New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Consider adding something to the showers to stop the water spilling all over the floor. Aside from that, excellent hostel.

• 11th Jul 2015

Thank you for your review. The shower curtains are suppose to stop the water. We always welcome suggestions.

Great location and the staff is always friendly and helpful!

Not content at all with the WiFi signal. Overall high cleanliness and good facilities. Location could be a bit better to get to, alternatively have better infos for busses or the like

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Austria

The hostel is great, very clean and quiet. Staff was available for requests and the location was conveniently close to subway stations, a parking lot, and a couple bus stops. It is definitely a good value for the price paid; I would go back without hesitating.

• 10th Jul 2015

The location of the private double private bathroom rooms are terrible. The door of these rooms are at the mouth of the stairs (which people sit on to talk LOUDLY on their phones). It is also where the cleaners place all their bags of linen and rubbish in the morning, which is so loud and intrusive to the point of waking you up. They yell at each other in Spanish for sometime and it's quite annoying. The bed we had was also terrible. The bed was on an angle and very uncomfortable.

• 9th Jul 2015

I felt at home!

Love the Budget Inn. It allows us to go into NYC and STAY in NYC for a night (or two or three) instead of driving back home to NJ...

Great and save hostel with spotless clean restrooms and nice/helpful staff.

• 9th Jul 2015

I booked a hotel as opposed to a hostel for one night purely so I could make up for all the lost slepp accumulated from staying in hostels - lesson learned was that I should have paid a bit more and gotten a good nights sleep. Itay have also just been luck of the draw. Whatever the case - my room was directly opposite the shared restroom, I hear people going in and out all night, both male and females throwing up and then I heard the staff next to my room wall talking to each other No sleep ;'(

Thank you for your review. We apologize you did not receive the rest you were seeking.

Impossibly clean! Good location (if you like walking you can walk pretty much everywhere) but just one line of a Subway nearby and it is a line that does not really cross with other lines. Very convenient for Laguardia and JFK airports. Very helpful and professional staff.

Great location, clean and comfortable beds. It doesn't have a common area but it seems to be full of genuine backpackers quite open to socialise, so it is easy to meet pleople anyway. I will definitely stay there again if I am ever back in NY.

I had to deduct one point for " value for money" because I wasn't informed earlie via email about increased room rates. I paid 100 dollars more than I had signed up for when I booked online over a month ago.

Thank you for your review. The prices online were never increased. When making your reservation, please read, as it clearly states that City and State Taxes are not included.

We had a very good time staying at New York Budget Inn!

I stayed at the hostel 2 nights. The persons at the front desk were nice and helpful. I didn't my stay due to the strict rules and the cold atmosphere of both the staff and The guests. One night someone slept in my bad, which is fine by me, I just slept in another one because I don't really care which bad is it... So in the middle of the night the staff came to wake everybody up and rearrange the room as it should be. I mean... Don't wake up a sleeping person, it's not polite

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Israel

Thank you for your review. It's not that staff are cold or that we are strict, we try to accommodate everyone. A guest had come down and complained that someone was in her bed and all beds were taken. We allocate all beds in order not to have these issues. It was unfortunate that this happened.

The location is perfect and the staff friendly and helpful. The hostel has in fact no common room, it's more an extended reception area with a tv. If you are alone in town and hope to find some people for activies, you pretty much depend on your roommates or on organized activies. Other than that, the value for money is good if you consider the NY price level.

Convenient location, pleasant helpful staff, shared bathrooms are kept very clean and good coffee in the a.m.

• 7th Jul 2015

Lovely staff, especially Manuel the concierge!

One of the best hostel I've stayed in! Only bad thing was that they charged 5 dollar for leaving your bags after checking out

The hotel was very clean and kept well and the staff was very nice and friendly. I rented a single room which was really small and right across from the bathrooms. I heard people entering and exiting the bathrooms night long or at least up till around 4:30 am. It was very hard to sleep and no one seemed to care if they slammed the door. I did not think the room was worth the price. Beyond that it had a tv and ac which was great. the ac helped block some of the slamming door sounds.

• 6th Jul 2015

Great place to stay, price for location was good; not far walk from most tourist areas and multiple train lines.

• 5th Jul 2015