New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I've used several hostels in Manhatten and this is by the far the best one I've exeperienced. Only downside is the traffic noise. Would stay here again. b

Thank you so much for the pleasant stay. The front desk was so helpful and friendly. I have to return to NYC again next year and hope to stay at Budget Inn again. Thanks again! :)

• 27th Jul 2014

No windows in the room

• 27th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review! All rooms have windows however your room had what is called a shaftway window which is very common in NYC.

They charged me more than I was expecting. I asked for a 3 beds and they gave me 2 beds. A had to make a deposit to get the towels and my card also. I didn't like that, they should trust in their clients. Very tiny place, but it's ok because it is NY. However, the bed are very clean and the location is very good. I suggest you take out that advertising offering a trip for those who gives a 90% and up review. I prefer having a good stay, for a fair price.

Thank you for your review. Our 3 Bed Private consist of a Twin Bed over a Full size bed, as stipulated on our website and all affiliate sites, the description is very clear inclusive of actual pictures of all of our room types. Again, as clearly stated, taxes are not inclusive. Please take the time to read when making your reservations. All deposits are and were refunded to you upon checkout. We offer a chance for a free flight and free 3 nights stay for guests who leave a great review!

The breakfast is Dunkin doughnuts and coffee. Close to the subway - excellent midtown location. If you're in a top bunk then they are quite wobbly!

Thank you for your review. We do not offer breakfast however we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Donuts, hot chocolate and tea. We have reviewed your reservation and noticed that you did not inform us of your wobbly bed, but upon receiving this review, we have tightened up the bed. Thank you !

I was traveling with my 12 year old son. The left very safe and the staff was so welcoming and helpful. I used public transportation while there and the staff gave me detailed info that made me feel confident on embarking on the leg of the adventure. I would definately stay again but may want to try one in another part of town for a different experience. Thanks!

Really awful, dont go there!

• 24th Jul 2014

Thank you for your review. We have reviewed the notes on your reservation. You had reserved a bed in our Standard 4 Bed Mixed Dorm for 1 night. Upon checkin, you were informed that bed 3 was allocated to you. After checking into your room, you had requested bed #1, but it was already occupied. We were completely sold out that evening and couldn't accommodate you even with an upgrade. We apologize that the other guests in your room did not want to switch beds.

The staff was incredibly helpful. The location was perfect.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Puerto Rico

Considering the location, excellent value for money

thx a lot for wonderful staff!!!! so friendly!!!! I really had an awesome time staying in this hostel, Good location, so clean and safe!!!! I would go back there for sure!!!! I recommend this hostel strongly!!!! Thanks a lot again:)

• 23rd Jul 2014

Okay hostel but very expensive and essentially no common area. They messed up my booking and it took a long time to fix it. Otherwise okay.

Thank you for your review. Please understand that prices are relative to cities and countries. As you are well aware , space is limited in NYC however we try to maximize the use of the area we have. Upon review of your reservation, you had made duplicate reservations on Hostelworld for the same nights that we gladly corrected and didn't charge you for the loss of the additional room you had booked. We would have hoped you had appreciated this .

The ONLY area of improvement I can highlight is the breakfast. I would very much prefer something less sweet (e.g. coffee/tea and croissants/bread/bagels over doughnuts). For the rest I thought you guys were fantastic.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Our stay was flawless. The highlight was the staff, the facilities were clean and the whole place well looked after. Of course being in NY space is at a premium and there are no common areas, but otherwise an amazing place from which to explore and amazing city.

The staff at the hostel are very friendly. They clean the rooms every day. I would definitely go back again!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Argentina

It's the perfect spot in the city to sleep while visiting. It's clean, the staff is wonderful and it's so close from everything that you can walk everywhere. Sure, if you're looking to make friends, the communal area is pretty small, but you can meet people everywhere, it's new york. I'll stay there on my next trip to New York. Best Hostel in town.

• 21st Jul 2014

This was THE best place I stayed at so far. Superfriendly staff, very clean, locaties in the centre of Manhattan. Ideal!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

I was very happy to stay at New york budget inn. The staff was extremely helpful and kind, there were a lot of activities (free pizza, kareoke, pubnight...) and the location couldn't have been better. The restrooms are really clean and the cleaning staff is very friendly. The room wasn't big for 3 people but included everything that we needed and was always clean. Best thing about NYBI is the price! Wow! If I'll visit NY again, I know where to go! I recommened it to everyone!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Very happy here. Very clean and felt very safe. Great value. Great bathrooms. Free breakfast everyday. Friendly staff. Would stay here again. Bus stop out front, subway a couple of blocks away. Lots of bars, restaurants around. Good vibe

Overall, it worked out fine for me to stay there. I'd do it again. the staff was friendly and linens seemed clean. My room smelled terribly of dirty feet. There were four people in the room, so I don't know if the room smelled like that or if one of the guests had super smelly shoes or feet. In any case - I'll be back next month and plan to stay there again

• 18th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Please note that we vacuum all of our rooms daily and shampoo our carpets twice a week. We are aware that many guests travel for an extended amount of time and perhaps may have an odor due to either from dirty laundry, shoes or hygiene. We look forward to having you stay with us next month.

Amazing location, and felt safe at all times!! Lots of places to eat near by. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Free morning doughnuts and coffee were fab. Very clean. Would stay here again!