New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The hostel was very clean, in a convenient location, and the staff were pleasant. I definitely plan to stay here again.

• 12th Apr 2014

Awesome! Next to Empire State Building. Karaoke & free Pizza every friday & sunday, free coffee & donuts every mourning! TV, air condition & microwave in the room - Whereever you gonna find this, midtown Manhattan?

small, but very clean great atmosphere, you get to know a lot of people from all over the world really nice staff!!!

• 10th Apr 2014

I love this place! I was traveling by my self and stayed 5 days at this hostel. The place is clean, nice and have a great location. The staff is more than great. Very sweet and fun people. that differently do everything for you have a great stay. The place you can hang out close to the reception is small, which did that you got to talk to everybody and we just said and hanged out and drink some beers. And I loved the harlem-guy with the coffee and the sweets in the morning..

• Denmark

Great location and very friendly staff. Be aware they do not have an elevator, but the staff did carry my very heavy suitcase all the way up to the 5th floor!!

• 10th Apr 2014

There are so many extra fees. Bring a towel.

• 10th Apr 2014

I think it's a bit ridiculous that you have to pay $5 for baggage storage, but other than that, no complaints. I like that they had a filtered water fountain for refilling my water bottle, and I love the free candy in the lobby. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your review. Please note that luggage storage is an option we offer our guests for a convenience. We offer this option for guests who want to maximize their remaining time in the city after checkout without having the need to drag their luggage with them before their flight back home.

SUPER!!! Room a little too small, but no view or "real Windows" for mine:( Super share bathroom. very Nice staff

• 10th Apr 2014

Thank you for your review. As we have many variety of room types, you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room. Our most basic and economic room in NYC! Please visit our website for actual pictures of all of our room types.

Everything was excellent, the only problem was because the window in our room was not possible to open. Room n. 414.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

Excellent location, very clean. The man who checkt us in wasn't very friendly, but the rest of the staff was. The room had a small fridge, a microwave, a small tv, a sink and lockers. The only complaint i would haven is that the room had a bad smell (like feet), and the showers didn't always work well (i guess during peak moments)

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Room smells.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Russia

Thank you for your message. Please note that we deodorize and vacume our rooms daily. Unfortunately we can not control the oder of other guests as you had stayed in a shared room.

$60 per night for a dorm room as far too much for what you get. No kitchen or common areas at all, and the breakfast wasn't great. Very clean and in a great location in midtown. And for some reason, my room swipe card could open other rooms. But you'll get a decent night's sleep.

Thank you for your review. Our rates are very competitive with other properties in NY considering we are located in the City. As we do not have a kitchen we do have a refrigorators and microwaves in most rooms. Please note that we do not offer breakfast, however we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts and coffee! Our rooms are accessed with programed proximity key cards, it is impossible to gain access with out or other room key cards!!

The staff is very helpfull, and they're nice also. The bathroom/restroom are cleaned at least 3 times a day. The only thing missing in my room was a mirror

I will definitely stay at this hostel again! It was conveniently located in the city and safe, and it was exactly what we were looking for: a room to sleep in. And the mattress was comfy! The bathroom and showers were very clean, which is a huge plus for me. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint is, I wish there was a mirror in the room we stayed in.

Very helpful staff!!

• 7th Apr 2014

Clean, tidy, felt safe, great location and staff helpful. No complaints and would stay back there 😊

• 6th Apr 2014

why is this hostel so high rated?, i don't recommend it. is so umcomfortable, the rooms are soo tiny, the lockers also so small, the charge you an extra money for the towell, and also if you want to leave your stuff for a little while they charge u an extra too. The breakfast,,, probably u wont catch anything (and its very poor). The worst of all are the beds,,,,, you cant even sit because the bunk beds are so LOW!!. Good points: its clean, and well located. BUT the money u pay doesnt worth it

Thank you for your review. We have many room types to choose from and most guests appreciate our complimentary: shampoo, soap, conditioner, slippers, free lockers, free wifi, free computers. We do take a $5.00 deposits for towels and key cards however it is refunded upon checkout. Additionally, we have complimentary pizza and karaoke parties, movie nights... Most properties do not offer daily housekeeping and free linen and bottle refilling stations....

Cost more than it tasts, even with the great location. Money grinders, like some other hostels they are all about money making and not about service. You have to eat, but those two should go hand in hand in my book.

Thank you for your review. As stipulated on our website and all affiliated sites, taxes are not included. Please note that that service is our priority including security, cleanliness and a great atmosphere at a great value. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, slippers, free wifi, complimentary coffee and donuts, free pizza are just some ways we give back to our guests....with us, it's not just all about the money!!

Stayed for two nights in a private room which was very clean and well organized. Would of been nice if there was more common space so that you didn't have to sit in your room when you were back at the hostel.

• 4th Apr 2014

the new York budget inn is in the middle town .that's a very good place,near all the subways and near the empire state building.The rooms are little but it's just for sleep.

• 3rd Apr 2014