New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Nice and clean hostel, very very well located !!. I will return next year with my son. Nice and friendly staff.

• Mexico

Would only recommend if you are looking for a bed only and don't plan on spending much time at the hostel. I didn't find the staff helpful, the shower was cold and stopped working half way through, the fan in the room broke and we had to have it going all night in the cold, and there is no common room.

• New Zealand

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to have read about all of these issues. We pride our self on customer service. We have checked the notes on your reservation and noticed the complaint about the fan.. If we would have known of these or any issues we are prepared to correct any of these as we fixed the fan the next day when we were notified. Our housekeeping and Maintnance staff are available 24/7 to confront any and all issues as they might occurre.

No common areas

• New Zealand

The only downfall was the people that were smoking and talking out on the window balcony. That wouldn't have been as bad if I had been on the other side of the room.

• 22nd Apr 2014

The guy who checked me in was a disaster! When I was trying to pay off my stay, my local debit card didn't go through and I didn't have enough cash on me. I was coming from the airport and pretty exhausted. My booking was for 5 days so I asked if I can pay it later. This guy turned me down very rudely! So I went to ATM immediately and got his money. The other guy apologized on behalf of him nicely but what's done cannot be undone! Otherwise they have a good location!!

Thank you for your review.. As stipulated on our website, HW and all affiliate booking engines, payment is due upon check-in. As was explained, understanding that your Credit card was not working, we would have gladly held your passport/ ID in our safe until such time you were able to make the payment, however you had refused this option. Per your request, you had wanted to reduce your stay from 3 nights to 1, and you were refunded in full without penalty of our 48 hour cancellation policy.

Super clean hostel with extremely friendly and helpful staff. deffinitely staying there again

Place was great! The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Only downside was that, apart from a few organised activities like pub crawls, there was no real atmosphere. No communal area so hard to meet people

Love the free coffee and donuts in the morning! Very clean showers and rooms especially compared to other hostels

Asked the site to show me a date to book, but in the end it got me a wrong date. When I got there, it was within the 48h for cancelartion so they told me I woldn't get my money back. And I also was left without a place to sleep. Lost 70usd. It left a sour taste.

• 20th Apr 2014

Great Hostel in excellent location. Always kept clean, never had to wait for bathroom, and helpful staff. Can't get much better value for money for the central location.

• 19th Apr 2014

Everything about this hostel was great - the location was close to the subway line that runs to most places you would want to got to as a tourist, the staff were really friendly and helpful, the room was really clean and had lockers and a sink in the room. Bathrooms were also great (proper bathrooms - not just a block of cubicles) and cleaned regularly. They offered up free breakfast (doughnuts) every morning and wi-fi was fairly good throughout the building. No complaints at all!

• 19th Apr 2014

This hostel is the best place I have ever stayed!!!! And I've stayed in a lot of hostels ! Me and a friend had a twin private room. The room was like a hotel! Clean, new and modern! The room had lockers and bunk beds with clean sheets and air con. Several washrooms available on each floor with showers . All very clean! Free wifi! Towels to use with a refundable deposit! Amazing location near Empire State Building !

Really enjoyed our 7 night stay here in April 2014. The Hostel is very well located within walking distance to everything and also close to grand central for public transport. The hostel is very safe and secure with swipe card access. It is very clean and your room is serviced daily which was a nice touch! We had a private room with shared bathrooms and liked that we had our own sink and fridge in the room.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Our room was really really too small, overheating, no daylight, no possibility to open the window and let in fresh air. The conditioned air was to noisy in that room size to sleep well and we choked during our 3 nights. The higher bed was too low to sit in the lower bed. It was not our first hostel in NY and it was the worst.

• 16th Apr 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to have read about your stay. We have reviewed your reservation and noticed that you had never informed us of your dissatisfaction. Please note that you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room, our most basic and affordable. Please visit our website as we have many different room types to choose from. If we would have been informed of your AC unit, we would have gladly changed it with a new one.

Karaoke singers Caruso and Brit were great, we liked their versions of the songs so much more than the originals! Overall we would highly recommend staying in this hotel as it really felt that they value their customers. Everyone was really helpful no matter what the issue was. It was really clean and tidy all the time.

The staff is very rude... The rooms are good and the loaction is ok. Wi-fi is good, and also the wc. The hostel should have a kitchen. But, is a good choise in Midtown.

No lift....... This should be advised in the write up especially on 5th floor with 2 suitcases. No common room, no kitchen, no coffee/tea facilities, practically no activities unlike other hostels. Would NOT stay here again

Thank you for your review. As our facility does not have an elevator, our staff assists all guests with their luggage. Manhattan is very tight on space, since we do not have a kitchen facility, most of our rooms include a microwave and refrigerator. Upon check in, all guests receive a schedule of our monthly activities. Our daily activities include, Dunkin Donuts & Coffee served at 8am, almost daily walking tours, karaoke and pizza nights, games, pub crawls, movie night...

This hostel was great. The bathrooms were actual bathrooms with their own showers and seemed to be cleaned twice daily. When renting a towel, toiletries were provided along with shower shoes, which was definitely a plus. Only con I can think of is there is no common areas besides the check in lobby which is limited in seating. Obviously not a problem if you are never there, but would be nice to have somewhere to hang out. I would definitely stay again!

• 15th Apr 2014

I LOVED it! The best hostel I stayed so far!!! Friendly staff, new and clean beds, plenty of bathrooms with showers! My room had a shower in the room, but if someone was there, I still had a bunch of those to choose from on the floor! Very very clean place! Free coffee in the morning! Free wi-fi and PCs! A++++

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Russia

Everything was fine except I should have requested a bottom bunk. Top bunk is rough, I would suggest to all hostels to consider if you have older guests giving them bottom bunks. Otherwise, it was fine and the staff was very nice and helpful.