New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Very happy here. Very clean and felt very safe. Great value. Great bathrooms. Free breakfast everyday. Friendly staff. Would stay here again. Bus stop out front, subway a couple of blocks away. Lots of bars, restaurants around. Good vibe

Overall, it worked out fine for me to stay there. I'd do it again. the staff was friendly and linens seemed clean. My room smelled terribly of dirty feet. There were four people in the room, so I don't know if the room smelled like that or if one of the guests had super smelly shoes or feet. In any case - I'll be back next month and plan to stay there again

• 18th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Please note that we vacuum all of our rooms daily and shampoo our carpets twice a week. We are aware that many guests travel for an extended amount of time and perhaps may have an odor due to either from dirty laundry, shoes or hygiene. We look forward to having you stay with us next month.

Amazing location, and felt safe at all times!! Lots of places to eat near by. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Free morning doughnuts and coffee were fab. Very clean. Would stay here again!

I've been to many hostels in the US, but this one is definitely the best! Perfect location,great value for money, very friendly staff and also very clean!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Serbia

Best hostel! Stayed here for 5 nights. 2 nights in a private room with TV. It was small but big enough for me. It would be cosy with two people but still ok. I couldn't here traffic level 4. Next I stayed in the more expensive private with fridge and sink, was a bit bigger. Then in stayed in a 4 bed female dorm. It was decent with a sink. Can hear traffic but didn't worry me. Whole place was spotless clean. Excellent bathrooms. Free brekky. Excellent staff. Great location! Will be back.

What an amazing hostel! Friendly, helpful staff, rooms with fantastic air conditioning and linens that were changed daily, bathrooms that were constantly being cleaned and that had signs posted saying "We strive to keep these bathrooms tidy - if they're not, we want to know!" It is only a few blocks away from a subway line, and is surrounded with lively streets filled with tasty restaurants. The New York Budget Inn is a prime midtown location that makes a fantastic home away from home! Try it!

Staff was slow at responding to questions asked and did usually not focus at one person at a time. There are many fees for leaving your bags here, 5$ for each bag, which I mean is quite a lot. To compensate for a small common area, the staff could have made a list of all places that were interesting to go to and possible discounts to Get for each of These so that they wouldn't necessarily have to repeat this several times. Plus if they had wouls have had some of the outings themselves.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Norway

Thank you for your review. We will bring this issue up immediately with our front desk as there is always room to improve. As space is limited in Manhattan, we offer guests the convenient option of luggage storage for a fee of $5, if we did not charge, we would have no space to accommodate all guests. Please note that as you enter, a guest has a variety of activities and discounts guests can take with them located on the wall of our downstairs lobby.

It was horrible hot in the rooms due to the weather, maybe they could do more to prevent that. There were no plugs on the room, only in the restroom. It's too bad when you have to go somewhere just to charge your camera or cell, you want to spend that time with exploring the city. I know it's New York and it was probably on of the cheapest offers, but 70 Bucks per night was a lot of money for me. Staff was really good, polite and helpful.

• 15th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review. Yes, it was very hot in NY this week, however each room has an AC unit and ceiling fan. Each room has a minimum of 2 outlets however in your room, our standard 4 bed dorm Ensuite has 3 separate outlets and one in the bathroom. We are pleased you had enjoyed our staff as we enjoyed having you!

It was my first hostel experience and I was quite happy overall! The staff is great, location is fun, and the value is perfect. It also helped that I met some fun people in my room and during the karaoke jam.

• 14th Jul 2014

the beds are like that you are sleeping on a cloud i wish i can live at the hostel is a very excellent place in manhattan

• 14th Jul 2014

Cleanliness excellent, staff helpful, very good hostel.

I highly recommend this hotel. Everything was good about it. I could fault nothing. The staff were lovely and very helpful. It is a great place to stay when you don't want to break the bank. Would definitely stay here again.

• 12th Jul 2014

First time in New York and stayed at Budget Inn after reading a lot of positive reviews and I was not disappointed! This place is ideally located in midtown, a 5 min walk to the Empire State Building! There is a subway station down the street which can easily be used for quick runs to lower Manhattan. The staff where all really nice and the accommodation was fantastic, plenty if shared washrooms on all the floors, I never had to wait to use one. I will deffienaly stop here again when I'm back!

• 11th Jul 2014

Great location and very friendly and helpful staff. Nice touches like soap, shampoo, slippers, coffee and donuts. Small common area, so difficult to meet others but you are in NYC after all so many things to keep you occupied - was perfect for a good nights sleep!

Awesome hostel right in Manhattan! The staff was super friendly and helpful...however the atmosphere wasn't really a "hostel" atmosphere - separate rooms, very small common area, etc. It was very clean but the bathrooms were a little danky (my roomie's shower was ridiculously hot and wouldn't get any colder). However I'd definitely recommend this place if you're looking to stay near the lower east side near the Empire State Building - there's a close subway station (the 6) a few blocks away.

The only negative is that there is no elevator and it is not handicap accessible.

• 10th Jul 2014

Great hostel, pretty close to metro line

I would recommend this hostel to my friends and will definitely go again next time I visit New York.

• 10th Jul 2014

Room with 4 bunk beds too small, would better suit a double bed. Lockers just big enough for a backpack.

• New Zealand

Thank you for your review. We will review your suggestion with upper management, however Manhattan in general is tight on space. The lockers are intended to be able to safeguard your items.

The staff was awesome, very hospitable. The location was great, close to subway and bus. I walked from hostel to downtown. The staff made the stay, very helpful. Thank you.......

• 9th Jul 2014