New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Location, great value and clean: Double room was larger than expected. Great value for a short stay in New York when you only need somewhere to sleep. Clean rooms and bathroom and great location, I walked to everything.

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

This hostel was very accomodating. It was clean and they make your bed every morning. the bathrooms are cleaned often as well. The common room area is small so it's a little difficult to meet people. It's right next to the Empire State Building and close to the green line. Great and friendly staff 24/7. Loved staying here.

• 12th Dec 2013

+ Cleaniness is grade 10. It's good to see everytime things being cleaned and tidy up. Some staff were helpful. - "Shared area" is tiny, compared to the (huge) size of the hostel. There should be a big tv room for the guests. Few people stay there because it's too tight, busy and noisy. I told the staff in charge at night I'd like to stay 2 nights more and he told me to do another checki n the morning, that it wouldn't be possible at that moment. In the morning I was told it was full...

Thank you for your review! Due to high demand and occupancy we did not have availability to extend your stay. You were asked to kindly wait till the morning in the event there was a last minute cancelation or a guest did not show. We apologize that there were no cancelations or no shows for that night. Guests attempting to extend their stay with us is the largest form of compliment to us and we thank you for that. We hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

If you seek a cheap and clean hostel to stay at in New York then New york budget inn is definitely for you. The toilets and shower facilities are clean and in good shape. You can hear the noise from the traffic into the hostel room (we stayed in a room which had a window towards the road) but we didn't find it troubling. The heating of the room was a bit iffy tho, first it was way too warm and then it got way too cold, but nothing bigger to "complain" or mark about.

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Finland

Really had a great time at the Hostel and for sure is one of the best and cleanest hostel i've ever stayed. Besides the heater that was extremely hot during the night, everything was perfect.

• 9th Dec 2013

Good location, clean and includes a sort of breakfast (on first come first served basis). The rooms although tiny have a TV set.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Argentina

Thank you for your review! Please note, as stated on our website and affiliate site, breakfast is not included however we do offer free coffee and donuts from Dunkin Donuts

Everything is very good at the Budget. The Dominican people that work there is so kind and nice and very helpful. I really loved them. Ill give you as example, that one day as I was feeling cold, they gave me a portable heating sistem. I felt very good. The people that work there is who really make the Budget be a great option to stay. Les mando un abrazo, desde La Plata, Argentina.

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Argentina

We were very impress by the staff and the cleanest of the room! The location was minutes away from subway station which took maybe 5-10 minutes to get to Time Square. Awesome place, would recommend to all!

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was extremely helpful and had a great attitude. The only thing that was a little weird was the MIXED ROOM that I booked on-line. A mixed room means that both boys and girls share the room. Don't know if the nice Muslim man will be the same again. :) Got in at 1:30 a.m. due to weather. Pizza for !.00 per slice across street/open until 3. Hostel offers coffee and donuts in the mornings. Great price and location. Also offer activities. Definitely great place!

• 5th Dec 2013

I am so glad that I booked in at the New York Budget Inn for my trip to NYC. The location was amazing - a short walk from 33rd St subway station as well as the major Penn and Grand Central Stations. I was able to walk to Times Square and Broadway shows in about 20 minutes! This is also almost right next to the Empire State Building. The price is one of (if not the most) affordable in Manhattan. I missed them, but the free pizza and karaoke nights are a great bonus.

What a great value! We enjoyed our stay. We were also pleasantly surprised by the fridge, microwave, and TV in our room. We will be staying here again for sure.

• 4th Dec 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, if you ask they will point out how to get anywhere. I even forgot a camera in the hostel, and they found it and helped me get it back. The hostel is close to many restaurants and pharmacies. The rooms are clean and confortable. There is free breakfast every day and a kareoke night with free pizza twice a week.

• 2nd Dec 2013

This place is like a cross between a hostel and a hotel: I stayed in a private room, and although we didn't have a bathroom in our room, we did have a desk, chair, fridge, microwave, tv and closet, which is so much more than most hostel rooms have. There were heaps of bathrooms on every floor, which were both private and really clean. Location of the hostel is AMAZING, especially for the price- there are a few subway stops within 5 minutes walk, and 34th street is very safe to walk down at night

Understandably space is an issue in new york but other than the receptiom there isnt really any communal area to eat, hang out or meet people not in your room. And while food is food I dont think doughnut holes really count as breakfast. But the facilities are very clean and secure and the location is excellent.

Thank you for your review! Yes, New York City can be a bit tight and compact. Please note that we do not serve breakfast as indicated on our website and all affiliate sites. We do offer complimentary coffee and donuts from Dunkin Donuts for guests to enjoy.

The only complaint I have is that the first night there the room got so hot!! Was probably over 100 degrees. When I first asked to have the temp turned down, was told to open a window... which due to the traffic outside, was very loud. It was finally fixed, but took hours to cool the room down.

The location and staff are the positive aspects of this hostel. I paid for a "private" room and what i got was a very very tiny room without a window!!! Quite depressing actually after 9 nights!

Absolutely loved it... flawless service, great location, super friendly staff and awesome facilities. Would definitely stay here again in future. Shout out to the friendly guy at reception who knew all the tricks to getting cheap Broadway tickets!

• 29th Nov 2013

Very average for the amount of money we paid. Over 800 dollars for 5 nights twin share - absolute rip off. There are no cooking facilities, no elevators, nothing else included. We had a pipe in our room that hissed loudly at random times - usually in the middle of the night when we were sleeping, definitely loud enough to wake us up. We suspect that the cleaning staff stole an expensive necklace out of a suitcase, but have no way to prove it The staff were overall rude and unhelpful. Don't stay!

Thank you for your review. After reviewing your reservation, please note that you had checked in on 11/28 thru 12/4 in our Double Private Room for 6 nights, not 5. $120 per night in Manhattan is not expensive. As we do not have a kitchen your room included a refrigerator, microwave and sink. If you would have notified us about the hissing of the radiator, we would have gladly adjusted it. As per your necklace, we were never notified and we hope that by now you have found it.

The hostel was clean, safe, and in a great centralized location. I will definitely be staying at this hostel again the next time I visit NYC. I came for the Thanksgiving Day Parade and the staff was super helpful and welcoming.

• 27th Nov 2013

Good hostel, located in Midtown and very close to the Empire State Building. It is very new and very clean (rooms are cleaned daily). Good value for money in Manhattan. Cons: no kitchen, though a fridge and a micro were provided. I had to pay $5 to leave my luggage in the deposit the last day, since I checked out and had to go into town before going to the airport. I would have expected a bit more of flexibility. Breakfast not provided, but every morning there are some free doughnuts and coffee