New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I enjoyed staying at New York Budget Inn, it was handy to subway and centrally located to explore in any direction. Beds were made daily which was great. While it could be noisy with traffic, earplugs were available free of charge and I slept well. There's not a lot of communal hang out space, but everything you need is readily available.

No lift. Had to carry luggage up flights of stairs. But thankfully the staff helped.

I made a reservation for one room with one big bed for 2 people. I got one room with bunk bed in the same price I made the reservation on the Internet. I didn't know that until I saw the room and it was after I paid.. when I ask for them to change my room for what I ordered they told me I should pat 50$ more per night... so we didn't change our room...

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Israel

We are sorry you misunderstood the configuration of your room. All our room configurations and prices including pictures are on our website and on Hostelworld.

Excellent location and value for money, everything was in order in that department however...while the staff were helpful - I didn't find them particularly friendly and was treated with a air of cold indifference while I was there. On my leaving I had my $5 deposit for my keycard put in my hand with a cold 'thank you' given. I found myself muttering 'ignorant twat' under my breath. one or two of the staff were ok but the majority were pretty miserable.

Good place to stay, worth the money.

Very friendly atmosphere ,which makes your stay relaxing and when got tired by the day the night at the hostel recreates you fully and gets you ready to enjoy your next day,,,

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Pakistan

At almost 100 dollar, it's a bit pricey for a shared room with 4 beds. Nevertheless, the rest was amazing. Nice people, easy access, very clean and cosy.

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Israel

I spent 5 days in New York Budget Inn, was the best option. The staff is really friendly, they help me always, i want to said a big thank to Jose he always was gentle and helpful.

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Highly recommend to all who wish to spend favorably visit NY - Manhattan.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Slovenia
  • All Male Group, 41+

A clean modernized hostel near Penn Station. It is a well run and organized facility. The private BR with SB was bigger than anticipated and the bathrooms were good. The decor is a little prison cell block like, steel stairs, grey colouring, no softening of the atmosphere or vibrant colour, so purely functional. A one night stay would be our limit but in a city with overpriced accommodation it was a reliable budget place.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

I really loved staying at New York Budget Inn. First of all the location is amazing! Just 5 minutes from the subway and 15 minutes walking to Times Square. The staff is phenomenal, always helpful and attentive, not only the ones working on the reception such as Juan, Jose, Lorena, Daniel but also the cleaners and helpers like Manuel and Anthony. I will definitely coming back and recommending the hostels to all my friends. Even my mom which is 52 years old loved the hostel.

I had a great time in NY. The hostel is really comfortable. The rooms are small but you always are exploring around NY. I had my concerns regarding the bathroom but it's was clean all the time. Busy early in the morning so take your time. The staff is really nice but they can be even better.

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Mexico

Very good value for money. Suitable for individual travellers with a tight budget who just want a clean, no frills place to sleep in the vicinity of Manhattan.

Great location, only 2 blocks to the nearest metro. Rooms are somewhat small, but you'll only be sleeping there anyway. There's air-conditioning and a small fridge in each room, and also lockers ("American high-school type"), which is all nice. Beds are quite ok, and free linen+towels are included in the price. Some bathrooms small, some ok sized, and showers are quite nice. Somewhat noisy, but... it's New York so you can't blame that on the hostel. All in all a great experience. Staff is great.

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Norway

Absolutely delightful experience in every way!

This hostel is the best I have stayed in in NYC so far! the staff-were very helpful and genuinely care for their guests. Very friendly! As soon as I walked in the door I faced a staircase to the lobby and a member of staff immediately came down and helped me up with my bags! The beds are very comfortable and sturdy as well. Good to find lockers in the room and a fridge and microwave! And Ben a sink! Advise to bein earplugs for blocking out road noise. It is very noisy at 34th st

• 28th Sep 2015

The staff is very polite and profesional, all of them área great and very nice people, great customer service. The location of the hostal is great, 4 blocks from the empire statue building. 2 blocks from a subway station and you van walk to time square. Very clean and safety.

• Mexico

It is good hotel because it is clean room and shared restroom.Location is near 33st/Park Av. S that is not far from hotel.It is easy to travel in Manhattan by subway.They have pizza party on thursday night.They provide donut and coffee everyday morning (First come first serve). But every night you might heard silent and horn voice of police car or another car that make you dont sleep tight.😊

• Thailand

Loved the NY Budget Inn. Location is great, close to Penn Station, Empire State Building and a pleasant 15-minute walk to Times Square. Staff was unfailingly courteous, friendly and helpful. Shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are supplied in the immaculate showers and hair driers are available to borrow. Not having to bring these items really cuts down on weight and bulk in one's luggage. The free coffee, donuts and apples are a nice touch. This hostel s doing everything right.

• 28th Sep 2015

Distribute WASHCLOTHS not just towels to guests. The roomier images of hotel on website are deceptive. Restaurant information found in notebooks in room was outdated as many recommended in neighborhood no longer exist, Too much info about Brooklyn instead of Murray Hill & Manhattan. Large clear maps of subway and bus system should be in notebooks. Place metro maps in display case by hotel door along with all the other info/brochures. Where's a Safeway type GROCERY store? Thanks.

• Mixed Group, 41+