New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

I found the staff friendly and helpful. They moved me to another, much better, room when I explained that the website lead visitors to expect a fridge in all the rooms and my single room did not have one. The bathrooms are close to the rooms and clean. Coffee and donuts in the morning was a welcome surprise.

Thank you for your message. Please note that non of our basic rooms include refrigorators but do include: air conditioners, fans, tv and free lockers. All of our other rooms include all of the above plus: Sink, mirror, desk, lamp, fridge and microwave,

Great location close to bars, restaurants and only a short walk from the subway and empire state building.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Very noisy from the street noise but great clean, comfortable accommodation inside.

• 15th Mar 2014

Great location. Short walk to subway and empire state, close to restaurants and bars. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fridge in room was handy as there's no kitchen. I would stay here again.

PORITIVE Friendly staff!!! The hostel provide for free a personal kit with shampoo/conditioner/slippers. In the nearby there are some little cheap restaurant. Free water dispenser. NEGATIVE No elevator! Room a bit cold, insuite bathroom super cold (no possibility to adjust the heating in room). Nearly no breakfast included and no space to eat it (only 1 cup of coffe OR 1 cup of chocolate and 3 donuts hole per person! Attention!! if you arrive late, you will find anyting left!!!)

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your room being cold. We have reviewed your account and at no time was any if our staff members made aware of the cold you were experiencing. If we had known we would have gladly adjusted the heat in your room. Please note that we do not offer a complimentary breakfast. We offer Dunkin Donuts & Coffee on a first come basis.

Location and staff were great ! I would certainly come back to Budget Inn when I'll come back to NY. The only thing I didn't like was that they charge you for luggage storage when check out. For the price I paid I would have expected to have this service for free.

• 14th Mar 2014

Pros: Great location, walking distance from Empire State Building and Penn Station. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable, staff are helpful enough. Cons: The hostel doesn't have a large common area so it's not ideal to meet people, there isn't much of a social vibe either.

Thank you for your review. As space is very limited here in Manhattan, we offer many activities in our property and outside. Our in house activities include karaoke, pizza parties, movie nigh, game night- all are great opportunities to meet other guests. Outside Activities include walking tours (almost daily) & Pub crawls.

It is in a great location and perfect to base yourself and get out to see NY. Not much of a soc ial area (altho I ddint do the planned activities either). I found only 1-2 staff a bit hard to approach (I would maybe suggest smile) which was a bit off putting, but once I did all were very helpful. The bathrooms are a good size, but watch out for a massive queue up at 7/8am as there are not many. It is a good hostel to use as a base and in a great location.

Highly recommended!

• 10th Mar 2014

Absolutely brilliant. Great value for money. Very secure and very clean. Their location is only a 10 minute walk to the Empire State Building and 5 minutes to the nearest subway station. Staff go out of their way to be very helpful. Had a private double bed with shared bathrooms. Heaps of separate bathrooms down the hallway and over 10 days there was always one available. All the separate costs (taxes etc) are clearly explained on the website. Will be back and telling all my mates about them.

• 9th Mar 2014

Disadvantages: Sometimes it was very noisy during the night. The single room is tiny but clean and with lockers.

• 9th Mar 2014

Thank you for your review. We have many different room types. As you had reserved our Basic Single Private Room, most private rooms include: TV, microwave, refrigerator, sink and a mirror.

I love the location of the Budget Inn and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Also, the hostel itself is clean and the rooms are neat. After booking my stay I got a mail which told me how much I was supposed to pay at my arrival. Unfortunately this mail didn´t list some other fees that I had to pay, so I was confused that I paid almost 10$ more than it said before..

Thank you for your review! Please note that on your confirmation email and when you originally made your reservation, it clearly indicates that Taxes are not included. We apologized you missed it. Please feel free to contact our reservations department to further explain: Info@newyorkbudgetinn.com

Super clean room. Would definitely return. Thank you.

• 7th Mar 2014

The Staff was a bit rude, when we first arrived the person in charge of the check in was talking on the phone, definitelly nothing related to work, and we had to wait 10 minutes till he decided he was ready to work. In addition he was not very polite in telling us the details of the hostel, he basically is a pretty suseless employee. The hostel is very expensive, the staff is not polite and the location is not the best. To the price you booked you have to add the tax that is not included.

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you didn't have an enjoyable stay with us. We will follow up with front desk agent and surely be sure no other guest will ever deal with the way in which you were handled as we pride ourselves on customer service. As you were not properly informed of our property, I'm sure you were not informed of how centrally located you are in manhattan and all the major attraction located steps away from our property.

Friendly staff, clean bedroom and restroom, fast wifi, I would definitely recommend this hostel. I have stayed twice and I would definitely stay more.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Very helpful staff. Bathroom clean and well maintained. I enjoyed my stay.

• 1st Mar 2014

My friend and I stayed here for the weekend. It was our first time exploring the city and we could not have been happier with our choice to stay here. The facilities were clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the location was perfect!!! I will only stay here if I am NYC now. I don't see how anything could be better for the price.

• 28th Feb 2014

We were quite satisfied with New York Budget Inn. The location is very good and the hostel is clean and safe. Only one small thing annoyed us: the cleaning lady kept turning the radiator down so when we would get back to our room in the evening, it was kinda cold. I was having a flu and that didn't help for sure. Anyway, we would come back and definitely recommend this hostel to our friends.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Finland

Very little rooms with only a bed and a locker, but the hostel is very clean and located in the center of Manhattan. There is a breakfast (choice of coffee and chocolate, and donuts) but you have to be in the entrance at 8.00. At 9.00, there is nothing anymore !

• 27th Feb 2014

Thank you for your review. We have many different room types. As you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room, most private rooms include: TV, microwave, refrigerator, sink and a mirror. As we do not offer breakfast, we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts and Coffee on a first come basis.

had a very pleasant stay. very friendly and accommodating staff. we'll come back!

• 26th Feb 2014