New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Pretty good basic hostel and location is nice. It is expensive but i think that you could not find any cheaper in NY. It was litlle bit difficult to find when we arrive NY in the middle of night. Brakefast included (Donuts & coffee). I would come again if i visit NY again.

Absolutely brilliant place to stay. Great location and I felt really safe while we were there. Would defiantly use again and recommend to friends and family.

Budget inn is pretty good, I just got a bit up set because in the bedroom I was (416) there weren't many outlet sockets to charge my mobile and notebook. P.S. There were only 2 outlets sockets, but in the room there are 4 beds.

• 11th Jan 2016

Thank you for your comment. We checked the room. You may have missed them but there were plenty of outlets for everyone in the room.

This hostel was great for the price and location. The staff were very nice, especially Jose. I was impressed at how clean the bathrooms were and even the beds were made everyday. The space is practical and perfect if you plan on just needing a place to crash for the night. The addition of a sink, mirror, fridge, and microwave in the room was really helpful. During my stay they added a small lounge room and offered coffee and donuts every morning which was much appreciated!

Nice location, clean facilities, and friendly staff! The double room was a bit pricey for its size (felt a bit cramped and stuffy in there).

Thank you for your comment. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have many choices of rooms, from the most economical to the more comfortable. Our website has pictures of all the room types. Our rates are not only competitive but some of the most reasonable in New York City.

My flight was delayed and I arrived at 1am. The gentleman who checked me in was awesome! Helped with my luggage and ck in was fast...I had to leave at 5am so I was not there very long and wish I had NOT been charged the full rate. my room was small but my twin bed was great for amount of time I was there, bathroom was clean and water pressure was great. I will stay there again if I am visiting NY city

• 7th Jan 2016

I stayed in the 3rd floor and there was a lot noise coming from the street at night. There is no elevator!

• 7th Jan 2016

Very clean, would happily stay again. Only drawback is that the WiFi wasn't working well in my floor (5th), it was very inconsistent going on and off.

• 7th Jan 2016

great staff and location. first time in a hostel ever. definitely staying here in the next new york vacation.

• Philippines

This was an excellent hostel. It is safe, secure and the staff are helpful, I will definitely be staying here again next time I am in New York.

• 5th Jan 2016

The hostel was in a great location, the staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a stand with specials and discounts for activities and shopping, which came in handy. There was room service everyday. /the room was small, however there is so much to do in NYC that you will only need the room for sleeping. :) Lauren

• 3rd Jan 2016

Nice but small. The rooms felt crowded when there was all of us in at the same time. It was clean though and comfortable. There was ALOT of street noise, so if you don't like that, this might not be the place for you. I personally had no issue with sleeping with it. The staff were fun and welcoming to be around. If you can figure out the streets of NYC, this is easy to get to by foot, but easier to take an uber/taxi if you dont.

Many rooms do not have a window!! (As our 2 bed room) Actually they do have one, but there is no fresh air coming in - instead, there is a kind of a drain outside the window. If you open this "window", you ll get no fresh air , you ll get the noise of the outside air conditioning equipment! Really annoying... There is also a air conditioning in the room - but it is a "moveable" one, which is really loud. (No chance to sleep - especially, as the room is smal as hell. Thus, no recommendation!

• 3rd Jan 2016

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our records do not show any problems or complaints with your stay. As stated by law all of our rooms have windows, you might have wanted to say that your room was not facing the street side. In addition we offer our guest complimentary earplugs at our front desk.

Nice Staff, very clean, room was cleaned and bed was made everyday. I was in an 4 bed female dorm with its own fridge and mircowave. There is also an really handy water dispenser on the first floor to refill bottles. This saved me a lot of money in expensive NYC.

• 2nd Jan 2016

There is nothing in this hostel. They are renting out for 2x of what it is worth. Breakfast is just donuts and coffee, and you need to go the downstairs to get it before others finish it. There's no room to sit down and socialize, except for the tiny lobby, but it's awkward to sit there unless you are checking in/out. Finally, even the suite room was super small and old school (no TV etc.) Also they won't show you the kindness to take care of your bags on your last day, but ask $5 per bag.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. As stated in our website we DO NOT offer breakfast however, we provide our guest with complementary coffee, doughnuts, hot chocolate every morning. As a form of appreciation we also provide the guest with a luggage storage space for the cost of $5.00, in order for the guest to enjoy the rest of their day without dragging their luggage with them, most hotels DO NOT offer luggage storage.

The hostel is great! and the staff is very helpful if you have a problem, specially Jose. By mistake, I dropped a considerable amount of money in the bathroom, and an employee of the hostel found it. He inmediately gave the money to the manager of the hostel and she returned it to me. Jose was very concerned about my problem, and helped a lot when I told him I lost the money. I really appreciated the security of the hostel. Great ubication.

The staff was really friendly and the place is very well located. Will definitely come back here on my next trip to New York

• 1st Jan 2016

Thank you for you review! We are pleased to know you enjoyed you stay with us. We look forward on greeting you on your next trip to New York.

Everything about the hostel was good except lockers in rooms. Lockers have lock, but since their keys are lost or something, guests/visitors have to pay $5 to buy lock. And that $5 is not refundable. Everything else about the hostel was good.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Afghanistan

Thank you for your comment and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. As a courtesy to our guests we provide lockers in the rooms for storage. Most guests place their own locks on the lockers. To accommodate guests who do not have locks of their own we offer for sale locks for $5.00. This is the same price that is charged by any store.

Brilliant hostel in a great location in New York. My friend and I arrived at 4pm on New Year's Eve with no plans and upon check in we were immediately included in an organised night by the hostel staff. Daniel and Steve were incredibly friendly and helpful, they definitely helped make it my best New Year to date! Overall, all staff were great and the hostel itself was clean and perfect for us. Will definitely stay here again in the future!

• 31st Dec 2015

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to know you enjoy your stay with us during the holiday season. We look forward on greeting you on your next trip to New York.

Perfect location, literally in the center of Manhattan yet normal hostel prices, so you can avoid expensive NYC hotels. The place seemed clean, the doors lock and have keycards. Bathrooms were clean, although there did not seem to be a lot of them. Staff were helpful and friendly, feels very safe. Room was clean, a bit hot but there was an air conditioner I was able to turn on. It's in the middle of NYC and legit, you can't go wrong.

Thank you for your review! We look forward to greeting you on your next trip to New York.