New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Clean hostel at a great location, for a fair price. Beds are kind of short though if you're tall and some of the younger staff seemed more interested in watching tv than actually helping you when you asked them something. Would still recommend it though.

The bed is really comfortable, the restrooms are clean and the location is excellent. And at sunday and tuesday nights they have a karaoke with pizza and soft drink free. The breakfest is simple and limited.

Good location and bed is comfortable and the place is clean. HOWEVER, make sure you DO NOT get the room facing the street. It gets incredibly noisy all night, I was not able to sleep at all. I and other 3 girls were right awake, could not sleep at all. Get the room on the higher floor that is NOT facing the street or close to the street.

Basic, clean place. Very good value for money compared to most places to saty in New York, so I'd recommend.

It was great a place, with great people. We didn't spend much time to hang out but it was fun.

We had a great stay there!!! It is perfectly clean!! Everything!! They are cleaning all the time!! And the staff was really really helpful with everything and very friendly! Will definitely return to this place!!

• 30th May 2014
  • Argentina

The staff was very helpful.

• 30th May 2014

One of the best, if not the best place I've stay in NYC

• 29th May 2014

Nice hostel in a great location. I loved the free coffee and doughnuts in the morning! Staff were friendly and the bathrooms and beds were cleaned daily. The only downside for me was the banter. There was none at all. The most boring anti social guests I have ever stayed with. Nobody wanted to do anything or party so I ended up going out on my own. Shame really as NY is awesome.

• 28th May 2014

The room was EXTREMELY tiny, it could not fit 2 open suitcases!!! The smell in the room was very annoying. Breakfast is very bad quality (no drink except coffee, no tea, and only small greasy doughnuts) Good point, the bathroom was very clean. Overall very low quality for the price.

• 28th May 2014

Thank you for your review. As you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room, our most inexpensive room, we 9 other different room types available. We do not offer breakfast, however we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee and Donuts, not to shabby for quality.

As cheap as I could find on Manhattan but still expensive. That's New York. It's nothing special. A clean bed and a shower. There's no other real facilities. The common area is the lobby. The staff are generally good. The big thing is the location. On 34th street with the Empire State and Times Square a short walk away! Fantastic!

Good hostel right on 34th St. Good facilities, not much of a party/social atmosphere, but I didn't actually spend much time there (basically just sleeping). Cool spot.

excellent hostel really helpful and friendly staff.

Location was great, just 4 blocks from empire state building and several streets from chrysler building. People were friendly and very helpfull. Room was very small and here was no window, so if you plan to spend more time in a room, do not recommend. Otherwise, for short trip it was allright. Price excellent for New York.

Thanks for the nice stay!

• 26th May 2014

This was a good place to stay in New York on a budget and you are in walking distance of several attractions. The staff were very friendly and helpful, everything was clean and the wifi worked really well. The hostel lacks any cooking facilities and the breakfast is limited, but I accepted that and enjoyed food elsewhere.

good Location, very clean, staff friendly, but a common room is definetly missing...

Good money value but far from Times Square, Central Park, and Rockefeller center. Empire State is probably 10-15 minutes walk. Closest subway is around 30minutes walk. Had to ride cab from penn station instead. No free breakfast. And front desk didn't give me soap shampoo and slippers but I saw my roommates have them.

Thank you for your review. There are multiple subway stations within 3 blocks from us. Times Square is a 15 min walk or 10 min by public transit. Penn Station is also a 12-15 min walk. Please note that we offer Dunkin Donuts Coffeee and Donuts from 8am, first come first serve. We appoligized you didn't receive your Free Soap, shampoo, conditioner and slippers. As we may have forgotten to give it to you we would have gladly given it to you if you would have reminded us.

The inn is axx hostel with en suite bathrro or communal ones. It is a bt expensive for this type ,especially if you come on weekends ($75 instad of $70 ). It is a good one wth the least expensive room rates in Manhattan area unless you move to other areas north of 100thStreet in Harlem or Bronx or Broolyn area. The good thing is it is close to Times Square ( 30 minutes walk). You save more as you do not need to a bus or subway ( $2.75 for a ride or $2.50 with Metrocard.$5 for lugguage deposit

The cleanliness was the best part. Very well kept facility. 80 USD for a bunk bed is a little steep though...plus the extra 5$ for like everything...a towel, a locker, to hold your luggage if you come early.....it's a bit much.

• 24th May 2014

Thank you for your review. We agree, New York City and State Taxes are expensive. New York City as a whole is very expensive and for that reason we are the best option to stay when visiting NYC! We offer our guests more then any other facility: Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, slippers, Free Lockers, Free Wifi, Free computers for guests, Free Dunkin Donuts and Coffee, Free Pizza and karaoke parties, purified water bottle refilling station and so much more!!