New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Super friendly staff. Location was good. Compared to our other hostel experience in NYC this place was 5 star.

I was pleasantly surprised by this hostel. Everything was very clean and the staff is very helpful. I would definitely recommend to anyone else!

No communal areas! No where to chill out and meet people. No kitchen. Zero Atmosphere. Also the heater in my room was very loud and not so functional. It had two modes; off and sauna. And it was loud enough to wake everyone up. Other than that it was ok. Location was really good.

Thank you for your review. As space is limited in Manhattan and no large communal area, guests hang out in our lobby and meet other guests there or on a varity of our activities. We do have refrigorator & microwaves in most rooms. We appoligize about your heating. There we no notes or complaint on your reservation. We try our best to fix issues when we are aware of them.

One of best hostels I've stayed out. Me and my friend from Brazil had a great stay! Staff was super personable and helpful, everyone who worked there was great! Even the cleaning crew would greet us and say good morning. Location could not be better! 10 minute walk to the Empire State Building, a 5 minute bus ride to Macy's and all the good shopping on 5th Ave. Super clean bathrooms, cleaned our rooms every day, coffee and donuts in the morning, what more could you ask for?

Only negative is that the walls are paper thin so you can clearly hear conversations in adjoining rooms.

• 31st Dec 2013

the heat radiator was too loud when I stayed there

Thank you for your review. We wish you had informed us as we would have gladly adjusted it for you. We hope you had a fantastic stay with us.

This place was rally nice ! Great staff and fun little common room ! no kitchen facilities tho ! But I highly recommend it !

• 30th Dec 2013

A great hostel, and for NYC I dare say cheap!

Good location and well priced. Bed noisey.

Very easy to find and the subway was close. Great little bars and restaurants close by. Simple but clean rooms. Bathrooms always very clean.

Great stay

• 27th Dec 2013

The hostel markets itself as a budget hotel. It is nothing close to a hotel and is by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. There is no kitchen, fridge or other common facilities you come to expect at hostels. There was one very small 'common room' which doubles as the foyer and check in counter. We got the twin room and there is not enough head space to sit on your bed and there is not enough floor space 2 move when the bags are not on the bed. Spend the extra dollar and stay elsewhere.

Thank you for your review. We have many different varieties of room types. You had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room - our most economic room type. According to our notes on your account, you had come to the front desk demanding a larger room type and you had refused to pay the difference in the type of room type. If you would not have threatened us with this negative review, we would have attempted to upgrade you.

Great place to crash in the heart of Manhattan. Not a lot of common area to meet other travelers but clean rooms, bathrooms, and helpful staff. Would def stay with again.

Apart from being initially disappointed that they had so sneakily covered up the 14% tax and $3.50 a night that they add on (in the small print) I had a great time here! The hostel had a fantastic atmosphere, the staff were always helpful and fun. The bathrooms were clean and all in perfect working condition. It was great to have to the lockers, although remember to bring a lock! I felt very secure and taken care of.

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you had an enjoyable stay with us. As clearly indicated on our website and all affiliate booking engines, taxes are not included.

It was cold in the room and it was really noisy. The room was really small and when I booked I saw pictures that looked different and it showed a sink in the room. It was really clean but I probably wouldn't stay at a hostile again. I will go with a hotel for $50 more. And get more amenities.

• 26th Dec 2013

Thank you for your review. As indicated on our website pictures, you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room but intended our Standard Twin Private. We wish we had the availability to upgrade your accommodations but we were completely sold out. At a nightly rate of $80 even with an additional $50- it would be impossible to find a hotel for less then $300 in NYC on Christmas.

Tiny rooms. Everything for extra charge (luggage room, calling Airport shuttle)

Thank you for your review. We have many different room types available. You had made a reservation in our Basic Twin Private Room , our most economical room. By far the most inexpensive room in all of Manhattan. As We offer luggage storage for guests who check out and want to enjoy their remaining hours hanging around the City, we do not charge fees for making shuttle reservations. We take a deposit for the shuttle reservation to the Airport.

Very comfortable room with large bed and private restroom! The room was clean and very interesting the possibility to leave luggage for one day at small price. Good days at budget inn!

• 25th Dec 2013

Awesome hostel! Stayed here during 2014/15 christmas period and NYE celebrations and it was great. Good location not far from lots of districts, fun staff and free pizza and karaoke nights. Walking up and down the stairs wasn't great and it was a small common room but still had fun.

My only complain about staying there is regarding to the WiFi... always working bad.

Good: location is awesome, you can basically walk everywhere if you're into it, bathrooms are really clean, beds are confortable, lockers in the room (bring your lock!), heating was good and they provided extra blankets, staff was helpful. Bad: breakfast is really bad, only donuts, coffee and apples. Regular bread would be better than donuts! The common area is actually the hostel front desk / lobby which is really small, 8 people maximum, so its bad for getting to know people and hanging out