New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Super clean room. Would definitely return. Thank you.

• 7th Mar 2014

The Staff was a bit rude, when we first arrived the person in charge of the check in was talking on the phone, definitelly nothing related to work, and we had to wait 10 minutes till he decided he was ready to work. In addition he was not very polite in telling us the details of the hostel, he basically is a pretty suseless employee. The hostel is very expensive, the staff is not polite and the location is not the best. To the price you booked you have to add the tax that is not included.

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you didn't have an enjoyable stay with us. We will follow up with front desk agent and surely be sure no other guest will ever deal with the way in which you were handled as we pride ourselves on customer service. As you were not properly informed of our property, I'm sure you were not informed of how centrally located you are in manhattan and all the major attraction located steps away from our property.

Friendly staff, clean bedroom and restroom, fast wifi, I would definitely recommend this hostel. I have stayed twice and I would definitely stay more.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Very helpful staff. Bathroom clean and well maintained. I enjoyed my stay.

• 1st Mar 2014

My friend and I stayed here for the weekend. It was our first time exploring the city and we could not have been happier with our choice to stay here. The facilities were clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the location was perfect!!! I will only stay here if I am NYC now. I don't see how anything could be better for the price.

• 28th Feb 2014

We were quite satisfied with New York Budget Inn. The location is very good and the hostel is clean and safe. Only one small thing annoyed us: the cleaning lady kept turning the radiator down so when we would get back to our room in the evening, it was kinda cold. I was having a flu and that didn't help for sure. Anyway, we would come back and definitely recommend this hostel to our friends.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Finland

Very little rooms with only a bed and a locker, but the hostel is very clean and located in the center of Manhattan. There is a breakfast (choice of coffee and chocolate, and donuts) but you have to be in the entrance at 8.00. At 9.00, there is nothing anymore !

• 27th Feb 2014

Thank you for your review. We have many different room types. As you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room, most private rooms include: TV, microwave, refrigerator, sink and a mirror. As we do not offer breakfast, we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts and Coffee on a first come basis.

had a very pleasant stay. very friendly and accommodating staff. we'll come back!

• 26th Feb 2014

Great location reasonably close to a subway station. Place efficient and sparkling clean. Sure there's a bit of traffic noise from the streets outside - but this is Manhattan! Bring earplugs and eyeshades, and you'll be just fine. Bunkbeds are a bit wobbly, so hope the person below isn't tossing & turning all night! no elevator, so be prepared to lug your stuff up some narrow stairs. Front entrance can be a bit difficult to locate, but persevere - it's worth it! It's my new choice for NYC

• 22nd Feb 2014

nice accommodation. but sometimes it depends on stuff how they explain overall. it will be great to explain everything.

Thank you for your review. We do our best to give each of our guests our undivided attentions by assisting them with all of their needs to the best of our ability. Per your review, we aren't sure what you would like us to explain. Please begin with trying to explain your review as we continuously work to better our staff, facility and overall experience.

Decent place to sleep and stash my bags while I was out and about around the city! The staff was very friendly. While the accommodations were sparse, they were clean and functional, which is fine for the price! My one complaint is that the toilets were very tiny- barely usable in a sit-down situation (I'm kind of a big guy but not THAT big). I found another hotel nearby with full-sized toilets in the lobby restroom, though, so I just stopped in there on my way out to take care of business.

• 21st Feb 2014

Just stayed here for a few hours to take a shower and get some sleep before a late night bus ride back home. Would do it again. Staff was very friendly. Bathroom was very clean!

• 21st Feb 2014

In general it was very good! But I would like it more if the staff was more optimistic and encourage us to go out see the city rather than saying it will snow and rain tomorrow... It would be nice to have a lift as well...climbing to the 5th floor with a 23kg luggage is not very convenient.

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Cyprus

Thank you for your review. We are extremely happy you had a very good stay with us. We always try to inform our guests of the current weather in order to assist in planning activities. Please note that our staff is available 24/7 to assist with all luggage knowing that there is no elevator on premises.

Fantastic location, decent value and very friendly staff. The hostel was constantly being cleaned, including our room once a day. As a side note, the communal facilities are very limited and it isn't the most social place if you are looking to meet people.

Great Location of the Budget Inn! Make sure if you book a 3 bed private you get 3 beds in your room rather than a double bed and a single. Other than that great place to stay! Carruso is a great guy behind reception!

• 15th Feb 2014

Thank you for your review. We are pleased the know that you had a great stay with us. As clearly indicated with a picture and a narrative description of our 3 Bed Private Room on our website, Hostelworld and all of our affiliate sites; our 3 Bed Private consists of a twin Bed over a full size bunk bed. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

I highly recommend the New York Budget Inn. Kudos on the free donuts and coffee from Dunkin' Donuts in the morning. My only problem was that the heating pipes were shockingly loud in my room on occasion. It wasn't a constant problem, and the man at the front desk said he would change my room if I wanted. Since it wasn't relentless, I just stayed where I was. I'm sure the staff is fully aware of this issue and deals with it as best as they can. Great location and is exceptionally clean!

Actually booked the room 2 weeks ago but had to postpone my trip due to the snow storm. The kind people at New York Budget Inn allowed us to change the booking to a week later at no extra charge! Checked in at 2pm on the 21st of Feb and I was immediately impressed by the genuine warmth of the staff and the cleanliness of the room. We had the bunk beds which came with a microwave and fridge, tv, sink and lockers. There were 3 bathrooms every floor with additional 2 toilets. Highly recommended!

Staff were very friendly. Location was great. Rooms were very small but clean. good place to stay if you are on a budget.

• 14th Feb 2014

Shower didn't have any warm water on our last day. They wrote a note with their apologies, but this didn't help us much.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your review. We were upgrading our hot water boiler. The work started at 4am and was completed by 7am. We apoligize for the inconvenience

Everything here is really cool! Especially staff, so funny, enthusiastic and hospitable! I very enjoyed my time there, but just a little thing made it not so perfect, I left my shampoo in restroom at night, the second morning it was gone...Apart from that, highly recommend!

Thank you for your review. We are very happy you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our maintenance and housekeeping staff are constantly cleaning and maintaining a high level of cleanliness throughout our facility and most importantly in our shared bathrooms. We hold everyones left over soap and shampoo for 5 days left in our shared bathrooms in the event to reclaim it unless it is empty. Thank you for recommending us and spreading the good word.