New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Loved staying here. Hard to beat the price in the heart of Manhattan. Only 2 things that made it less than perfect was 1) not especially close to subway lines (though admittedly very doable) and 2) the room window was entirely blacked by the building next door. Probably just for some sort of esthetics.

Wonderful stay. Our first time as non-students in a hostel all we were pleasantly surprised. A friendly atmosphere with plenty of character. The only downside (literally!) was a slightly sloping on one side double bed which meant we rolled into the middle a bit. Apart from that great. Coffee and doughnut bites and pizza nights a welcoming touch. Thank you!

• 7th Feb 2015

Great, great hostel. The lobby staff was not as friendly as I thought they would be, but they were just okay. The location was great, only a few blocks from the Empire State and 15/20min away walking from Times Square. Free coffee, doughnuts and sometimes pizza. AMAZING. It always was super clean, bathrooms, bedrooms, everything. Highly recommend this place :) Just one thing. The heater in room 517 was leaking, I told the staff but the problem was never solved.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Locker isn't big enough for a big pack. Showers are cleanest I've ever used. Sometimes the pipes rattle and the windows let noise in. I slept well and easily though. Dunkin' Donuts in the morning are great. Lock they sell kind of sucks but it works. Location is out of this world perfect. Between Brooklyn and Harlem and Downtown. I had a great experience.

This is a wonderful place - safe, very clean, quiet, and cheap for Manhattan. I stayed in a dorm with two other males; it is a bit awkward extricating oneself from the bunk-bed in the early hours of the morning, but that is to be expected. I am planning on going here whenever I'm next in New York.

• 4th Feb 2015

Great value given its excellent location. The facilities are basic but fair for the price. The decor is nice and the coffee and donuts in the morning are a nice touch. I recommend this hostel to all my friends who are looking to stretch their budget for spending money over accommodation in particular. I was a female travelling in New York alone and felt safe at all hours.

• 3rd Feb 2015