New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great secure hostel in an awesome location. Very busy place. Feels more like a hotel with the setup having key cards to get into each room and not much of any common room to hand out in but it what can you do in New York. Again the location was awesome and easy to walk to empire st bulding and time square. Real easy to get to JFK with the subway and airtrain. Don't expect to meet many other people outside of your roommates. More of a place to stay while exploring New York

Thank you for your review. Inorder to ensure maximum security and safety, our entire facility requires a proximity key card. From the street entrance, to the lobby door just past our front desk and the room door. As Manhattan is tight on space, we offer a variety of activities for guests to meet other fellow travelers. From our walking tours, pub crawls, pizza and karaoke parties, movie nights, game nights and others are all ways to meet other guests.

The hostel was a lovely place to stay, the staff were very friendly and gave us loads of advice as to where to go and much more. The free hot chocolate in the morning was a lovely touch. The hostel was very clean and we really appreciated the bed tuning every day which was unexpected, although my shopping bag did go missing from my room I would very much recommend this hostel to everyone, and return myself.

• 25th Mar 2014

I've stayed in many hostels around the world and this place is one of the best ones. Staff were very friendly and helpful

This is a fantastic place to stay. Very secure and impeccably clean (it seems they they were cleaning morning, noon, and night, which is never a bad thing!). The staff is very helpful and the location is within a five minute walk to the metro. I've stayed in many hostels and this is certainly one of the very best! We will definitely return!

One of the best hostel I've ever been!

Good enough place and central location, just not the best place to meet other travelers when going solo

This is a great place to stay.. I arrived had no problems checking in room are clean and staff is very helpful

• 22nd Mar 2014

The only complaint I would have is the lack of bathrooms. Even though there are four on each floor, every time I would go to use one during the morning/evening, they would all be full. Not really anything you can probably do, but that was the only problem we had during our stay. Thanks for everything, it was fantastic!

Nice place, very central. I will stay here again.

Would definitely come back again. Two thumbs up!!

Loved my stay and would recommend it to anyone I know !

• 19th Mar 2014

The staff was super friendly and they kept the bathrooms on the floors as clean as they could by cleaning them up to 5 times per day. Our bedroom for two was VERY small, equipped with a bunk bed, two lockers and a tv on the wall. A bit more space would have been neat. Wi-fi reception was perfect except for two days when it was entirely down. I would totally recommend this hostel and would always choose to stay there again.

• 19th Mar 2014

A very nice place with a very friendly staff. I felt safe, was in walking distance to a good deal of things and close to a subway station as well. I would stay here again.

• 19th Mar 2014

Apart from the slightly slow check-in (dude seemed tired), cannot fault a single thing about this hostel. It was always spotlessly clean, friendly, bright with plenty of fresh bathrooms and lockers for everyone - it was never a struggle or a worry to get going in the morning. The wifi, while patchy, was very welcome and it's difficult to fault being on the same street as the Empire State Building for just a few bucks a night! Watch out for the tax & the $5 per bag storage charge after checkout.

• 18th Mar 2014

Was awesome, for that price and it is the center of the City Manhatten) you can do everything bey feet ;) Lovely Staff and it was like if you stayed in an Hotel. I would always stay again in this Hostel. regards, nina

• 18th Mar 2014

Thank you for your review. It was great having you stay with us!!

I found the staff friendly and helpful. They moved me to another, much better, room when I explained that the website lead visitors to expect a fridge in all the rooms and my single room did not have one. The bathrooms are close to the rooms and clean. Coffee and donuts in the morning was a welcome surprise.

Thank you for your message. Please note that non of our basic rooms include refrigorators but do include: air conditioners, fans, tv and free lockers. All of our other rooms include all of the above plus: Sink, mirror, desk, lamp, fridge and microwave,

Great location close to bars, restaurants and only a short walk from the subway and empire state building.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Very noisy from the street noise but great clean, comfortable accommodation inside.

• 15th Mar 2014

Great location. Short walk to subway and empire state, close to restaurants and bars. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fridge in room was handy as there's no kitchen. I would stay here again.

PORITIVE Friendly staff!!! The hostel provide for free a personal kit with shampoo/conditioner/slippers. In the nearby there are some little cheap restaurant. Free water dispenser. NEGATIVE No elevator! Room a bit cold, insuite bathroom super cold (no possibility to adjust the heating in room). Nearly no breakfast included and no space to eat it (only 1 cup of coffe OR 1 cup of chocolate and 3 donuts hole per person! Attention!! if you arrive late, you will find anyting left!!!)

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your room being cold. We have reviewed your account and at no time was any if our staff members made aware of the cold you were experiencing. If we had known we would have gladly adjusted the heat in your room. Please note that we do not offer a complimentary breakfast. We offer Dunkin Donuts & Coffee on a first come basis.