New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Welcoming hosts and in a super central location.

Very clean. Really good position. The room was quite small. It's a pitty there isn't a bigger common area. Still a really good option if you are looking for somewhere cheap in Manhattan.

Wifi was non existent, have to get that fixed

Thank you for your review. Our free wifi was down for approximately 6 hours due to our provider. Time warner had said that due to the server rain they had to do maintnance to our fiber optic cables and was fixed as soon as was possible. We apologize for any and all inconveniences. Please note that our free computers in the lobby were working and guests were urged to use them. Additionally, our front desk is always available to assist guests in all they may need.

The hostel is really well located, close to the subway and in the same street as the Empire State Building. The rooms are quite small, it's difficult to open your luggage inside the room. However, it has a mini-fridge and a sink. Bathrooms are clean but crowded some mornings. In my opinion, it's worth the money if we take into account how expensive hotels are in Manhattan. It's cheap and the quality is quite good. Maybe it would be better if the breakfast was included.

Not enought restrooms (especially during rush hours - from 8am to 9am)

• 4th May 2014

The staff was not very helpful, and they didn't do anything to improve the quality of the service. The only positive thing about this hostel was the location. The bedrooms are very small and have no windows in it, so it can be pretty claustrophobic. They don't offer breakfeast, restaurants, or cafeteria; and they don't have a space or a room for people to socialize, or a common area. They try to charge in every possible way, more taxes than the taxes specified in their website!!!

• 4th May 2014

Thank you for your review. Every room in our facility has a window, however you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room, our most economical room. The window in this room faces a shaftway. We have a vieriety of room to choose from We understand your complaint but we were sold out and unable to upgrade you. The staff had informed you that in the event another room would become available, we would let you know. Taxes are clearly stipulated on all websites as this is the law for us to collect

Staff was helpful and extremely nice. I met awesome people at the hostel! It's a bit expensive but hey - it's New York and the location is perfect! Would totally come back again and recommend staying there. Oh, and a big plus for the machine that refills your waterbottle!!

• Finland

Well located.... the only problem i have was tha wifi internet didn't work some nights

• 3rd May 2014
  • Argentina

I choose this stay cause it is explained location is great! I heard it's few minutes from pen station. it was fascinating to me cause I had to ride a bus 'airporter' next day. B.U.T it took 20 minutes or more to go to the pen station only without carrying anything .It's devastating. After all, I had to take a cap with my heavy baggage. Everything was not bad except there wasn't elevator. of course the crew helped me to carry up my baggage but it's uncomfortable.

• 3rd May 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you for your review. Penn Station is a 12-15 Min walk however due to New York City Traffic, Buses and Cabs can take longer. The bus stop is directly in front of our facility. The train is always another option As most properties here in NY are not in the City, We are directly in the middle of it all! As we do not have an elevator, our staff is always available 24/7 to assist with luggage and anything else you may be in need of assistance.

The hostel is very clean, and the main part of the staff is really nice. But there are not common places, just a small reception, so it's not so easy to meet people. The location is great, but it's in front of two big avenues so is very noisy, even at night.

really good hostel, very clean. a lot of space in rooms, something dificult to find in NYC. very friendly staff. location its no so close but walking atround you enjoy the city. i really recomend this hostel.

Should put signs on the toilets that have showers in them

Thank you for your review and thank you for your suggestion. We will definitely look into this!! We appreciate hearing of ways we can improve

Very nice and clean and good value for money. Is about minute walk from times square which would be fine except it was raining very heavily when we were there so we got soaked. It's not really near to a subway stop so we had to get taxis in a couple of times. Note that the price does not include mandatory New York taxes (like any hotel in New York).

Thank you for your review. Ya, the weather was horrible last week as it rained for a few days straight. Please note that the subway is just 2 blocks away and the M bus is directly infront of our property. No need for a taxi if you choose to take public transportation.

No atmosphere or character whatsoever, the staff is not very friendly. I guess it is cheap for the location and quite clean, so it is fine if you really only want to sleep. You have to pay a full night if you check out too late......

Thank you for your review! We understand that you had checked in late on your arrival date at 3am staying for 1 night. You were informed that checkout is at 11am. We would have gladly given you a late checkout but we were completely sold out the following day. You were never charged for a late checkout, however it is our policy as it is by all other properties. Please understand that it wasn't an issue of our staff being unfriendly, it is just the protocol.

Staff were so friendly, special thanks to Corey who signed me in and was so lovely. Everyone ready to answer any questions. Thanks guys for a lovely stay, I'll be back!

• 28th Apr 2014

Rooms on the avenue and street are very noisy during the night because of the traffic. Maybe to change the windows for the one that are more soundproof.

Very good hostel and very good staff!!!

Really good location and nice staff

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I'll stay there again next time I'n in NYC

• 25th Apr 2014

Nice and clean hostel, very very well located !!. I will return next year with my son. Nice and friendly staff.

• 23rd Apr 2014