New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I enjoyed my stay at New York Budget Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms, bathrooms were very clean even during peak times. The hostel was fully booked during my stay. The location is very convenient. Most attractions are in walking distance. Busses and subway are very close by. I will definitely stay here again.

• 30th Oct 2014

The storage fee of $5 per bag should be waived. I spent quite a bit on that because we changed rooms and also stayed in two different hotels. Every time I moved, I had to pay to leave my bags. Also, I had a complicated reservation and they would only communicate by email. My reservation never was correct. I could have explained it quickly on the phone. I have stayed here 3 times and will come back again. It is a great value.

• 30th Oct 2014

Great place to stay in Manhattan on a budget; safe, clean, good location. Free Dunkin donuts and coffee, pizza night; street side rooms are very noisy from outside construction and traffic and fact that window air conditioner doesn't not allow window to be fully closed; but ear plugs (provided on request) and white noise from AC makes it OK; beds are amazingly comfy.

• 30th Oct 2014

Great value for money in our opinion, very good location in midtown, and very decent matresses which after all is really all you do in the hostel (no room for much more :) Flat screen tv is an added bonus, and OH, the toilets were quite new and cleaned often!

• Spain

Friendly polite staff. Hostel is only a short walk from Empire State and Penn station at Madisen Square gardens. Definatly stay again :)

• 30th Oct 2014

the staff was extremely friendly and we really enjoyed them! the rooms and restrooms were clean. thank you!

Was a cool place, staff were really lovely, rooms were a little on the small side, I enjoyed my stay here! Great location, it was like a motel.

Very noisy, you can't sleep at all! If you want to spend all night with the noise of the street, the cars and works ahead, then it's for you! Indeed no, I wouldn't recommend it, even for my worst enemy...

Hello, Thank you for your review. Upon check in we informed you that there was a noise situation that was beyond our control due to street construction on 34th street. We offer our guests ear plugs for noise sensitivity. Based on our availability we were able to move you to a room on a higher floor away from the street side. Best Regards, The staff of the New York Budget Inn

Nice Hostel, but very noisy. Inside with slamming doors and from outside... The air conditioner in our room was not that good in the window integrated and isolated. There's just a plastic piece that shuts the space between air con and windowframe, what gives you the feeling the window is always open - even when it is getting cold. Unfortunately at our stay we were vis-a-vis to a big road work, additionally... But therefore you get a clean room and bathrooms, everything you need to discover NYC.

Friendly, convenient, safe, with resourceful staff, decent showers and a great, albeit noisy, location (although this is on account of the overnight roadworks outside). Not cheap, but then no accommodation in NYC is, so on that basis actually reasonable value for money. Would recommend.

• 28th Oct 2014

As expected the rooms are really small, but reasonable and very clean. The subway station is only two bocks away and it is also possible to walk to the Empire State Building. One of the best things is that there is a 99Cent Pizza Snack Bar over the road. So perfect for students and backpackers to have a reasonable stay in New York. The only thing I have to remark is that you have to pay for storaging your baggage (5 Dollars per item).

• 27th Oct 2014

Best hotel in NYC, and I stayed in 3. Why pay 200 for mediocre service? I paid 50 and had no expectations. All the reviews are correct. I stayed in the female dorm and then the private. The private was really nice for only 80 usd. (Small, though. Not a problem). The bathrooms are cleaned all the time, there is no waiting time to use them. There is free water (best idea ever), and free wifi in every floor. I totally recommend it. :)

Super clean, with housekeeping too, modern premises , staff very kind and I enjoyed two nights with free pizza and karaoke! And in the heart of NYC! Too bad no kitchen, but a little breakfast provided makes up for it..Definitely to be back

I called the hostel,3 hours after I booked and before the check-in time and explained that I was at the airport and had a problem with flying to New York ,so to transfer my booking for the day after.They suggested to send an e-mail. I did sent TWO e-mails and three phone calls. Next day when got there I was shocked to see they had charged my credit card the whole amount and end up paying 150$ for a cell like room.No sitting area, just 4 seats in front of the reception desk.bad experience !

Thank you for your review. We received all of your calls and emails & understand you missed your flight from San Fransisco. We attempted to explain to you that we have a 48 hour cancellation policy. Every time you called, you hung up to try to speak to someone else expecting a different response. To clarify, the $150 you were charged was for 2 nights (1 night in our 4 Bed Dorm Ensuite you missed and the 2nd night in our Basic Single Private Room).

Best Hostel In NYC

• 26th Oct 2014

Nice clean rooms with fridge and micro. Two pillows ans two nice blankets. They also give each guest slippers and toiletries. Only downside is that it is very noisy and will be for the next two years due to construction, so bring earplugs. Also, no common area except the lobby which is very crowded, small, and right in front of the check in desk.

The Hostel its very nice and in a great location. My only problem was the traffic noise, its very difficult to get a good rest. Im sorry but my next time in NYC i rahter preffer to stay somewhere else.

• 25th Oct 2014

I really enjoyed while staying here. but one thing was uncomfortable. the shower pressure was low. If you improve this problem, this hostel is the best.

Great hostel very well located!!! I am used to hostel around the world this one is one of the cleanest I've stayed at. Great friendly staff. Fun pizza and karaoke night! One thing missing though a real community room. Anyway I had a terrific time. If your room's windows are on the streets you better bring hearplugs or take some from the reception cause it can be very noisy.

• 24th Oct 2014

This hostel was absulutely awesome. Very friendly staff. The rooms were clean with a sink, TV and fridge. On every floor were 4 toiletts at least and seperated bathrooms which could be used for 1 Person. Very comfortable for an hostel. It was very loud from outside, but hey, this is NEW YORK. Whoever complaints about noise in NY should not travel and should spend a round Pizza for complaining. I work in an hotel in Germany and we have guests who complained about the churchbell. I loved it.

• 24th Oct 2014