New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great Hostel in great location with very helpfull stuff (not everyone:-)

This is not a hotel, it is a hostel, but does have single rooms. My room had one single bed, with nothing else. Room was small, but it is a hostel and for NYC, very very cheap. Staff were always lovely and friendly, great atmosphere and very clean. You wouldn't get a place to stay for this cheap in NYC. Situated in the Murray Hill district, which is a nice neighbour hood. Convenient location for everything in NYC. I'll stay there again!!!

• 12th May 2014

It has wifi but the staff are not giving the correct password. I was a first time traveller and i need the internet to find my way to my tourist destination and plan, but unfortunately i had to go to malls or coffee shops to get d wifi. my first room was with ensuite bathroom. It was small for 4 people. All other amenities were ok. Staffs are helpful. Clean. Within the city.

It was a great vacation in New York and a very very good hostel. THANK YOU Budget Inn

• 11th May 2014

The hotel and rooms were extremely smalll, but mostly functional and served their purpose. This all could have been ok if not, throughout ky stay, the promised wireless Internet was not operational. In a city like New York you highly rely on Internet connectivity and its absence was not even something the Nigel's staff even apologzed for, let alone reimburse you for.

Thank you for your review. We did our best to post notices of informing our guests that our internet provider was making upgrades in the area and there for it was down. We offer free wifi and free computers in our lobby for guests. Most facilities and hotels in NYC charge for those amenities. If the internet failure was due to our negligent, we would have done everything to ensure guest satisfaction. As manhattan real estate is very expensive we do our best to maximize our space.

The staff were very friendly and helpful during check in/check out. Everything was organized and the staff even helped me figure out some cool place to check out during my visit. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to friends.

• 10th May 2014

They charge 5$ for storing your loggage

Nice hostel and many things in walkable distance

The only thing I didn't like was that the windows in two of the bedrooms I stayed couldn't be opened and one of those rooms was actually really small. It felt like I coudn't breath. Everything else was perfect! Very clean and neat place and great staff!

• 10th May 2014
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review. In most facilities the windows do not open for liability reasons. all of our rooms are inclusive of Air conditioners and fans to better circulate the air. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC!

Pretty great place to stay. It was super clean with the bathrooms getting cleaned quite often. The location was amazing. Really central. The room are basic, but it has everything that you need. The wifi was pretty poor though. That's my only complaint.

• 9th May 2014

The hostel was great and the staff very nice. Very well located, near lots of pubs, bars, restaurants....The only thing I did not like is that they charge you to store your bags. At the end of our trip, we needed to store our bags a few hours until we left the city, they charged us 5$ per bag, only to put it in a room they have especially for that. I have visited a lot of hostels and this was the first time I had to pay to store my bags. thanks

Really. I've stayed in hostels all over the world. (Granted - some of them were in third-world countries... but that aside...) This is one of the nicest ever. Clean, individual bathrooms and showers, great security, and met some awesome people. Can't beat the location...

• 9th May 2014

Good choice for value

• 8th May 2014

Really loved staying here. Great location and facilities second to none.

Some members of the staff were attentive, others were not. The NY Budget Inn is not a place where you would like to spend your time, but it's a decent place to sleep after exploring the town.

Thank you for your review. We appreciated your 3 nights stay in our 4 bed Female Dorm Room. As we continue to strive to assist our guests and better ourselves, please let us know how we can enhance a guests stay. Other then a clean, safe, comfortable accommodation at a fair price, we offer Free: Soap, shampoo, slippers, Walking tours, wifi, computers, pizza parties and karaoke nights, movie nights, bottle refilling station, Dunkin donuts coffee and donuts, mints.. Please let us know

Welcoming hosts and in a super central location.

Very clean. Really good position. The room was quite small. It's a pitty there isn't a bigger common area. Still a really good option if you are looking for somewhere cheap in Manhattan.

Wifi was non existent, have to get that fixed

Thank you for your review. Our free wifi was down for approximately 6 hours due to our provider. Time warner had said that due to the server rain they had to do maintnance to our fiber optic cables and was fixed as soon as was possible. We apologize for any and all inconveniences. Please note that our free computers in the lobby were working and guests were urged to use them. Additionally, our front desk is always available to assist guests in all they may need.

The hostel is really well located, close to the subway and in the same street as the Empire State Building. The rooms are quite small, it's difficult to open your luggage inside the room. However, it has a mini-fridge and a sink. Bathrooms are clean but crowded some mornings. In my opinion, it's worth the money if we take into account how expensive hotels are in Manhattan. It's cheap and the quality is quite good. Maybe it would be better if the breakfast was included.

Not enought restrooms (especially during rush hours - from 8am to 9am)

• 4th May 2014