New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

It is probably New York and I couldn't find a place better in Manhattan, but you feel this is more like a business than genuinely nice accommodation. The facilities are good and adequate, but the rooms are cramped and space is of premium - some of the toilets / bathrooms are pretty small. Then again, I think it is a New York thing - expensive (compared to Europe), tight with space, and a bit impersonal. I would suggest the hostel to consider converting the 4-bed dorm to 2/3-bed rooms.

Thank you for your review. being located in Manhattan, space is a premium. We try to maximize our facility to the best we can while offering refrigerators, microwaves, desks, free lockers and other perks you typically don't find in other properties, to better enhance a guests stay. our main goal is to offer guests more then they would expect at a reasonable price, very reasonable for the New York City.

The bedroom is too crowded but I suppose this being NYC, it is to be expected. I was placed on an upstairs bunk which is a bit too much for a 70-year old. Next time, I will be on a downstairs bed.

• 18th Oct 2014

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately we were not aware of your age at the time the bed was assigned. We always encourage our guests to email us in advance if they have a specific request for a room or a bed. We look forward to your next visit.

It was a wonderful place to stay! Very convenient location and friendly staff!

• 18th Oct 2014

I loved the hostel ! The only bad thing, is because they don´t have elevator...

• 17th Oct 2014

Found the hostel very noisy. Stayed there twice

• New Zealand

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately the city was conducting road work by us and it was out of our control, however, additional to our complimentary welcome package of soap, shampoo, conditioner and slippers, we do include war plugs. We hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Loved the place, but we thought we were booking into a hostel - i.e. a place that would have a kitchen with tables/chairs/pots/pans/dishes/refrigerator/stoves, a common room for revisiting and meeting other travelers and relaxing. The Budget Inn doesn't have any of these amenities, and as we were travelling on a budget and love meeting other travelers, this was the only disappointment. The staff were terrific & went out of their way to help us, and the cleaning staff were omnipresent & great.

• 17th Oct 2014

Thank you so much for your review. As we do not have a full kitchen, all rooms but our Basic Twin Private Rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. As space is limited in the city we maximize our lobby area. We have a verity of activities that guests join to meet fellow travelers. Pizza and karaoke nights, walking tours, pub crawls, club adventures, game night..just to name a few activities.

Great location and very helpful staff made this an excellent stay.

We stayed here twice during our USA holiday. We loved the location and atmosphere of the Budget Inn. The bathrooms were always very clean, the reception staff were mostly friendly and helpful and our room was not at all noisy. We would definitely stay here again.

Location is definatelly the best thing about this hostel. Separate bathrooms give you also more privacy that I expected. This hostel need more space for common use, apart from one small room, just next to the front desk, there is no other place to hang out with other people. Overall - very good, I guess even better, having know that Im talking about NYC.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Serbia

Just perfect!

• 14th Oct 2014

Thank you! We look forward to having you stay with us again

I really enjoyed staying here! This was my third stay in NYC, and fourth hostel I stayed at here, and it was by far the best! It was very conveniently located and central to many key things to do in the City. Train access was easy and sites are within walking distance (Times Square, Grand Central, Empire State, etc) and there were many affordable restaurants and delis nearby. The place was clean, comfortable, and the staff was incredible - so friendly and kind! I can't wait to come again!

Great location and super-friendly and helpful staff, coupled with great extras such as pizza and karaoke nights and coffee and donuts for breakfast. The location is great, but it is in a busy area so is quite noisy, but then again, New York is the city that never sleeps.Some great restaurants around the area and not far from the subway and some major attractions. A great option for the budget traveler.

We were a bit confused with the this is what you pay on arrival, and then found due to the local tax we had an extra $140 which bit into our budget. It would be better to have that made more apparent on the booking form.Do you supply ear plugs???

Thank you for your review. As clearly indicated on our website, all of our affiliate sites and on your confirmation email, City & State Taxes are Not included. Absolutely we offer complimentary ear plugs, there is a sign by the front desk. If you missed it, just ask! Our staff are here for you!!

This was my second time here and won't be the last! It's really a good place to stay! The place, facilities, atmosphere and the kindness and the excellent attention of the people that work there. Good job!

it's not a hostel, and the square meters per resident is very defficient. The smell in the first floor is not so good. The beds have a very poor quality... The good things are location and staff... not enough for the price.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Chile

Loved the staff and dorm mates I ended up receiving, but the facilities themselves kinda blowed. There was no hot water at all and I heard a lot of other residents complaining about room changes and such. Overall I enjoyed it, though in my opinion it should have been $10-20 cheaper.

• 9th Oct 2014

Thank you for our review. We had checked all the showers on the 4th floor in which you had stayed for your 1 night stay after reading your review and noticed hot water available. Our prices are very competitive with most properties in NY however we are located in the City which is better situated then any other property.

I was delighted with the staff. They are all very helpful with anything requested. COFFEE - each morning was much appreciated. I was not happy that this location is booked thru Hostelworld, however do not accept Hostelworld voucher. takes to long to check in and OVERT time check out..

Staff very polite and friendly.

• 8th Oct 2014

Locationwise the NY Budget Inn is an excellent spot. Bus stop right in front of door M34 crosstown. We had a double private room. The space of the room was ok.The fridge and microwave were a nice touch as you could provide extra breakfast elements from nearby cvs/duane read/bag market. Coffe and donutholes are nice but won't get you through the day. Neg point: the blanket(which is the daytime bedcover)&sheet are not comfortable. Please Ny B inn change to a regular duvet big enough for two.

Thank you for your review! Please note that we do not serve breakfast, however we do offer Dunkin Donuts Coffee, donuts, hot chocolate, tea and apples. Our Double Bed Private Rooms are a full size bed with a full size duvet. Please see the front desk for additional blankets as they are available if need....just ask!

Really enjoyed our stay here, everything was super clean the shared bathrooms were spotless every time you went, the only thing is the rooms are a bit on the small side, by the time we had our bags in there was barley enough room to stand. But being in New York we weren't intending on spending a lot of time in the hotel. Good location easy walking distance. The staff were really helpful and the free pizza on Sundays and Tuesdays is good if your on a budget. Would 100%. Stay here again !,

• 5th Oct 2014