New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was kept clean and had plenty of space to keep my things, even refrigerated items. The A/C worked like a charm, and I felt *very* safe. Definitely got my money's worth. Also, I loved that my roommates were from other countries, all very nice girls. The only thing I felt needed improvement was the shared bathrooms. They were kept clean, but they were cramped and I had nowhere to sit except the toilet. I wished I had a chair or something.

• 28th Jun 2014

It was very inconvenient that I had to carry alone my heavy luggage to the upstairs. But I was amazed by how clean the hostel was!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Hungary

Thank you for your review. We are always available and try our best to be prompt to helping guests with their luggage. We will work harder at this!!

Our room faced onto the street and it was very loud on Saturday night in particular.

Great location close to the Empire State. Was very disappointed with the extra charge for luggage storage. We checked out at 9 for an airport transfer at 11am. Wanted to look around NYC once more for an hour or so and got charged once more for luggage storage at 5$ per piece?? Never stayed in a hostel before that did that

• 27th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review. We wish we had the facility to accommodate all of our guests luggage who request of us to hold their bags for a short while to maximize their remaining time in the city. Unfortunately, Manhattan is very tight on space. Please note that checkout is at 11am, you could have easily left your items in your room until you had returned.

THESE PEOPLE MADE US FEEL LIKE A 5 STAR HOTEL, VERY ATTENTIVE. GREAT PEOPLE, VERY KIND, VERY PROFESSIONAL I really dont like sharing the restroom but this place was so good this didnt really bother me, lol.

The Hostel was really okay - loud because it is laid near to a busy street but that`s no problem. I advice everybody to bring earplugs. In front of the hostel is a busstation! I did not like that we first booked a room with private bathroom in the internet and we did not get our own bathroom but a shared one. I was talking with the receptionist and he was totally uncooperative and did not make us happy in the end. Absolutely no go!!!! If he would have been smart he gave us a little money back...

• 26th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review. As you re well aware, you had reserved our Standard Twin Private Room. As clearly described on our website and all affiliate site, this room has a shared bathroom. We appreciate you staying with us for the 8 nights. You had threatened our staff with regards to this review demanding a 50% discount for your entire stay- Not nice! Our Front Desk receptionist did give yo a complimentary luggage storage for all of your bags.

the cleanest hostel I've been to. great location. nice staff.

Rooms are very small and air conditioning nearest the bed. But very clean, staff very ftiendly, bathrooms clean at anytime and situated in the middle of NY. Necessary to sleep with taps! Was a nice syay!!!

• 25th Jun 2014

Very good location.. Only drawback was the breakfast.. Otherwise, the stay was perfect..

Fantastic hostel. Great location with comfortable beds and clean facilities! Rodney in special made my stay an even greater pleasure. In a city like nyc this is the kind of hostel that makes you feel at home.

• 25th Jun 2014

We had such a great time at the New York Budget Inn, the staff were very friendly and helpful, it was very secure, a fantastic location-you can walk everywhere in manhatten from the hostel. Also the free pizza and karaoke was great fun, I don't think we could have found anywhere better to stay in New York.

• 24th Jun 2014

Great Place to stay The staff at the desk are great Very helpful and friendly Thank you to them all

• 24th Jun 2014

the best solution to stay in New York.

The facility is clean and new. But they don't provide any breakfast and the stairs are really steep.

Thank you for your review. As we do not serve breakfast, we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee and Donuts.

Perfect location. Literally 5 minutes walk to Empire State Building. The rooms are clean and that staff is doing their best to keep the place clean. Karaoke and Pizza party on Sunday and Tuesdays! The only disadvantage is that it does not have a big common area where solo travellers can meet and socialize. Apart from this, it is very good.

I was very pleased with my stay at this hostel. The only thing lacking was a more substantial breakfast. Perhaps they could offer fresh fruit in addition to donuts and coffee.

This hostel really surprised me. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean, had a TV and air conditioning, there were free pizza evenings, Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and I saw the bathrooms being cleaned about 4 times everyday! The shower/restroom facilities were very good and I had a very comfortable stay. It's in the Murray Hill area - about 10/15 mins walk from Times Squarea and easily accessible from the 33rd street subway station. Great place to stay in NYC on a budget!

Will definitely stay here again when I go back to new York..

When I arrived at the hotel the staff were very nice and polite. However one member of staff named Corey was very rude to me. Whilst asking a question when I told him I didn't understand something he was saying he would just repeat it shouting. He was very blunt, moody and slightly aggressive. The room was nice with good facilities. The toilets were standard and clean but very far from the room. It's located on a busy road, I had a jack hammer keep me up all night and constant reving of car engi

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thank you for your review. Regarding our staff, we will definitely address this issue. We apologize for the road work being conducted, however manhattan is a busy 24 hour city. Please note that we do offer complimentary ear plugs for guests.

Very poor soundproofing. Had to sleep all night with AC on so that the fan noise would cancel out the noise made by people talking, shutting doors or using the hallways and stairs. Very small room without window / natural light, felt like I was sleeping on a basement / storeroom.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the noise other guests may have caused. Please note that we have many different room types to choose from. Each room in our facility has a window, however you had reserved our most inexpensive room, our Basic Twin Private Room. The room type has a shaft window.