New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I will definitely stay at this hostel again! It was conveniently located in the city and safe, and it was exactly what we were looking for: a room to sleep in. And the mattress was comfy! The bathroom and showers were very clean, which is a huge plus for me. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint is, I wish there was a mirror in the room we stayed in.

Very helpful staff!!

• 7th Apr 2014

Clean, tidy, felt safe, great location and staff helpful. No complaints and would stay back there 😊

• 6th Apr 2014

why is this hostel so high rated?, i don't recommend it. is so umcomfortable, the rooms are soo tiny, the lockers also so small, the charge you an extra money for the towell, and also if you want to leave your stuff for a little while they charge u an extra too. The breakfast,,, probably u wont catch anything (and its very poor). The worst of all are the beds,,,,, you cant even sit because the bunk beds are so LOW!!. Good points: its clean, and well located. BUT the money u pay doesnt worth it

Thank you for your review. We have many room types to choose from and most guests appreciate our complimentary: shampoo, soap, conditioner, slippers, free lockers, free wifi, free computers. We do take a $5.00 deposits for towels and key cards however it is refunded upon checkout. Additionally, we have complimentary pizza and karaoke parties, movie nights... Most properties do not offer daily housekeeping and free linen and bottle refilling stations....

Cost more than it tasts, even with the great location. Money grinders, like some other hostels they are all about money making and not about service. You have to eat, but those two should go hand in hand in my book.

Thank you for your review. As stipulated on our website and all affiliated sites, taxes are not included. Please note that that service is our priority including security, cleanliness and a great atmosphere at a great value. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, slippers, free wifi, complimentary coffee and donuts, free pizza are just some ways we give back to our guests....with us, it's not just all about the money!!

Stayed for two nights in a private room which was very clean and well organized. Would of been nice if there was more common space so that you didn't have to sit in your room when you were back at the hostel.

• 4th Apr 2014

the new York budget inn is in the middle town .that's a very good place,near all the subways and near the empire state building.The rooms are little but it's just for sleep.

• 3rd Apr 2014

A little crammed but not bad for a cheap place to stay in NYC

• 1st Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

It was my first time in a hostel and I had a great time. The staff is really friendly and the location amazing. After long walks around the city, going back to the hostel with a view of the Empire State and the Chrysler Building is the best you can ask for.

• 31st Mar 2014

The best hostel I've been too. Staff were so great and it was clean and nice. It was also really central.

• Norway

The staff were warm, welcoming and continually helpful. The rooms are comfortable, if a little small (but it's NYC, what more can you expect?) and the location is convenient. The hostel is great for all types of travellers, and there are activities for everyone to get involved in. I'll definitely be coming back!

great place to stay in NWE YORK

• 31st Mar 2014

I like the location and friendly staff. It is a little bit noisy at night because it is in Manhattan. The heating system is not great. I felt cold because the spring came late this year in NYC.

• 30th Mar 2014

Thank you for your review. We have reviewed your reservation and noticed we were not informed of the temperature complaint you had experienced in your room. We wish we would have known so we could have fixed it for you.

This was a good place to stay since i was there to meet up with friends but if I didn't know anyone in NYC it would have been hard to meet people. No common area at all! Just the reception area. I met people in my room who were cool but this isn't a hostel, it's a hotel where you share a room. The staff are super nice and even let me change rooms to get away from a snoring guy. Bad side is no kitchen or common area. Security was great and everything was nice and clean. I'd stay here again.

Thank you for your review. As space is very limited in Manhattan, we offer a variety of activities to meet fellow travelers: pizza and karaoke parties, game night, movie nights, pub crawls, walking tours... As we do not have a kitchen area in our facility, all rooms excluding our Basic Twin Private Rooms all have: Refrigorators, microwaves and sinks.

Clean, clean and clean ! Free Dunkin' Donuts coffee or hot chocolat + munchkin's free at 8h00. the wifi work really welll and everywhere in the building. You can fill your bottle of water at the free filling station. There is no comon area but they have small fridge and microwave in the room. 25 of walking from Porth Authorithy (Bus Terminal)

Great hostel, extremely helpful staff. The beds were incredibly comfortable! Everything was clean and kept up. Had that chance to meet the owner, such a great guy who really seemed to love his job and the people staying there. Fresh coffee and donuts in the morning, yummy. Over all a wonderful place and would go back!

• 26th Mar 2014

Great secure hostel in an awesome location. Very busy place. Feels more like a hotel with the setup having key cards to get into each room and not much of any common room to hand out in but it what can you do in New York. Again the location was awesome and easy to walk to empire st bulding and time square. Real easy to get to JFK with the subway and airtrain. Don't expect to meet many other people outside of your roommates. More of a place to stay while exploring New York

Thank you for your review. Inorder to ensure maximum security and safety, our entire facility requires a proximity key card. From the street entrance, to the lobby door just past our front desk and the room door. As Manhattan is tight on space, we offer a variety of activities for guests to meet other fellow travelers. From our walking tours, pub crawls, pizza and karaoke parties, movie nights, game nights and others are all ways to meet other guests.

The hostel was a lovely place to stay, the staff were very friendly and gave us loads of advice as to where to go and much more. The free hot chocolate in the morning was a lovely touch. The hostel was very clean and we really appreciated the bed tuning every day which was unexpected, although my shopping bag did go missing from my room I would very much recommend this hostel to everyone, and return myself.

• 25th Mar 2014

I've stayed in many hostels around the world and this place is one of the best ones. Staff were very friendly and helpful

This is a fantastic place to stay. Very secure and impeccably clean (it seems they they were cleaning morning, noon, and night, which is never a bad thing!). The staff is very helpful and the location is within a five minute walk to the metro. I've stayed in many hostels and this is certainly one of the very best! We will definitely return!