2014

A very nice place with a very friendly staff. I felt safe, was in walking distance to a good deal of things and close to a subway station as well. I would stay here again.