New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Thank you, Lorena, Daniel, Hafeez, Roney, Quatiz, Chris, Anthony and housekeeping staff for your careful,my staying was amazing!! I hope back soon!!!

• 29th Sep 2014

Basic room in a great location, close to the subway, empire state building, fashion district and times square. The staff have put together a list of things to do in the area and places to eat. Free coffee and munchkins go down a treat every morning. Would definitely go back.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Great staff, great location. Very cramped though but being NY space is at a premium. Only grumble, there is no common area to hang outstide of the tiny room. But then you aren't in NY to hang at your accomodation! Also bring ear plugs :)

• 27th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Sometimes the rooms small bad and are small

Thank you for your review. As you had reserved our most basic room type, our Basic Twin Private Room, we have many other room types which are larger to choose from, subject to availability..

Very good hostel! Friendly staff, well located and very clean! I would definately stay there again!

• 26th Sep 2014

When I got there I had to pay extra money and if you want to leave your luggage you have to pay for every piece, other than that the place is close to Empire Building and also other attractions.

• Romania

Thank you for your review. Please note that taxes are Not included when making your reservation online. We offer luggage as an option and convenience for guests for a fee of $5.00

Very good hostel I would definitely recommend it !! Wonderful location, very friendly staff and clean dorms with lockers.

• Morocco

This Hostel's location is just excellent, very central and close by to all the main points of interests in Manhattan. It is very well organized and one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in. The only little down thing is that it does not have a big common room, only the one near reception, and it would have just been perfect if it had had one. Maybe double glazing would be necessary as my dorm was facing the street. I will definitely reccommend it to any friends visiting NY.

the staff at front desk has always provided great customer service with a helpful attitude.

It was the first time I stayed in hostel. I had read all great reviews, and I agree. Super cheap, great location, helpful and friendly staff. Bathrooms with no waiting line, cleaned all the time, safe and clean rooms. Only thing I'd change is I'd put a sign in the bathroom saying "please clean after yourself or we'll fine you". Guests are nasty sometimes. I brought my own towel and padlock (for the locker and suitcase just in case). Loved this place.

• Argentina

The only thing i missed was having a kitchen, besides that the hostel is great! One of the best i ever stayed in!

• 24th Sep 2014

Thank you so much for your review. As Manhattan is tight and our facility lacks a large kitchen, most of our rooms include a sink, microwave and refrigerator.

Nice little hostel to stat at for a few nights. The hostel is small but at an affordable price and close to little cafes. Its also not a far walk to shops. Overall happy to stay there.

• 24th Sep 2014

very clean hostel, comfortable beds, great location, close to empire state building, times square in walking distance. not really a hostel to find other travelers, no atmosphere

For that price at that location I can't complain.

This hostel is just great! Located only minutes from the Empire State Building, one is right in the center of the city. All major sites can be reached by walking or subway (a station is only a 5-minute walk from the hostel). The staff is very friendly, the room very nice (double private even with sink). To sum it up, this hostel is perfect for a trip to New York! Affordable, very cosy and centrally located!

A good place to stay in Manhattan (Brooklyn is an alternative). The Inn is close to the subway and is very central in Manhattan, there are $1 slices of pizza opposite the Inn for the super budget traveler. It is very clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff were friendly, but lacked knowledge on NYC to be helpful. The atmosphere was also sterile - they do have free pizza for karaoke on certain nights in this tiny lobby which wasn't the best set up but people looked like they were having fun

Small, but clean room. Safe.

I had only a very brief stay, but I thought the facilities were just fine. Shared room, bathrooms on each floor. A little noisy (car noise and sirens) and a little expensive, but there's no way to avoid that in Manhattan. Recommended.

• 19th Sep 2014

We were so pleased with the location, only one block from the subway. The area was very vibrant, lots of shops and restaurants. The hostel was very modern and clean, the staff was very friendly and super helpful. They answered all of our questions and made our trip so much easier. The rooms were clean and nice, the beds and blankets were clean and comfortable as well. The bathrooms were warm and clean and the showers had hot water and great water pressure. Will stay there again!!!

• 19th Sep 2014

Good, plain, and simple accommodations for a visit to NYC. Not too far from Penn Station, and it's easy to access most of the major subway lines.