New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great location reasonably close to a subway station. Place efficient and sparkling clean. Sure there's a bit of traffic noise from the streets outside - but this is Manhattan! Bring earplugs and eyeshades, and you'll be just fine. Bunkbeds are a bit wobbly, so hope the person below isn't tossing & turning all night! no elevator, so be prepared to lug your stuff up some narrow stairs. Front entrance can be a bit difficult to locate, but persevere - it's worth it! It's my new choice for NYC

• 22nd Feb 2014

nice accommodation. but sometimes it depends on stuff how they explain overall. it will be great to explain everything.

Thank you for your review. We do our best to give each of our guests our undivided attentions by assisting them with all of their needs to the best of our ability. Per your review, we aren't sure what you would like us to explain. Please begin with trying to explain your review as we continuously work to better our staff, facility and overall experience.

Decent place to sleep and stash my bags while I was out and about around the city! The staff was very friendly. While the accommodations were sparse, they were clean and functional, which is fine for the price! My one complaint is that the toilets were very tiny- barely usable in a sit-down situation (I'm kind of a big guy but not THAT big). I found another hotel nearby with full-sized toilets in the lobby restroom, though, so I just stopped in there on my way out to take care of business.

• 21st Feb 2014

Just stayed here for a few hours to take a shower and get some sleep before a late night bus ride back home. Would do it again. Staff was very friendly. Bathroom was very clean!

• 21st Feb 2014

In general it was very good! But I would like it more if the staff was more optimistic and encourage us to go out see the city rather than saying it will snow and rain tomorrow... It would be nice to have a lift as well...climbing to the 5th floor with a 23kg luggage is not very convenient.

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Cyprus

Thank you for your review. We are extremely happy you had a very good stay with us. We always try to inform our guests of the current weather in order to assist in planning activities. Please note that our staff is available 24/7 to assist with all luggage knowing that there is no elevator on premises.

Fantastic location, decent value and very friendly staff. The hostel was constantly being cleaned, including our room once a day. As a side note, the communal facilities are very limited and it isn't the most social place if you are looking to meet people.

Great Location of the Budget Inn! Make sure if you book a 3 bed private you get 3 beds in your room rather than a double bed and a single. Other than that great place to stay! Carruso is a great guy behind reception!

• 15th Feb 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased the know that you had a great stay with us. As clearly indicated with a picture and a narrative description of our 3 Bed Private Room on our website, Hostelworld and all of our affiliate sites; our 3 Bed Private consists of a twin Bed over a full size bunk bed. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

I highly recommend the New York Budget Inn. Kudos on the free donuts and coffee from Dunkin' Donuts in the morning. My only problem was that the heating pipes were shockingly loud in my room on occasion. It wasn't a constant problem, and the man at the front desk said he would change my room if I wanted. Since it wasn't relentless, I just stayed where I was. I'm sure the staff is fully aware of this issue and deals with it as best as they can. Great location and is exceptionally clean!

Actually booked the room 2 weeks ago but had to postpone my trip due to the snow storm. The kind people at New York Budget Inn allowed us to change the booking to a week later at no extra charge! Checked in at 2pm on the 21st of Feb and I was immediately impressed by the genuine warmth of the staff and the cleanliness of the room. We had the bunk beds which came with a microwave and fridge, tv, sink and lockers. There were 3 bathrooms every floor with additional 2 toilets. Highly recommended!

Staff were very friendly. Location was great. Rooms were very small but clean. good place to stay if you are on a budget.

• 14th Feb 2014

Shower didn't have any warm water on our last day. They wrote a note with their apologies, but this didn't help us much.

• Switzerland

Thank you for your review. We were upgrading our hot water boiler. The work started at 4am and was completed by 7am. We apoligize for the inconvenience

Everything here is really cool! Especially staff, so funny, enthusiastic and hospitable! I very enjoyed my time there, but just a little thing made it not so perfect, I left my shampoo in restroom at night, the second morning it was gone...Apart from that, highly recommend!

Thank you for your review. We are very happy you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our maintenance and housekeeping staff are constantly cleaning and maintaining a high level of cleanliness throughout our facility and most importantly in our shared bathrooms. We hold everyones left over soap and shampoo for 5 days left in our shared bathrooms in the event to reclaim it unless it is empty. Thank you for recommending us and spreading the good word.

great staff, clean, great location. really enjoyed the stay

• All Male Group, 18-24

The location is great—a very short walk to the 6 train, and its very easy to get to any part of the City from there. There are lots of restaurants and bars nearby as well, however the street noise isn't bad at all. The bathrooms were always extremely clean, and the staff here were very helpful and friendly. They are always have events for the guest, and there were multiple nights that involved free pizza. I'll definitely be staying here again before I visit Europe!

• 13th Feb 2014

The hotel is well located. The room was a bit small, lacked a cabinet. Overall, the stay Satisfied us.

• 12th Feb 2014

its the best place to stay

Good hostel with TV's in the room. It's more like a small hotel.

It was good enough for one night in NY. Thank you.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Kazakhstan

The Hostel are Great, Location is good, nice rooms, the only problem is that don't have elevators, its kind of difficult to take heavy bags on that sters, btw if u want that kind of luxury look for a hotel, very clean, amazing staff, clean bathrooms all time, i loved to stay there and on the next time that i go to new york i will stay there.

• 7th Feb 2014

Don't choose this hostel if you intend to spend time only in the hotel. My room was very small without any window (matchbox bedroom). That's the only drawback with the premises arrangement. The rest was good. The bedroom and the bathroom is cleaned every day. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The hostel is very well located in Manhattan and it's safe. Some activities are organized by the hostel (karaoke, free pizza night, pub crawling, visits with guide etc.). Good pick!

Thank you for your review. We offer many different room types as you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room. Thank you for participating in our activities. We hope you had an enjoyable time with us and we look forward to having you back again on your next visit to NYC.