New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Hope to see you again guys! Greetings to Christopher, the other good looking guy on the night shift that I don't remember his name (sorry) and Rodney :) thanks for all your help

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Location was good. but outside was too noisy. so I couldn't sleep all night.

If you take a 3 beds bedroom be aware that it's one double bed and one individual and not 3 individuals. Clean Bathrooms. Nice environment in the area.

Thank you for your review. Please visit our website for actual pictures of all room types we offer: www.newyorkbudgetinn.com

Well, the biggest problem was that there was a huge construction site on the street. This basically led to the effect then one felt as if one was on the street, including the beautiful sounds of sledgehammers etc. For 50-55 $ this is not really acceptable, and yes, I know it's Manhattan. Cleanliness was ok for a fully booked hotel and the staff was always very helpful and attentive, among the best I have experienced. The Internet connections was somewhat slow and not always working.

i didnt like the beds, too soft. And everything was very small, but well its manhatten.

Thank you for your review. If we would have know your bed was uncomfortable, we would have gladly changed it for you.

Good location but lacks of hangout areas, but overall good and there were some nice guests around. Staff was fun as well.

Really really good hostel! ALL the staff are brilliant and so so friendly, it made my stay even better. The staff made sure every thing was okay and on my last day I was super stressed because I nearly missed my shuttle But one of the staff members helped me with my bags down even though I was probably being annoying. There is a fair few steps but they do help you with your bags. I didn't ask on my way down because I thought I could manage but They are more than happy to help.

First ever time staying in a hostel n no faults. Great location took me 10mins walk to times square area. I felt very safe in the hostel. It was very clean which i was surprised having heard stories of hostels etc. Bed was comfy staff were friendly. Perfect for my trip away to nyc defo recommend to anyone. Thanks

Thank you for your feedback! It feels great to set the standards high!!

Very friendly staff. Very organized - I was impressed that they were very clear about bunk assignments and made for a more reliable situation with sharing a room and lockers. I also appreciated the water bottle refill station. I hadn't stayed in a hostel since I was twenty-one, now that I am turning thirty-five I was a little apprehensive. This experience has made me realize that I'm never too old for the benefits of hosteling vs. hoteling. A communal kitchen was the only thing missing.

• 7th Sep 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you had an enjoyable stay. As space is limited in the city, most of our rooms have a refrigerator and microwave.

They took 5$ for each luggage to keep them. I had 2 luggages and i paid 20$ extra . I stayed just one night and i do not think i gonna stay again there.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Thank you for your review. We offer our guests the option of luggage storage as a convenient option to store their luggage and maximize on their remaining time in the city. This service is an option. We have reviewed your invoice and have confirmed the cost paid for your 2 bags was $10 (not $20).

Really nice hostel, super clean, the location is perfect. A bit noisy though due to busy streets, but that's expected everywhere in NYC. Also would have liked if hostel organised more activities, this would've helped to meet new people.

This hostel is the four seasons of hostels,it fells more like a hotel than a hostel,it's perfectly situated in manhattan,there are bars and restaurants around the area and hafif was a great receptionist,he went above and beyond to please are stay and I recommend this to any one, I have stayed In other hostels in other big cities and This beats them all,hope you enjoy you're stay as I did

The hostel was fairly comfortable, it has a very good location, there are a lot of pharmacies, bar, restaurants, shops just a few steps away. The staff is incredible, extemely helpful and kind, with whatever you need, wether it is directions or anything else. Everything looks very clean, they clean rooms everyday, the rooms are a bit tight but its NYC so it understandable. The Empire State is just a few blocks away.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Venezuela

The bunk beds move A LOT whenver you make the tiniest movement so this disturbs other guests. The upper bunks are also hard to climb into. Individual lamps and plug sockets for each bunk would also be appreciated, as most other hostels provide.

• 4th Sep 2014

I wouldn't stay any where else in Manhattan. The proximity to everything in city was great. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. I can't wait to go back

• 4th Sep 2014

Only downside is getting your bags to the second floor check in. Ie no elevator. Baggage storage at $5 a piece can get expensive. Loved the coffee and donuts in the morning. The guys at the front desk were all very helpful.

• 4th Sep 2014

Great hostel with a fabulous location and good facilities, but the hostel have a big problem: doesn't have a common area for know the another roomers (in fact they have one, but is very tiny!). If you travel alone and doesn't interest this, go ahead, for the people that travel with a companion, definitely I recommend the hostel, excellent price-quality relation

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Chile

This hostel located in the middle of NYC! It is more like a hotel than a hostel but still in a hostel concept with bunk bed :) Got a free welcome pack consist of slippers, shampoo, conditioner and soap. Free breakfast included as well, and it's a 'Dunkin Donuts' breakfast! Yummy. But super noisy whahaha because it's in the middle of NYC - so don't complain much, I've expect that ;) Staffs were all friendly and kind especially Lorena & Rodney! Thank you so much! :)

keep up the good job!

Great staff, very central, nice rooms (small but the right size just to sleep), good cleanliness, I will be back and I recommend it to all my friends. Thanks for the great time!

• 2nd Sep 2014