New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Great hostel, well located (although a bit far on the side from the main streets it's still only 15 min walk from it), clean and helpfull ! 5$ lockers (i wish it was free but they do secure it by putting tags on it)

When I arrived, the staff didn't tell me which bed that I was assigned to. I picked the only bed that had no stuff on it. Then I looked at the wall and it says "penalty $25/day for using the wrong bed. I looked at my receipt and found that I was assigned to bed number 4 (bed#4 was taken). I complained to the staff, and the staff just told me "you know what you should do". I guess, I should ignore the penalty. Just wondering how the housekeeping knows which bed should they change the sheet.

• 20th Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

Thank you for your review! Our objective is not to charge guests additional fees. We allocate the beds for a few reasons: 1. we do not want guests to fight for beds 2. housekeeping make all beds daily however in the event guests leave personal items on their beds, we know who to contact to inform them that we had organized their items in order to make the beds. 3. To make sure all those who are occupying the beds, are guests. We apologize that the bed allocation was not clearly identified

This is the second time I'd stayed in NYBI and I don't regret it, I choose it because is clean, has a great location, and the staff is very helpful, I totally recommend it.

I loved my stay at this hostel. The hostel is in a great location with easy access to many attractions in NYC, the price for a bed in a 4-bed dorm was very reasonable for NYC, the rooms were clean and warm and the beds were very comfortable. The bathrooms were clean and I love that you are given shampoo/conditioner/slippers on arrival - such a luxury for a hostel. Overall really enjoyed my stay and would definitely return!

The location is very convenient. The subway line is within walking distance. All the staff except one are very friendly and helpful, making our stay very comfortable. The staff ensure the shared bath rooms are clean at all times, which is impressive. I am very happy with my choice.

We really enjoyed our stay there, the staff members always were nice, when we came back at night everything was clean. almost everything was near from the hostel, what else can I say? We loved New York, and when we go back there, of course we are going to stay at the New York Budget Inn

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Excellent location in 34th street, about 5 minutes away from Empire State Building and Grand Central Terminal. Bathrooms and restrooms are quite small but all sanitary installations, halls and rooms are very clean. Rooms are cleaned every day. Staff is friendly and coffee is available for free at the entrance every day in the morning!

• 13th Dec 2013

This is a great option for New York. Located on 34th street, only 10 mins walk to 5th Avenue. Don't be fooled into thinking it is near Penn Station and walk from there with luggage - bad idea. The staff are really what make this place fantastic, as well as the large, warm dorm rooms, with security lockers, breakfast - even though it is only doughnuts and hot chocolate/coffee, and free pizza nights. The slight downside is the lack of big social area, kitchen and the paying for bag storage.

Location, great value and clean: Double room was larger than expected. Great value for a short stay in New York when you only need somewhere to sleep. Clean rooms and bathroom and great location, I walked to everything.

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

This hostel was very accomodating. It was clean and they make your bed every morning. the bathrooms are cleaned often as well. The common room area is small so it's a little difficult to meet people. It's right next to the Empire State Building and close to the green line. Great and friendly staff 24/7. Loved staying here.

• 12th Dec 2013

+ Cleaniness is grade 10. It's good to see everytime things being cleaned and tidy up. Some staff were helpful. - "Shared area" is tiny, compared to the (huge) size of the hostel. There should be a big tv room for the guests. Few people stay there because it's too tight, busy and noisy. I told the staff in charge at night I'd like to stay 2 nights more and he told me to do another checki n the morning, that it wouldn't be possible at that moment. In the morning I was told it was full...

Thank you for your review! Due to high demand and occupancy we did not have availability to extend your stay. You were asked to kindly wait till the morning in the event there was a last minute cancelation or a guest did not show. We apologize that there were no cancelations or no shows for that night. Guests attempting to extend their stay with us is the largest form of compliment to us and we thank you for that. We hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

If you seek a cheap and clean hostel to stay at in New York then New york budget inn is definitely for you. The toilets and shower facilities are clean and in good shape. You can hear the noise from the traffic into the hostel room (we stayed in a room which had a window towards the road) but we didn't find it troubling. The heating of the room was a bit iffy tho, first it was way too warm and then it got way too cold, but nothing bigger to "complain" or mark about.

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Finland

Really had a great time at the Hostel and for sure is one of the best and cleanest hostel i've ever stayed. Besides the heater that was extremely hot during the night, everything was perfect.

• 9th Dec 2013

Good location, clean and includes a sort of breakfast (on first come first served basis). The rooms although tiny have a TV set.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review! Please note, as stated on our website and affiliate site, breakfast is not included however we do offer free coffee and donuts from Dunkin Donuts

Everything is very good at the Budget. The Dominican people that work there is so kind and nice and very helpful. I really loved them. Ill give you as example, that one day as I was feeling cold, they gave me a portable heating sistem. I felt very good. The people that work there is who really make the Budget be a great option to stay. Les mando un abrazo, desde La Plata, Argentina.

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Argentina

We were very impress by the staff and the cleanest of the room! The location was minutes away from subway station which took maybe 5-10 minutes to get to Time Square. Awesome place, would recommend to all!

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was extremely helpful and had a great attitude. The only thing that was a little weird was the MIXED ROOM that I booked on-line. A mixed room means that both boys and girls share the room. Don't know if the nice Muslim man will be the same again. :) Got in at 1:30 a.m. due to weather. Pizza for !.00 per slice across street/open until 3. Hostel offers coffee and donuts in the mornings. Great price and location. Also offer activities. Definitely great place!

• 5th Dec 2013

I am so glad that I booked in at the New York Budget Inn for my trip to NYC. The location was amazing - a short walk from 33rd St subway station as well as the major Penn and Grand Central Stations. I was able to walk to Times Square and Broadway shows in about 20 minutes! This is also almost right next to the Empire State Building. The price is one of (if not the most) affordable in Manhattan. I missed them, but the free pizza and karaoke nights are a great bonus.

What a great value! We enjoyed our stay. We were also pleasantly surprised by the fridge, microwave, and TV in our room. We will be staying here again for sure.

• 4th Dec 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, if you ask they will point out how to get anywhere. I even forgot a camera in the hostel, and they found it and helped me get it back. The hostel is close to many restaurants and pharmacies. The rooms are clean and confortable. There is free breakfast every day and a kareoke night with free pizza twice a week.

• 2nd Dec 2013