New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Would definitely come back again. Two thumbs up!!

Loved my stay and would recommend it to anyone I know !

• 19th Mar 2014

The staff was super friendly and they kept the bathrooms on the floors as clean as they could by cleaning them up to 5 times per day. Our bedroom for two was VERY small, equipped with a bunk bed, two lockers and a tv on the wall. A bit more space would have been neat. Wi-fi reception was perfect except for two days when it was entirely down. I would totally recommend this hostel and would always choose to stay there again.

• 19th Mar 2014

A very nice place with a very friendly staff. I felt safe, was in walking distance to a good deal of things and close to a subway station as well. I would stay here again.

• 19th Mar 2014

Apart from the slightly slow check-in (dude seemed tired), cannot fault a single thing about this hostel. It was always spotlessly clean, friendly, bright with plenty of fresh bathrooms and lockers for everyone - it was never a struggle or a worry to get going in the morning. The wifi, while patchy, was very welcome and it's difficult to fault being on the same street as the Empire State Building for just a few bucks a night! Watch out for the tax & the $5 per bag storage charge after checkout.

• 18th Mar 2014

Was awesome, for that price and it is the center of the City Manhatten) you can do everything bey feet ;) Lovely Staff and it was like if you stayed in an Hotel. I would always stay again in this Hostel. regards, nina

• 18th Mar 2014

Thank you for your review. It was great having you stay with us!!

I found the staff friendly and helpful. They moved me to another, much better, room when I explained that the website lead visitors to expect a fridge in all the rooms and my single room did not have one. The bathrooms are close to the rooms and clean. Coffee and donuts in the morning was a welcome surprise.

Thank you for your message. Please note that non of our basic rooms include refrigorators but do include: air conditioners, fans, tv and free lockers. All of our other rooms include all of the above plus: Sink, mirror, desk, lamp, fridge and microwave,

Great location close to bars, restaurants and only a short walk from the subway and empire state building.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Very noisy from the street noise but great clean, comfortable accommodation inside.

• 15th Mar 2014

Great location. Short walk to subway and empire state, close to restaurants and bars. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fridge in room was handy as there's no kitchen. I would stay here again.

PORITIVE Friendly staff!!! The hostel provide for free a personal kit with shampoo/conditioner/slippers. In the nearby there are some little cheap restaurant. Free water dispenser. NEGATIVE No elevator! Room a bit cold, insuite bathroom super cold (no possibility to adjust the heating in room). Nearly no breakfast included and no space to eat it (only 1 cup of coffe OR 1 cup of chocolate and 3 donuts hole per person! Attention!! if you arrive late, you will find anyting left!!!)

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your room being cold. We have reviewed your account and at no time was any if our staff members made aware of the cold you were experiencing. If we had known we would have gladly adjusted the heat in your room. Please note that we do not offer a complimentary breakfast. We offer Dunkin Donuts & Coffee on a first come basis.

Location and staff were great ! I would certainly come back to Budget Inn when I'll come back to NY. The only thing I didn't like was that they charge you for luggage storage when check out. For the price I paid I would have expected to have this service for free.

• 14th Mar 2014

Pros: Great location, walking distance from Empire State Building and Penn Station. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable, staff are helpful enough. Cons: The hostel doesn't have a large common area so it's not ideal to meet people, there isn't much of a social vibe either.

Thank you for your review. As space is very limited here in Manhattan, we offer many activities in our property and outside. Our in house activities include karaoke, pizza parties, movie nigh, game night- all are great opportunities to meet other guests. Outside Activities include walking tours (almost daily) & Pub crawls.

It is in a great location and perfect to base yourself and get out to see NY. Not much of a soc ial area (altho I ddint do the planned activities either). I found only 1-2 staff a bit hard to approach (I would maybe suggest smile) which was a bit off putting, but once I did all were very helpful. The bathrooms are a good size, but watch out for a massive queue up at 7/8am as there are not many. It is a good hostel to use as a base and in a great location.

Highly recommended!

• 10th Mar 2014

Absolutely brilliant. Great value for money. Very secure and very clean. Their location is only a 10 minute walk to the Empire State Building and 5 minutes to the nearest subway station. Staff go out of their way to be very helpful. Had a private double bed with shared bathrooms. Heaps of separate bathrooms down the hallway and over 10 days there was always one available. All the separate costs (taxes etc) are clearly explained on the website. Will be back and telling all my mates about them.

• 9th Mar 2014

Disadvantages: Sometimes it was very noisy during the night. The single room is tiny but clean and with lockers.

• 9th Mar 2014

Thank you for your review. We have many different room types. As you had reserved our Basic Single Private Room, most private rooms include: TV, microwave, refrigerator, sink and a mirror.

I love the location of the Budget Inn and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Also, the hostel itself is clean and the rooms are neat. After booking my stay I got a mail which told me how much I was supposed to pay at my arrival. Unfortunately this mail didn´t list some other fees that I had to pay, so I was confused that I paid almost 10$ more than it said before..

Thank you for your review! Please note that on your confirmation email and when you originally made your reservation, it clearly indicates that Taxes are not included. We apologized you missed it. Please feel free to contact our reservations department to further explain: Info@newyorkbudgetinn.com

Super clean room. Would definitely return. Thank you.

• 7th Mar 2014

The Staff was a bit rude, when we first arrived the person in charge of the check in was talking on the phone, definitelly nothing related to work, and we had to wait 10 minutes till he decided he was ready to work. In addition he was not very polite in telling us the details of the hostel, he basically is a pretty suseless employee. The hostel is very expensive, the staff is not polite and the location is not the best. To the price you booked you have to add the tax that is not included.

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you didn't have an enjoyable stay with us. We will follow up with front desk agent and surely be sure no other guest will ever deal with the way in which you were handled as we pride ourselves on customer service. As you were not properly informed of our property, I'm sure you were not informed of how centrally located you are in manhattan and all the major attraction located steps away from our property.