New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, New York, USA

The staff are excellent at this hostel. They are polite and very helpful. I didn't have to carry my suitcase up any flight of stairs and I stayed here twice in the past two weeks. I found all areas to be spotlessly clean, the comfortable beds were made every day, there are plenty of bathrooms, plenty of space in the rooms, lots of lockers and the air conditioning made the rooms very comfortable during a hot New York summer. It is hands down the best hostel I have stayed in in NYC.

• 29th Jul 2013

This place is amazing! I couldn't believe how quiet our room was. Great location. Super clean. Staff are all really welcoming and friendly and will help with anything. They even have a free pizza night and karaoke. Fab place to stay in NYC!

Believe it or not the rooms without bathroom are better than the ones with bathroom!! That's because of the humidity that stays in the room. On the other hand, the bathrooms outside the rooms are super clean!! I think the staff clean it every hour. I got surprised! The location is excellent! There are many places to eat very close to the hostel. I recommend!!

Unfortunately, I only had a one night's stay in this hostel, but let me say...next time I'm in New York, this is where I'll be staying. Location was perfect, close to a subway station. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And I felt very comfortable staying here, in the shared 4-bed dorm! Comfy bunk beds. Super cute. Very clean.

It was clean, excellent location and great price, will use again!

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

I stayed 1 night but I am like suffocated. Too dark because you are like in a cubicle and couldn't even see sunshine or rain when you wake up. I could hardly sleep because people who stay there bangs their doors every in and out of the room.

• 26th Jul 2013

We really enjoyed our stay, nice room, kind people at the reception desk, great city! All you need for a low price! Nice free extras: appels, slippers, soap and showergel, mueslibars, mini breakfast by Dunkin' Donuts: coffee or hot chocolate with mini donut balls!

• 25th Jul 2013
  • Belgium

Very helpful staffs! Always ready to help me navigate the subway and bus routes. Excellent location! Definitely I will stay there again!

The hostel was setup really well in a great location. The room was a good size with fantastic facilities, especially having our own basin in the room and air con - so great in the heat. The only downside to the hostel was the communication, or inability to communicate well with some of the front desk staff members. We felt that sometimes we were only told half of the information, and then found out later that there was money or more information required, perhaps due to the differing accents too

• 23rd Jul 2013

We had a great week there. Every morning there was hot coffee/hot chocolate from dunkin donuts. We hadn't expected that and appreaciated it very much ;)!! Staff was very helpful, i.e. recommended the perfect shop to buy a new battery charger for my digital camera, carried the suitcases up and down the stairs for us! The room was cleaned up every day! And you had 2 computers in the lobby with acces on the internet for free! - So I highly recommend this place :)!!

this is not what I call a hostel

Thank you for your response however, we are not sure what you mean: We offer inexpensive, clean and comfortable accommodations with an amazing location for both our private and shared rooms. We offer FREE- wifi, computers, activities, coffee break & snack, music, pizza night, slipper, soap, shampoo, conditioner, walking tours, movie night, 24 hours front desk and more....ALL FREE! Please make further suggestions as we always try to better ourselves

Great location, lacks a common space and room are very small. Having to pay or lockers/keys should be included with the booking of the room as with the majority of hostels. I asked to book further nights in a weeks time and was told I couldn't do it at the reception just online?! Not very good customer service.

Thank you for your response. Common area is limited here in NYC, but we do maximize it with our activities Please note that starting tomorrow, we will no longer be charging a locker fee. We do not accept any reservations other then online. We feel that guests forget the dates in which they book or claim that we made a mistake with the reservation and for that reason we suggest that guests make their own reservation online with our free computers located in our lobby

Rooms very small but kept nice and clean. bathrooms could be cleaned a little more regularly though. Fantastic location, staff always very helpful. Would stay again!

• 22nd Jul 2013

The Daniel is very nice man!!

Staff were very friendly, great location, we had a private twin basic and it was very tiny!

As they are Aware of, a kitchen is missing and so is a Place to Hang Out, I think tHey Need to make a few rules- such as cannot come to the Hostel Drunk,this is simple because as Most of the rooms are Shared, it can create a nusance to Others in the room.

Staying at the New York Budget Inn was a great experience. The place really gives off a good vibe. The staff is very outgoing, friendly, and dedicated to making your stay fun and comfortable. Thanks for a great couple of nights!

• 19th Jul 2013

Very small room and very warm but ok

• 19th Jul 2013
  • Iceland

No common area to meet new people was the biggest negative for me. A solo traveler.

• 18th Jul 2013

I enjoy a friendly atmosphere which is the Budget Hotels policy. I enjoyed the clean bathroom facilities. I didnt like the stairs but who does? I need to say, THE SHOWER, is difficult to use, because when you turn it off, you need to go thru. the HOT section and I scolded myself badly ... the shower which was opp my room.

• 18th Jul 2013