New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

This was my second stay here and I was impressed again with the overall cleanliness and location. The coffee and donuts is a great touch. There was a bit of street noise throughout the night, but what else can be expected in midtown New York. I will be back again.

The hostel is very good, only the lobby is too small and there should be an elevator because going up 5 floors with luggage is difficult, specially for an older person.

• 14th Oct 2015

Difficult to store a bicycle overnight -- staff did store/accommodate my bike.

• 14th Oct 2015

The smell in my dorm was horrible, it smelt stuffy and sweaty throughout, likely the old carpet. Also I was next to the main avenue, incredibly noisy and impossible to sleep without earplugs. The room had a microwave which I found out of place considering the amount of odour it would create - they need to move these to a common room, and there isn't one aside from reception. That being said, it is well located and quite clean - donuts and drinks are provided for breakfast, and staff are helpful.

Thank you for your review. Our rooms are cleaned daily and our carpets are cleaned twice a week. Unfortunately we have no control on the smell of your dorm mates. We do our best. We provide microwaves and refrigerators for the convenience of our guests who wish to save money by eating in their rooms.

Nice location, restrooms were clean and rooms were decent. Staff was OK, except for one that was incredibly friendly and helpful. Although they do have events during the week (like karaoke etc) the very only common room to meet people was the reception room. Just to leave a note: the room that I stayed was a bit smelly.

Great hostel! Good location, free coffee/doughnut breakfast, nice staff, free computers, printing and wifi. Very clean bathrooms with body wash, shampoo and conditioner. Overall I had a really enjoyable stay here! Only a 5min walk to metro subway stop. Only downside is there is no kitchen - but there are bar fridges and microwaves in each of the rooms

The hostel is a great place to stay but at night a bit noisy cause it is at the crossing 3 AV and 34th St. The rooms are clean and funktional. The stuff is super friendly. Only missing a community room.

We had a fun stay. The location was great (10min Empire State on foot, very close to the subway). People were very nice. You can try to sing on karaoke parties on sundays and mondays, and you get free pizzas ! I keep the address if I ever come back to NYC.

• 11th Oct 2015

A kettle / tea making facility would be a great addition to this lovely hostel.Staff were v.helpful to all residents & the general atmosphere was mutually respectful throughout my stay.Little or no noise late at night which made for a proper rest after long and busy days whether at work or leisure.Location: it doesn't get better than this! Midtown, easy to access public transport, plenty of relevant information and access to 2 pcs and a printer throughout the stay. 1 suggestion: improve wifi :)

• 11th Oct 2015

The hostel was a perfect choice. It was safe, clean, had a good location, and had good engaging staff. My only concern was the stairs. It was a bit difficult to carry my luggage upstairs and downstairs, although I only had to do that on my arrival and departure dates. Because of the stairs, I think that is has a bit of a problem regarding accessibility (i.e. wheelchair accessibility.) Also, there seems to be a little problem with the wifi, but at least there are computers at the lobby.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Philippines

Great place to stay. I was travelling on my own this time and staying here was the difference between coming or not. Other hotels charge a massive single room supplement but New York Budget Inn had a great price for a room of my own en suite. The staff were brilliant. Nothing is too much trouble and the room was cleaned every day. An hour before I left my flight was cancelled. The staff got me onto the airline and printed my boarding passes. Brilliant location. will stay again. Thanks

• 10th Oct 2015

Baggage left for a few hours should not be charged.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Thailand
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel! Very friendly staff, good location, free coffee/doughnut breakfast, lots of social things to do etc.Very comfy beds too!

For the price this is a great place.

• 9th Oct 2015

The hostel has an excelent location near to everything. It is clean but the staff is not that helpful as it should.

The rooms were very clean and convenient. The bathrooms were clean and well attended. If you are used to regular hotel rooms you may find the rooms small and cramped. But if you plan on using the room just to sleep then you are fine..I would definitely consider this an option in NYC again.

• 8th Oct 2015

Great stay at New York Budget Inn! Though it is a little bit farther away from the main attractions, the hostel is close to the subway. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathrooms very clean too. Breakfast is substantial but it still allows you to save some money on a coffee ^^. I definitely recommend this hostel.

It was a great place to stay in the middle of Manhattan for the price.. I would definitely come back if I'll be in NY..

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Albania

It was an incredible experience to stay here with my friends! The staff and all the people who was around in the hostel were always so polite and helpful with us!! I can't wait to stay here the next time!! Comfotable bed, super clean restrooms and rooms! The best place to stay in new york if you want to save some money and have a great time with a great ambient! My greetings from Argentina for all the incredible staff!

It's just really loud but it's new york city so just prepare yourself.

• 5th Oct 2015