New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Small, but clean room. Safe.

I had only a very brief stay, but I thought the facilities were just fine. Shared room, bathrooms on each floor. A little noisy (car noise and sirens) and a little expensive, but there's no way to avoid that in Manhattan. Recommended.

• 19th Sep 2014

We were so pleased with the location, only one block from the subway. The area was very vibrant, lots of shops and restaurants. The hostel was very modern and clean, the staff was very friendly and super helpful. They answered all of our questions and made our trip so much easier. The rooms were clean and nice, the beds and blankets were clean and comfortable as well. The bathrooms were warm and clean and the showers had hot water and great water pressure. Will stay there again!!!

• 19th Sep 2014

Good, plain, and simple accommodations for a visit to NYC. Not too far from Penn Station, and it's easy to access most of the major subway lines.

• 19th Sep 2014

I liked that the staff got to know you and that they were attentive to all the customers ,allowing overtime on computers when no one was waiting for use ,and they would find answers to your needs.The amount of showers and toilets was very good .My one question ,why do the room cleaners have to make your bed every day ? I stayed for 4 days and would have been fine with just fixing my covers for the day and using the same sheets . I like the location alot was easy for planning where to go .

It was a good time and the best is the staff. Always interested in help us. Clean place and good location. Things to emprove, the room 417 very very noisy. The hostel needs more public spaces.

We stayed in a mixed share room with 2 guys ( we are 2 females). The room was very small and cramped. There was no space to put bags. Two in the room would have been plenty. Quite expensive for the size. Linen good. Bathrooms good.

• 17th Sep 2014

It was my first time in NYC and the first time that I stay in a hostal. New York Budget Inn has everything you need. Confortable beds, internet, clean bathrooms. The staff helps you with everything you need. It was an amazing experience!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Venezuela

clean room, beds are comfortable. The streets were under construction during my stay (sep 2014)and the noise was very bad all day all night long. Ear plugs can't even block out all the noises. if noise is your concern, you should check to see if the constructions are done. Other than that, this place is very good for it's price. I would stay here again next time. this is for the hostel, if you install outlets near each bed, it would be so much better. My bed was taken TWICE by other people.

Just perfect! Was my placer staid here!

I was travelling with my daughter and we stayed 4 nights in total. Our room was tiny but immaculately clean with comfortable pillows . It would have saved shared bathroom time if there had been a mirror in the rooms. Clocks battery had stopped but was impressed that there was a clock even! Pity the windows were frosted - would have enjoyed looking out. Bathrooms great, loads of hot water, great showers and very clean - couldnt fault them. Also plenty of bathrooms per floor

• 15th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

At NYBI you get not only value for money but the experience of staying at a hotel where most of your needs as a traveller are met.Very helpful staff willing to go to any length to make your stay a memorable one.

It was so good trip..I liked this hostel so much..Good staff,especially Mr Omar, clean room, excellent location and more..I suggest everybody. .

It's a great hostel with lovely staff. Everything was nice and clean. The only thing its that the rooms are quite small for the price.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

It is well located and both rooms and bathrooms were very good and always clean. In general, the facilities are great for a hostel but the common area is small and the time i was there no activities were organized so may be, if you want to meet people, thats not the place (on the other hand it is quiet at night).

Hi, I had a wonderful time with you during my stay. I definitely would come back. Thank you, David

• Belgium

Very nice clean, well cared room, greaþ shower, clean, well cared. Very friendly personel. We didnt feel muchat home in the common room, the morning-donuts were awful, really! For the rest very nice place

• Couple, 41+

The hostel was nice, and clean. It was nice to have free pizza and karaoke night but would have been nicer if they had a proper communal area to do it in, having it in the reception is not ideal. Also, I think $5 for each bag they store for you is quite expensive. I think in the future I would use a HI hostel as they have all facilities for free. Most people staying in hostels are on a bit of a budget.

• 13th Sep 2014

Thank you for your review. As HI accommodates 10-12 people in a room, we have no more then 4. For that reason they accommodate 667 as we prefer a more intimate setting and located on 34th St. Luggage storage is an option we offer our guests to maximize their remaining time in the city. Most properties do charge as space is limited here in NY Additionally, HI does not allow guests to accept packages and shipments and hold them until guests arrive...we do!!

The hostel is in a great location, just down the street from the Empire State Building. The dorm room, bathrooms, and all facilities were nice and clean. I had a couple crazy roommates, but that is out of the hostels control.

Everything was just good. Nothing to complaшn about.

• 12th Sep 2014