New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

The staff was all INCREDIBLY friendly! It was so nice to have people so fun and kind when we checked in. Everything was very clean, and the room came with a TV, fridge, microwave, and AC, as well as having lockers and a sink right in the room. We got free soap/shampoo and shower slippers as well! The bed was very comfortable, and we each got two pillows, a sheet, and two blankets! So much more than a typical hostel! They also have events and held out luggage for us for a small fee. AWESOME PLACE

Such a nice stay in NYBI - a very helpful and welcoming staff, very clean, surprisingly very quiet. It was perfect. Definitelty the best hostel in NYC.

• 3rd Jun 2014

The hostel is clean and staff help😮full. The coffee and doughnut munchies are a nice touch. I felt luggage storage for at least 24 hours should be free as flight timings are not in our hands.

Good stay. Very friendly staff. Clean Bathrooms.

• Spain

Enjoyed staying at this location. Two pillows and a fuzzy blanket were provided. Along with daily housekeeping for very clean rooms a bathrooms. The hostel is across from the bus stop for crosstown travel and a few blocks from the 6 train. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I will stay here again when visiting NYC.

• 3rd Jun 2014

I was in a hurry and needed for a place to sleep for one night during my stay in NYC. I found an unexpensive mixed room because the place was almost complete and there was no private rooms available. Clean, frieny staff and great location.

• Dominican Republic

Great location and very reasonable pricing. I found the staff helpful and friendly.

Really good choice of accommodation if your plans are go through Manhattan. Location couldn't be better, price corresponds to what you'll get and rly friendly staff. Nice and clean restrooms/showers. There is the BUS stop right in front of the building, subway 2 blocks far and you can take ferry from East 34th St (10mins walk) to south Manhattan or Brooklyn for $4 :) Also I have to recommend the pub behind the corner (Pig 'n' Whistle Murray Hill) and Barking Dog restaurant for breakfasts - 5mins

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great staff and good location. Rooms on 3rd ave can be very loud at night due to hospital in the same street. Otherwise comfortable beds and very very clean.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Brilliant location, and easy, clean, cheap room. A bit of a (genteel) fight to use the internet, and it would have been nice to have some kind of communal space to sit down. But overall, good value, given that Manhattan is not cheap...

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Clean hostel at a great location, for a fair price. Beds are kind of short though if you're tall and some of the younger staff seemed more interested in watching tv than actually helping you when you asked them something. Would still recommend it though.

The bed is really comfortable, the restrooms are clean and the location is excellent. And at sunday and tuesday nights they have a karaoke with pizza and soft drink free. The breakfest is simple and limited.

Good location and bed is comfortable and the place is clean. HOWEVER, make sure you DO NOT get the room facing the street. It gets incredibly noisy all night, I was not able to sleep at all. I and other 3 girls were right awake, could not sleep at all. Get the room on the higher floor that is NOT facing the street or close to the street.

Basic, clean place. Very good value for money compared to most places to saty in New York, so I'd recommend.

It was great a place, with great people. We didn't spend much time to hang out but it was fun.

We had a great stay there!!! It is perfectly clean!! Everything!! They are cleaning all the time!! And the staff was really really helpful with everything and very friendly! Will definitely return to this place!!

• 30th May 2014
  • Argentina

The staff was very helpful.

• 30th May 2014

One of the best, if not the best place I've stay in NYC

• 29th May 2014

Nice hostel in a great location. I loved the free coffee and doughnuts in the morning! Staff were friendly and the bathrooms and beds were cleaned daily. The only downside for me was the banter. There was none at all. The most boring anti social guests I have ever stayed with. Nobody wanted to do anything or party so I ended up going out on my own. Shame really as NY is awesome.

• 28th May 2014

The room was EXTREMELY tiny, it could not fit 2 open suitcases!!! The smell in the room was very annoying. Breakfast is very bad quality (no drink except coffee, no tea, and only small greasy doughnuts) Good point, the bathroom was very clean. Overall very low quality for the price.

• 28th May 2014

Thank you for your review. As you had reserved our Basic Twin Private Room, our most inexpensive room, we 9 other different room types available. We do not offer breakfast, however we do offer complimentary Dunkin Donuts Coffee and Donuts, not to shabby for quality.