New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The Budget Inn has many positives. Certainly the staff are professional and the facilities are clean as a result of being regularly serviced. The draw backs are the lack of a lift and the external noise due to traffic and road maintenance that penetrates the building. So customers need to be robust and bring noise-cancelling headphones. I would recommend this hostel to young, no frills travellers who want an economical stay.

The staff was friendly and professional. The rooms and restrooms were impeccably clean. The location was central to just about everything. Outside, the street was really busy and noisy. In the room, honking horns, late night partiers, and trash trucks coud be heard until about 2:30 when everything seemed to quiet down. This was no fault of the NYBI. I'll definitely stay here again.

• 13th Dec 2014

If you only stay at the hotel for sleeping, this is an ok place. The maze in the room was however a bit noisy.

Stayed here with my husband for two nights, and loved the experience. Loved how the place was kept clean at all times - especially the showers. We have stayed at other hostels before, and the experience was one of the best we've had. Only one problem: the room kept getting cold, even when we turned on the air conditioner at 70 degrees.

• 11th Dec 2014

For the price there is not really anything to moan about. Especially the location is awesome! Just the right place to stay for peps with small wallets and a big interest in other cultures and who just look for a warm and dry place to stay the night. Coffee is free in the morning :)

• 11th Dec 2014

The only problem is that the room is a little bit noisy.

Great location, very helpful staff and very affordable !

• 9th Dec 2014

Location is fantastic - exceptional value for Manhattan. TINY rooms - but a very small grumble considering location and price. Everything else 1st rate.

• 7th Dec 2014

Would recommend this hostel to all - the staff really make it! They're so friendly and helpful. It's also a great location and the rooms and bathrooms were always very clean. Only thing i would say is the room was a little chilly.

• 7th Dec 2014

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Everything was very clean. I was surprised the bathroom was private and clean. Only thing was a lot of stairs, and it was too hot. One night I had to turn on the AIR CONDITIONING in DECEMBER when it was 20 degrees outside to keep the room from being 80 degrees of hot!! I'd stay there again for sure.

• 6th Dec 2014

Beds are really old and not confortable at all. But, given the price, the locaton is excellent !

Thank you for your review. The bunk bed frames are 2 years old and the mattress is less then 6 months old. Nevertheless thank you for informing us as we have changed the mattress with a new 1. We wish you had informed is earlier as we would have gladly changed it for you while you were still with us.

Had an awesome time at New York budget inn! I have never stayed at a hostel before this one and I can honestly say that I was extremely impressed! The room and facilities were very clean. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I will probably stay at New York budget inn everytime I come to NYC from now on. The price was excellent and it is located fairly close to everything tourist related!

• 5th Dec 2014

No common room area apart from the reception but otherwise it was a really great place. The complimentary ear plugs were also a huge benefit, I wouldn't have been able to sleep without them because of the road noise in some of the rooms!

• 5th Dec 2014

Staff were so helpful- i had an incident with a loss credit card and trying to get to the ariport to catch an flight and they went out of their way to call and help me resolve the issue. Also i was there on a work trip so i had a horrifically big suitcase that had to be dragged up adn down the stairs. they were so helpful. clean facilities and secure. Would recommend

Everything was good, but one bad thing was the heating in our room. We couldn´t take it off, opening a window didn´t make it better. we asked the Staff, but they only said, we should take on the aircondition. Shall we get ill or what? We couldn´t sleep, it was too hot. A new York trip with less of sleep, because of an heating, thats really bad!...

• 4th Dec 2014

Clean and safe hostel which felt more like a hotel. Enough private bathrooms and good beds. Noise from the street is ok for Manhattan. Our room was a little bit chilly at night due to too much space around the AC in the window. Helpful staff, no elevator, free WiFi. Perfect location! Would recommend!

I enjoyed my stay with you. Omar was very kind to help me with my luggage when I was leaving. The only downside was the noise from the street, but I guess that is the price you got to pay staying right in Manhattan.

Loved my 5 night stay there. I felt totally safe and secure as a solo, female traveller. The facilities were very clean and the price was right ! Location is terrific, walking distance to many major attractions. Best of all were the fabulous staff who were so patient and helpful, courteous at all times. What ever they are being paid I am sure it is not enough for all that they do. Special thanks to Ronnie, Shaun, Q., Chris and Rodney. You guys ROCK.......if only I were younger......

• 4th Dec 2014

Everything you want from a hostel.... reasonably priced, great location, comfy bed with a clean shower and toilet! Wasn't the easiest to find, especially if you are a first time visitor to NYC.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Location is good, clean, staff were friendly, only downside is that it is hard to sleep with the noise from the street, rooms are small so not recommended if you are over 6 feet tall. The ensuite in my room was small. Most of the time I used the one of th 3 showers down the hall it has more space and it was always available. Not many activities for people who do stay but honestly it didnt effect me to much because im always out doing my own thing. Good job guys!