New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

This place was amazing to stay at! The location was perfect (away from the tourist trap) has a really nice shisha lounge next door called Bablyon and bars across the street which are also value for money. Absolutely loved the staff who were so friendly and helpful. They have free wifi and computers to use and allow you to print things at a cheap cost. The hostel was very secure as I as alone. Would definitely give this 5 stars and will be going back here rather than the hotel I stayed in!

• 7th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to having you back!!

What a lovely place to stay in manhattan. The staff were welcoming as soon as I reached the front door and through out my entire experience. I will definitely want to stay here again.

• 6th Jul 2014

The room was very clean and so were the bathrooms. There were 2 bathrooms on the floor and they got cleaned every day. The room was a bit small though for 3 people though. The location was perfect and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They do offer breakfast but not a decent one, which was disappointing. Just some munchkins and some coffee from Dunkin Donuts on a table right beside the front door (and it was gone fast).

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Very small, but clean rooms. Great location and very easy to get everywhere we wanted to go

• 5th Jul 2014

Awesome staff, awesome location, awesome price, the place was very clean and the room was WAY beyond my expectations! No doubt will this be the very first place I will look up when planning my future trips to NYC!

• 5th Jul 2014

Thank you so much!

I've stayed in many hostels around the USA and this is easily the best I have stayed in. The location is brilliant with a short walk to the Empire State Building and the subway. All the staff are very helpful and the rooms are cleaned daily. I highly recommend the 99 cent pizza place across the street. Loved my stay here and would definitely recommend it.

Thank you for your review! We are so humbled!!

Everything about this hostel was great. The lcoation was really good and me and my friends found it easy to get to most places. Very good value for money and we had our own room (3people) which was great. As well as this, there was a fridge and microwave in place. The only down side that I saw was that we had to leave a $5 deposit for towels and a key card each. However we did receive this back at the end of our stay.

Thank you for your review!

I am 53 and i stayed here for 9 days total and this was my first time staying in a hostel. You go out all day and when you get back it's like being home. The location is fantastic so easy to walk to the heart and Empire State is two blocks away. The cleanliness of this hostel is above excellent and your room is serviced daily. I have stayed in a few now and nothing comes close. The staff are amazing special thanks to Rodney and the boys for all there help. Wish I could take this hostel with me

The rooms are pretty small for a four bed room - storage options are also pretty limited due to space. The rooms were very clean, housekeeping makes up your bed everyday and the bathrooms are always so clean. I was able to check in at noon rather than waiting around until 3pm which was great so I didn't have to pay to store my luggage. The only disappointment was the size of the rooms and no common area to meet other people staying in the hostel.

Location of hostel great and it's well maintained however considering how expensive it is for a room it really disappointed. Stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm that was so small there was barely enough room for us all to be in at same time, no real common area to meet people and you get charged to store luggage which I've never seen before even in a hotel. Atmosphere poor, reception staff ok but seemed disinterested. Best thing was how comfortable the beds were. Not worth the money in my opinion

Thank you for your review. Expensive is all relative. We are similarly priced as properties that aren't located in Manhattan. Yes, manhattan is a bit tighter and for that reason we are limited to space for a larger common area and need to charge a luggage storage fee as there is just not enough space to accommodate everyone's bags as much as we would love to. We are glad you found our beds comfortable.

It was the first time that I stayed in a hostel outside (Brazil) my country and the experience was amaizing! The location of the property is excelent, the staff is very friendlly and helpful. Thank you só much for everything Cory, Lorena and Daniel :)

Wasn't impressed with the very small room. Also the hidden fees upon check in were a nasty surprise. Amount due was different to the 'balance due' in the email and they had covered their ass in the small print. I also found it annoying how they had a sign at the premises that said "give us a good rating and you could win free stuff" I feel this defeats the purpose of rating systems. Showers needed attention

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review. Manhattan tends to be very tight, however upon making your reservation, please note that it clearly states: TAXES ARE NOT INCLUDED. Additionally, the sign reads that "if". We encourage our guests to leave reviews. We offer monthly prize and an annual prize of a free flight and 3nights stay with us, subject to availability.. We noticed you had another reservation to stay with us in September, we will email you to find out if you plan on keeping the reservation.

Everything was great except for the bathroom was pretty hot for the summer and no windows in the room.

• 2nd Jul 2014

very clean with very good location and staff were very friendly, bed frames are very cheap, the first room we stayed in(we stayed in four different rooms due to how busy the place is) had a sharp shard of metal sticking out of the bed which caught my jeans as I climbed from the top bunk, in the next room the ladder broke as I was climbing down from the top bunk and I fell on the floor, I brought this to reception with the bar in my hand and wasn't even asked if I was ok!!!

• 1st Jul 2014

This hostel was new and clean, felt very safe and the rooms where quite big. Was in a great spot too. Only thing is that there wasn't much of a common area, so not to easy to meet people if traveling on your own. There is no kitchen either so you can't cook if staying for a while. Would still stay again if for a short stay.

Staff were cheerful and helpful. Anytime i had a question or issue they did their best to help straight away. Location was perfect. Really enjoyed my stay and would stay again

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Totally good but out side very noise

Thank you for your review. Our windows are double pane glass however NYC can be very noisy. We do offer complimentary ear plugs for all of our guests.

Great location, more value for your money. Upon checking in, you pay $5.00 deposit which you will get back after checking out. The hostel desk clerk give you a card key, a clean towel, Shampoo, hair conditioner, a small round bar of soap, and a pair of slippers in a plastic bag. There is karaoke party free slice of pizza with soft drink 2 nights a week. Free coffee, hot chocolate and donut holes every morning. I will stay again. My home away from home.

All staff are very welcoming and helpful. This hostel is located in the heart of midtown walking distance to the Empire State Building and many other attractions. The bathrooms were cleaned multiple times each day. It is only four people to a room including a room fridge and microwave. Yes you can eat in the rooms and your own large lockers available in the room as well. Coffee was provided every morning and they had other events running as well. Fantastic stay. Thank you

• 28th Jun 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed in! Great location, very friendly staff, extremely clean! Very good value for money especially with the extras they provide