New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

They do everything possible to make this accommodation be the best in its class.

All my positive comments are in the box below. The only negative is that I wish there was a larger common room to hang out in.

• 13th Feb 2015

So hard to find clean places and this is one of them. Hats off to the staff for cleanliness here. Will stay again

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay, near from mid town, this is the place. They deliver what they promisses and thats it. cleanliness is ok. There are no lifts so if you happens to get a room on the higher levels you'll have to carry your luggages by yourself. Afterall review is average.

Thank you for your review. We strive to be a whole lot more then average. As we so not have an elevator in our facility, our staff are always available to assist with luggage. We hope you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Too much noisy at night. I was fine because I am not sensitive person, But, some of my roommates had a trouble falling in sleep.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you for your review. We are happy you were able to sleep. NYC does tend to be a noisy city as it is a 24 hour city.

Loved staying here. Hard to beat the price in the heart of Manhattan. Only 2 things that made it less than perfect was 1) not especially close to subway lines (though admittedly very doable) and 2) the room window was entirely blacked by the building next door. Probably just for some sort of esthetics.

Wonderful stay. Our first time as non-students in a hostel all we were pleasantly surprised. A friendly atmosphere with plenty of character. The only downside (literally!) was a slightly sloping on one side double bed which meant we rolled into the middle a bit. Apart from that great. Coffee and doughnut bites and pizza nights a welcoming touch. Thank you!

• 7th Feb 2015

Great, great hostel. The lobby staff was not as friendly as I thought they would be, but they were just okay. The location was great, only a few blocks from the Empire State and 15/20min away walking from Times Square. Free coffee, doughnuts and sometimes pizza. AMAZING. It always was super clean, bathrooms, bedrooms, everything. Highly recommend this place :) Just one thing. The heater in room 517 was leaking, I told the staff but the problem was never solved.

Locker isn't big enough for a big pack. Showers are cleanest I've ever used. Sometimes the pipes rattle and the windows let noise in. I slept well and easily though. Dunkin' Donuts in the morning are great. Lock they sell kind of sucks but it works. Location is out of this world perfect. Between Brooklyn and Harlem and Downtown. I had a great experience.

This is a wonderful place - safe, very clean, quiet, and cheap for Manhattan. I stayed in a dorm with two other males; it is a bit awkward extricating oneself from the bunk-bed in the early hours of the morning, but that is to be expected. I am planning on going here whenever I'm next in New York.

• 4th Feb 2015

Great value given its excellent location. The facilities are basic but fair for the price. The decor is nice and the coffee and donuts in the morning are a nice touch. I recommend this hostel to all my friends who are looking to stretch their budget for spending money over accommodation in particular. I was a female travelling in New York alone and felt safe at all hours.

• 3rd Feb 2015

It was a pleasure staying there and ther girls working the front desk Friday the 30th in the afternoon were very nice friendly helpful and welcoming! I shall return again when I come back to NYC for my Musician Showcase! Ill be sure to give them some tickets to see the event! Thanks again. See you soon!!! Sincerely Connor Travì Dube My music: reverbnation.com/CONNORDUBE

• 30th Jan 2015

Everything was great except the fact that I am on the 5th floor and I can still hear the loud traffic. It kept me up all night. Also, they charged for towels. Also, bring your own lock for the locker.

• 29th Jan 2015

Thank you for your review! NYC can be bit loud and noisy. Please note that we do not charge for towels, we do take a deposit which is refundable upon check out.

I really enjoyed my stay in the NYBI. My room was small but fine for what I needed, I never had to queue for the bathroom and the free breakfast was great! The staff were friendly and always happy to answer questions or give directions. The hostel is in an ideal location for exploring the city. Would highly recommend!

• 28th Jan 2015

The staff here are amazing. They went out of their way to provide excellent service. The hostel is in a super convenient spot. Easily walkable to all main spots. It gets cleaned at least twice a day from what I saw. Rooms can be a bit small, but it is NYC after all. I'll definitely be back.

Excellent location with helpful staff. Thank you to Omar

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Thailand

Very clean and confortable. Helpfull staff also. I'd stay there again for sure.

If there is a kitchen, that would be great

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Thank you for your review! As we do not have a kitchen, we do have microwaves and refrigerators in all rooms but Our Basic Rooms. We hope you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to having you stay with us on you next visit to NYC.

We had a great stay at New York Budget Inn. The shared bathrooms were incredibly clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. This hostel is located in a great area with easy access to the rest of Manhattan! It's very easy to get to from Grand Central and Penn Station. The only down side to our stay was the uncomfortable beds, but I can't complain too much! I like especially squishy beds, so if you like firm beds... you won't have any problems! :)

• 18th Jan 2015

The room was very small but being New York I didnt spend much time in it!

• 15th Jan 2015