New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, New York, USA

Very good location, next to Empire State Building and metro (34th st. & Park Avenue). I found very little value for money: I requested a single room, I hade a 2x3 meters room with only bed and 1 locker. No chair, no table, nothing. Requested 5$ deposit for towel (never seen nowhere). Paid 5$ for 4 hours left-luggage after check-out.... too expensive.

• 20th Aug 2013

Thank you for your comment. We're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. You opted for our most basic and least expense room. It is a great value by New York standards. Our course we offer larger rooms as well. All our rooms are pictured on our website. As for the towel deposit, many hostels don't offer towels (or clean linen) at all. You forgot to mention our free soap, shampoo, conditioner and slippers.

+ Free drinking water, free WiFi, great location, friendly staff! - The rooms are much smaller than they appear in photos and they don't (all) have windows. Ours smelt distinctly of perspiring feet. The shared bathrooms are alright, though usually too hot.

• 19th Aug 2013

A nice hostel in an excellent location. You can walk to the Times Squar or other atractions within a short timespan. The room was clean and so were the bathrooms. The staff is really friendly and you shouldn´t miss the karaoke evening on tuesdays with free pizza for everyone :) Had a great time there and would choose it again.

• 18th Aug 2013

Needed larger common area, includes breaky

Was in a good location but there was no common room so not really the place to meet people but other than that it's pretty good

The hostel is very nice, with good rooms, private restroom. I didn't tried the breakfast. Two problems were the plugs in the room, was just a few and in a bad position, and another one is that the common area is very small. The location is very good, very close to Times Square.

The hotel is 5min from the empire state building and 15min from Time Square. The location is definitely great! The rooms are small but clean and the staff is really helpful.

I had a great visit, and will definitely return and recommend you to my friends. Such a great deal! bargain price, spotlessly clean, friendly and helpful staff. Only one suggestion: mattress covers would be a big help. Now the sheets slip off and bunch up, so if I'm a restless sleeper it's uncomfortable and I may end up with my head directly on the mattress. Covers would protect your mattresses and help to keep the sheets in place.

• 17th Aug 2013

Bigger social lounge would be good. Great staff, clean

Great staff, excellent location, free pizza twice a week, and donuts and hot chocolate or coffee in the morning. However, rooms are small.

Loved this place! Turned up on my own after being with friends in New York, so pleased to have found it. Awesome staff who go out of their way to help you, great social stuff going on, friendly, good prices, clean, comfy, great location, fully accommodating....even if you just want a place to leave your stuff at while you're out, or if you want to meet people....would be a first port of call for accommodation again!

• 16th Aug 2013

Very unfriendly staff, no facilities, no common kitchen, and our "private room" was only 4m²... For the price, I clearly do NOT recommend this place, and recommend you to look at a cheap hotel that would be far better (even the cheapest of NYC) !

Thank you for your response we apolize you felt our staff was unfriendly. We have looked into this matter and as was explained, due to limited availability we were unable to switch your room or upgrade you. It would be dificult to find a cheaper private room then the $80.00 you and your friend had spent here in NYC. As space is limited here in NYC room sizes are typically smaller then anywhere else in the country. We do not have a kitchen facility but we do offer refrigerators and microwaves.

The location is really great, but if you're travelling by yourself, I wouldn't recommend this hostel. The only common area is the lobby, which is a small space with a couple of chairs, but not a place to have a rest or get to know people. Also, the room I stayed in was tiny (which was ok for me, but some people might care more about these things). More like a hotel really, but if you want to stay in the center (and everything else is booked out...), it's an okay option.

poor breakfast - coffee and donuts from Dunkin' Donuts.

I was only there for one night but the place was really clean, staff were extremely friendly and helpful and it was only a couple of blocks from the subway. Would stay again!

You won't get a better location for this price, and also it is clean, and the service from the staff is really good.

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

An amazing place to stay

No elevators at all- so staying on the 4th floor with 3 bags was nOt so great. The staff do help you with bags though. Lussage storage for even a few hours though costs $5 per bag, which I find ludicrous. Plus there are added laundry/bedding/towel fees onto of the room charge.

Thank you for your review and thank you for acknowledging that despite not having an elevator, our staff help all of our guests with their bags. Due to limited storage space we do offer a luggage storage upon checkout for a fee of $5.00 for guests that would prefer to maximize their last day in NYC prior to departing. To be clear, we offer our guests towels with a $5.00 deposit which is refunded upon checkout. Bedding/ linen, daily housekeeping, Wifi, slippers, soap, shampoo...are ALL FREE

Staff weren't very helpful.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

Everything was great, except the room was really small. We didn't have a problem with that, but someone might.

• 12th Aug 2013