New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

really good hostel, very clean. a lot of space in rooms, something dificult to find in NYC. very friendly staff. location its no so close but walking atround you enjoy the city. i really recomend this hostel.

Should put signs on the toilets that have showers in them

Thank you for your review and thank you for your suggestion. We will definitely look into this!! We appreciate hearing of ways we can improve

Very nice and clean and good value for money. Is about minute walk from times square which would be fine except it was raining very heavily when we were there so we got soaked. It's not really near to a subway stop so we had to get taxis in a couple of times. Note that the price does not include mandatory New York taxes (like any hotel in New York).

Thank you for your review. Ya, the weather was horrible last week as it rained for a few days straight. Please note that the subway is just 2 blocks away and the M bus is directly infront of our property. No need for a taxi if you choose to take public transportation.

No atmosphere or character whatsoever, the staff is not very friendly. I guess it is cheap for the location and quite clean, so it is fine if you really only want to sleep. You have to pay a full night if you check out too late......

Thank you for your review! We understand that you had checked in late on your arrival date at 3am staying for 1 night. You were informed that checkout is at 11am. We would have gladly given you a late checkout but we were completely sold out the following day. You were never charged for a late checkout, however it is our policy as it is by all other properties. Please understand that it wasn't an issue of our staff being unfriendly, it is just the protocol.

Staff were so friendly, special thanks to Corey who signed me in and was so lovely. Everyone ready to answer any questions. Thanks guys for a lovely stay, I'll be back!

• 28th Apr 2014

Rooms on the avenue and street are very noisy during the night because of the traffic. Maybe to change the windows for the one that are more soundproof.

Very good hostel and very good staff!!!

Really good location and nice staff

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I'll stay there again next time I'n in NYC

• 25th Apr 2014

Nice and clean hostel, very very well located !!. I will return next year with my son. Nice and friendly staff.

• Mexico

Would only recommend if you are looking for a bed only and don't plan on spending much time at the hostel. I didn't find the staff helpful, the shower was cold and stopped working half way through, the fan in the room broke and we had to have it going all night in the cold, and there is no common room.

• New Zealand

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to have read about all of these issues. We pride our self on customer service. We have checked the notes on your reservation and noticed the complaint about the fan.. If we would have known of these or any issues we are prepared to correct any of these as we fixed the fan the next day when we were notified. Our housekeeping and Maintnance staff are available 24/7 to confront any and all issues as they might occurre.

No common areas

• New Zealand

The only downfall was the people that were smoking and talking out on the window balcony. That wouldn't have been as bad if I had been on the other side of the room.

• 22nd Apr 2014

The guy who checked me in was a disaster! When I was trying to pay off my stay, my local debit card didn't go through and I didn't have enough cash on me. I was coming from the airport and pretty exhausted. My booking was for 5 days so I asked if I can pay it later. This guy turned me down very rudely! So I went to ATM immediately and got his money. The other guy apologized on behalf of him nicely but what's done cannot be undone! Otherwise they have a good location!!

Thank you for your review.. As stipulated on our website, HW and all affiliate booking engines, payment is due upon check-in. As was explained, understanding that your Credit card was not working, we would have gladly held your passport/ ID in our safe until such time you were able to make the payment, however you had refused this option. Per your request, you had wanted to reduce your stay from 3 nights to 1, and you were refunded in full without penalty of our 48 hour cancellation policy.

Super clean hostel with extremely friendly and helpful staff. deffinitely staying there again

Place was great! The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Only downside was that, apart from a few organised activities like pub crawls, there was no real atmosphere. No communal area so hard to meet people

Love the free coffee and donuts in the morning! Very clean showers and rooms especially compared to other hostels

Asked the site to show me a date to book, but in the end it got me a wrong date. When I got there, it was within the 48h for cancelartion so they told me I woldn't get my money back. And I also was left without a place to sleep. Lost 70usd. It left a sour taste.

• 20th Apr 2014

Great Hostel in excellent location. Always kept clean, never had to wait for bathroom, and helpful staff. Can't get much better value for money for the central location.

• 19th Apr 2014

Everything about this hostel was great - the location was close to the subway line that runs to most places you would want to got to as a tourist, the staff were really friendly and helpful, the room was really clean and had lockers and a sink in the room. Bathrooms were also great (proper bathrooms - not just a block of cubicles) and cleaned regularly. They offered up free breakfast (doughnuts) every morning and wi-fi was fairly good throughout the building. No complaints at all!

• 19th Apr 2014