New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The only complaint I have is that the first night there the room got so hot!! Was probably over 100 degrees. When I first asked to have the temp turned down, was told to open a window... which due to the traffic outside, was very loud. It was finally fixed, but took hours to cool the room down.

The location and staff are the positive aspects of this hostel. I paid for a "private" room and what i got was a very very tiny room without a window!!! Quite depressing actually after 9 nights!

Absolutely loved it... flawless service, great location, super friendly staff and awesome facilities. Would definitely stay here again in future. Shout out to the friendly guy at reception who knew all the tricks to getting cheap Broadway tickets!

• 29th Nov 2013

Very average for the amount of money we paid. Over 800 dollars for 5 nights twin share - absolute rip off. There are no cooking facilities, no elevators, nothing else included. We had a pipe in our room that hissed loudly at random times - usually in the middle of the night when we were sleeping, definitely loud enough to wake us up. We suspect that the cleaning staff stole an expensive necklace out of a suitcase, but have no way to prove it The staff were overall rude and unhelpful. Don't stay!

Thank you for your review. After reviewing your reservation, please note that you had checked in on 11/28 thru 12/4 in our Double Private Room for 6 nights, not 5. $120 per night in Manhattan is not expensive. As we do not have a kitchen your room included a refrigerator, microwave and sink. If you would have notified us about the hissing of the radiator, we would have gladly adjusted it. As per your necklace, we were never notified and we hope that by now you have found it.

The hostel was clean, safe, and in a great centralized location. I will definitely be staying at this hostel again the next time I visit NYC. I came for the Thanksgiving Day Parade and the staff was super helpful and welcoming.

• 27th Nov 2013

Good hostel, located in Midtown and very close to the Empire State Building. It is very new and very clean (rooms are cleaned daily). Good value for money in Manhattan. Cons: no kitchen, though a fridge and a micro were provided. I had to pay $5 to leave my luggage in the deposit the last day, since I checked out and had to go into town before going to the airport. I would have expected a bit more of flexibility. Breakfast not provided, but every morning there are some free doughnuts and coffee

Great budget hotel, basic facilities ie only 1 chair to sit on in room for 2 people. Very clean, friendly, helpful staff. Would recommend this hotel especially for young backpackers. Only complaint was it was snowing in New York and we had to ask for the radiator to be switched on most days, controls in room did not always work. Loved free coffee and donuts and pizzas. Next time I would get private bathroom facilities as there was a queue in the mornings.

• 25th Nov 2013

The breakfast provision was a little below expectation! The coffee was already cold and donuts run out early

• 25th Nov 2013

Thank you for your review. Please note that we do not offer breakfast. We do provide complimentary coffee and donuts from Dunkin Donuts.

Bunk beds were comfortable enough but very wobbly - could do with replacing! Every time myself or friend moved the whole thing moved - was like sleeping on a boat. Could do with a bit more advertising on what you get on the website, and perhaps highlighting that TAX isn't in the final bill you get emailed. I know it's in the small print but lots of people don't read it and although it's there it can bit a bit of a blow when you find out upon arrival - especially if you're on a budget.

• 25th Nov 2013

Great place to stay, would definitely stay again. Rooms are small and heating can be noisy so i would advise ear plugs but other than that brilliant service, great location and brilliant staff!

My time at new York Budget Inn was terrible! The bedroom very, very small for two persons, The Staff never knew give information about Bus, directions, places, only one cup of coffee/person. Heater always off!!!! I did not liked this Hostel!!!!!

• 24th Nov 2013

Thank you for your review! We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We have reviewed your reservation and we noticed you stayed in our Basic Twin Private Room for 1 night and never came to the front desk to notify us that your heat in your room wasn't working. As we inspected your room after checkout we noticed your heating valve wasn't on.

I liked everything except that the communal area is too small and is not easy to meet, hang out with other people for solo travelers.

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Mexico

Positive Prime location. Negatives: This hostel is an old hotel, the whole structure is a hotel. There is no collective area, there is no kitchen. The internet is very bad, the roms are or extremely hot or extremely cold. The heater in my room was a red tube extremelyyyyyyyy noisy! The Price of the cheapest and not.

Thank you for your review. Our newly renovated property is over a 100 years old as are most building in New York city. All of our in house activities: pizza parties, movie nights, karaoke, ice cream parties...are located in our lobby. As we do not have a kitchen facility, most rooms include: sinks, refrigerators and microwaves.

I liked the hostel so much. Bad things are the bed was very noisy and the hostel does not have elevator. If you have heavy bags you will have some problems.

Great room, with TV and mini fridge. Lockers available. Good bath kit provided at check-in with slippers, shampoo, conditioning, soap and towel (provided at a deposit, which is not an issue). Close to the subway, bars and dining available at close range if needed (although not the best ones). Overall great experience for a hostel, and the cleanest shared bathrooms I've seem.

Stayed here for residency interview and loved it!

• 21st Nov 2013

New York Budget Inn far exceeded my expectation for such a small hotel. The staff is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!! The facilities are excellent.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Philippines

Thank you so much for your review!!

I was quite happy with my stay at New York Budget Inn. The rooms were nice and the it was generally quite well maintained and clean. When my group of 3 was checking in we had issues with the payments as they didn't evenly divide the cost between the 3 of us. Also, the breakfast they provide is only a few little doughnut holes. They also charge $5 per piece to hold bag after checking out. Regardless, it was a nice hotel (not as much a hostel) and I was generally satisfied with my experience there

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. As mentioned to you and your friend, we were not able to slit the reservation into 3 for the first night as your 3rd friend was not present at checkin and only arrived the following nite. Please note that we do not offer breakfast. As a curtesy to our guests, we offer coffee time which include Dunkin Donuts coffee and donuts. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to NYC!!

No kitchen facilities, and a very small lounge/communal area. Staff were friendly, and gave great advice! Bathrooms and accomm was always clean.

• 18th Nov 2013

Thank you for your review! As we do not have a cooking facility, we do have refrigerators and microwaves in our rooms.

Absolutely loved this place. The atmosphere and staff are amazing. Loved the karaoke night with the free pizza. The place is well clean, and the beds were made everyday for us (not sure whether this was accidental), but it was nice to come back to find the beds made!