New York Budget Inn Reviews

200 East 34th St., New York, USA

Very good hostel, clean etc. But there is no wifi during all my travel... A room more bigger to speak with other people will be better

• 6th Aug 2013

Walking tour was good fun great way to meet people, the staff were super friendly and very helpful! Location was excellent I would defiantly stay again and recommend to others! Great value for NYC considering accommodation is expensive in manhattan!!

The hostel is relatively new and everything was really clean. Staff was very helpful with all questions we had. Would definitely stay there again.

The rooms are very small. But for NYC totally fine. The place is very close to the subway and also the Empire State Building. I will recommend this place to friends and will also come again.

• 3rd Aug 2013

I love my stay there. The staff made you feel at home right away and helped me alot. I highly recommend this place!!

We stayed at the NY Budget Inn for 5 nights in august. The staff helped us with our bags and they were super helpful and nice in every situation. The hostel's location is pretty good. It's about 10 minutes walking distance to the Empire State Building and 15 minutes to Times Square. There was also some kind of breakfast which was usually gone by 9:30 when we left the hostel. Also, the rooms are really small. We were hardly able to open both our bags at the same time. Otherwise great hostel :)

• Austria

Great, super-clean and well located hostel! We got a lot more than we expected for the price. We had a nice room with TV, fridge and microwave that got cleaned daily. The staff is incredibly nice, welcoming and friendly. The free breakfast is awesome, the free tours are awesome and needless to say, free pizza + champagne nights are awesome as well. Great, great, great experience at NY Budget Inn, we're definitely recommending this to everyone we know.

• Belgium

Very friendly staff - always ready to help! My room was on street side, so quite noisy all night long - may be the double-glazing could be improved?

• All Female Group, 41+

I had a really good time here for my three day stay in new York. In a great location, few minutes walk from the Empire State Building and 10/15 min walk from Penn station. The staff were very helpful and not cold like in some hostels i've stayed at. There were lockers in the room that was really helpful, free internet and clean toilets and showers I would definetely stay here again in NY and recommend staying here

A great place to stay! The staff are so friendly and welcoming which only added to the great facilities and cleanliness of the place! The rooms were a good size and there we loved how there were plenty of bathrooms on each floor. I would definately stay here again, and recommend to others!

• 31st Jul 2013

It's a nice place, really well managed with nice staff during the day but the night staff was much less friendly. Still a good place even if the shared 4 bedroom price is pretty much expensive. The one thing that I would suggest is to increase the number of power entries so that people can plug and recharge their electronic/electric devices. Way not enough now.

• 31st Jul 2013

Our staff is here to ensure our guest have a pleasant stay. All of our rooms have power outlets that can connect up to six different devices. After reading your review we noticed someone removed the power outlet from the room you stayed. We have currently replaced it. Thank you for your comments we appreciate all suggestions that can help us improve and offer the best customer service.

The hostel is situated in a good but noisy area! The staff was great, friendly, helpful and nice!!! No kitchen. I could recommended it!

As this was my first stay in a hostel, I was quite reluctant to come stay here.. although my stay was spectacular! On arrival, I was immediately tended to by the staff who helped carry my bags upstairs and then allowed my in my room a few hours prior to the check in time allocated. Throughout staying here, the people were very friendly and likable and the staff were always putting on things for the guests such as tours and kareoke and PIZZA NIGHT!!! :) Overall what a fantastic experience! Thanks

• 30th Jul 2013

The staff are excellent at this hostel. They are polite and very helpful. I didn't have to carry my suitcase up any flight of stairs and I stayed here twice in the past two weeks. I found all areas to be spotlessly clean, the comfortable beds were made every day, there are plenty of bathrooms, plenty of space in the rooms, lots of lockers and the air conditioning made the rooms very comfortable during a hot New York summer. It is hands down the best hostel I have stayed in in NYC.

• 29th Jul 2013

This place is amazing! I couldn't believe how quiet our room was. Great location. Super clean. Staff are all really welcoming and friendly and will help with anything. They even have a free pizza night and karaoke. Fab place to stay in NYC!

Believe it or not the rooms without bathroom are better than the ones with bathroom!! That's because of the humidity that stays in the room. On the other hand, the bathrooms outside the rooms are super clean!! I think the staff clean it every hour. I got surprised! The location is excellent! There are many places to eat very close to the hostel. I recommend!!

Unfortunately, I only had a one night's stay in this hostel, but let me say...next time I'm in New York, this is where I'll be staying. Location was perfect, close to a subway station. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And I felt very comfortable staying here, in the shared 4-bed dorm! Comfy bunk beds. Super cute. Very clean.

It was clean, excellent location and great price, will use again!

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

I stayed 1 night but I am like suffocated. Too dark because you are like in a cubicle and couldn't even see sunshine or rain when you wake up. I could hardly sleep because people who stay there bangs their doors every in and out of the room.

• 26th Jul 2013

We really enjoyed our stay, nice room, kind people at the reception desk, great city! All you need for a low price! Nice free extras: appels, slippers, soap and showergel, mueslibars, mini breakfast by Dunkin' Donuts: coffee or hot chocolate with mini donut balls!

• 25th Jul 2013