New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Amazing hostel, with amazing staff, in an amazing city. 'Mac and O'.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The New York Budget Inn is very well situated. The staff members are really friendly and welcoming. Even if the rooms ar small this accomodation is perfect to stay and discover NYC for families who want to travel without breaking the bank.

Very nice and practical place for a week end in NYC

• 7th Jul 2014

It's a great and tidy place. Although it was very hot at the time in NY, the rooms were cool because of the efficient air-con. Bathrooms are tidy and overall it was a great experience. The only drawback I'd point is the lack of common space for socializing. The area by the reception is rather small.

New York Budget Inn is a perfect place for people who want a nice basic place to stay for a cheap price. Is has everything you need. The staff is nice and there is even free coffee and donuts in the morning. Our room was very small, but the hostel is clean and the location is great. Within 10 minutes you are in front of the empire state building!

• 7th Jul 2014

Great location, plenty of restaurants, stores and bars just outside the place. I would live in the neighborhood if I moved to NYC. But there are some drawbacks. No elevator means you have to lug yor luggage up the narrow stairs. I stayed in a dorm. The bunk beds are quite awful in there. There is no big room or lounge area where you can gather and meet fellow travelers; so there was no sense of "community" that you get at other hostels. There are too many signs telling you that you about fines

As we do not have elevator, our staff are available 24/7 to assist guests with their luggage. as we have just received your review we ran to your bed and noticed that your bed was a bit loose and had it tightened. As space is limited here in NYC for a large common space, we do maximize the facility we have. Additionally, we have activities daily for guest to have the opportunity to meet fellow travelers. The only fines posted IS NO SMOKING IN THE ROOM. Its Standard

If you're looking for a low cost place to come back to after a long day that's clean, feels safe, close to food, and staffed by some of the friendliest hostel personnel, this is the place to hit up. It's within walking distance of Penn Station and Grand Central, super close to the typical touring areas for Manhattan, and not far from the subway. The bathrooms and rooms were kept well, very clean and comfortable. Highly recommended!

This place was amazing to stay at! The location was perfect (away from the tourist trap) has a really nice shisha lounge next door called Bablyon and bars across the street which are also value for money. Absolutely loved the staff who were so friendly and helpful. They have free wifi and computers to use and allow you to print things at a cheap cost. The hostel was very secure as I as alone. Would definitely give this 5 stars and will be going back here rather than the hotel I stayed in!

• 7th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to having you back!!

What a lovely place to stay in manhattan. The staff were welcoming as soon as I reached the front door and through out my entire experience. I will definitely want to stay here again.

• 6th Jul 2014

The room was very clean and so were the bathrooms. There were 2 bathrooms on the floor and they got cleaned every day. The room was a bit small though for 3 people though. The location was perfect and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They do offer breakfast but not a decent one, which was disappointing. Just some munchkins and some coffee from Dunkin Donuts on a table right beside the front door (and it was gone fast).

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Very small, but clean rooms. Great location and very easy to get everywhere we wanted to go

• 5th Jul 2014

Awesome staff, awesome location, awesome price, the place was very clean and the room was WAY beyond my expectations! No doubt will this be the very first place I will look up when planning my future trips to NYC!

• 5th Jul 2014

Thank you so much!

I've stayed in many hostels around the USA and this is easily the best I have stayed in. The location is brilliant with a short walk to the Empire State Building and the subway. All the staff are very helpful and the rooms are cleaned daily. I highly recommend the 99 cent pizza place across the street. Loved my stay here and would definitely recommend it.

Thank you for your review! We are so humbled!!

Everything about this hostel was great. The lcoation was really good and me and my friends found it easy to get to most places. Very good value for money and we had our own room (3people) which was great. As well as this, there was a fridge and microwave in place. The only down side that I saw was that we had to leave a $5 deposit for towels and a key card each. However we did receive this back at the end of our stay.

Thank you for your review!

I am 53 and i stayed here for 9 days total and this was my first time staying in a hostel. You go out all day and when you get back it's like being home. The location is fantastic so easy to walk to the heart and Empire State is two blocks away. The cleanliness of this hostel is above excellent and your room is serviced daily. I have stayed in a few now and nothing comes close. The staff are amazing special thanks to Rodney and the boys for all there help. Wish I could take this hostel with me

The rooms are pretty small for a four bed room - storage options are also pretty limited due to space. The rooms were very clean, housekeeping makes up your bed everyday and the bathrooms are always so clean. I was able to check in at noon rather than waiting around until 3pm which was great so I didn't have to pay to store my luggage. The only disappointment was the size of the rooms and no common area to meet other people staying in the hostel.

Location of hostel great and it's well maintained however considering how expensive it is for a room it really disappointed. Stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm that was so small there was barely enough room for us all to be in at same time, no real common area to meet people and you get charged to store luggage which I've never seen before even in a hotel. Atmosphere poor, reception staff ok but seemed disinterested. Best thing was how comfortable the beds were. Not worth the money in my opinion

Thank you for your review. Expensive is all relative. We are similarly priced as properties that aren't located in Manhattan. Yes, manhattan is a bit tighter and for that reason we are limited to space for a larger common area and need to charge a luggage storage fee as there is just not enough space to accommodate everyone's bags as much as we would love to. We are glad you found our beds comfortable.

It was the first time that I stayed in a hostel outside (Brazil) my country and the experience was amaizing! The location of the property is excelent, the staff is very friendlly and helpful. Thank you só much for everything Cory, Lorena and Daniel :)

Wasn't impressed with the very small room. Also the hidden fees upon check in were a nasty surprise. Amount due was different to the 'balance due' in the email and they had covered their ass in the small print. I also found it annoying how they had a sign at the premises that said "give us a good rating and you could win free stuff" I feel this defeats the purpose of rating systems. Showers needed attention

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review. Manhattan tends to be very tight, however upon making your reservation, please note that it clearly states: TAXES ARE NOT INCLUDED. Additionally, the sign reads that "if". We encourage our guests to leave reviews. We offer monthly prize and an annual prize of a free flight and 3nights stay with us, subject to availability.. We noticed you had another reservation to stay with us in September, we will email you to find out if you plan on keeping the reservation.

Everything was great except for the bathroom was pretty hot for the summer and no windows in the room.

• 2nd Jul 2014