New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I suppose you get what you pay for! Our private twin bunk room was very small but clean & tidy, as were all the bathrooms. We certainly hadn't expected maid service to clean and make our beds every day - very nice indeed. The location was good with plenty of bars & restaurants on the doorstep which in New York that isn't always the case. Two negatives though - the noise from the road is unbearable & the staff on reception aren't the friendliest - shame coz that would have made all the difference

Thank you for your review. Manhattan does tend to be tight however we have a verity of room types as you had reserved our most economical private room, our Basic Twin Private. We apologize about the noise, however NYC is always busy with people and cars at all hours. We do offer complimentary earplugs at the reception. We would like to know more about your interaction with our staff in order to rectify this. Please email us: info@newyorkbudgetinn.com We always have room to improve.

Our stay was very nice. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. But our room was towards the Street and there was noise all the time. So be prepared!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Thank you for your review. NYC isn't the quietest city for sure, but please note that we offer complimentary earplugs. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to NY!

Clean good location great value very helpful and friendly staff

• 2nd Apr 2015

All but one staff member were rude, rolling their eyes and making me feel like I'm an inconvenience to them. Too busy eating chips and reading their magazine.. People that stayed in the hostel were pretty awful too, tending to have a mini party in the hallways at 2am, and of course staff encouraging them. Otherwise, clean and safe accommodation, don't expect anything 'fancy' (such as towels, $5)

Thank you for your review. We noticed that your room was located by the front desk as guest leave the lobby and enter towards their rooms, perhaps they were too loud, something we do not encourage. We do offer towels with a $5 deposit that can be exchanged at anytime at the front desk for a clean towel and is refunded upon check out

Perfect location and facilities. Easy to find and very, very close to remarkable places like Grand Central, Times Square and Central Park. Total value for the money. Free coffee, donuts and pizza nights twice a week. Absolutely will come back there!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Mexico
  • All Male Group, 18-24

always enjoy coming to this place. They make you feel important here

Had a great stay. Can't complain about anything.

• 1st Apr 2015

Very good location but very noisy. No common areas.

• 1st Apr 2015

Thank you very much for your review. NYC is a vibrant and busy city 24/7, we do offer complimentary ear plugs at our front desk. As space is limited in Manhattan, we maximize our lobby as a common area for guests to meet and hang out. We offer a verity of activities such as pizza and karaoke parties, walking tours, bib crawls, movie night and others for guests to meet fellow travelers and enhance their experience.

The aircon was noisy, and the (free) earplugs did not drown out the sound. Otherwise faultless

Staff always customer focused. Clean and great location sets this facility apart as Excellent!

Fine hostel near Empire State. Small rooms, little noise, but all together fine!

This was my first time at a hostel. (at age 54!!) I was travelling with my 17 year old son. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleased overall. I found the staff to be the greatest asset. Always willing to help, always pleasant and smiling. There were quite a few different folks at the front desk, but they all made us feel welcome. Thank you for a great experience!!

• 30th Mar 2015

Nice staff, especially Omar and Gloria.....

I have stayed in two different rooms and they both had the same problem. The windows let in too much noise. It was as if my bed was in the middle of the sidewalk. In one of the nights, I barely slept. Of course it's NYC, a very noise city, but the fact that the windows are poorly designed is inexcusable. Not being able to get a good night's sleep is terrible, even for a hostel.

Thank you for your review. NYC is a noisy 24/7 city. We do offer complimentary ear plugs. We wish you had informed us so we could have potentially upgraded you to a different room, subject to availability.

There are two security access points to get into building, staff are very kind and funny, there are 3 baths and one half/bath on each floor, which are frequently cleaned--my biggest concern, but very clean and private. The cheapest room is kind of small but has a fridge/sink/lockers that can fit a m/l duffel bag. The window/radiator/pipes? are very noisy, so bring ear plugs. Room is a little warm (I went in winter/spring) but ceiling fan helps. Also free Wifi & they can print stuff at request.

I will be perfect if it provides breakfast, hahaha. Very nice place but has noisy due to it is near to 34th street.

We booked for three beds but it shows to be two beds in a bunk, one king size below and one single on the top. The beds are in good condition though. Almost no space at all in the little rum. We stayed in the fift flor with no elevator.

Thank you for your review. Yes, our 3 Bed Private room consists of a twin size bed over a full size bed. Please visit our website and all affiliate sites for actual pictures and descriptions of each room type we offer. As we do not have a lift, we do have dedicated staff that are always available to assist with luggage.

It´s a little bit loudly because of the streets.

• 27th Mar 2015

Thank you for your review. We apologize, NYC does tend to be loud, however we do offer complimentary earplugs.

The hostel was in good condition although the rooms were very cramped, there was no kitchen and the common area was just a couch in the small reception area. Perhaps this is all just a function of being an "Inn" in NY as opposed to an out and out hostel. While the staff weren't unhelpful they certainly didn't come across as friendly. That said, I would probably stay again if I needed somewhere central in NY.

NYC is very tight, expensive and we just don't have the room for a full kitchen. For that reason most of our rooms have refrigerators, microwaves and sinks. We are sorry you found our staff unfriendly and unhelpful. As we pride ourselves as helpful and friendly, like most reviews you'll read about in other reviews, please email us directly as we want to hear and learn more about your experience so we can continue to improve. Pleas email us: info@newyorkbudgetinn.com

Great staff, clean rooms, would definitely reccomend to friends and family

• 26th Mar 2015